• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Can someone explain to me why people can so easily kill me across a whole map but it's nearly impossible for me to do so? I shoot sparingly so the aim doesn't fly off the handle but i don't get how these people are shooting so far and accurately with a standard E11 blaster.

Are you zooming in? Does more harm than good most of the time, lol. Also play in 3rd person, easily the best way to play.

arimanius

Accomplished what I wanted to this weekend. Hero Hunt was tough to win but finally got it done. Don't think I'll play that mode again lol

X6lkQh2.jpg

JDHarbs

Eh, thankfully Her design can work in real world/realistic design.

Review_AhsokaTVC03.jpg
It would still feel weird to me to see her in a realistic way. Now, having the expansion reflect the show's art style is definitely something that I could get behind. It should be easier on DICE's artists as well.

Bastables

Well yeah. Thats literally how every criticism of balancing a multiplayer video game works. I think something is unbalanced because of how it works in the game and I think it would be better if they changed it.

It doesn't matter what it's like in reality, because the game is obviously not trying to emulate reality. By that logic none of these modes should have respawn because you don't get a respawn when you die in real life, right?

I don't like the way it works in the game and think it would be better if they changed how the game functions. Something isn't immune from criticism because it already exists in the game.

Have you never heard people complain about a multiplayer game being unbalanced? Because it's not that uncommon of an occurance.

You're not the first one to complain of a mechanic that everyone else thinks is fine and logical and argue "balance" "broken" after you have been killed by it, no not the first at all.

Revenge of the sith had a Jedi (SHAAK TI) of the same species as Tano (Togruta) killed by Grevious in the unused sequences.
Funny thing is im still wondering if she is dead or alive in canon.
Grevious death was cut,
some other death was cut
Finally her canon death in Force Unleashed in now no longer canon with the game itself.

You shouldn't have to sit behind a tree until the lock is broken. It should break automatically as soon as you break line of sight by running past a tree and reset. If that's not the way it's supposed to work, and I'm fairly sure it is, then the gun is broken.
It only takes a split second to lock and fire. Chances are by the time you reacted to having a lock it had already been fired.

I've never been able to lock on anyone behind an object the few times I tried the homing shot and stopped using it due to how quickly everyone ducks for cover.

Also, you only need a small fraction of the enemy to lock. So you either had a lock before looking for cover or had part of your model in line of sight.

Now let's add in: lag.

There's a good chance that for a moment here or there you or your opponent will lag. Ever get shot around corners? Happens all the time by a small amount. There will always be a fee frames between you and the other guy. He will see you a few frames behind where you actually are. So by the time you start hearing a lock he's already close to a hard lock.

Again, I don't find it difficult to avoid at all. Anyone using the gun can attest to how hit or miss a lock can be due to geometry.

It killed you once unfairly in your eyes. Too many variables at play to call the weapon broken. I've not seen it do anything you've described yet both from the times I've tried using it and the multitude of times I've had it used on me.

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna quit out from now on whenever Endor pops up in the rotation. Like I said, it's really pretty to look at, but I genuinely despise them as MP maps. Can't see for shit, too much geometry to get hung or stuck on, to hell with all that. I'd say I'm usually about a mid-level player, but I just feel like a stumbling idiot on those maps. Other than that I'm having a decent time with the game.

You're not the first one to complain of a mechanic that everyone else thinks is fine and logical and argue "balance" "broken" after you have been killed by it, no not the first at all.
I wasn't even the first person in this thread to complain about the homing shot and how it works, much less the internet and between people I play the game with. In fact, the only reason I mentioned it is because I saw someone else in the thread complaining about it. So I don't know why you're saying such things in such a snarky shitty tone.

I wasn't even the first person in this thread to complain about the homing shot and how it works, much less the internet and between people I play the game with. In fact, the only reason I mentioned it is because I saw someone else in the thread complaining about it.
What you're describing is not how the shot works. Its how you thought you died.

Big difference.

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna quit out from now on whenever Endor pops up in the rotation. Like I said, it's really pretty to look at, but I genuinely despise them as MP maps. Can't see for shit, too much geometry to get hung or stuck on, to hell with all that. I'd say I'm usually about a mid-level player, but I just feel like a stumbling idiot on those maps. Other than that I'm having a decent time with the game.
Lol me too. I usually skip the Endor stages. I never seem to get anything done and just die from getting stuck on things.

That Tatooine maps are my favorite.

I've taken another look at the Free Radical leaks of Battlefront 3 and die a little every time. Some excellent design from that cancelled game.

Friendly reminder: EA has this series now.

Even if what you're saying is true, the gun needs to be nerfed because it locks on far too fast for what is almost always a sure kill. Especially on large maps.
If its true? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Multiple people have told you exactly how it works but because you died and got pissed that's not how the gun works?

I avoid getting hit 19/20 times because its an easy gun to avoid because it has an early warning system and a damn indicator of direcrion of fire.

You THOUGHT you made it safe but guess what - sometimes what you THINK happen - actually didn't happen

Enough with this "if" crap. Use the damn thing and see for yourself. Multiple people told you exactly how it works.

Record video of you using it, locking on targets behind geometry as you claim or knock it off with the "if its true" BS.

You died because there was lag, you misread geometry or you were sloppy. Get over it. It happens to everyone.

Lol me too. I usually skip the Endor stages. I never seem to get anything done and just die from getting stuck on things.

That Tatooine maps are my favorite.

I've taken another look at the Free Radical leaks of Battlefront 3 and die a little every time. Some excellent design from that cancelled game.

Friendly reminder: EA has this series now.

Seems like they might be designed around using the Scout trait and the Scan Pulse card, maybe using those would make them more enjoyable. I haven't unlocked either of them yet, though.

DJ Gunner

Even if what you're saying is true, the gun needs to be nerfed because it locks on far too fast for what is almost always a sure kill. Especially on large maps.

If you are out in the open, with no cover to run behind when you hear the locking alert, then you've made a mistake. If you do this enough to get killed by the homing launcher consistently, then you need to take a look at your strategy. The homing launcher is pretty easy to use, I'll grant you, but it's also very easy to avoid. I've gotten far, far more kills with it than deaths by it- because I don't allow myself to run in big open spaces unprotected.

If its true? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Multiple people have told you exactly how it works but because you died and got pissed that's not how the gun works?

I avoid getting hit 19/20 times because its an easy gun to avoid because it has an early warning system and a damn indicator of direcrion of fire.

You THOUGHT you made it safe but guess what - sometimes what you THINK happen - actually didn't happen

Enough with this "if" crap. Use the damn thing and see for yourself. Multiple people told you exactly how it works.

Record video of you using it, locking on targets behind geometry as you claim or knock it off with the "if its true" BS.

You died because there was lag, you misread geometry or you were sloppy. Get over it. It happens to everyone.
I have used it. I quickly shelved it because it's boring as shit and is essentially an instant kill most of the time you use it. It requires almost no skill and made the game boring to play.

I already said that it locking onto me when I broke line of sight was probably something like lag or someone hacking and that it probably doesn't function that way normally. Even removed from that it's a bullshit weapon that is too easily abused on larger maps with huge open areas.

Seems like they might be designed around using the Scout trait and the Scan Pulse card, maybe using those would make them more enjoyable. I haven't unlocked either of them yet, though.
That's not a bad idea. I've never used Scan Pulse (I gotta have my shields man!) but it would work well on that map.

I really do need to get in the habit of swapping cards based on the map/mode.

Can someone explain to me why people can so easily kill me across a whole map but it's nearly impossible for me to do so? I shoot sparingly so the aim doesn't fly off the handle but i don't get how these people are shooting so far and accurately with a standard E11 blaster.

What view are you in? I find it easier to shot across the map in third person than first.

JB1981

I agree that the Homing Shot is very unfair. I can't seem to shake it even when I'm clearly behind cover and no longer in line of sight. Cheap weapon as it currently stands.

Bastables

I have used it. I quickly shelved it because it's boring as shit and is essentially an instant kill most of the time you use it. It requires almost no skill and made the game boring to play.

I already said that it locking onto me when I broke line of sight was probably something like lag or someone hacking and that it probably doesn't function that way normally. Even removed from that it's a bullshit weapon that is too easily abused on larger maps with huge open areas.

Lag's, hacks, op weapons that kill people because they don't understand cover, smoke grenades or using trait cards, every excuse but looking at your own actions in game or providing actual proof of these nasty hackers.

So something that is designed to be used in a free and open space becomes more dangerous in a free and open space and is therefore, a bullshit weapon.

I'm amazed you went from saying it can lock on behind cover, despite you now saying you've used it before so you KNOW it can't, to claiming it never breaks a lock even after you get behind cover, to now saying its just probably lag.

We get it. You died a few times because you don't know how to stick close to cover. The solution is to nerf the things that kill you.

I agree that the Homing Shot is very unfair. I can't seem to shake it even when I'm clearly behind cover and no longer in line of sight. Cheap weapon as it currently stands.
You're not supposed to "shake" it. You're supposed take cover when it is fired and wait for it to explode. If you hide before it says MISSILE INCOMING (or whatever the message is) the missile hasn't been fired and they can try to lock on again when you leave cover.

B-Dex

Mine must be defective cause it takes far too long to lock most of the time. But it is easily countered and smoke grenades, once more people use them, make them obsolete. In fact, smoke grenades make doing anything a pain.

moai

It doesnt make sense adding tfa heroes and villains runnning around ot soldiers and troopers. They are not going to do that unless they add skins for that also.

Yeah, compared to some of the other perks/traits/etc. the homing shot is probably a bit overpowered. I've taken cover from them a few times (once I had to run nearly a whole hallway away on Sullust before the lock signal dropped, haha), but usually I catch it right in the back trying to scramble.

Lag's, hacks, op weapons that kill people because they don't understand cover or using trait cards, every excuse but looking at your own actions in game or providing actual proof of these nasty hackers.
Well it only happened once, so I don't know how you expect me to prove it.

I do fine in the game. It's pretty pathetic that you automatically think that because I don't like something about the game it means that I'm bad at it. I have a positive K/D and win ratio. I've won in every game mode. I don't need to change my strategy for shit, because I do just fine doing what I'm doing. You don't have to be bad at a game to point out what you think are flaws in the balancing, and as I pointed out to you before, I'm not the only one who thinks the weapon is pretty fucking cheap.

If all you're going to to is keep quoting me in an aggressive manner because I disagree about the balancing of a video game that you like then I suggest that you learn to deal with the fact that someone may be good at a video game and still have problem with how it's balanced.
So something that is designed to be used in a free and open space becomes more dangerous in a free and open space and is therefore, a bullshit weapon.

I'm amazed you went from saying it can lock on behind cover, despite you now saying you've used it before so you KNOW it can't, to claiming it never breaks a lock even after you get behind cover, to now saying its just probably lag.

We get it. You died a few times because you don't know how to stick close to cover. The solution is to nerf the things that kill you.
I never said it could lock on behind cover frequently. I said that it happened to me, literally once, and then said that there was a good chance that it could have been lag or a bug.

Removed from that, its still a cheap gun. It is brain dead easy to use and will get you a kill the majority of the time you attempt to use it and requires little to no effort. I love how you keep ignoring all of the other people in the thread who say that they feel it's cheap too and just focus on me like I'm the only one to ever complain that it's cheap.

SeppOCE

It doesnt make sense adding tfa heroes and villains runnning around ot soldiers and troopers. They are not going to do that unless they add skins for that also.

Does it make sense that a storm trooper would fight with his helmet off for an entire battle or that Episode 6 Luke can reign hell on Hoth?

It's a game they could add Episode 1 Darth Maul and it wouldn't matter in the slightest.

JDHarbs

The TFA heroes/villains would be restricted to the TFA maps with re-skinned soldiers/vehicles. The original games did the same thing between OT and Prequel maps.

I think they need to redo some of the mechanics in Fighter Squadron. I feel hero coins shouldn't drop untill the the transports have been deployed. They should also raise the score limit to 300 imo. I have too much fun with that mode.

Also slightly nerf A-wings or buff everything else slightly lol. In my experience A-wings Dominant the air.

Well t
It only happened once, so I don't know how you expect me to prove it.

I do fine in the game. It's pretty pathetic that you automatically think that because I don't like something about the game it means that I'm bad at it. I have a positive K/D and win ratio. I've won in every game mode. I don't need to change my strategy for shit, because I do just fine doing what I'm doing. You don't have to be bad at a game to point out what you think are flaws in the balancing, and as I pointed out to you before, I'm not the only one who thinks the weapon is pretty fucking cheap.

If all you're going to to is keep quoting me in an aggressive manner because I disagree about the balancing of a video game that you like then I suggest that you learn to deal with the fact that someone may be good at a video game and still have problem with how it's balanced.
No no no. You can have a 100:1 KDR and triple rank every damn game. You messed up somewhere.

I want to see a recording of it locking on targets BEHIND objects out of line of sight like you claimed.

I got sniped halfway down the map by an E-11. I was at 100% health. You know what my first reaction was? "Welp, lag spike. Happens"

Does it suck? Yep. Is the E-11 a 1 shot kill? Nope.

Perhaps I took a few hits at the exact same moment from other enemies and they all got me at once but the E-11 got the kill so that's all I saw because it happened so fast.

Maybe you took fire from another enemy at the same moment the homing missile hot close and the splash is what killed you, but because it happened so fast - it felt like the homing shot was bullshit.

Record video of your claims and send it to DICE. I sent videos of replicating the infinite health glitch to DICE.

Post the video of it locking behind cover here, too, because I've never been able to. Maybe mine is broke?

I never said it could lock on behind cover frequently. I said that it happened to me, literally once, and then said that there was a good chance that it could have been lag or a bug.

Removed from that, its still a cheap gun. It is brain dead easy to use and will get you a kill the majority of the time you attempt to use it and requires little to no effort. I love how you keep ignoring all of the other people in the thread who say that they feel it's cheap too and just focus on me like I'm the only one to ever complain that it's cheap.

I never said it wasn't cheap - I said it's easy to avoid. I also said I don't personally use it because of how unreliable it is.

You can think it's cheap all you want. Everyone can. That doesn't change the fact that it's extremely unreliable.

Moff

You're not supposed to "shake" it. You're supposed take cover when it is fired and wait for it to explode. If you hide before it says MISSILE INCOMING (or whatever the message is) the missile hasn't been fired and they can try to lock on again when you leave cover.

the lock on is super fast, though, you can basically fire as soon as you aim at an enemy. I like it and always use it, but I agree that it's a cheap weapon that doesn't require any skill.

No no no. You can have a 100:1 KDR and triple rank every damn game. You messed up somewhere.

I want to see a recording of it locking on targets BEHIND objects out of line of sight like you claimed.

I got sniped halfway down the map by an E-11. I was at 100% health. You know what my first reaction was? "Welp, lag spike. Happens"

Does it suck? Yep. Is the E-11 a 1 shot kill? Nope.

Perhaps I took a few hits at the exact same moment from other enemies and they all got me at once but the E-11 got the kill so that's all I saw because it happened so fast.

Maybe you took fire from another enemy at the same moment the homing missile hot close and the splash is what killed you, but because it happened so fast - it felt like the homing shot was bullshit.

Record video of your claims and send it to DICE. I sent videos of replicating the infinite health glitch to DICE.

Post the video of it locking behind cover here, too, because I've never been able to. Maybe mine is broke?
Are you blind? I already said that it only happened once and that it hasn't happened since. I never claimed that I personally locked on to anyone behind cover. How many times am I going to have to repeat the same sentence before you understand that I never claimed that you can routinely lock onto people behind cover?

the lock on is super fast, though, you can basically fire as soon as you aim at an enemy. I like it and always use it, but I agree that it's a cheap weapon that doesn't require any skill.
This I agree with. I said the same thing like 3 times already in this thread lol. I think they need to increase the lock on time so you can't ambush people with it in close combat.

Codiox

I really hope we get some prequel things in it. Give me the Gungans/Droid army fight on naboo.
Wanna play as a anakin, obi wan and grevious.

Are you blind? I already said that it only happened once and that it hasn't happened since. I never claimed that I personally locked on to anyone behind cover. How many times am I going to have to repeat the same sentence before you understand that I never claimed that you can routinely lock onto people behind cover?

I never said you claimed that you got a lock. I keep asking you to make a video because:

And hiding doesn't really do shit.

To which someone corrected you:
The missles are line of sight and can't recognise inanimate blocking objects to circle around them.

And then yo told them they are "factually wrong".
Your first paragraph is factually wrong. I don't know if it was the game fucking up and it needs to be patched, but I was clearly breaking line of site to a homing shot and it still locked on and killed me.

Right there you are suggesting that breaking LoS does not stop the homing missile. You said it happened to you once, great, but right there you say that's how it IS. Not how it is ONCE - but "factually wrong" when someone explains to you that's not how the game works.

Spare me, man. Seriously.

Klyka

Banned
I can't deal with these fucking weapons anymore. Fucking piece of shit travel time lasers, can't hit the broadside of a barn. I lose every fucking engagement.

UGH so fucking irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom