• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I know this is the OT and all, but it seems Battlefront might be another Destiny. I mean in the sense that its reviews aren't super high,but actual gamers are loving it.

I just reached level 14. I don't know what the complaints for progression are, but it's definitely on par with Black Ops 3 at least. It has fewer unlocks, but time to rank up, etc is longer. You can prestige in BO3 in 24 hours. I gather, at least 30-35 in Battlefront to hit 50, no?

Aside from WA needing more maps, depth is fine to me. Tons of WTF moments and playing as a Hero is just pure fun.

Maybe the ones that arw enjoying this the most are old fogies (like me)? Younger FPS fans want that quick, run n gun and supreme carrot on a stick thing? Not that there's anything wrong with that. BF is significantly different from today's FPS that it might have worked against it when it comes to reviews.

Don't care much. Loving it so far.

DOWN

Banned
So ya bastards were warning people off about EA's priorities over map count when the season pass only has one map more than the base price gets ya?

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Anyone actually use the shared loadout thing with your partner yet? I know it exists, never actually tried to use it.
It can be very usefull if your partner has a jetpack and you haven't unlocked it yet

Anyone actually use the shared loadout thing with your partner yet? I know it exists, never actually tried to use it.

Yeah it just gives you his loadout. Which is nice if you want something that he has but haven't unlocked it on your end. My buddy has barely played so when we do I ask him what he wants to try and I put it on(Level 34 here). It is pretty nice if you play with a more casual friend.

Is the consensus the DL-44 being the best gun right now? I find the range is fucking shit. Can't wait to unlock the EE-3.

In Assault Walker and Supremacy you should definitely go with something else unless you are using the Jetpack to close distance. In almost every other game mode DL-44 is king. It is just about never putting yourself in a long distance shoot out. My K/D was about 2.0 while not using it. Once I unlocked that thing it went to 3.0 and 4.0 and I pretty much carried every single game mode(other than AW/Supremacy) that I was in. It is ridiculous and I feel lame using it but it got frustrating when 75% of my deaths were to people using that gun.

You're either using the DL-44 or you're getting killed by it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
The character customisation is like a really disappointing aspect, of all the choices, different storm trooper armours and such, do we end up with 20 different boring faces? There's so many different storm trooper armours across the films and shows I don't see how we ended up with just two besides planet default, if anything we should be able to buy the planet defaults to overide them.

Seems like a missed opportunity for some cool unlocks, and instead we get lame faces.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is the consensus the DL-44 being the best gun right now? I find the range is fucking shit. Can't wait to unlock the EE-3.

DL-44 for short medium range due to the fire rate, acceptable accuracy cone, and crazy damage.
T-21 for range.

As a first time player that's all I did for my matches last night. Just cloned a buddie's loadout so I could at least have the option to be effective.

And once we were done I went into unlocks and still only have one left-side card, one right-side card and a wait still for a middle card. Locking all that stuff behind level and credits walls sucks.

rdytoroll

Still can't get over how good this game looks and runs. DICE, time to share your secrets so other Devs can get to your level. That Endor map is unreal

The character customisation is like a really disappointing aspect, of all the choices, different storm trooper armours and such, do we end up with 20 different boring faces? There's so many different storm trooper armours across the films and shows I don't see how we ended up with just two besides planet default, if anything we should be able to buy the planet defaults to overide them.

Seems like a missed opportunity for some cool unlocks, and instead we get lame faces.

Right. I know it's not canon (but neither is helmetless stormtroopers), but I would have preferred other Imperial helmets, even if these guys technically didn't fight in battles. Like the Imperial pilot helmets, gunner helmets, or even the ones the AT-AT pilots have. Anything aside from the blasphemous helmetless Stormtroopers.

Random thought, but it would have been awesome if the Emperor spawned Royal Guards instead of red-accented Stormtroopers.

So for the people saying there weren't many more guns they could add for this based on the OT.

Leia's blaster pistol
Bossk's rifle
A few variants
And something I typically hate in games but is very common in Star Wars, dual wield blaster pistols.

So for the people saying there weren't many more guns they could add for this based on the OT.

Leia's blaster pistol
Bossk's rifle
A few variants
And something I typically hate in games but is very common in Star Wars, dual wield blaster pistols.

There are tons of guns they could have added if they wanted to. They weren't constrained by the OT. They made up weapons (grenade launcher, flashbang) and took gadgets from the prequels (squad shield, and I think the personal shield).

For most people, it seems like yes the DL-44 is the best, at close/medium range anyway.

Personally i find the SE-14C is better, if you can land the 5 shot burst in full, it will 1burst vs the 2shot of the DL-44, but this is harder for most people to pull off. It also doesn't suck at mid range

Klocker

For all the talk about lack of content I am really enjoying more game variants than most games offer.

I enjoy 4-5 of the different game types

Most Mp games I play 1-2

Really enjoying it..

Loving the hell out of this game. But it needs a few changes that I've spotted so far.

-The menu needs to stop playing that stupid walker cutscene every minute, just let me sit there and enjoy the music.
-Fighter Squadron is way too short, I played about 20 rounds and not one lasted more than 6 minutes, most ended in 3-4 minutes.
-Millennium is so OP compared to the Slave.
-One walker on Endor is bogus, it's rare to see it survive beyond the second checkpoint.
-I want all modes to have weather and time of day variations. I don't like that Walker Assault on Endor is always daytime and sunny, give me that sweet cloudy/raining effect I've seen playing smaller modes.
-Space battles.

That's about it, everything else is glorious.

I find the Fighter Squadron mode to be the most fun. I really hope we get more ships to use in that mode! Rogue Squadron is my favorite Star Wars game series so it's scratching that itch.

So anyone else who plays a lot of Fighter Squadron find themselves completely unstoppable in the A-Wing? It seems like DICE screwed up the hitbox on it because shots are landing but they explode right behind the A-Wing so they don't do damage.

I find A-Wings to be the hardest fighter to kill yeah. Haven't used em much since I prefer the X-Wing.

So anyone else who plays a lot of Fighter Squadron find themselves completely unstoppable in the A-Wing? It seems like DICE screwed up the hitbox on it because shots are landing but they explode right behind the A-Wing so they don't do damage.

I also find it much harder to get a target lock on an A-Wing vs on any other ship in the game.

Yes. I went 17/10/1 just now in the A-Wing. It is the best fighter jet besides the broken Falcon.

I noticed the same thing as well when going after enemy A-Wings in which my shots doesn't register. It's so bad that I don't go after enemy A-Wings anymore, and it's probably the reason why I rarely get shot down in one because the enemy team feels the same.

Digby

Neo Member
I just hit level 17 on the PC version. 17 levels of consistenly placing last. I rarely go in the positive kd ratio. I have no idea how these people go 30 and 6 consistently map after map. And why dont they auto balance teams on blast, droid or the other modes?

The game was fun at first, now its just frustrating as hell.

I just hit level 17 on the PC version. 17 levels of consistenly placing last. I rarely go in the positive kd ratio. I have no idea how these people go 30 and 6 consistently map after map. And why dont they auto balance teams on blast, droid or the other modes?

I got the AT-AT powerup twice in a row on that one map that isn't Hoth, Endor, or Tatooine. With it, my k/d that game jumped from 9/4 to 25/5 real quick. It is ridiculously strong and if you get the right angle, you can get all kinds of kills. One "strike" that I did killed like 6 people.

For most people, it seems like yes the DL-44 is the best, at close/medium range anyway.

Personally i find the SE-14C is better, if you can land the 5 shot burst in full, it will 1burst vs the 2shot of the DL-44, but this is harder for most people to pull off. It also doesn't suck at mid range

T-21 for medium to long range
+scout pistol for that 1shot kill in close quarters.

James93

The powerups, some times you can get nice kill streak holding a choke point. But they really need to have auto balance.

Rudiano

Banned
The RPG is so shit in this game, why the fuck cant it lock onto aircraft? When you have 4 enemies in the air you can do shit, if you try flying you will get rekt easily since its impossible in this game to win vs multiple dog fighters. The RPG cant shoot them down, what the fuck are we supposed to do?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I just played three matches of Walker Assault, but I still haven't fully understood the uplink mechanics. So there are always two uplinks on the map. Controlling them as rebells gives you "locks". The longer you control an uplink the more locks you gain. Locks are represented by fighter symbols at the top of the screen. Right?

So how do these locks correspond to actual fighter attacks? When do fighters attack and how many fighters do attack the Walkers?

Ferrio

Banned
I just played three matches of Walker Assault, but I still haven't fully understood the uplink mechanics. So there are always two uplinks on the map. Controlling them as rebells gives you "locks". The longer you control an uplink the more locks you gain. Locks are represented by fighter symbols at the top of the screen. Right?

So how do these locks correspond to actual fighter attacks? When do fighters attack and how many fighters do attack the Walkers?

Each one represents a Y-wing, which fly in and are the ones that are causing the AT-ATs to be vulnerable. But simplistically each Y-wing just represents X amount of seconds the AT-AT is vulnerable for. I've heard you can shoot them down, but I've tried many times in a tie fighter... no luck so someone might be bullshitting me.

The Y-wings start their run once the AT-ATs reach a certain area on the map, you can see how close by the UI in the top middle. Each circle represents a vulnerable phase.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Fighter squadron is so fun. Still don't see why they couldn't to space battle.

I would be seriously SHOCKED if they don't add Death Star maps for Fighter Squadron and other game modes through DLC. The Fighter Squadron mechanics are perfectly robust enough for space fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom