• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Those can also make for some awesome moments too though. I was doing well defending an uplink then i move to another hallway and theres Palpatine slowly creeping right at me. Had time to shout an 'oh fuck!' on my couch before getting zapped.

Happened to me and a friend defending a point on endor, where we were just holding the inside of a base, and we filled the corridor with blaster shots and grenades each getting about 4 kills and then as the smoke was clearing a red lightsaber just flies out of the smoke cloud killing my friend and then I get force choked and live just long enough to see vader strolling right towards me with his posse.

Felt like a real movie moment.

Happened to me and a friend defending a point on endor, where we were just holding the inside of a base, and we filled the corridor with blaster shots and grenades each getting about 4 kills and then as the smoke was clearing a red lightsaber just flies out of the smoke cloud killing my friend and then I get force choked and live just long enough to see vader strolling right towards me with his posse.

Felt like a real movie moment.

This is why I love this game. Just badass.

Hit 40 hours. O_O

Put some feedback on SW reddit, will post it here too.

After the rounds are finished the next map should introduce auto balancing in regards skill and players.

Auto balancing needs to be introduced in all game modes.

Jundland Wastes has two speeders in the final section, whilst the Imperials get nothing. This needs to be fixed.

The homing shot (I have abused this so many times) should need to be kept locked on the enemy till they are killed.

Players should be limited to one grenade card per hand.

Endor needs either a slower com refill, or the walker needs more health, not both.

The game should actively try to find you a partner automatically when joining a game, or when your partner leaves for whatever reason.

Cargo should be first to 3, not best out of 10.

Better spawning in Drop Zone, in regards to how close to the objective.

Droid Run needs to be based on a cumulative time from the droids in possession, or (as it is now) holding all 3 for a certain amount of time will win the game. The current setup seems very unsatisfactory, where you can hold two till the last few seconds of the game and thus lose.

Personal wishes

AT ST needs a slight buff, or maybe something that can stop the lock on for a small period of time.

That's a lot of solid feedback and the lines I left above are the ones I agree with and consider important.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm very pleased that now that the Star Wars novelty has mostly worn off, I'm still having such a great time with this game. I really apprecoate that the gunplay rewards accuracy instead of pure reaction time. As long as I stay calm and line up headshots, I do way better here than most games.

I also love just how focused the big modes are on specific objectives. Even in 64 player Conquest in BF4, everyone was always so spread out it didn't always feel big. Here you can get most players onscreen at once with blaster fire filling the air making for a spectacular backdrop.

B-Dex

I'm really not getting the homing shot hate. It is so easy to avoid. It has an on screen warning and annoying noise to notify you.

If anything nerf infantry turrets and droids. Instant lock on and almost 1 shot kills.

I'm very pleased that now that the Star Wars novelty has mostly worn off, I'm still having such a great time with this game. I really apprecoate that the gunplay rewards accuracy instead of pure reaction time. As long as I stay calm and line up headshots, I do way better here than most games.

I also love just how focused the big modes are on specific objectives. Even in 64 player Conquest in BF4, everyone was always so spread out it didn't always feel big. Here you can get most players onscreen at once with blaster fire filling the air making for a spectacular backdrop.

Yeah, there has to be something there in the gunplay to allow an element of skill.

I've seen people freak out and miss me close up, whilst I've kept my composure and managed to kill them even after they shot first.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MBHUENFMtU

WOW I've got goosebumps right now seeing this
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

Whoah, I can't not wait to witness this. There is so much love poured into this. So many little things. From seeing Bantha herds and the Sandcrawler on Tattooine, Corellian Cruisers shot down, to this! Fanboys nergasm indeed!

I saw that happen over the weekend. Heard a noise and looked over and watched it. Then some asshole rebel killed me as I was enjoying it.

Rebel scum!

And that is why this game succeeds so damn well.

Its chock filled with these moments and doesn't let up, whether you're winning or losing.

And you're there in the thick of it.

This.

Yeah, there has to be something there in the gunplay to allow an element of skill.

I've seen people freak out and miss me close up, whilst I've kept my composure and managed to kill them even after they shot first.

I see what you did there.

In all seriousness, I completely agree with the both of you.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
When was Jakku supposed to launch? Dec 1?

And will it come with some new stuff or "just" new maps?

Yes Dec 1 and completely unknow. But I suppose they bring some new information or a trailer this week

MADGAME

I just realized why I started to dislike some maps in Fighter Squadron. I absolutely love Sullust because there are actual obstacles on the ground you can weave in and out of to challenge the enemy chasing you and have missiles hit those objects. The rest of them don't have any of that and are extremely flat. You are just a sitting duck once anyone competent comes your way. I hope that whatever maps they add to this mode they add more obstacles and structures on the ground that one could use to try to evade.

I think ti would be cool as shit if there was another snow map with some caves underneath that you could dive into with your fighter and the enemy would have to follow you if they want the kill. Don't make the mistake of just having the cave go from point A to point B but have a rotunda in the center with 3-4 exits.

A loosley-dense asteroid or debris field (Star Destroyer/Capital Ship remains, Death Star Rubble, the remains of Alderaan, etc.) would be very cool. Space battles, I know.

antitrop

I've tried really hard to find something in this game that I couldn't just get from rewatching the original trilogy for the 20th time, but it's not there.

Easily one of the most disappointing games of the year, right up there with The Order: 1886.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If you ask me the maps that this game is really missing are things like cloud city, and a ship boarding party map for supremacy. Just imagine you're part of a Tantive IV / star destroyer / deathstar boarding party and you have to try and reach the core or shield generator or the bridge and either take control or drive the enemy forces off.

Yeah, this not being a twitch shooter is throwing a lot of people off. Sometimes I die because I forget it's not. It's also the same people who say the gunplay sucks who can't get used to gunplay that actually requires aiming.

Beaulieu

I input my Jakku code in the PSN store "redeem code" section.
Told me it was for battle of Jakku, I selected "yes"

then nothing happened.
Is this normal ?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If you ask me the maps that this game is really missing are things like cloud city, and a ship boarding party map for supremacy. Just imagine you're part of a Tantive IV / star destroyer / deathstar boarding party and you have to try and reach the core or shield generator or the bridge and either take control or drive the enemy forces off.

Yep, this game is screaming for some kind of contextual mission ala Killzone 3s Operations mode.

The Imperial boarding party attacking the Corvette at the beginning of episode 4 instantly comes to mind.

I would LOVE a Cloud City or Death Star map, but I don't know how they could work with Walker Assault. Maybe I'm just not creative enough, I don't know.

I'm curious as to ask why? I'm not a massive fan of the game or anything, I've only played under 2 hours of it with EA Access, and I can't decide if I want to pay full price for it, or just play Battlefront 2 on Steam instead..

MiguelItUp

Whoah, I can't not wait to witness this. There is so much love poured into this. So many little things. From seeing Bantha herds and the Sandcrawler on Tattooine, Corellian Cruisers shot down, to this! Fanboys nergasm indeed!
Bantha herds?! I haven't even see that! Time to look it up! Yeah, the fan service is absurd!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Bantha herds?! I haven't even see that! Time to look it up! Yeah, the fan service is absurd!

Yeah, I did not see the Wampa or Tauntaun till the video you just shared.

I saw the Bantha herds and Sandcrawler on the map with the Skiff and Shuttle that has the Sarlacc. Bantha in the background on opposite side of Sarlacc, and Sandcrawler slowly moving across the landscape behind the Skiff.

I've tried really hard to find something in this game that I couldn't just get from rewatching the original trilogy for the 20th time, but it's not there.

Easily one of the most disappointing games of the year, right up there with The Order: 1886.
That sucks for you. But most people in this thread are having a lot of fun with it, me included. The most fun I've had in years.

I like the little critters in this game. Like the weird flies on Tatooine and the little creatures that try to chomp at you from plants on Endor.

I saw this thing try to bite a teammate then disappear into a tree, was like WTF.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Family life is preventing me from unlocking cards and guns. As it stands I feel I'm no match against all these higher ranked players (currently at level 9 after 4 days. Fuck being an adult, I want to be young again! ;-)

LoveCake

I have noticed people quitting now when playing as The Empire as the balance seems to have shifted on Walker Assault mode.

It seems to me from what i have played the easiest win for the Rebels is Endor, followed by Hoth which is now about Empire 45% - 65% Rebels, then Jundland Wastes where it seems to be Empire 75% - 25% Rebels the only location i have never won playing as a Rebel is Sorosuub Centroplex which seems to be 100% Empire win.

Loving this so far, i just need to learn to be able to fly the ships better.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Where can i search for communities? i can only see "trending" and "friend communities" can someone invite me? Same nick as here.

I have wondered this as well. Why is there no search function or game type group listings for this? Maybe they wanted the rough outline, but hopefully those options come.

Do you need to search on the webpage?

You can find it by search for my PSN (same as GAF) and looking under my communities.

Ohhh, nice workaround!

Had a game on Walker Assault with a guy on the Alliance side having a score of 62-0.

He was atop a mountain, on a part that was in between no go areas. He had some sort of sniper rifle in the beginning, then became Boba Fett and was impossible to get near.

His side lost, so I messaged him saying "Nice camping, shame about the objective". He replied "Jealous" :|

LoveCake

Third, my highest place so far.

HRb7N4V.jpg

I love the Walker Assault Mode, does anyone know or has seen stats to see what modes people are playing?

5taquitos

I would LOVE a Cloud City or Death Star map, but I don't know how they could work with Walker Assault. Maybe I'm just not creative enough, I don't know.

It would be kind of cool if they included other platforms on Bespin. For example, the Walker Assault could be on a huge mining platform inspired by the Cloud City style, while the smaller maps could take place in actual Cloud City locations.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
bfront.jpg

When you just can't carry the whole team! :E

What mode?

Had a game on Walker Assault with a guy on the Alliance side having a score of 62-0.

He was atop a mountain, on a part that was in between no go areas. He had some sort of sniper rifle in the beginning, then became Boba Fett and was impossible to get near.

His side lost, so I messaged him saying "Nice camping, shame about the objective". He replied "Jealous" :|

Selfish self worth padding. Society man, I tell ya.

o_O

How did a Rebel become Boba Fett?

wilsonda

Boarding parry sounds so good... let's get on this dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom