• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them trees.
22867546577_9e267a5cce_o.png

22633243754_3de03588b2_o.png

22633245694_ebeefe66b7_o.png

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I really like Rogue Squadron, but it always is only a couple of minutes long???? What were they thinking.... It would be so much more fun if it was at least twice as long

Not sure how they'd fit Star Wars when nothing like that happens in the films.
And it isn't like there are any opportunities for them on the maps either... And i have hard time thinking any possibilities.

Beyond that crashing Star Destroyer but... eh. Can't repeat the same trick everywhere.

Dynamic weather or such would be interesting though.
Oh? Name me one time Luke kills a stormtrooper.
Indirectly killing a bunch of Stormtroopers via the Death Star explosion doesn't count.

I wish they add more heroes ships. Vader's tie or luke's xwing.

Problem would be differentiating them from the normal ships given their size. They'd have to give them a glow or special contrail or an icon or something, and even then they'd be harder to hit than the two current heroes. But then the whole hero starship thing needs a bit of a rework, so why not add those.

oh god. i think we have a new tree champion. dethroning that uncharted tree

Yes but considering how good the UC tree is running on a PS3, I am still mind blown how good ND are. UC 4 will be the next king.

Loving this game so far. I hope they have lots of new content for it and can't wait for SW SP game with this engine.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just bought this. So what's like the main mode? If I just had time to play one match what should it be?

I just bought this. So what's like the main mode? If I just had time to play one match what should it be?

Walker Assault is considered the primary mode. Supremacy is up there right behind it I think.

My other two favorite modes are Hero Hunt and Fighter Squadron.

Supremacy is the better mode, but Walker Assault really should be played if it's going to be your only match. Especially your first match. It's going to really give you that "This is Star Wars" feeling.

Problem would be differentiating them from the normal ships given their size. They'd have to give them a glow or special contrail or an icon or something, and even then they'd be harder to hit than the two current heroes. But then the whole hero starship thing needs a bit of a rework, so why not add those.
Vader's Tie would be extreme damage but like half the health of the Slave 1 or something like that.

I want flyable Y-wings & B-Wings.

DavidDesu

So I managed to get this finally today. £20 tip in work helped. My god I actually shouted out for joy about 10 seconds into the speeder chase training mission. Holy god it is perfect. Amazing how well the controls for the speeders work in that level. Feels like I'm in the fucking movie (when you switch off the UI). Just amazing. Worth the £43 I spent right there!

I can understand people being miffed by a lack of content but my god the game is just bombastically fun at times.

Ramirez

How is it unbalanced?

Endor is pretty self explanatory. Tat lets Rebels have 3 speeders on the final leg and Imperials get no ships? They gave in to the whiners of the beta and nerfed the shit out of everything on the Imperial side.

The game in general is pretty poorly balanced, but WA is really poor compared to Supremacy.

Endor is pretty self explanatory. Tat lets Rebels have 3 speeders on the final leg and Imperials get no ships? They gave in to the whiners of the beta and nerfed the shit out of everything on the Imperial side.

The game in general is pretty poorly balanced, but WA is really poor compared to Supremacy.

Yeah I noticed that when I had a Speeder and I wasn't easily being wiped out by the interceptors.

They should put a defense fighter in there along with two speeders and then two ties and an interceptor. That should balance it out a bit.

I was just curious as to what the new qualms were with balance... as I like asymmetrical balance in certain games... such as Star Wars... It should be hard to the rebels to win Hoth... It should be hard for the Empire to win Endor.

Bastables

Imperials just need to remember the the AT-ST has homing missiles as does anyone that takes Ion torpedoes.

JTripper

I love playing this game for fun but looking closely, it's a fucking mess if you aim to play it any other way than just casually killing stuff.

Walker Assault is the worst, by far. The rebel advantage is one thing, but now people are just crashing A-Wings (which are IMPOSSIBLE to fucking kill for some reason that probably doesn't make any sense) into my ships on purpose, killing them in one hit while they lose no health. Also, wtf happened to the AT-ST? In the beta, it was really fun to use and not as easy to kill. Now it's basically just shoot any heavy weapon at it for 20 seconds and you destroy it. It's also inaccurate as hell.

In my mind, the "lack of content" isn't even the issue with this game as reviewers say. I get a rotation of the same 4 maps in Halo 5 yet I still enjoy it. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but considering that for different modes you get different variations of maps based on the planet, I think it's fine. There's actually a fitting amount of content for a casual Star Wars multiplayer game here for me. The real problem is the horrendous balancing issues and design oversights. "How do we choose who becomes hero in Hero Hunt?" "The last person who shoots the current hero!" And don't even get me started on trying to complete the battle/survival missions on Master difficulty.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I've seen Slave 1 instantly destroyed in three games in a row now because of the Millennium Falcon ramming into it, not even with the shield on, one time was because I flew straight into it myself and barely lost any damage but took it out with most of its health.

I love the game, and theres so much potential, but the balance is just shit.

JTripper

Well it's not useful at all for larger distance, I don't think they will nerf much.

Maybe it's just me, but I've had no luck at all shooting ANY blaster at long range if it's not a pulse cannon or homing shot. I'll just stick with my short-medium range tactics for now in prep for when I finally unlock the DL-44.

Maybe it's just me, but I've had no luck at all shooting ANY blaster at long range if it's not a pulse cannon or homing shot. I'll just stick with my short-medium range tactics for now in prep for when I finally unlock the DL-44.

The EE-3 is a good long range weapon, and it's still competitive at short range. That's why I stick to it most of the time, except when I'm playing some of the very small maps in the game.

Boke1879

Been spending most of my time playing WA, Supremacy and HvV. Just tried Fighter squadron for the first time and I really like. Got a handle on the flying and it's good fun.

Again yall if you're on PS4 feel free to add me. Boke18

Liberty4all

Banned
Just want to put in another plug regarding smoke grenades. On Hoth and Tatooine smoke grenades can mean the difference between stalemates at choke points in the wide open versus your team pushing through to a capture point.

Padinn

So in survival mode none of the voice narration plays for me...I have subtitles on which is how I discovered this. Any ideas?

meanspartan

Squadron is so good that I really hope they flesh it out more. Tons of fun with it, but getting bored because of how shallow it is. Needs more ships and more differences between those ships. Also, why do 10 v 10 with AI, just do 20 v 20 no AI

Boke1879

Squadron is so good that I really hope they flesh it out more. Tons of fun with it, but getting bored because of how shallow it is. Needs more ships and more differences between those ships. Also, why do 10 v 10 with AI, just do 20 v 20 no AI

Yea just played a few games of it for the first time. It's fun but I would hope they could add more ships. If anything it's just a mode I'll play to fly around and shoot shit lol

arimanius

Okay, I give up.

What's the secret to winning Hero Hunt?

Becoming the hero multiple times. I did this by hanging back a little and trying to get the killing shot on the hero. Let the other people become fodder. When I was the hero I found an area on the map that I could cover more easily and just camped out. It was by far the hardest mode for me to win on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom