• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Shame none of the guns are really fun. Didnt unlocked the DL44 yet but the rest is just meh. None feel very good for some reason. Just shooting for ages on people.

Eggbok

Add me Boke18. I'll definitely be on later today after some Fallout. If not we can always play some other time :)

Yea I get some of the complaints but this is a game that's perfect for me. I already have COD and this game is so easy to pick up and play. Game is fun to. It's really up to the person.

Add me; patriot_infinity - I will be on to play in about 3 hours. Let's get an 8 man squad going and hop into some different game modes.

A bit disappointing, but they're still pretty awesome.

Feel free to add me on PS4. Same name as on GAF here. Just add a msg so I know where it's from. Hit rank 25 today. Can't wait for 40 for dat Rodian rebel though.

Added!

I'd like to see a breakdown of exactly how many maps are unique. Obviously you've got the 4 big maps and at least a handful of the smaller maps but I'm not sure how the numbers work out.

I think it's 4 big maps for the 4 planets and then 2 small maps on each planet since that adds up to the 12 maps.

But yeah, thus far all of the small maps seem to be unique and not just the big maps. Granted I could see how people could think they're just sectioned off due to looking very similar but the layouts are very different.

To which... Is Jakku going to be 2 maps or 3 maps? It would make sense if it was 1 big map and 2 small maps.
I think this is correct, all maps are unique. Though when you look at, for example, the small Imperial Hangar map in Sullust I can see how you might think it's a sectioned of part of the big Sullust map. In fact there's a capture point in an Imperial Hangar on sullust supremacy. But in fact, the small map is unique and features a different layout and different pathways.

Woorloog

Banned
Why the RT-97C is so popular? I can't hit anything with it.
That DLT-19 or whatever the first machineblaster is called, it is great in my hands (within reasonable range, ofc).
E-11 is the best overall for me though.

Lyonaz

That feeling when you're losing walker assault, but you and your teammate manage to take the last two walkers down with the tow cable speeder almost around the same time.

This game is amazing.

exYle

Heh, now I've been on the receiving end of the Millenium Falcon's BS... got killed as Slave I twice in one match because he crashed into me with shields both times

Bastables

Ridicoulus post is ridiculous.

They're hard to breathe into, obv.

tumblr_mjtq7pjfz81s8tjmho1_500.gif

starwars-celebration-teaser-9.gif

Lol, these German troops are wearing Hoheitszeichen patches from 1943 when the game in set in 1944. GI chin straps are wrong too, game is trash due to failures of historical minutia accuracy.

Why the RT-97C is so popular? I can't hit anything with it.
That DLT-19 or whatever the first machineblaster is called, it is great in my hands (within reasonable range, ofc).
E-11 is the best overall for me though.
E-11 fires too slow and sounds meh. I use the RT-97C because it's a heavy blaster that fires fast and sounds amazing. Feathering the trigger makes ranged kills easy enough as well.

I started with disappointment that I couldn't reload, or boost slide, or clamber, or double jump. My brain just wants to do ALL of those things, all the time, especially when I need to GTFO of dodge.

But then you realize that nobody else can either (save heroes and jump jetters) so its all good.

There is something truly special about running through the woods hearing Darth Vader cutting down your buddies behind you. Crazy feeling.

And even better when you find yourself lifted off the ground and spun around to see Vader crushing the last ember of life from your body. Damnit, I thought I was going to get away, but NOPE :)

darthbob

Not necessarily. Could be a logistics issue, constructing armor fitting aliens... I mean, it took 19 years to build one Death Star, the Empire has shit logistics.

I'm just basing my findings off of stuff from the non-canon EU. The Empire from there was basically a Human-Power centric bunch of racists.

However after the destruction of the DSII and the death of Palpatine they needed everyone they could get and eventually recruited aliens, even making armor to fit their physiology.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper#Post-Galactic_Empire_period

Woorloog

Banned
I'm just basing my findings off of stuff from the non-canon EU. The Empire from there was basically a Human-Power centric bunch of racists.

However after the destruction of the DSII and the death of Palpatine they needed everyone they could get and eventually recruited aliens, even making armor to fit their physiology.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper#Post-Galactic_Empire_period

Old EU means nothing now.
Canon articles have new canon in Wookieepedia.

Bastables

But not race inclusive, at least not yet anyways.

Empire was pro-human only, no aliens.

eh, I'm fine with Human primacy if it includes various ethnicities and genders. Unlike the original movies and like the new VIII movie. The latter might also explain why we'll be seeing Stormtroopers without their helmets, hell even Maori clone troopers removed their helmets from time to time. I'm bald Asian trooper and Middle age rebel female in game, very good EA and new disney overlord.

Woorloog

Banned
*sobs* I don't need the reminder.

I don't need reminders of old EU... It has good stuff but overall, i prefer blank slate. With luck, new EU will be more consistent and overall better.
And we cay say fuck-off to Villain Sues like Emperor Vitiate. Fucking BioWare.

So I just had a thought regarding additional DLC Heroes and Villains, keeping the OT timeline, and needing to strike a balance:

1) This game has Shadow Troopers.
2) Shadow Troopers are from Force Unleashed http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_trooper
3) This means Force Unleashed is considered canon by Battlefront
4) If they add Obi-Wan and need an evil lightsaber wielder for balance, they can use Starkiller
5) Starkiller confirmed as DLC character

I wish

Haha that's some HalfLife3-Confirmed level conspiracy and I'm on board the Starkiller hype train.
I enjoyed TFU and liked the story of the first one (but not the second). It's still canon to me. Starkiller was cool and I hope one day someone decides to pull some version of him back into canon.

Bastables

I don't need reminders of old EU... It has good stuff but overall, i prefer blank slate. With luck, new EU will be more consistent and overall better.

Yeah EU was stomping on my childhood before the prequels, Fuck you Kevin J anderson/Stackpole with your terribad mary sue and oh Starwars nerds like chicks with red hair let's add another.

Palpable

Bioware came up with the amazing EU story of KotOR. Best EU story in all of SW for sure. Both 1 & 2 (even though Obsidian did 2).

darthbob

To be fair, and I'm sure you know this, the old EU was mostly full of crap. Just terrible... terrible ideas.

Sure there were a few gems, Rogue Squadron, Thrawn, etc. but relegating all that to the Legends category was probably the best thing that Disney could have done.

That being said, the current canon has shit in it too.
SHEEEEEEEEV

Feathering with E-11 produces superb results. RT-97C? No help at all.

I only use the RT-97C and my KDR is at like a 2.33, I primarily play Supremacy. The trick is to tap the trigger and let off on your shots, never hold the trigger unless you are right up on somebody. It actually has a bit a recoil and laser drift. You also want to lead your shots in the direction that a target is moving. The focus aim trait also works wonders as well.

DOWN

Banned
I think it's 4 big maps for the 4 planets and then 2 small maps on each planet since that adds up to the 12 maps.

But yeah, thus far all of the small maps seem to be unique and not just the big maps. Granted I could see how people could think they're just sectioned off due to looking very similar but the layouts are very different.

To which... Is Jakku going to be 2 maps or 3 maps? It would make sense if it was 1 big map and 2 small maps.

Got the impression Jakku DLC is one big, one small.

Woorloog

Banned
I only use the RT-97C and my KDR is at like a 2.33, I primarily play Supremacy. The trick is to tap the trigger and let off on your shots, never hold the trigger unless you are right up on somebody. It actually has a bit a recoil and laser drift. You also want to lead your shots in the direction that a target is moving. The focus aim trait also works wonders as well.

Don't have the trait.
Also can't hit anything even if tapping the trigger. I just plain can't hit anything anywhere with that gun.
Every other gun (that i have) i can use. Can't figure out why.

Moozo

I am really fucking good at this game. It feels nice.

Anyway, the trophy for most kills on Blast is bugged on PS4. Played 10 games tonight and had most kills in 7 of them and it never popped.

Ferr986

Is it me or are TIEs better thanWings in Squadron? I feel like they control better.

And the X-Wing is def worse than the A-Wing for me. Super bummed about that :(

darthbob

Is it me or are TIEs better thanWings in Squadron? I feel like they control better.

Wait what? This makes zero sense from a lore standpoint.

The A-wing foregoes forward shielding to compensate for the twin J-77 Event-Horizon engines that power the craft. Whereas the X-wing utilizes a slightly more powerful deflector shield system and has an astromech for navigation and repair.

wtf dice 0/10

mileS

Fighter Squadron is insanely fun. I hope we get lots of new maps for it considering how easy they would be to make. Mostly just a skybox besides a few canyons.

Ferrio

Banned

A-wing is top tier imo. Could be confirmation bias, but I always do best in them. Shield > Speed.

That is one horrible team, how the hell did they let you stay alive for that long inside that turret? Everyone seems fairly quick to react to turrets and AT-ST's 99% of the time I played.

Probably because they were all focusing on taking down the Walkers.

The pan to the Walker perfectly illustrates why I love this game. The music, the giant Walker firing these devastating blasts, the coordinated laser gunfire, the particle effects and the electricity running up and down the Walker. It's so good.

Agreed.

Black-Box

Seriously. It takes me out of the experience to see Stormtroopers running around bald. They shouldn't ever take their helmets off. The whole idea of a Stormtrooper is that you look the same as your comrades, you're just a number.

That sort of customization completely ruins it for me and frankly I'm pretty close to putting the game down for good because of it.

They did it in clone wars and there were just clones.

Elitist1945

God this game is so much fun. Anyone have any idea how to access my career info on the EA site? It only lets me sign in with Origin and I have the game for PS4, not PC or Xbox.

Ferr986

Wait what? This makes zero sense from a lore standpoint.

The A-wing foregoes forward shielding to compensate for the twin J-77 Event-Horizon engines that power the craft. Whereas the X-wing utilizes a slightly more powerful deflector shield system and has an astromech for navigation and repair.

wtf dice 0/10

Well both have the same weapons/shields but I feel the A-Wing is easier to control. Also, because it's smaller, is harder to shoot it down.

A-wing is top tier imo. Could be confirmation bias, but I always do best in them. Shield > Speed.

Yeah. I still main the X-Wing because I love it so much, but I don't see any advantage on using them.
Mind you, you can still do good with it. I just topped my team with the X (although I guess it was luck cause I still suck lol).

Kinda bummed at how much I'm getting raped around lol I swear I did way better in the beta. Still lots of fun tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom