• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastables

I just played three matches of Walker Assault, but I still haven't fully understood the uplink mechanics. So there are always two uplinks on the map. Controlling them as rebells gives you "locks". The longer you control an uplink the more locks you gain. Locks are represented by fighter symbols at the top of the screen. Right?

So how do these locks correspond to actual fighter attacks? When do fighters attack and how many fighters do attack the Walkers?

Number of Ywing Symbols correspond to how many Y wings ion bomb the Walkers. When the blue crackling occurs players can cause damage to walkers, the more Y wings that attack means this window of Vulnerability is longer.

Y wings will commence their bombing runs when the bar at the top of the screen hits/fills the nodes in the bar.

N30RYU

I would be seriously SHOCKED if they don't add Death Star maps for Fighter Squadron and other game modes through DLC. The Fighter Squadron mechanics are perfectly robust enough for space fights.
What a AT-ST kinda fight but in space vs a Star Destroyer...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Each one represents a Y-wing, which fly in and are the ones that are causing the AT-ATs to be vulnerable. But simplistically each Y-wing just represents X amount of seconds the AT-AT is vulnerable for. I've heard you can shoot them down, but I've tried many times in a tie fighter... no luck so someone might be bullshitting me.

The Y-wings start their run once the AT-ATs reach a certain area on the map, you can see how close by the UI in the top middle. Each circle represents a vulnerable phase.

Number of Ywing Symbols correspond to how many Y wings ion bomb the Walkers. When the blue crackling occurs players can cause damage to walkers, the more Y wings that attack means this window of Vulnerability is longer.

Y wings will commence their bombing runs when the bar at the top of the screen hits/fills the nodes in the bar.

That makes sense. Thanks!

Wasn't aware that the attacks commence at fixed points of the fight.

The character customisation is like a really disappointing aspect, of all the choices, different storm trooper armours and such, do we end up with 20 different boring faces? There's so many different storm trooper armours across the films and shows I don't see how we ended up with just two besides planet default, if anything we should be able to buy the planet defaults to overide them.

Seems like a missed opportunity for some cool unlocks, and instead we get lame faces.
Give me
latest

2. Flight suits
3. Optional Empire armor.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
T-21 is the best for range? I've been using the RT-97C just because of how quick it is. Maybe I should try using the T-21.

T-21 is pretty much the blaster equivalent of a semi auto rifle. Slow shots, fantastic long range accuracy and damage.

03sho

There was a long range weapon that could be equipped in the left and right hand card slots on the beta. Almost like a sniper rifle but it had to recharge. Does anyone know which one it was?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tusken cycler rifle is a late unlock card that's instant shot, long range accuracy, scope and high damage.
Pulse cannon is an early unlock card that is also a high accuracy, long range rifle with a scope. But you hold down fire to charge up four tiers worth of damage before firing. It'll one hit kill at maximum charge.

I'm probably the only person in the world that wants this, but I'd love to be able to keep playing as one faction rather than swapping each game. Or at the very least, be able to search for games with a preference for a faction.

I just wanna be a stormtrooper forever.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Rubber-banding needs a fucking solution. ESPECIALLY when in ships. Its moronic that any lag equals immediate doom. They should send your ship up and into a safe zone or something rather than deadlock it into gravity death.

Also changing the tow cable to triangle rather than 2 triggers really just fucked me when I tried to pull a clutch win just now.

Games good, but lag is really removing a layer of fun from it. Also some maps have horrid icon placement like with Tatooine Phase 1 of Walker Assault and all rebel ship icons in easily campable by Imps locations. No air support this game lads! Typical DICE shit really.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I ordered this from Simply Games, did anyone else not get a Jakku code? I know it's not out at the moment, but it's a bit annoying to not have it. No leaflet, email or receipt with this supposed code on.

Right. I know it's not canon (but neither is helmetless stormtroopers), but I would have preferred other Imperial helmets, even if these guys technically didn't fight in battles. Like the Imperial pilot helmets, gunner helmets, or even the ones the AT-AT pilots have. Anything aside from the blasphemous helmetless Stormtroopers.

Random thought, but it would have been awesome if the Emperor spawned Royal Guards instead of red-accented Stormtroopers.
Give me
latest

2. Flight suits
3. Optional Empire armor.

There's so much possible choice that I don't understand how 20+ human faces is what makes up the bulk of it.

Delio

So did I just run into lag or console hacking? I was playing a guy named justinc446. He was good top of the scoreboards but i notice he was not taking damage. I knew for sure he was not taking damage cause I saw six people were converged on him at one point shooting endlessly and he was not losing health. I shot a homing shot at him nothing happened. Meanwhile he was just killing everyone that came at him. What gives?

Lrrr

Still can't get over how good this game looks and runs. DICE, time to share your secrets so other Devs can get to your level. That Endor map is unreal

Indeed!

On a related note, riding on top an AT-AT is one way for us Imperials to try and win WA on Endor. :p

CheapGiganticBarebirdbat.gif

Guesong

I think I must accept I am terrible at shooters. Which wasnt always the case, but I have no explanations or excuses left.

I cannot get a good score for the life of me. I get the drop on a guy, they turn around and apparantly 2 shot me. I try to use the Pulse Charger and never get anyone. Nothing rolls my side. Nothing. Its a sprinting simulator.

This is getting depressing.

How do I get gud T_T

Machina

Banned
Just played my first 3 hour stretch. A bit of Supremacy and a bit of Fighter Squadron.

This game is amazing, I'm not even sorry. It's fucking gorgeous and the gameplay is tight as a drum and fun to play.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Anyone else getting a "lost connection to PSN" error 9/10 times when trying to join domination or Walker assault ?

antonz

An Ewok threw a rock at my head and I got a trophy for it. :lol

I didn't even see any Ewoks.

They are sneaky bastards. They run inside the little huts when people come around. Occasionally you can see them in their gliders zipping around.

As for the Imperial Options I do agree they cheaped out on additional Armors. Hell they could have given Tie Pilot Uniform, Royal Guard and hell for fairness sake they could have given a camo trooper unlock.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm sure this has to have been pointed out before, but similar to how in the beta it took me a long time to ever see the rebels win walker assault on hoth, to this day I've *NEVER* seen imperials win walker assault on endor. Never.

Only one walker to kill + rebel treehouse advantage in second phase has made it almost impossible for imperials to win. I've literally never seen it happen. Has it happened anywhere?

I'm starting to think DICE doesn't particularly care about balance when it comes to the game. It's just mindless action and gushing fan service, which isn't necessarily bad.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So did I just run into lag or console hacking? I was playing a guy named justinc446. He was good top of the scoreboards but i notice he was not taking damage. I knew for sure he was not taking damage cause I saw six people were converged on him at one point shooting endlessly and he was not losing health. I shot a homing shot at him nothing happened. Meanwhile he was just killing everyone that came at him. What gives?
I recorded some footage of this happening. Haven't had a chance to trim and upload it. I was wondering the same, if it was server weirdness or cheating.

Woorloog

Banned
The game needs a "Hunter" or "Predator" mode on Endor. At night.

One cloaked hunter hunting others, who have limited ability to fight.

I'm sure this has to have been pointed out before, but similar to how in the beta it took me a long time to ever see the rebels win walker assault on hoth, to this day I've *NEVER* seen imperials win walker assault on endor. Never.

Only one walker to kill + rebel treehouse advantage in second phase has made it almost impossible for imperials to win. I've literally never seen it happen. Has it happened anywhere?

I'm starting to think DICE doesn't particularly care about balance when it comes to the game. It's just mindless action and gushing fan service, which isn't necessarily bad.
It's favorable for Rebels but I've definitely seen an Imperial win happen a few times.

The game has literally been out for 3 days. Please tell me the MP games that get large balance fixes within 3 days of release.

Woorloog

Banned
That's pretty much Hero Hunt. Just add a predator character and put it on that map.

Haven't tried that mode yet, don't really care for the smaller maps (i assume it is played on the smaller ones).

I was thinking a literal hunter mode though. Kind of a survival mode, for the hunted.
Night Endor is so very atmospheric, would suit a tense mode very well. (Battlefront is anything but tense as it is, IMO.)

I've only played twice so far, but damn this game is fun, especially fighter squadron.

I think I must accept I am terrible at shooters. Which wasnt always the case, but I have no explanations or excuses left.

I cannot get a good score for the life of me. I get the drop on a guy, they turn around and apparantly 2 shot me. I try to use the Pulse Charger and never get anyone. Nothing rolls my side. Nothing. Its a sprinting simulator.

How do I get gud T_T

Learn to aim. No seriously. What main weapon are you using? And do you ADS/zoom then shoot most of the time? Or just hip-fire?

Meowster

How do I get gud T_T
I didn't start out too amazing and I still have my rounds where I kinda don't perform the greatest. Switching from first person to third person seriously helped me out a ton, it was tricky to get used to, but you can see so much more and can tell if someone is to your sides. You're much more aware. Weapon upgrades help as well. I did some of the single player missions and challenges to help myself get better too. It's okay if you die all the time too, that doesn't negatively affect you, sometimes a little kamikaze run is all that is needed. Keep trying, you'll get there. ;)

Machina

Banned
I find it almost disgraceful that there are multiple versions of the same map, aka Endor at night, Tattoine at Dusk etc and nobody cares. THAT IS A BIG DEAL. Do you seriously want DICE to slap together this really crap looking level like Battlefront 2 that they farted out just for the sake of having it there as content, OR do you want them to properly craft this map which you're going to be playing hundreds of hours in probably.

Endor would not look as good as it does if there were 20 maps in game at launch.

How do I get gud T_T
Hang in there. The biggest thing, as with all competitive games, is practice. Just keep playing and you'll naturally get better. I used to be awful at fighters, but a couple of months of dedicated Injustice play and I found myself winning matches and doing combos.

I feel your pain though, I'm similarly bad at these types of shooters. A couple of things that can help, find a gun you like and stick with it. Learn the maps as well. Learn where people go, the side paths, places with good cover, etc.

The biggest thing I can suggest is don't focus on your KDR and personal performance. Focus on the objective and assisting teammates until you're more comfortable with the game. Follow people around, stick with your partner if he/she is doing well. Pick up cards like the homing missile, impact grenade, and explosive shot to assist you while you learn the mechanics of the game (aiming, positioning, flow of battle).

Most of my frustrations came from me trying to lone wolf everywhere. That's just asking to die when you're not good at the game. You'll constantly be caught out of position and out played with no one to have your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom