• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiNutz

Banned
go to the star cards page and you can upgrade any star card for 7k credits

Goddamn I had no idea!

Talking of Star Cards when is everyone using? My hand is pretty boring at the moment...

Thermal Detonator
Scan Pulse
Jump Pack

I was really excited to unlock Barrage (the three grenade launcher) but I've not really had much success with it. Seem to get more kills with just the regular Thermal Detonator.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Do the hero and vehicle power ups share the same spawn locations as regular power ups? Do they have unique locations? What determines if a vehicle or hero power up appears?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
God damn this game is everything I wanted.

Running along Hoth, hills around, immense crossfire of lasers firing off overhead. Snowspeeder flies over pursued by a tie interceptor, x wing comes crashing down as a thermal imploder goes off somewhere nearby and AT STs are storming ahead.

God damn this game is everything I wanted.

Running along Hoth, hills around, immense crossfire of lasers firing off overhead. Snowspeeder flies over pursued by a tie interceptor, x wing comes crashing down as a thermal imploder goes off somewhere nearby and AT STs are storming ahead.

I already own the game but you've sold me again!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Does anyone know if the PC version has native DS4 support? Would like to avoid emulation.

This is so fun to play but sometimes people are really stupid and have no idea what they are doing..
Especially Heroes vs. Villians. Oh my god, people are so dumb in that. I was continously the last hero alive and had to save it. I really think peoples brains go, "omg im bobafett lets go kill everyoneee!!!" Jetpacks into huge group, dies instantly. The heroes are prettty strong, but not when there are 3 others on the map! Play defensively and evasively!!

I don't understand how these idiots didn't know the game would have little content. No Clone Wars. No space battles. No single player. Even the beta felt bare bones. Maybe some gamers are just that stupid but I saw it coming from a mile away.

Now Dice and EA have made millions over, yet another, half asssed game. Good job.

Wat?

So according to you, people who play and enjoy the game are stupid, because they bought according to you a "half assed game" (which it isnt btw)?

derFeef

When Walkers become vulnerable and everyone starts unloading on them, lasers flying everywhere and the music kicks in. Goosebumps!

Tak3n

Banned
Does anyone know if the PC version has native DS4 support? Would like to avoid emulation.

FYI there is no aim assist, I would of loved this on PC but I am a couch PC guy, and I got destroyed in the Beta, so I went with the X1 version, you might fair better on a controller

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Especially Heroes vs. Villians. Oh my god, people are so dumb in that. I was continously the last hero alive and had to save it. I really think peoples brains go, "omg im bobafett lets go kill everyoneee!!!" Jetpacks into huge group, dies instantly. The heroes are prettty strong, but not when there are 3 others on the map! Play defensively and evasively!!

Yeah i tried a bit of it last night and just saw everyone run straight into the center. All I could think was "Wouldn't they have a better chance if the heroes stayed like, on the fringes?"

GHG

Not native but it's working perfectly for me using DS4 Windows.

I'm getting utterly destroyed though I have to say. Need to do some tweaking to my controller settings and get better.

Looks fucking amazing though on the PC and I'm still having fun despite sucking. If things don't improve (in terms of my ability to be competitive) I might have to double dip on the PS4 at some point in the future.

Tak3n

Banned
I don't understand how these idiots didn't know the game would have little content. No Clone Wars. No space battles. No single player. Even the beta felt bare bones. Maybe some gamers are just that stupid but I saw it coming from a mile away.

Now Dice and EA have made millions over, yet another, half asssed game. Good job.

I might be missing your point, but I get the impression you don't like it

Niosai

Just did Walker Assault on Endor and for some reason the entire rebel team disappeared. Me and the remaining Empire just ran around and did emotes and stuff until we inevitably won. It was weird.

Tak3n

Banned

I'm getting utterly destroyed though I have to say. Need to do some tweaking to my controller settings and get better.

Looks fucking amazing though on the PC and I'm still having fun despite sucking. If things don't improve (in terms of my ability to be competitive) I might have to double dip on the PS4 at some point in the future.

I dont understand why they can not do aim assist, it is 2015, I think we are past the KB/M silly arguments

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
FYI there is no aim assist, I would of loved this on PC but I am a couch PC guy, and I got destroyed in the Beta, so I went with the X1 version, you might fair better on a controller

Actually I just want to use it for flight and vehicle controls. I find them unusable with KB+M

Ozorov

Guys is anyone capable of explainining me the supremacy mode.It is not rush,it is not domination but a strange mix.

I'm also little confused on how the mode works :D. But it seems like there's five locations: A, B, C, D and E. First off location A activates, when that one is captures by the Rebels or the Empire B activates etc. And I guess first to 3 locations win?

kriskrosbbk

I'm also little confused on how the mode works :D. But it seems like there's five locations: A, B, C, D and E. First off location A activates, when that one is captures by the Rebels or the Empire B activates etc. And I guess first to 3 locations win?

Yeah man, I am trying to like it,as it is one of the big modes,but really prefer WA atm,dunno.

I'm the only one who's playing with the air vehicles basic control setup? lol
I play default set up. Probably my best mode too haha.

Nah that's not it. There's 5 points: A,B,C,D, and E. A and B are defaulted to Rebel control, D and E are imperial. C is open at the start, so both teams try to take it. Once C is taken, lets say by Rebels, they have to defend C and attack D. Say Imperials take C, they then have to defend C and attack B. So on and so forth. Team with the most control points at the end of the game wins or first team to take all 5 wins.

So I have around five hours so far and I’m enjoying it, but I can’t really play it for long periods of time or I get bored. I mainly play it in short burst. Enough cannot be said about the graphics and sounds, they are absolutely stunning, and easily the best I’ve ever seen. The performance is amazing too; I’m averaging about 80 fps with everything on ultra, playing on 1080p. Gameplay is simple and fun, but I really understand the criticism about the lack of content. It has a lot of potential so I hope it gets better. I was thinking about getting the season pass, but I’ll hold off on it until I know exactly what they are going to do. However, I am worried about the PC population, but its Star Wars so I don’t think I’ll ever have too much trouble finding games in the future.

Tak3n

Banned
And how is the current year relevant in the discussion of aimbots being allowed in multiplayer or not?

having aim assist on no ways makes KB/M players at a disadvantaged, so they should implement it to allow those people from a growing market to enjoy the game on a equal footing....

the year is relevant as this nonsense you see from 'keyboard warriors' who try to ridicule anyone who dares to play the game not to their standards is silly and has been going on for years, and with the advent of steam machines in '2015' now is the time to implement it

Ozorov

I play default set up. Probably my best mode too haha.

Nah that's not it. There's 5 points: A,B,C,D, and E. A and B are defaulted to Rebel control, D and E are imperial. C is open at the start, so both teams try to take it. Once C is taken, lets say by Rebels, they have to defend C and attack D. Say Imperials take C, they then have to defend C and attack B. So on and so forth. Team with the most control points at the end of the game wins or first team to take all 5 wins.

Okey, thanks for the info!

Hanmik

this is One way to get around a marketing deal..

BXreCBI.jpg

or is it just an ad telling us Xbox One is on Xbox One..?

hmmm

MiguelItUp

You saw it from a mile away? Apparently not, the game is solid in a lot of people's eyes, including my own. Is it for everyone? Not at all, just like everything. But the game was certainly not "half-assed", yeah, DICE and EA are making money off of this and I feel like they deserve it. I can only hope they deliver ten fold with DLC.

jeemer

Everyone already seems to be gravitating towards that the no helmet female stormtrooper with the ponytail.

That sort of customization completely ruins it for me and frankly I'm pretty close to putting the game down for good because of it.

Are you actually serious?

Will it get better or am I wasting my time?

Take your time dude. You can't expect to be instantly great at multiplayer after avoiding it for years. Don't rush into battle. Be careful. Go for objectives. I'd probably recommend you play a smaller mode initially until you become more comfortable.

Playing with a controller on pc probably isn't going to do you any favours either, except for the flying :/ I'm on pc too - if you happen to be EU give me a shout and we could maybe team up? I'm no expert but could maybe help a little! paulietheb0ss on origin.

wow... guess I shouldn't have been in a total blackout with this game. No server browser on pc... I just closed the game. :(

You uhhh... should probably try playing it? I wish there was a server browser too, but in ~40 hours of battlefront I have hardly experienced noticeable lag at all.

Also FYI, if you are Vader or Luke you can block lightsaber attacks... by blocking. Crazy how nobody realizes this.

I can't believe I didn't try this, I'm a moron. Is it true you can absorb/deflect laser shots like this with the emperor? Someone said that earlier in this thread, but I tried it last night but it didn't seem to work.

ISee

BXreCBI.jpg

hmmm

Oh no... this will turn this thread into a shitstorm.

It's a trap!

I can't believe I didn't try this, I'm a moron. Is it true you can absorb/deflect laser shots like this with the emperor? Someone said that earlier in this thread, but I tried it last night but it didn't seem to work.

Also as Luke you can push grenades back. Did this by accident and killed a guy with it. Awesome.

I mean... I totally knew this and planed for it. I am playing at mlg levels.

No, seriously I suck. I beat all souls games but this one... I just suck.

jeemer

A few (hopefully realistic) points for consideration regarding tweaks to this game:

* Walker Assault was rebalanced too hard in the other direction. Now that rebels have unlocks things have naturally become much easier. AT-ST/AT-ATs having weakpoints now just magnifies this. The Endor map in particular needs attention - 1 Walker with 3 points is effectively impossible for Imperials right now.

* Imperials should really have at least optional camo for darker levels, maybe not dark but greenish. Rebels are pretty light in colour on Hoth so they don't have too much of an disadvantage, but Imperials can really stick out like a sore thumb, especially on Endor. I can see more casual players stopping playing these levels rather than grinding for the shadowtrooper, since it doesn't unlock till level 50.

* The Millenium Falcon should not be able to shield and fly through Slave I for free.

* Boba Fett seems slightly out of balance with the other heroes. Possibly less jet pack time, or it takes longer to become available again? It's incredibly easy for him to keep distance for long periods of time, or even just use repeated slight boosts to make himself effectively impossible to hit. There are also certain maps where Boba can hide on a ledge and stay mostly out of sight. He is the only hero I've never seen go down quickly in ANY game of H&V, and I've played a ton of it.

* I feel like Leia's stunlock on Trooper Bane lasts slightly too long on villains at the moment. She can just stunlock any villain while a teammate wiles out on them.

* Hero ships seem to have an awful lot of health, a bit too much imo.

* Gametype playlists would be awesome. I'd love to line up a game of Heroes & Villains, then Fighter Squadron, then Dropzone, for example.

* I wouldn't be against increasing cooldown on grenade cards. Especially considering one person can potentially be holding a thermal detonator, an impact detonator and a thermal imploder. I'm seeing a LOT of grenade spam.

* I don't see it happening, but spawning could use some additional attention. Sometimes I have a partner yet I can't spawn on him despite him being alive? It's not even like Battlefield where I can see that they are [IN COMBAT] - I do really wish there were selectable spawn points on a map a la battlefield, or we could at least spawn on any squad member instead of just our partner.

* ...I still hold out hope for a server browser, at least on pc.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm the only one who's playing with the air vehicles basic control setup? lol

I'm playing with the basic set up too. Doesn't make sense for me to aim with left stick in the planes. I aim with right stick on the ground and in other vehicles so why chage it when flying?

I find the default setup fine as is.

For me, Battlefront hits just the right spot. I am not a competitive FPS-player, so I am enjoying the "casual" vibe of this game, and as an audio-visual experience it is simply amazing. If I get 30-40 hours worth of enjoyment out of this - and I will - it'll be worth the money.

I'll eventually get the DLC, too, I think. I just hope that they build on this template, as this is the most immersive Star Wars -video game ever made.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

BXreCBI.jpg

hmmm

The guys behind these tricks at Xbox deserve a raise for consistent creativity.

Raxious

Guys help me out here. Just bought the game for the PS4 but as soon as I get into the Vader minigame, it says that the game is already 100% installed. Now I played the Beta so I removed all those files including the save files and restarted my PS4. Yet it still shows the install is at 100 when I start up.

xxl30001

Banned
Any tips with Walker Assault and Supremacy? I suck at those so hard I feel like I've never played a shooter before unlike modes like Blast.

RiamuBME

Anyone still potentially not convinced on the game or unsure as to whether or not you will like it?

Well, hopefully I can help you :) I run a series called "FIRST HOUR!", where basically I just check out the first hour or so, of new games to help show people what to expect. Latest episode just went up and it is about Battlefront!

This might be able to show you a little more about the game and what to expect from a punter's point of view. Not a journalist or reviewer, just normal guy putting in the game and playing. Hope I can help, or that if you check it out you enjoy it!

mqdefault.webp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol9XFetKlX0

DrKelpo

Banned
I changed the air controls to southpaw (obviously), but now it's tricky to do evasive maneuvers, because you have to take your thumb of the stick do to it.

Is there some way around this or do we have to wait for dice to hopefully patch this, so buttons can be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom