• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDHarbs

All this wishing of prequel stuff really has me scratching my head as a 40 year old. We finally get back to the legit star wars era, after suffering in a sea of gungan shit and errector set droids for 16 years and you guys are actually asking for that stuff again?

/Mugatu

I don't care if it's 'old man yelling at clouds' you guys that enjoyed those movies when you were kids need to re-watch them, and feel embarrassed because they are hot garbage. I only hope the new movies are at least semi-decent because I don't want to go through that again. I guess it has to do with your age. Is it finally the time when the old guys can finally call out the young men on their nostalgia now?

end rant.. sorry.
I'd rather have every era of Star Wars represented in this game instead of limiting it to one.

Has nothing to do with the quality of the films. If you don't want it, then don't buy that pack. Simple as that.

Boogdud

I'd rather have every era of Star Wars represented in this game instead of limiting it to one.

Has nothing to do with the quality of the films.

Very magnanimous of you. I prefer to substitute my own reality where the prequels didn't happen. So in my world all of the eras are covered.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
All this wishing of prequel stuff really has me scratching my head as a 40 year old. We finally get back to the legit star wars era, after suffering in a sea of gungan shit and errector set droids for 16 years and you guys are actually asking for that stuff again?

/Mugatu

I don't care if it's 'old man yelling at clouds' you guys that enjoyed those movies when you were kids need to re-watch them, and feel embarrassed because they are hot garbage. I only hope the new movies are at least semi-decent because I don't want to go through that again. I guess it has to do with your age. Is it finally the time when the old guys can finally call out the young men on their nostalgia now?

end rant.. sorry.
Even if you don't like the prequels, you can't deny it has some great characters and battles that could be incredibly fun in a game. I even dare to say it has more fun content for a game if you compare it with the OT.

I jumped over a homing shot and it turned around completely in the air and hit me from behind.
Squatting in a Hoth trench behind a rock hasn't saved me from them either. Have even gotten killed by a pulse rifle shot that had no LOS on me, at least according to the outlined player the game shows you after being killed.

There is definitely some weirdness afoot.

Makoto

I think they need to redo some of the mechanics in Fighter Squadron. I feel hero coins shouldn't drop untill the the transports have been deployed. They should also raise the score limit to 300 imo. I have too much fun with that mode.

Also slightly nerf A-wings or buff everything else slightly lol. In my experience A-wings Dominant the air.
Yup, give A-Wings the nerf. A soft lock that would land hits on any other fighter somehow turns to poo when you're trying to hit an A-Wing. Remove Speed Boost for the Imperials as well and gives them shields. Right now, losing as Rebels in Fighter Squadron is quite possibly on par with losing as Rebels on Endor Walker Assault. Your teammates have to be asleep for it happen.

Boogdud

Even if you don't like the prequels, you can't deny it has some great characters and battles that could be incredibly fun in a game. I even dare to say it has more fun content for a game if you compare it with the OT.

I have to disagree. There were a few interesting characters, but to me the space battles were mostly rehashed from the OT with CG cranked to 11, and the land battles were over-choreographed, scripted dance routines that wore out their welcome quickly.

It's not just the storycharacters that I didn't like about the prequels. I really disliked the design decisions. The art deco ship design and environments did nothing for me. But that's just me.

Yup, give A-Wings the nerf. A soft lock that would land hits on any other fighter somehow turns to poo when you're trying to hit an A-Wing. Remove Speed Boost for the Imperials as well and gives them shields. Right now, losing as Rebels in Fighter Squadron is quite possibly on par with losing as Rebels on Endor Walker Assault. Your teammates have to be asleep for it happen.
Nah I've won a fair few games as Imperials. Pretty even for me. Imperials just REALLY need to take advantage of those transports.

B-Dex

Squatting in a Hoth trench behind a rock hasn't saved me from them either. Have even gotten killed by a pulse rifle shot that had no LOS on me, at least according to the outlined player the game shows you after being killed.

There is definitely some weirdness afoot.

If the surface it hits isn't that thick the explosion still hits you.

Very magnanimous of you. I prefer to substitute my own reality where the prequels didn't happen. So in my world all of the eras are covered.
Hilarious.

Of all the things to substitute reality for, a few bad films. You can still enjoy the OT even today, tomorrow, and as the continually release material that directly references those films that cannot be mentioned because they don't exist.

Boogdud

Nah I've won a fair few games as Imperials. Pretty even for me. Imperials just REALLY need to take advantage of those transports.

Squadron is where it's most even (even then, a-wings outclass everything else by a wide margin), in walker assault or supremacy they are obscene. The tuning is definitely a lot different in those modes.

They need a nerf/fix to their hitboxes for one.

The other thing that needs to happen is to drop the horrible boost on the ties, replace it with a temporary maneuverability boost button, because that's the only thing that will save a tie, a-wings are too strong right now.

MNC

Thinking about the season pass, it will have at least 3 (4?) More heroes. Probably will be an equal split between heroes and villains. I can imagine Chewie, maybe even Ben Kenobi... But what is left for the villains in the OT?

If the surface it hits isn't that thick the explosion still hits you.
Which if you're right, and I think you are, there is literally nothing you can do about it save smoke grenades if you're in the final area on Hoth (the final rebel holdout in Walker Assault), and in a few other areas besides.

Ok, the A-Wing is OP and fast as fuck, so unfair. Also, some dudes are over level 25 already, how?? I've been playing this nonstop since launch and I'm still lvl 21 :(

And even having unlocked many blasters, the A280C is still my fav.

Lrrr

SO what are the guesses you guys think they will add as new vehicles, maps and Heroes in the DLC. What do you think is realistic, not what you want.

Keeping in mind that DICE has said all content will be from the OT only:

New Maps:
- Cloud City
- Dagobah
- Yavin 4
- Death Star (Now that EA has revealed the season pass, I think we can dismiss what the DICE community manager said Back in June.

New Heroes:
I personally want Chewie, Lando, Tarkin, etc. from the OT, but I still think the four characters from TFA (Rey, Finn, Ren and Phasma) are going to be the heroes and villains and possibly restricted to the Jakku map. That would be LAME AS HELL, but I can see them doing it.

Which if you're right, and I think you are, there is literally nothing you can do about it save smoke grenades if you're in the final area on Hoth (the final rebel holdout in Walker Assault), and in a few other areas besides.
I've been tapped in Hoth trenches and behind corners by blaster fire even when clearly being behind cover and the enemy unable to get LoS. Using my pulse I was waiting for a guy to round a corner that never rounded a corner but managed to kill me before his silhouette came around.

I knew he was there, waited to ambush him, tracked his red silhouette but he fired on me before he walked the turn killing me.

Something is wonky with lag. I've died several times ducking a few feet behind cover.

I'm not convinced DICE has fixed their shit, only masked the rubberbanding from BF4.

Boogdud

Thinking about the season pass, it will have at least 3 (4?) More heroes. Probably will be an equal split between heroes and villains. I can imagine Chewie, maybe even Ben Kenobi... But what is left for the villains in the OT?

Bounty hunters would be a good start Bossk, IG88, Zuckuss, 4LOM. Dark trooper mk3 if they say dark forces is canon maybe?

I've had this since release. However when I join match I always get kicked with message saying I lost connection to PSN. But I'm still online in psn. It takes me sometimes 10-20 attempts before I ever get in a gsme. Anybody else with this issue?

I had this issue, giving the PS4 a fixed Ip actually solved it for me but failing that you need to forward some ports on your router.

http://portforward.com/help/star-wars-battlefront-2015/

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
If anyone doesn't have the game yet, I'm just gonna leave this here.

Aw, it's PC. That's fantastic though, good luck to everyone who's entering. That's super-cool, thanks for being... super-cool.

Edit: Actually I just realized my roommates would let me play on their computers so I'll enter anyway. Haha.

Yes reminders of the prequels would take me out if the fantasy and fun.

It would be like if Splatoon had photos of a dead relative. Maybe I just want an escape and not a sad reminder that good things end?

k4n3

Banned
once the awe wears off this game honestly becomes more frustrating then any DICE game in the past... to much nade spam random spawns unbalanced heroes lack of vehicles customization and any lack depth its sooooo shallow its like a movie you watch once in imax and think its epic then you cant sit through it a second time once its on bluray without paying with your phone the whole time

This game is absolute crap at changing up teams. One team can dominate indefinitely and the server will not care.
Yup. It keeps the same teams and never rebalances.

Now that the dust is settling I can see DICE just doesn't know "how to X" anymore. They left a metric ton on the table with Battlefront and a whole lot of general player vs player rulesets.

I can't say I'll be playing much longer. Had a few fun games and I'm thankful the game was gifted to though.

Special C

The rotation doesn't work with 4 maps. It means when you rotate to the map you started on you are back on the same side you were the first time.

Is it me or does the X-wing have a much shorter turn than a tie fighter or interceptor? I always win those 'loop' battles, because I can turn and shoot them way faster with the X-wing.

Had some solid games today thankfully. Bumped into Elzar as well.

Still think they should perhaps buff Vader somewhat, I just want to pick him.. but urgh..he seemed stronger in the beta, due to blocking and all these new unlocks. Now I just pick Boba for tryhard and good ol' Palpy for shits and giggles.

Is it me or does the X-wing have a much shorter turn than a tie fighter or interceptor? I always win those 'loop' battles, because I can turn and shoot them way faster with the X-wing.

Had some solid games today thankfully. Bumped into Elzar as well.

Still think they should perhaps buff Vader somewhat, I just want to pick him.. but urgh..he seemed stronger in the beta, due to blocking and all these new unlocks. Now I just pick Boba for tryhard and good ol' Palpy for shits and giggles.

Haha!

GGs

LMAO at us taunting.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ULpQvDs.jpg

this is the most onesided beatdown I've ever seen. how can a team be this bad

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Keeping in mind that DICE has said all content will be from the OT only:

New Maps:
- Cloud City
- Dagobah
- Yavin 4
- Death Star (Now that EA has revealed the season pass, I think we can dismiss what the DICE community manager said Back in June.

New Heroes:
I personally want Chewie, Lando, Tarkin, etc. from the OT, but I still think the four characters from TFA (Rey, Finn, Ren and Phasma) are going to be the heroes and villains and possibly restricted to the Jakku map. That would be LAME AS HELL, but I can see them doing it.
Here's hoping that with the Jakku map they add two free Heroes (Finn and Ren). That would be cool and start the hype for the movie.

Chewie also really needs be in, but if they just keep it only OT, what decent Villain do they even have to set him against....? There literally is nothing

JDHarbs

Here's hoping that with the Jakku map they add two free Heroes (Finn and Ren). That would be cool and start the hype for the movie.

Chewie also really needs be in, but if they just keep it only OT, what decent Villain do they even have to set him against....? There literally is nothing
Technically, the Jakku DLC is set 30 years before TFA so those characters wouldn't be born yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom