• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought BF4 at launch and decided I would never buy a DICE game at launch again.

I haven't heard of many problems with this one though.

Is it a fully functional product already?

People need to stop taking BF4 as a example for future DICE games. Who knows how shitty BF4s development was etc... It was a rushed game..

Battlefront runs fine. Like Digital Foundry said, its the most polished DICE game on consoles so far.

Impulsor

Anyone playing this on Xbox One with the elite controller?

How does it feel? Did it improve your game?

I'm picking up my Elite Controller preorder today and can't wait.

Any configuration tips, other than mapping jump button to one of the paddles?

B-Dex

Yeah that's all I want now, sucks to spawn so far from the action and have to run back.

What I dislike more is spawning closer to the opposite uplink/control point from the one you died closer to. Especially when one is inside and the other is out. I'll switch star card hands and then next death I'll be at a disadvantage cause I'll be indoors and stuck with a useless jet pack or something.

Bradach

People need to stop taking BF4 as a example for future DICE games. Who knows how shitty BF4s development was etc... It was a rushed game..

Battlefront runs fine. Like Digital Foundry said, its the most polished DICE game on consoles so far.

DICE released BF4 under their name. It damaged their name. This is their next game, I don't think its unreasonable to judge them by standards they have set themselves.

I'm glad it's working though. I'll pick this up soon in that case.

mileS

Lol looking at some of his recent posts its clear to see he's one of those casual multiplayer ragers. The type to curse the screen out and call cheater every time he dies. He posed the halo 5 disc on his tv and called it a shit game. Couple posts later he shows a pic of his broken xbox controller claiming 343 owes him. Dumbass probably gets the games for free half the time. Ugh

Klyka

Banned
As a father of two, I just can't tolerate "play more to unlock better shit" games. I miss Warhawk =[.

It's not about unlocks or anything for me, it's about me being used to guns hitting and killing where I aim at instead of flinging weird moving non sensical slow lasers at people that end up barely doing damage or straight up missing no matter where I am while I die to one "thunk" every time.

mileS

Anyways you would think someone of that level of umm 'popularity' would know better than to post pics of his rage quit snapped discs. Way to make yourself look like a baby.
*edit* okay I'm just now noticed we have a big thread on this. Best to keep that there. Ignore my last couple posts.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Is there a mission mode to just screw around with heroes?
Yes you have the offline mode Hero Battle. It's actually incredibly fun.

I even played this mode online for hours against a friend, we really enjoyed it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If you are having death issues it is probably due to latency and the game's bullshit matchmaking rather than the weapons themselves which have absolutely fine projectile speeds and damage ratios.

Klyka

Banned
If you are having death issues it is probably due to latency and the game's bullshit matchmaking rather than the weapons themselves which have absolutely fine projectile speeds and damage ratios.

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I dunno, git gud? I have little issue hitting targets and dealing adequate damage when I'm in a match that is obviously pinging ~40ms. Soon as I'm placed in a bullshit 170ms match everything feels off and terrible and encounters are a chore.

Kosma

Banned
Endor Walker Assault looks so good, It's amazing to see the AT AT through the trees , but confuses me so much.

I think I need to slow down and stop rushing on it and try to hang back and learn the map.

Klyka

Banned
I dunno, git gud? I have little issue hitting targets and dealing adequate damage when I'm in a match that is obviously pinging ~40ms. Soon as I'm placed in a bullshit 170ms match everything feels off and terrible and encounters are a chore.

I just don't like the guns.
It's a personal thing.
I play BLOPS3 and am like "yeah these are guns,cool."
Then i jump into Star Wars and it's like "well, better throw shit everywhere, deal no damage and get spawncamped!"
It's only barely more fun when I play with friends.

Klyka

Banned
How can you not like guns that go pew pew pew

Those sounds make every gun feel so good

Because I am the kind of gamer that looks past presentation once he has seen it and looks more at the gameplay.
And right now,the gameplay is not impressing me personally and I am not sure if the Star Wars coating is enough to push me into playing this for 20+ hours to get used to the guns.

BHK3

Banned
I'm good with Luke and Palpatine, so I dunno. Fett is OP, they say, but neither you nor I have listed him as such. Different strokes.

I didnt list Fett because on certain maps he's good and on the other's he isn't. The volcanic springs map he's bad at since it's all open space, forest he's good cause you can't see shit on that map. Palpitine is a hit and run character whos good only in close quarters, gotta abuse that health drop power.

Tak3n

Banned
Anyone playing this on Xbox One with the elite controller?

How does it feel? Did it improve your game?

I'm picking up my Elite Controller preorder today and can't wait.

Any configuration tips, other than mapping jump button to one of the paddles?

I do :)

I will be honest it does not change as much as say BO3 as that is a full on twitch shooter where the quick fire triggers can make a difference when using the paddles for jumping...

on BF it is obviously a lot more open planned, of course on Endor when in close conbat it can help, but I did not notice a huge difference like I did with BO3, of course the paddles are still nice to use

heringer

It's not about unlocks or anything for me, it's about me being used to guns hitting and killing where I aim at instead of flinging weird moving non sensical slow lasers at people that end up barely doing damage or straight up missing no matter where I am while I die to one "thunk" every time.

To be fair, this is only a big issue with the starting rifles like the E-11. The lasers are pretty slow with a higher damage being the tradeoff. Stick with guns that have a higher rate of fire, which is what I do.

Wanted to try the game this morning but apparently no one plays "conquest"? The queue is almost dead monday mornings in the EU? What's up with that?

Impulsor

I do :)

I will be honest it does not change as much as say BO3 as that is a full on twitch shooter where the quick fire triggers can make a difference when using the paddles for jumping...

on BF it is obviously a lot more open planned, of course on Endor when in close conbat it can help, but I did not notice a huge difference like I did with BO3, of course the paddles are still nice to use

Cool, It does make sense. I'm mainly interested in mapping jumping and cooling to the paddles. Then the rb+lb combo to another paddle. Maybe Y to another one. so I can use the star card with out ever stop touching the sticks.

Can't remember what B does. Was it duck?

I bought BF4 at launch and decided I would never buy a DICE game at launch again.

Played it for about 30 or so hours on PS4, had only one disconnection and I only experienced lag in maybe 2 matches. Other than that it runs very smooth and of course it has the occasional nuisance "how did that guy kill me? I shot first?" or some bad spawns. I would say def. go for it, it's a lot of fun.

Yeah it's fine, just some glitchy trophies and invulnerability effects here and there :D

Not a broken game like BF4 was. I think even Hardline was allright at launch?

Bradach

Played it for about 30 or so hours on PS4, had only one disconnection and I only experienced lag in maybe 2 matches. Other than that it runs very smooth and of course it has the occasional nuisance "how did that guy kill me? I shot first?" or some bad spawns. I would say def. go for it, it's a lot of fun.

Yeah it's fine, just some glitchy trophies and invulnerability effects here and there :D

Not a broken game like BF4 was. I think even Hardline was allright at launch?

Thanks lads. Looking forward to it.

Squadron is where it's most even (even then, a-wings outclass everything else by a wide margin), in walker assault or supremacy they are obscene. The tuning is definitely a lot different in those modes.

They need a nerf/fix to their hitboxes for one.

The other thing that needs to happen is to drop the horrible boost on the ties, replace it with a temporary maneuverability boost button, because that's the only thing that will save a tie, a-wings are too strong right now.

Ah right, sorry I was talking about Squadron only. Despite being quite good at Squadron I don't tend to use the ships in those modes.

Kingsora

So did anyone already got the Master Survival Trophy without dying? It just seems impossible...

Speaking of impossible trophies... get 10 kills defending a single pod in Drop Zone? INSANITY. The enemy team isn't even 10 people, you'll need to get them to respawn and get there again, and then, you, and you alone would have to get 10 frags on a single drop pod before you capture it... never going to happen.

Klyka

Banned
25 melee kills for 2500xp. Lol.

capture 15 cargo for 2500xp. Lol.

pay 500 credits for a new challenge. really?

come ooooooon

Tak3n

Banned
Cool, It does make sense. I'm mainly interested in mapping jumping and cooling to the paddles. Then the rb+lb combo to another paddle. Maybe Y to another one. so I can use the star card with out ever stop touching the sticks.

Can't remember what B does. Was it duck?

I could not get on with 4 paddles, if this is your first time (like mine) with custom controllers I do recommend going with 2 paddles to start with to avoid frustration...

I dont think you can add 2 buttons to one paddle (I might be mistaken) but when you map it will either be rb or lb, I dont think it can do both

CrovaxPSO

Speaking of impossible trophies... get 10 kills defending a single pod in Drop Zone? INSANITY. The enemy team isn't even 10 people, you'll need to get them to respawn and get there again, and then, you, and you alone would have to get 10 frags on a single drop pod before you capture it... never going to happen.

It doesn't say "in a match" like the ones for Fighter Squadron and Droid Run so I think it's just 10 cumulative kills over any number of matches. Could be wrong but that's how I read it, don't have that one myself but I don't play much Drop Zone.

Kingsora

Ow really I thought it was a Trophy for defending all the pods during one game. Oh god, I wanted to Platinum this, but it's just going to be impossible.

And you also have the AT-ST Trophy where you have to step on 25 people. I haven't even stepped on one guy after 20 hours of playing >.<

Ow really I thought it was a Trophy for defending all the pods during one game. Oh god, I wanted to Platinum this, but it's just going to be impossible.

And you also have the AT-ST Trophy where you have to step on 25 people. I haven't even stepped on one guy after 20 hours of playing >.<

The MP trophies can be done. I have all of them except level 50, most kills in Blast (currently bugged), and 10 defends in Drop Zone. You just have to consciously go for them in most cases (like seeking out AT-STs for the stomp trophy). I'm more worried about Sullust Survival on Master tbh.

Kingsora

The MP trophies can be done. I have all of them except level 50, most kills in Blast (currently bugged), and 10 defends in Drop Zone. You just have to consciously go for them in most cases (like seeking out AT-STs for the stomp trophy). I'm more worried about Sullust Survival on Master tbh.

Really? Any tips for the AT-ST trophy and the Drop Zone trophy?

Really? Any tips for the AT-ST trophy and the Drop Zone trophy?

For the AT-ST trophy you'll want to camp the spawn for it, then charge into the enemy base once you have it. Don't forget you can sprint with it by holding down L3. Ideally you want to walk right into where they're spawning, which can lead to them actually spawning and immediately getting trampled.

I don't have the Drop Zone trophy, and it's going to be a bitch for sure. Grab a pod, then camp out near it and wait for an enemy to start deactivating it. It's pretty much just luck.

kriskrosbbk

Endor Walker Assault looks so good, It's amazing to see the AT AT through the trees , but confuses me so much.

I think I need to slow down and stop rushing on it and try to hang back and learn the map.

It is really hard for me to learn that one.Are there nay map pictures?

It doesn't say "in a match" like the ones for Fighter Squadron and Droid Run so I think it's just 10 cumulative kills over any number of matches. Could be wrong but that's how I read it, don't have that one myself but I don't play much Drop Zone.

No, description says: "Kill 10 enemies trying to claim your team's pod in Drop Zone" literally meaning a single pod in a single game.

Check the trophy percentage, it's like the rarest one out there :D

this is going to take forever too :D AT-ST is way too slow, even with the speed boosts to trample over fast infantry. Luck will play a big part in accumulating these.

Got the trophie yesterday. I can confirm its cumulative. You don't have to get the kills in one match.

I honestly can't put a pin in why exactly, but it's definitely boring for me already. I like the gameplay, even if it's a bit shallow. I like most of the modes that are here and the presentation is unbeatable. I can only play for an hour or so before my friends and I get bored and play other games. Maybe Fallout is distracting me and it's not Battlefront's fault. Dunno.

I'm only level 10, I think unlocking stuff is way too slow for a more casual player too. I just want the jump pack.

I honestly can't put a pin in why exactly, but it's definitely boring for me already. I like the gameplay, even if it's a bit shallow.

I'm only level 10, I think unlocking stuff is way too slow for a more casual player too. I just want the jump pack.

Can people please finally describe what they expect from the gameplay? Why is it shallow?

Im Lvl 35 on Xbone and still not bored.

moerser

Can people please finally describe what they expect from the gameplay? Why is it shallow?

this please. i think its the perfect game to jump in and just have some fun.
its not fallout or mgs or the witcher and im starting to believe people compare this game with the likes of fallout etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom