• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

You're not supposed to "shake" it. You're supposed take cover when it is fired and wait for it to explode. If you hide before it says MISSILE INCOMING (or whatever the message is) the missile hasn't been fired and they can try to lock on again when you leave cover.

It's a figure of speech man. I'm not physically shaking my controller. I'm moving to cover and my location is obstructed yet the lock remains

I never said you claimed that you got a lock. I keep asking you to make a video because:

To which someone corrected you:

And then yo told them they are "factually wrong".

Right there you are suggesting that breaking LoS does not stop the homing missile. You said it happened to you once, great, but right there you say that's how it IS. Not how it is ONCE - but "factually wrong" when someone explains to you that's not how the game works.

Spare me, man. Seriously.
Yeah, because it happened to me, so it's obviously a possibility. It doesn't matter if it's lag, or a bug or whatever. I never claimed that that's how the homing shot functioned. Just that it was possible to get hit with one after you break line of sight. I never said that's how it IS I claimed that it can HAPPEN.

In fact I literally said in that last quote that it's totally possible that something in the game might have fucked up and might need to be patched. Which would imply that I understood that that wasn't the regular function of the gun.

I can't deal with these fucking weapons anymore. Fucking piece of shit travel time lasers, can't hit the broadside of a barn. I lose every fucking engagement.

UGH so fucking irritating.

What problems are you having? You definitely have to lead shots a bit more than I think I ever had to in BF4. Definitely takes some getting used to.

Also, the lasers still have recoil so if you just hold the button down most weapons will start to spray.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
This is why I feel like we won't see many OT hero additions. I think Chewy and Tarkin will probably be all we see (if even that). The focus will likely be on TFA content going forward and hopefully one prequels/TCW pack.

SWBF2 heroes/villains:
http://swgames.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefront_II_heroes_and_villains
So that means the following were all the Heroes in that game.

Comparing that with the new ones from the Force Awakens and they have a lot of choice.

Heroes:
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mace Windu
Aayla Secura
Anakin
Kit Fisto
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Princess Leia
Yoda

Villains
Count Dooku
General Grievous
Jango Fett
Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Asajj Ventress
Emperor Palpatine
Boba Fett
Anakin Skywalker

Yeah, because it happened to me, so it's obviously a possibility. It doesn't matter if it's lag, or a bug or whatever. I never claimed that that's how the homing shot functioned. Just that it was possible to get hit with one after you break line of sight. I never said that's how it IS I claimed that it can HAPPEN.

In fact I literally said in that last quote that it's totally possible that something in the game might have fucked up and might need to be patched. Which would imply that I understood that that wasn't the regular function of the gun.

I hope you understand that when someone explains to you how the weapon works and you say they are "factually wrong" - that you are making a claim that the other individual is wrong. That is how you made your claim of how the weapon works - when the user said the weapon worked one way - you said no and claimed it as fact - fact.

There's no point to continue arguing with you when you repeatedly try to say you said one thing when you wrote another. I can see where you are going with this but it's right in your own posts for everyone to see.

Feel free to reply and continue altering your own argument to fit whatever narrative you like, I won't be replying to you.

DirtyLarry

Can someone explain to me why people can so easily kill me across a whole map but it's nearly impossible for me to do so? I shoot sparingly so the aim doesn't fly off the handle but i don't get how these people are shooting so far and accurately with a standard E11 blaster.
There is also the one charged star card for the middle called "Focus Fire" that "stabilizes weapon accuracy for a short time"
Could be they are using it.

Bastables

the lock on is super fast, though, you can basically fire as soon as you aim at an enemy. I like it and always use it, but I agree that it's a cheap weapon that doesn't require any skill.

Cheap like it's counters: Equipping Body Guard Trait (Which also helps vs explosive bolts and all he grenades and area of effect blasts like fighters AT-ST/AT-AT) or smoke grenades. Hiding behind geometry is not so much a skill either.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i thought i would get sick of this quick but the game is just pretty damn fun. the stupid emotes and character models cost so much though...why the hell does it cost the same to unlock a weapon as it does to make my character bald? lol

Kingsora

I really hope we get some prequel things in it. Give me the Gungans/Droid army fight on naboo.
Wanna play as a anakin, obi wan and grevious.

That's what I also wanted, but yesterdag I watched epsiode 1 again and the Gungans their 'guns' are just grenades and sticks :p I don't think it would be very fun to play as a Gungan :p

i thought i would get sick of this quick but the game is just pretty damn fun. the stupid emotes and character models cost so much though...why the hell does it cost the same to unlock a weapon as it does to make my character bald? lol

I hate the fact that you need to replenish cards, those things go FAST as hell and are just way over priced. :( a cooldown would be better no?

That's what I also wanted, but yesterdag I watched epsiode 1 again and the Gungans their 'guns' are just grenades and sticks :p I don't think it would be very fun to play as a Gungan :p
lol, as a kid I always thought Boomas were the coolest looking bombs ever. I wanted one.

QGMwkSU.jpg

Also lol these films have not aged well.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Nooooo I was so close to 7k to buy my trait card and I accidentally spend 1700 on a face while browsing through them!

The worst part is that it was human 7 with the pony tail which looks almost identical to human 9 with the pony tail which I already have.

JDHarbs

I hate the fact that you need to replenish cards, those things go FAST as hell and are just way over priced. :( a cooldown would be better no?
Other players rarely go for the charges laid around the map so I always pick them up and have stacked a ton of charges for my cards. I've never had to buy extra charges once.

I'm finding it super hard to decided when to play Fallout 4 and when to play Battlefront. I wish I could play them both at the same time.

I made the mistake of buying Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Fallout 4 and Battlefront. Last night I just stared at the My games and apps page for about 5 minutes.

I don't think any blaster is necessarily overpowered, as the range seems to define everything. Close up pistols and shotguns rule, mid range is owned by rifles, and the faster the fire rate the less damage weapons do. It all comes down to playing to your range and hoping you're not running into lag or latency issues.

Where I see the most imbalance is with the randomness of (non-hero, non-vehicle) pickups on the battlefield. If one team is getting orbital bombardments and anti-infantry turrets and imploders while you keep picking up anti-vehicle turrets (when playing as Imperials) or card cool-downs it makes the game feel like Mario Kart.

Its that randomness that shuts down any of my attempts to worry about winning. Skill absolutely plays a factor here, but luck of the draw determines a hell of a lot all on its own. The more I care about tactics and cooperation and winning the less I enjoy the game. And the more I take in just how awesome the scene is, win or lose, the more fun it is.

Its one of the handful of aspects of the game that gives off a strong future microtransaction smell. Its a real bummer that your charges persist across matches, because its very easy to lose em with something like the Sonar Pulse.

This game is so enjoyable when you boot it up. uncomplicated fun and awesome atmosphere - yes
EWmof.gif
It is and it isn't. Its a lot more difficult to tell how your team is doing in Walker Assault. Its a pretty complicated system and the UI isn't intuitive so I've frequently lost matches I thought we were dominating and won matches at the last moment where we were getting stomped the whole way through. Still trying to get a handle on it all.

But its definitely easy to jump in and start having fun, absolutely.

Kingsora

lol, as a kid I always thought Boomas were the coolest looking bombs ever. I wanted one.

QGMwkSU.jpg

Also lol these films have not aged well.

They look incredibly cool, but I doubt it would be fun if those are the only weapons you can play with. :p

deoee

Its one of the handful of aspects of the game that gives off a strong future microtransaction smell. Its a real bummer that your charges persist across matches, because its very easy to lose em with something like the Sonar Pulse.

It is and it isn't. Its a lot more difficult to tell how your team is doing in Walker Assault. Its a pretty complicated system and the UI isn't intuitive so I've frequently lost matches I thought we were dominating and won matches at the last moment where we were getting stomped the whole way through. Still trying to get a handle on it all.

But its definitely easy to jump in and start having fun, absolutely.

Yeah there is parts that need work, especially communication with your team... How often have I lost because people dont do objectives?!
I played Droid Run for the first time today and had a blast after a few minutes in the game.
Have to say I feel like a Grunt in Titanfall at times :D

Bastables

It's quite similar to the Card system in Garden warfare, where you earn "credits" to spend on expendable Zombies and Plants. I'm guessing the concept came from there along with the "soft" microtransasction insertion that will come.

Boogdud

All this wishing of prequel stuff really has me scratching my head as a 40 year old. We finally get back to the legit star wars era, after suffering in a sea of gungan shit and errector set droids for 16 years and you guys are actually asking for that stuff again?

/Mugatu

I don't care if it's 'old man yelling at clouds' you guys that enjoyed those movies when you were kids need to re-watch them, and feel embarrassed because they are hot garbage. I only hope the new movies are at least semi-decent because I don't want to go through that again. I guess it has to do with your age. Is it finally the time when the old guys can finally call out the young men on their nostalgia now?

end rant.. sorry.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The only match of Walker Assault I can join at the moment is 170ms ping with both AT-ATs bugged dead, Rebels endlessly earning Y-Wings that'll never come.

11euck.jpg

Thanks EA/DICE.

jackdoe

I just wrecked a team on sorrusoub? Complex with one got like 15 kills and 3 tramples. It was amazing.
That team must have really sucked. Two Ion Torpedos will end the AT-ST and there's no obstructions on that level, which means they can aim at you from halfway across the map and get a lock on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom