• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyLarry

God this game is so much fun. Anyone have any idea how to access my career info on the EA site? It only lets me sign in with Origin and I have the game for PS4, not PC or Xbox.
There is definitely a way to link your PS4 account with EA/Origin. I sign into the site and it sees all my stats and I am on PS4.

Ferrio

Banned
Well both have the same weapons/shields but I feel the A-Wing is easier to control. Also, because it's smaller, is harder to shoot it down.

Yeah. I still main the X-Wing because I love it so much, but I don't see any advantage on using them.
Mind you, you can still do good with it. I just topped my team with the X (although I guess it was luck cause I still suck lol).

Kinda bummed at how much I'm getting raped around lol I swear I did way better in the beta. Still lots of fun tho.

X-wing gets one advantage though. Cpu doesn't use a-wings, so it's easier to I pick out players who use As over the Xs.

Ferr986

X-wing gets one advantage though. Cpu doesn't use a-wings, so it's easier to I pick out players who use As over the Xs.

Ah yeah, that's true, you stick more out with an A-Wing/Interceptor.
Honestly , AI only picking 1 type of ship seems so random. Wouldn't mind if they patch it.

Also, for the love of god patch hero ships health lol

Btw, other than the big modes (WA, Supremacy, Squadron), I feel like Droid run is surprisingly fun. The only modes I'm not feeling are the Hero ones.

I got this from redbox, not expecting to like it as much as I do. If any of the dlc packs have a Death Star level I will be buying the complete package. Game is fantastic. Get on it DICE

DOWN

Banned
Is there much reason for them not to do a simple space background for Fighter Squadron mode as a free DLC map for it?

antonz

Oh man had the funniest kill was ducked down behind snow on hoth locking on the ion torpedo at an AT-ST and the moment it fired a snowtrooper jumped over the embankment right into the torpedo.

Yea I'm loving this game too... oh my it is just beautiful.

I love that a Triple-A game has moved away from being super hardcore and only twitchy.

This feels so much more like a multiplayer action game from PS2 days. I freaking love it.

Add to that it's just gorgeous..... can't say it enough :D

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
The trample 25 soldiers with at-at trophy, does that really mean tou have to step on 25 rebels with the at-at or just kill?

Because if you have to step on it, it will take ages....

Is there much reason for them not to do a simple space background for Fighter Squadron mode as a free DLC map for it?

Maybe there is a licensing issue? There was Star Wars 1313 and there is another Star Wars game in development, could they have the space stuff locked down exclusively?

Don't have the trait.
Also can't hit anything even if tapping the trigger. I just plain can't hit anything anywhere with that gun.
Every other gun (that i have) i can use. Can't figure out why.

Are you playing in third or first person view? I play in third person view and only ads at far away targets. Its a beast at up close encounters when you hip-fire it.

The trample 25 soldiers with at-at trophy, does that really mean tou have to step on 25 rebels with the at-at or just kill?

If you ever want to get it done, do it ASAP. Keep reloading Supremacy with the "choose map" option on Hoth until you get put on Empire. Then just camp the AT-ST power up(it has one spawn depending on the control points) and rush forward trying to stomp whoever you see. When you die hopefully you got a couple and then rush back to the AT-ST power up spawn. Rinse and repeat.

Other than that it will be having a buddy join the rebel side while you hold the AT-ST somewhere remote and your buddy tries to get to you for you to stomp them. It is an incredibly stupid trophy. I could have seen doing it ONCE for the hilarity of it. 25 times though... it is a troll trophy from developers for trophy hunters.

Having an absolute blast so far, got like 30 kills with Palpatine and had a giant grin the entire time.

Few things though:
- Played an entire game as 6 vs. 15. No JiP?
- Unlike the beta, it seems the standard rifles trump the DLT and RT at least (heavy blasters).
- Vehicle aiming still off? The AT-AT reticules barely match up with where it lands.
- Aim acceleration on vehicles. I thought they would fix the hyper sensitive aiming on the AT-ST when zoomed?

But dear god, if it isn't a shit load of fun. Went 74-12, 12k points on Endor and still lost our walker, not even mad.

Ferrio

Banned

I just reroll challenges until I get a score one or one that's like 3 hero kills/supremacy wins etc

Ferr986

I noticed when gettiing a kill in Squadron that a Share button prompt appeared to save the kill. Didn't know about that.
Sadly I pressed Share, game took me to the dashboard and I was killed lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Good god piloting is so much easier with a control pad.

Makoto

I'm really bummed out and surprised about the flight controls for PC. It's to the point where I have to whip out the 360 controller (which the controls are perfect for). I also would've preferred they bypassed the need for the soft-lock.

Edit: I don't know why the flight controls actually got more severe in the final release. In beta, I used my 360 controller for general manuevering and then I quick-switch to mouse for precision aiming and at the very least that was doable. Now, using the mouse is just a no-go. A 1:1 copy/paste of Battlefield's flight controls was one of the things I was most looking for to with Battlefront.

I can't rationalize the purchase of the season pass due to my worry over how populated the PC-side of things will be once the last expansion is released. It may be to the point where the playerbase is stretched too thin and we'll have empty playlists and long wait times.

Kingsora

If you ever want to get it done, do it ASAP. Keep reloading Supremacy with the "choose map" option on Hoth until you get put on Empire. Then just camp the AT-ST power up(it has one spawn depending on the control points) and rush forward trying to stomp whoever you see. When you die hopefully you got a couple and then rush back to the AT-ST power up spawn. Rinse and repeat.

Other than that it will be having a buddy join the rebel side while you hold the AT-ST somewhere remote and your buddy tries to get to you for you to stomp them. It is an incredibly stupid trophy. I could have seen doing it ONCE for the hilarity of it. 25 times though... it is a troll trophy from developers for trophy hunters.
Euuuhh i al never gonna get that trophy :(

DOWN

Banned
Third person is hell for aiming and all of you are liars that say it has an overall advantage. The FOV is useless in most shootouts and the aiming is much worse.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Third person is hell for aiming and all of you are liars that say it has an overall advantage. The FOV is useless in most shootouts and the aiming is much worse.
Yep

The FoV is a much smaller difference than people make it seem and it's so much easier to shoot in first.

hesido

Played just the deathmatch so far, I'm that average joe. Since k/d is an objective in deathmatches, we can talk about it: it's sitting at 1.20 now. I'm expecting it to hover around 1.0x after sometime. Will jump in to those advanced modes once I get to grips with the gunplay and the maps. I push a lot for the objectives, I do die in the process a lot but in the end I help my team win more often than not,

The game looks superb, best FPS graphics, 60fps to boot. The foliage is unmatched in anything I've seen so far, very organic patterns btw, not just a spraying of objects carelessly, and physical reactions of the foliage ties everything together.

Being able to look around corners without exposing yourself is critical to a lot of firefights.

Kingsora

Is it just me or does the Endor supremacy map looks quite different comparing with the Endor walker map?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man, some people have a handle on flying so fucking well their skill level utterly dominates my own to the point where literally nothing I can do will lose them. Just had a guy take down my Slave 1 in an A-Wing that no fancy flying, speed shifting, or stunt moves could get rid of. Behind me 100% of the time laying in rounds.

03sho

My friend is my partner and we are both in a party so when I join a game why doesn't he automatically join too?? PS4 btw

Ferrio

Banned
Not a challenge. A trophy for the game.

Oh lol, good luck.

Good god piloting is so much easier with a control pad.

I'm really bummed out and surprised about the flight controls for PC. It's to the point where I have to whip out the 360 controller (which the controls are perfect for). I also would've preferred they bypassed the need for the soft-lock.

Edit: I don't know why the flight controls actually got more severe in the final release. In beta, I used my 360 controller for general manuevering and then I quick-switch to mouse for precision aiming and at the very least that was doable. Now, using the mouse is just a no-go. A 1:1 copy/paste of Battlefield's flight controls was one of the things I was most looking for to with Battlefront.

I've always thought flight controls were more entertaining/better on joystick/pad with these battlefield type games. Just feels more natural. The mouse controls do feel worse than they should be though.

Being able to look around corners without exposing yourself is critical to a lot of firefights.

Yep that's the biggest reason 3rd is better. You can rack up so many kills just being patient and hiding behind a tree/rock. Wait for enemies to run past then just shoot them in the back.

Kingsora

Also what I am miscounting here?

blast has 9 playable maps, walker 4. Thats 13??

My friend is my partner and we are both in a party so when I join a game why doesn't he automatically join too?? PS4 btw

This is part of the game and not PS4. In the upper left corner you have to make him your partner once he is in your party. Once you see your icon and his, you join a game. On his end in the upper left he'll get a notification that you have joined a game and for him to join as well. It is beyond stupid.

Kingsora

I think there are actually 13 maps based on a list I saw in this thread earlier, there is one extra Tatooine map.
Yeah I noticed, strange that they have always marketed as 12 maps and everybody talks about 'only' 12 maps.

While there are clearly 13 maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom