• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

Finally got to play the game, only tried Blast, Drop Zone and Supremacy.
The first two are nice but standard MP stuff, Supremacy though, felt 100% Star Wars.

Also, no matter how "casual" the game seems to be, i keep sucking very hard :/

I use mainly the EE-3, or when I find a round where I suck with it I switch to the E-11. I use the Scout trait, though I may switch to the Survivalist or Bounty Hunter one.

My main hand is the jump pack, personal shield, and thermal detonator.

My secondary hand is the jump pack, ion shot, and ion torpedo.

My first backup hand is the scout pistol, scan pulse, and impact grenade.

My second backup is the jump pack, explosive shot, and pulse cannon.

I refuse to use the homing shot and barrage launcher.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I use mainly the EE-3, or when I find a round where I suck with it I switch to the E-11. I use the Scout trait, though I may switch to the Survivalist or Bounty Hunter one.

My main hand is the jump pack, personal shield, and thermal detonator.

My secondary hand is the jump pack, ion shot, and ion torpedo.

My first backup hand is the scout pistol, scan pulse, and impact grenade.

My second backup is the jump pack, explosive shot, and pulse cannon.

I refuse to use the homing shot and barrage launcher.

Homing shot is the new 'n00b cannon' I gather?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
After getting killed by one swinging around a complete 180 after dodging it, I've sworn a blood pledge of vengeance against anyone using it.

Yeah, I read that post last night, and it made me laugh (now I know I would be pissed), but picturing it from a third person sounded comical.

I always swore off those types of weapons in every game. If I hated them used, I would refuse to never use it.

What do you press (PC version) to tie up the Walkers in that particular vehicle?

Also, I've blown these things out of the sky using my blaster with the ion power-up fairly easily (saving the game for our team) multiple times, it's quite a useful perk to keep in your load out for this reason.

When you have to straight up spoon feed your team to victory..
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/12882042#t=58

Also, seeing two almost full health AT-ATs at the end stage of Tatooine and seeing them both get towcabled and NOBODY defending them or shooting at the airspeeders. Urgh, I was standing there as Palpatine hitting them with the chain lightning in the hopes to throw them off, but damn.. people can be oblivious.

moai

Also, seeing two almost full health AT-ATs at the end stage of Tatooine and seeing them both get towcabled and NOBODY defending them or shooting at the airspeeders. Urgh, I was standing there as Palpatine hitting them with the chain lightning in the hopes to throw them off, but damn.. people can be oblivious.

This. At least i try to shoot them down when i can but people seem to forget you can do that.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Zarigueya/video/12810680

tanuki

I've been loving this game so much. I'm totally the target demographic for this: super casual, not that much time to game.

And this game! Beautiful graphics, easy to pick up and play. Love the fact that the wait times between rounds are so short. Drop zone and droid run are great, plus the squadron mode is ridiculously good fun. Supremacy is totally overwhelming, I haven't figured it out what the hell is going on. And honestly, I haven't even touched the other modes yet...

Hit 40 hours. O_O

Put some feedback on SW reddit, will post it here too.

Each map needs to be two rounds, both attacking and defending before it moves on to the next map.

After the rounds are finished the next map should introduce auto balancing in regards skill and players.

Auto balancing needs to be introduced in all game modes.

Give the player a few choices in regards to spawing, either on a partner or pre selected spots on the map.

Air vehicles in WA need a 30-60 second cooldown, before the powerup comes back. At the moment far too easy, especially for the rebel side, to spam air vehicles.

Jundland Wastes has two speeders in the final section, whilst the Imperials get nothing. This needs to be fixed.

The homing shot (I have abused this so many times) should need to be kept locked on the enemy till they are killed.

A way to discard a powerup you do not want without having to use it.
Players should be limited to one grenade card per hand.

Endor needs either a slower com refill, or the walker needs more health, not both.

Turrets on Sullust come back slightly too early, should be slightly longer than the current respawn, maybe 30 seconds more.

The party in the lobby should automatically go into the game with the host, in its current state it's easy to miss an invite, and is a quite bizzare system at the moment.

The game should actively try to find you a partner automatically when joining a game, or when your partner leaves for whatever reason.

Fighter Squadron should be first to 500. The Hero units need to be toned down on health, maybe half of what they have now. The imperial ships need to better tuned to handle the A Wings.

Cargo should be first to 3, not best out of 10.

Better spawning in Drop Zone, in regards to how close to the objective.

Droid Run needs to be based on a cumulative time from the droids in possession, or (as it is now) holding all 3 for a certain amount of time will win the game. The current setup seems very unsatisfactory, where you can hold two till the last few seconds of the game and thus lose.

Heroes and Villains, maybe get rid of power up in this mode? They seem to be fairly annoying and detract from a very 'pure' mode.

Hero Hunt, either based on damage dealt, or if possible, the games chooses 1 hero or 1 villain for the duration of that game, and takes it in turns to see who lasts the longest/kills the most, not sure, but the current system isn't great at all.

Personal wishes

Should be a party of 4 instead of two.

When the oppposing team or your own team picks up a hero pickup, the hero pickup for the other side should be highlighted on the mini map unless there is none due to a hero already existing or it's on a cool down.

AT ST needs a slight buff, or maybe something that can stop the lock on for a small period of time.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Drop Zone and Droid Run are the best modes and they also have the best maps in their rotation as far as I am concerned.
I think I have about 20 games of Droid run in.. and yeah... Droid Run is WAY better for teamwork than either of the 20v20. Out of those 20 there were probably less than 5 which my team was "team deathmatch". Most were 2-3 guys going to claim a droid, with the other 3-4 hanging back at the captured droids to defend. You can tell teamwork is hitting when balance shifts back and forth constantly.. it's frustrating (more losing than winning, but still) when control is largely one-sided..

so far the most frustrating part of Droid Run is teammates fucking dropping the less "big kill" power ups right before they run over another one.. Dude is coming up on a power up, so he drops the heavy cannon, proximity bomb, R5-D4, etc right before to pick it up... nowhere near anywhere useful.. it's like "dude... go fucking drop it somewhere USEFUL, then come back for it.. the maps aren't that fucking big...."

Got the trophie yesterday. I can confirm its cumulative. You don't have to get the kills in one match.

Ok, got the trophy in two games. Didn't realize that you really had to get the kills while they were defusing my team's Pod capture. Just a Defense-kill isn't enough :D

Find a corner/tree/rock you can crouch next to with the shotgun and wait for people to start defusing -> profit.

Honestly 80% of my complaints about teamwork, objectives and general gameplay design (like spawning locations) go away when I stop playing supremacy / walker assault.

Drop Zone and Droid Run are the best modes and they also have the best maps in their rotation as far as I am concerned.
I don't think I've given Droid Run enough of a fair shake, but I didn't like what I played of it.

I really like Drop Zone except for Rebel Depot and Ice Caves. Who thought it would be a good idea to have enclosed maps for that mode?

While Dune Sea Exchange is my favorite small map.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Hit 40 hours. O_O
The homing shot (I have abused this so many times) should need to be kept locked on the enemy till they are killed.

Already 40 hours... How is that possible. I just hit 20 hours and I am playing a lot..

And the homing shot needs be kept locked on? If that happens then suddenly it totally loses it use. It's a little bit OP now, I agree, but it's fun to use and really easy to avoid. The times I get killed with it, I would have also been killed with a normal weapon.

But if you need to keep it locked on all the time, then you wil always get killed while you are locking on.

MiguelItUp

Just went 49 and 10 in Hero Hunt. Won the game in a canter. That game mode is sado masochism lol

I really wish they'd give people credit for the amount of damage they've done to the heroes. I mean they do at the end of the match, but it'd be cool if whoever dealt the most damage played as them. The games I played I did the most damage, but the final shot was done by someone else so I never got to play as them. :(

Damn you random nades or rocket splash damage!

Machina

Banned
Two weapons need a nerf big time: DL-44 (pay 2 win basically. Fuck EA) and the Impact Grenade. You shouldn't be able to kill someone instantly with a single wave of your arm. Leave that to the heroes.

Machina

Banned
I really wish they'd give people credit for the amount of damage they've done to the heroes. I mean they do at the end of the match, but it'd be cool if whoever dealt the most damage played as them. The games I played I did the most damage, but the final shot was done by someone else so I never got to play as them. :(

Yeah exactly, that mode is mostly the player doing most of the work, getting killed when the hero is almost dead then they miss out. Also don't kill the hero then die yourself, because you won't get hero when you respawn. It's kind of BS.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional

That also wouldn't work like I already said earlier. First of all if you spawn closer to the Hero then you're lucky to get the opportunity to do more damage. And second of all why would people risk dying after he already lost half his health bar and you didn't do too much damage that round.

While I agree it could be better, but letting the player who did the most damage to the Hero become the next Hero, just wouldn't be fun. And above that, in that case the best players will always be the Hero and average players never get the chance.

I'm surprised how fun standard team deathmatch (blast) is in this game. The maps are pretty damn great and have variety. Vehicles may not be included, but there are a shitload of pickups all over the place to keep it interesting. 10 vs 10 can still get pretty hectic, too.

Two weapons need a nerf big time: DL-44 (pay 2 win basically. Fuck EA) and the Impact Grenade. You shouldn't be able to kill someone instantly with a single wave of your arm. Leave that to the heroes.

What's even the point of the standard thermal grenade when you have an impact grenade? You can't even cook thermals so they're way easier to avoid. I guess they're decent for wall bouncing.

What are some of the lower level (under level 20 maybe) weapons in this game? I haven't really had a chance to experiment.

deoee

How do you like the randomized pick ups?

Sometimes I think it's great that you do not know what you get but when I get a blaster turret for the third time on a map I can't really place it properly I wish some pick ups were not random

Machina

Banned
What's even the point of the standard thermal grenade when you have an impact grenade? You can't even cook thermals so they're way easier to avoid. I guess they're decent for wall bouncing.

What are some of the lower level (under level 20 maybe) weapons in this game? I haven't really had a chance to experiment.

Allowing players to cook the Thermals would be better than it is currently. Right now I mostly use my Thermals for jetpack bombing runs.

deoee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MBHUENFMtU

WOW I've got goosebumps right now seeing this
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

MDave

That is a hilarious thing to imagine hahah, Palpatine striking lightning at 2 airspeeders, almost like old man shouts at cloud.

b0bbyJ03

Quick tip for all the players that like to switch views from 1st to 3rd and back again all the time (as I do): use the button reassignment feature on the PS4. Pressing down on the D pad is a pain in the ass so I swapped it into R3 and now I can switch on the fly without having to take my thumb off the sticks. Much much better.

That is a hilarious thing to imagine hahah, Palpatine striking lightning at 2 airspeeders, almost like old man shouts at cloud.

It looked funny as all hell, but so very futile at the same time. I did manage to hit one, hoping it would one shot like Vader's saber but it only earned me +20.

Palpatine is still hilarious though. Seeing Rebels run from force lightning never gets old. I also love DICE for using that ghastly howl from Episode 3 on his dash, it's frightening.

But eh, male grunts on female ai in missions? That a bug going on solely on my end?

I just realized why I started to dislike some maps in Fighter Squadron. I absolutely love Sullust because there are actual obstacles on the ground you can weave in and out of to challenge the enemy chasing you and have missiles hit those objects. The rest of them don't have any of that and are extremely flat. You are just a sitting duck once anyone competent comes your way. I hope that whatever maps they add to this mode they add more obstacles and structures on the ground that one could use to try to evade.

I think ti would be cool as shit if there was another snow map with some caves underneath that you could dive into with your fighter and the enemy would have to follow you if they want the kill. Don't make the mistake of just having the cave go from point A to point B but have a rotunda in the center with 3-4 exits.

5taquitos

The attention to detail in the game is absolutely amazing. There are so many things that occur in the background that you don't notice during game time. I flipped out at the taun-tauns and wampa in the distance on Hoth. So awesome.

Wow, I haven't seen that yet. I had a nerdgasm when the transport took off on the Dune Sea Exchange Blast map.

vixlar

I'm surprised how fun standard team deathmatch (blast) is in this game. The maps are pretty damn great and have variety. Vehicles may not be included, but there are a shitload of pickups all over the place to keep it interesting. 10 vs 10 can still get pretty hectic, too.

The range with thermal is good. They try to run, they can't scape. (Actually, I try to run, I can't scape) Remember that those grenades are for making people leave their cover.

I just realized why I started to dislike some maps in Fighter Squadron. I absolutely love Sullust because there are actual obstacles on the ground you can weave in and out of to challenge the enemy chasing you and have missiles hit those objects. The rest of them don't have any of that and are extremely flat. You are just a sitting duck once anyone competent comes your way. I hope that whatever maps they add to this mode they add more obstacles and structures on the ground that one could use to try to evade.

I think ti would be cool as shit if there was another snow map with some caves underneath that you could dive into with your fighter and the enemy would have to follow you if they want the kill. Don't make the mistake of just having the cave go from point A to point B but have a rotunda in the center with 3-4 exits.

I agree, I love to lure people into the canyons. Sadly, the Hoth map doesn't really have that.

I would love for a dynamic asteroid field map, dodge asteroids or try and boost through openings within or between asteroids. That and a Deathstar trench map of course.

I am actually considering my second (witcher took my season pass virginity this gen) season pass purchase. It's a hell of a lot of fun and if the expansion maps have as much quality as these, then I am definitely in. And I am real curious if they are to delve into new trilogy stuff..

While lack of a sp campaign is a pity, I really enjoy the missions, although the tutorial missions seem more interactive. Would like to see more of those definitely!

Woorloog

Banned
Good, good, i don't have to waste Blaster Cannons anymore by setting them on strange places. (The Cannon's good but it is rarely useful in my experience, and it is too vulnerable often.)

No more having to spam a nade to get rid of Card Refresh! :p

Card Refresh with a Jetpack is pretty good, allows for double jumps. But overall it doesn't feel very useful.

Hikami

I'm already seeing a bunch of shadow troopers.. how are people 50 already? Non-stop playing or am I missing some mode that gives a ton of exp?

Finally managed a win in Hero Hunt.
Potentially a great mode, but as it is now, really frustrating.
Unless you get lucky and be the hero twice and rank up 44 kills, like I just did :)

Beaulieu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFjULZYrD8

did just that a few days ago....
felt a little ridiculous !

5taquitos

Good, good, i don't have to waste Blaster Cannons anymore by setting them on strange places. (The Cannon's good but it is rarely useful in my experience, and it is too vulnerable often.)

Card Refresh with a Jetpack is pretty good, allows for double jumps. But overall it doesn't feel very useful.

The Cannon can be so good in Cargo, especially on the hallway maps. But yeah, it has limited uses.

For some reason I've never thought to use Refresh with the Jetpack, but that sounds amazing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The Cannon can be so good in Cargo, especially on the hallway maps. But yeah, it has limited uses.

For some reason I've never thought to use Refresh with the Jetpack, but that sounds amazing.
Yeah, Refresh is fantastic if you use the Jump Pack. Blaster Cannon is mostly worthless.

Crosseyes

Banned
The worst feeling is when you're on about a 10 kill streak in Supremacy and turn the corner to see a hero five feet in front of you.
Those can also make for some awesome moments too though. I was doing well defending an uplink then i move to another hallway and theres Palpatine slowly creeping right at me. Had time to shout an 'oh fuck!' on my couch before getting zapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom