• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so damn frustrating. And I haven't seen camping this bad in a long time.
I really wish DICE would de-emphasize kills on the score screens for objective based modes and focus on other stuff.

I agree it's strange that the score screen doesn't emphasize Points instead of Kills like in Battlefield.

Just remove it, it's a cheap kill machine. 'Easy' to dodge doesn't make it less of an annoyance to get 'enemy locking/locked on' the entire game.

Female AI making male noise?

heringer

Guys, what are your favorite weapons?

I'm really enjoying the T-21 right now, too bad it makes movement so slow compared to pistols.

I also kind of hate the two initial rifles, E-11 and the Rebels equivalent.

Just remove it, it's a cheap kill machine. 'Easy' to dodge doesn't make it less of an annoyance to get 'enemy locking/locked on' the entire game.

I would wait a little. Maybe when everybody unlocks the rocket it might become a problem. Right now, it's completely fine.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Battlefield effect :E love it when half of the team just ignores the Cargo/Pod/Uplinks and just randomly runs around the map "trying to get kills"

People just don't know or want to pick the Team Deathmatch mode for that purpose...

I don't think people understand Supremacy, its not like Conquest where you can just take any point you want. There is a specific order to things. Not sure how many times I had to go back to secure our first or second point with the icon stating "losing" and I'm like the only one there. /facepalm

todahawk

I don't think people understand Supremacy, its not like Conquest where you can just take any point you want. There is a specific order to things. Not sure how many times I had to go back to secure our first or second point with the icon stating "losing" and I'm like the only one there. /facepalm

people will figure it out eventually. took time during the beta for the rebels to figure out walker assault. but there will always be a group playing every mode as TDM regardless of the the objective.

Woorloog

Banned
Guys, what are your favorite weapons?

I'm really enjoying the T-21 right now, too bad it makes movement so slow compared to pistols.

I also kind of hate the two initial rifles, E-11 and the Rebels equivalent.

E-11 for general use. It is powerful and quite accurate. Three (body) or two (headshots) shots kill with it and it has low recoil. It is a bit slow for close combat though.
DLT-19 for Blast/Cargo (i'm pretty sure it has less recoil than RT-97C which is otherwise more powerful, and that makes RT-97C superior in my eyes).
T-21B is pretty great for medium-to-long range combat but awkward otherwise.

The DH-17 isn't bad but i need to use it more to learn it, i think.

Im enjoying my time with this. Just take too long to level up and some of the unlocks arent really worth the level caps. I love the Squadron so far. Some of the other modes can get too lopsided at times.

kbpud8

Neo Member
test out each weapon, I wouldn't say it based on modes really, just base the weapons per map. Usually stick to a rotation of about 3 for the whole game, T21, DH-17 and E11. Set up different card presets for maps too, make your life a bit easier and cater to the size

MADGAME

Just hit level 35 (way behind many of you) and feel I have a solid grip on the game. I lose most to pistol users, but always inside of their range and too close for my mid or long range weapon. Frustrating, but fair. Mid-range or greater I take great pleasure in obliterating pistol users.

I do feel I need tips in Fighter Squadron. I perform decently, never being below middle of the pack but often placing in top spots and especially so if spawning as a hero ship. I feel however that enemy ships (players, not AI) are able to evade me too frequently, and I am below average at evading enemies when they lock on. Is there a good strategy for shaking a Starfighter off your tail besides the standard d-pad evasive maneuvers and shields? I realize it may be dependent on the enemy’s spatial relation to you but I have not found out how to determine that.

todahawk

Im enjoying my time with this. Just take too long to level up and some of the unlocks arent really worth the level caps. I love the Squadron so far. Some of the other modes can get too lopsided at times.

I'm a bit surprised at how often I keep going back to Fighter Squadron. So much damn fun.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yes you have the offline mode Hero Battle. It's actually incredibly fun.

I even played this mode online for hours against a friend, we really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the heads up on that! I played a few rounds this morning before work and oh man yeah this is super fun! I think this will be my go to time killer from now on.

Splatoon has more team work without voice chat than this game in any of its modes, even while playing with friends it was hard to make strategies. Battlefront really feels like Smash Bros with items at 2x.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ya this game is a Star Wars battle simulator. It's pure arcade fun. People need to realize that and stop worrying that it is different than 'favorite fps no. 143'

Even the single player and local co op modes can keep kids busy for days. Cause they are finally living out their Star Wars fantasys in one if the most graphically advanced games ever made lol.

Hard not to love that.

Agreed. I do not want this like every other shooters. People were bitching it would be BF4 re-skinned, now they are bitching it is not BF4 re-skinned. And I am not talking about the content criticisms. I am talking the complainers. I even seen "no innovation" now thrown around. For fucks sake, stop, lol.

Lol looking at some of his recent posts its clear to see he's one of those casual multiplayer ragers. The type to curse the screen out and call cheater every time he dies. He posed the halo 5 disc on his tv and called it a shit game. Couple posts later he shows a pic of his broken xbox controller claiming 343 owes him. Dumbass probably gets the games for free half the time. Ugh

What a whiney entitled brat. No wonder his music is as shitty as whiney as his reactions.

Can people please finally describe what they expect from the gameplay? Why is it shallow?

Im Lvl 35 on Xbone and still not bored.

this please. i think its the perfect game to jump in and just have some fun.
its not fallout or mgs or the witcher and im starting to believe people compare this game with the likes of fallout etc.

I have yet to see a compelling argument, other than "content" which is not gameplay, and "moving or hip fire does not effect aim", which is not really a massively deep mechanic to begin with, that you have no issue adjusting to in one play through of any game where it feels second nature after. I sometimes wonder if people actually played the final game who say these things.

Lol, not a single speeder going for the clutch walker tow cable. Man, I hate it when I can't find an airspeeder token at the last segment.

How to strafe with a tie-fighter? It's the only fighter with wobbly aim..

The EE-3 makes me go from 'this gun is great' to 'wow this gun is shit' at least 10 times a match lol

deoee

Lol, not a single speeder going for the clutch walker tow cable. Man, I hate it when I can't find an airspeeder token at the last segment.

The EE-3 makes me go from 'this gun is great' to 'wow this gun is shit' at least 10 times a match lol

Btw. the Airspeeder tends to do some fancy gliding and sliding sometimes and I do not know how I'm starting this?
Had me crashing into mountains several times already :-/

After playing Overwatch beta all weekend I went back to play Battlefront but it just isn't that fun anymore. Don't know why but now I get bored before I complete an hour playing it.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Do you guys play in 1st person or 3rd person? I am switching in between, not sure I prefer one over the other ATM.

I switch, third person always in close combat, from far away I sometimes play first person to aim.

vixlar

After playing Overwatch beta all weekend I went back to play Battlefront but it just isn't that fun anymore. Don't know why but now I get bored before I complete an hour playing it.

Overwatch looks so fun!!! I can't wait to that game. In the meantime, Battlefront is all I have and is enough fun to me n_n

MattyG

Banned
Do you guys play in 1st person or 3rd person? I am switching in between, not sure I prefer one over the other ATM.
First. I've always sucked at TPS multiplayer games, and I like the feel of seeing the battle through a Rebel/Stormtrooper's eyes.

MattyG

Banned
I'm on PC ^-^

I do not like how you tend to shoot into obstacles in 3rd person so 90% of the time I'm 1 :D
I believe if the reticle is grey it's going to hit an obstacle, if it's white you're going to shoot past it. I'm not 100% sure on that though, and it's still a pain in the ass.

MiguelItUp

Funny you say that, I felt completely opposite. Primarily because my online experience with Overwatch wasn't that positive. Half the time I was stuck with randos that I feel like didn't understand what the objective was. Or there were 2 or 3 of the same class. I enjoyed the game, but it was frustrating. Going back to Battlefront was a breath of fresh air to a certain degree since people knew what to do and in the games I played after Overwatch, they were doing it. Not to mention the fact that it's a bit more casual and straight forward made it feel less frustrating overall.

Klyka

Banned
I believe if the reticle is grey it's going to hit an obstacle, if it's white you're going to shoot past it. I'm not 100% sure on that though, and it's still a pain in the ass.

That's exactly how it is.

White crosshair = line of sight, grey crosshair = line of sight blocked

MiguelItUp

I stick with 1st person just because it's my preference. In a game like this precision isn't entirely that important, so it's all opinion. I just like the feel of 1st person the most, however I can see why 3rd has its advantages.

B-Dex

Fav Weapons:

Pistol-SE14-C love the rapid fire.
Rifle-EE-3 again love the rapid fire burst
Heavy-tie between RT97-C and the T-21 depends if I want rapid non-stop coverage or pure damage blasts
(Combine the rapid fire blasters with explosive shot for amazing killing power)

T-21b is amazing for range but crap everywhere else. The shock blaster is great indoors or combined with jet pack assaults on high encounter areas.

Fav Star Cards:

Homing shot-keep snipers on the move or devastate poor souls out in the open
Barrage-bounce the grenades off walls or ceilings to dominate interior hallways
Jetpack-great for dodging orbital strikes and making a mad dash for the capture point or just getting out of a bad situation(possibly)

I want to love the flash grenade because it is devastating with direct hits. Pure white screen and a horrible noise. But there is no feedback in the game that it hit anything other than if you blind yourself.

Traits:

Only tried out Bodyguard and Survivalist so far. Bodyguard seems infinitely more useful than the few times I wasn't killed and could hide to regen with survivalist. (Although survivalist does grant health on kills at rank 3) Bodyguard reduces explosion damage by half and blaster damage by 30%! Bounty hunter seems like it would be amazing as well.

Jito

Banned
Well just had the invincibility glitch happen to me, spent the round running around the backlines confusing stormtroopers. I didn't kill anyone as that's cheap as fuck, had 5 troopers trying to melee me down! Seems to be the only way to die is being shot by the AT-AT.

jbortz78

Same here about the EE-3, most of the times a love the gun, but atleast a few times per match i hate the 3 round burst and miss my RT 97 or 280C..

It's so damn frustrating. And I haven't seen camping this bad in a long time.
I really wish DICE would de-emphasize kills on the score screens for objective based modes and focus on other stuff.

*steps out of lurking for months*

The amount of camping and spawn-killing in this game has not been seen since the early 2000s for me.

It doesn't hurt that the best weapons are sniper rifles, and lock on weapons, but I also feel the respawn positioning in certain modes needs work.

The homing shot just feels anticompetitive, also.

I think DICE really had objective rewards down in Bad Company 2, and maybe BF3, which the old squad&class system helped.
Sure, people would spam health and ammo pickups at times, but they were still technically helping the team out, rather than just getting kills.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but too many anti-competitive things ruins my fun. That and my entire team not rushing the objective, and fighting randos instead.

Ferny

Heroes vs Villains is pretty fun. Went in with a buddy yesterday and we were just laughing it up as different heroes. Ended up winning each round too.

I pretty much play this game for fun and don't take it as seriously as I would Halo or something.

todahawk

*steps out of lurking for months*

The amount of camping and spawn-killing in this game has not been seen since the early 2000s for me.

It doesn't hurt that the best weapons are sniper rifles, and lock on weapons, but I also feel the respawn positioning in certain modes needs work.

The homing shot just feels anticompetitive, also.

I think DICE really had objective rewards down in Bad Company 2, and maybe BF3, which the old squad&class system helped.
Sure, people would spam health and ammo pickups at times, but they were still technically helping the team out, rather than just getting kills.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but too many anti-competitive things ruins my fun. That and my entire team not rushing the objective, and fighting randos instead.

Glad I could pull you out of lurk mode!

Yeah, I'm already seeing multiple guys camp spots on Endor at the beginning of the match to get quick snipe kills. I think DICE will catch up and tweak placements, it's pretty obvious on some maps.

Agreed on respawns. Some matches I get continually spawned on the other side of the map from the action and guys are figuring out the patterns and waiting. I love the base game, I'm optimistic DICE will clean things up.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Honestly 80% of my complaints about teamwork, objectives and general gameplay design (like spawning locations) go away when I stop playing supremacy / walker assault.

Drop Zone and Droid Run are the best modes and they also have the best maps in their rotation as far as I am concerned.

Biggest dick move ever, thanks.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/12881702#t=18

Had a hilarious go at Palpatine and I wanted to record it but DVR freaked out (Thanks New Xbox Experience) and I couldn't record anymore clips until I rebooted.

It was on the Tatooine map and at the second uplinks. I got like multiple 4/5 man chain lightnings off and essentially kept the Rebels from ever leaving their spawns in the interior side. Must have been pretty great to see Rebels running and then seeing Palpatine run behind them with force lightning.

Honestly 80% of my complaints about teamwork, objectives and general gameplay design (like spawning locations) go away when I stop playing supremacy / walker assault.

Drop Zone and Droid Run are the best modes and they also have the best maps in their rotation as far as I am concerned.
I feel the same way. I'm just going to stick with drop zone, druid run and blast for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom