• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping that with the Jakku map they add two free Heroes (Finn and Ren). That would be cool and start the hype for the movie.

Chewie also really needs be in, but if they just keep it only OT, what decent Villain do they even have to set him against....? There literally is nothing
That's not true.
DnNsni7.png

I had probably my best match ever (beta included). It was on the Hoth Walker Assault map, on the Imperial side, and I had 38 kills and 8 or 9 deaths. Until the last minute, it looked like I was going to finish the map with the most kills and most points, but a teammate over took me and a opponent on the other team did as well. We actually ended up losing, though.

Also, on a side note, I just wanted to say this: I understand where the detractors for the game are coming from, where they complain about a lack of content (I personally am quite satisfied), however, with all the problems AAA games seem to have today, content means nothing if you don't have a solid basis for a game in place. And that's what DICE has done. They created easily one of the best looking games of this generation all while having a solid framerate. To me, that's the hard stuff (at least it seems that way). Once Battlefront 2 comes out (and surely it will), they can focus on adding more content (and maybe a story mode). Though, we still don't know what content is coming via the Season Pass for BF1.

Woorloog

Banned
Endor, as Imperials. The second the second phase Y-Wing attack runs out of time, the AT-AT gets blown up.

Really. So fucking close to get to play the third section... not that we could have won but man...

So why doesn't Endor have two AT-ATs?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I have zero interest in the season pass but if there is a trench run map released.......

Be still my beating heart.

ULpQvDs.jpg

this is the most onesided beatdown I've ever seen. how can a team be this bad

Adding the kills of the winning team and deaths of the other I'd say there were a few quitters and latecomers.

JDHarbs

Endor, as Imperials. The second the second phase Y-Wing attack runs out of time, the AT-AT gets blown up.

Really. So fucking close to get to play the third section... not that we could have won but man...

So why doesn't Endor have two AT-ATs?
For balance because the Rebels can't use Snowspeeders in a wooded area like that.

I'm yelling at the TV, "Why can't I do that!?", referring to my opponents ability to take me out in 2.5 "thunk"s where I seem to overheat my blaster unloading every shot into their back as they turn around to get me.

Boke1879

I have zero interest in the season pass but if there is a trench run map released.......

Be still my beating heart.

Adding the kills of the winning team and deaths of the other I'd say there were a few quitters and latecomers.

Would be cool to have a fighter squadron map just for the whole death star attack run.

Lrrr

Here's hoping that with the Jakku map they add two free Heroes (Finn and Ren). That would be cool and start the hype for the movie.

Chewie also really needs be in, but if they just keep it only OT, what decent Villain do they even have to set him against....? There literally is nothing

I don't want anyone from TFA. I want Lando, Chewie and Jabba. Everyone keeps asking how Jabba can be done, but it's a video game, I'm sure DICE can make him slither as fast as Palpatine runs. LOL

ReBurn

Gold Member
This game is absolute crap at changing up teams. One team can dominate indefinitely and the server will not care.

I've left the game after a match on more than one occasion just to get into a match that I could compete in. The matchmaking on this game is dubious.

Woorloog

Banned
Holy hell... The T21B is... awesome.

Three shots kill, and once one learns the weapon's quirks, it is awesome indeed.
Not really good at close combat for sure.

Unfortunately it doesn't count has a heavy blaster, so i can't do a heavy blaster headshot challenge with it.
(The machineblasters and T21 count as heavies.)

zedge

Just experienced my first invincible player on ps4. Just sat at one of the uplinks constantly disabling it. WTF. He was 0-0 with like 6k points at the end. Thevoidbeyond was his name I think.

slash3584

I'm starting to worry about some modes and the DL-44.

It's a little OP already, but in modes like Cargo where most of the battles are in tunnels it's just overkill.

It's there a counter to this? xD

B-Dex

I'm starting to worry about some modes and the DL-44.

It's a little OP already, but in modes like Cargo where most of the battles are in tunnels it's just overkill.

It's there a counter to this? xD

Personal Shield. And toss a detonator or impact grenade. Laugh as your run away.

Sulik2

Uh, so anyone just not having fun with this game? Only mode I found fun at all was Heroes vs. Villians so far and that had issues with stalemate rounds. I find the actual gunplay to be just not good. All the guns feel the same, like firing bb guns and the lack of mobility on the ground coming off Halo 5 and Destiny feels like a step backwards. Having to hope to get a vehicle to have some fun in multiplayer is pretty disappointing. I'm hoping some of the unlock weapons are more fun to use.

Woorloog

Banned
Uh, so anyone just not having fun with this game? Only mode I found fun at all was Heroes vs. Villians so far and that had issues with stalemate rounds. I find the actual gunplay to be just not good. All the guns feel the same, like firing bb guns and the lack of mobility on the ground coming off Halo 5 and Destiny feels like a step backwards. Having to hope to get a vehicle to have some fun in multiplayer is pretty disappointing. I'm hoping some of the unlock weapons are more fun to use.

I find all small modes very fast paced, very mobile. If you play like me, that is.
I have Scout trait, so i'm radar invisible... And i don't go where my team mates go. I sprint across or around the map to flank the enemies, kill 'em and continue onward. This with DLT-19 as my gun of choice. Very run and gun. Jetpack (Upgraded) provides additional mobility when needed, and an Impact Grenades rounds out my equipment.

The only match of Walker Assault I can join at the moment is 170ms ping with both AT-ATs bugged dead, Rebels endlessly earning Y-Wings that'll never come.

Thanks EA/DICE.

fj1NxPN.jpg

I keep watching too much footage of this game. I wish it had more maps. I want to play it, but I can't support it in it's current state. Looks so damn fun though.

newsguy

I feel like a simpleton when discussing online fps because I really donot play them much. With that said, I'm having a blast with this game. I don't mind whatever the lack of maps issue is because I'm so bad that I need many many fights on one map to learn it. Also, I assume it's because the game is new, but I'm almost always top 5 and the person with the most objective points on my team when playing supremacy. I figure people either aren't getting it yet or just want to kill shit.

mileS

I'm yelling at the TV, "Why can't I do that!?", referring to my opponents ability to take me out in 2.5 "thunk"s where I seem to overheat my blaster unloading every shot into their back as they turn around to get me.
This happens to me a lot. It doesn't feel like lag though. Take the t21 for example. Really powerful gun dmg wise. Yet it takes 4-5 really good hits for me to kill, and someone 2-3 shot kills me with the AC or E-11. Its starting to drive me crazy.

PrankT

I love it. Get a jet pack if you want more mobility, but that requires you play the game more. Also, I feel that each weapon is drastically different.

MBison

It's a shame irrational prequel hate will probably keep any prequel stuff out of this game but there's a lot they could mine for it. Some good locations and ships, heroes and villains. Maul, Windu, Jango, Obi Wan, Grievous, Etc.

Magilla

Banned
I'm sure I just need to git gud, but has anyone won Walker Assault on Endor as Imps? If so, how horrible was the Rebels? Haven't even made it past the second stage. When I'm rebels we get it well past half on the first stage and it's gg half way through second.

I was thinking of returning it but there's is the coop stuff for me and my son. Will the season pass add more coop maps or is that strictly for competitive?

I'm sure I just need to git gud, but has anyone won Walker Assault on Endor as Imps? If so, how horrible was the Rebels? Haven't even made it past the second stage. When I'm rebels we get it well past half on the first stage and it's gg half way through second.

Once and the rebels were treating it as TDM and ignoring the objectives. They still came very very close to winning.

Jobbs

Banned
Usually, 75% of the time I'm getting shot in the back, 20% I'm getting the drop on someone and shooting them 8 times without them dying then they turn and kill me, and the other 5% is fun.

Why am I so bad?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Battlefront, I may have said things yesterday that we both regret, but playing you with my brother has resulted in a rekindling of our relationship. I love you Battlefront.
I know, hyperbole, but I think I was just having a bad day yesterday.

I think 50% of my deaths are from the DL-44. That gun is crazy powerful.

You know which gun is the one to get the nerf-axe first.

I've won a single game as the Empire on Endor and our team was pushing the rebel control points insanely hard, they never got more than three Y-Wings and we only managed to win with the Walker at about 5 health.

I feel like Walker Assault still needs balancing across the board. DICE seemed to react hard and made it so the Rebels seem to be able to win the majority of the time now.

Magilla

Banned
Usually, 75% of the time I'm getting shot in the back, 20% I'm getting the drop on someone and shooting them 8 times without them dying then they turn and kill me, and the other 5% is fun.

Why am I so bad?

If you are having fun, just relax and keep at it. It takes some time. I played the beta for 10 hours at least. For most of that I was bottom tier. Now I'm in the top 1/4 most of the time or higher. Finding a gun and loadout that you like is key!

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
In the DLC included in the season pass. They didn't say anything about the free DLC, or anything that could release after the season pass ends.
It would be really cook if the free Jakku DLC added more than just two new maps.

Maybe two new Heroes or some new vehicles. We can dream :)

What I want to know is what are the details and stipulations of the uplinks? From what I can tell, nothing changes whether they've been successfully activated or deactivated or whatever. The air support still comes, the walkers still get exposed etc. Does the amount of exposure time change? Maybe for that map with only one, maybe it should disallow AT exposure if there wasn't a successful uplink, whatever that would entail (whether it's activated at a given time? Amount of time activated vs deactivated? I have no idea).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom