• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkoop

Banned
Best round so far, Walker Assault
CUR3_xvXIAAP5mc.png:large

I go into the collection screen and have both Default and Second hand. The hand I made when I first started playing is saved just fine. When I join a game and look at my hand, my default is there but the second one is empty. I have tried equipping both Hand 2/2 on Default as well as 1/2 and 2/2 on Second. No matter what I do, second hand is always empty as soon as I join a game.

Weird. Maybe try making some additional presets perhaps one of them is bugged?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I go into the collection screen and have both Default and Second hand. The hand I made when I first started playing is saved just fine. When I join a game and look at my hand, my default is there but the second one is empty. I have tried equipping both Hand 2/2 on Default as well as 1/2 and 2/2 on Second. No matter what I do, second hand is always empty as soon as I join a game.
Same here. Sometimes the second hand overwrites the first as well. Very annoying.

Supremacy doesn't work when you are the only one on your team paying attention to the objectives. How frustrating, we got trounced in about 3 minutes.... People would spawn in and just completely Ignore the fact that our last point was contested. Rage inducing.

RedAssedApe

Banned
the grind in this game is real. its probably because the games are usually at least 3 times as long as i'm used to for a shooter. oh and i probably need to get better too :p

I dunno, isn't BF1 drawing only from the OT? I think we'll see Dengar and IG-88 along with Chewie and Lando.

Chewie seems like a given, but I don't know about Dengar or IG-88. Maybe IG-88--he's a little more well-known than Dengar--but both are stretches IMO. Then again, the problem with the OT is that there are basically two villains.

Guess we'll find out which direction they're taking it next week when Jakku is shown off.

heringer

Was super excited to get EE-3 and... it kinda sucks? Damage seems pretty low.

Still haven't liked any weapon for long range. Maybe the T-21b will be it. We'll see.

Woorloog

Banned
Was super excited to get EE-3 and... it kinda sucks? Damage seems pretty low.

Still haven't liked any weapon for long range. Maybe the T-21b will be it. We'll see.

T21b is such a nice long range weapon. A bit tricky but once you figure it out, it is so nice.

Gleethor

If you circle around the enemy fighter spawn points picking off helpless pilots locked into the spawning animation in walker assault/supremacy, fuck you.

Woorloog

Banned
I had a nice streak with T21b on Tatooine WA.
The best part was that i didn't move. I sat in one place, and shot rebels as i saw them. They somehow didn't figure out where i was, and when they did, they couldn't do anything really. I saw them faster and put three bolts through them.

Heat? No worries, Scout Trait Level 3 is crazy, it resets heat on kill, meaning high-heat weapons like T21b benefit from it immensely.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Chewie seems like a given, but I don't know about Dengar or IG-88. Maybe IG-88--he's a little more well-known than Dengar--but both are stretches IMO. Then again, the problem with the OT is that there are basically two villains.

Guess we'll find out which direction they're taking it next week when Jakku is shown off.
Wasn't Jakku shown with Boba originally?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, but there's an EA event on the 30th that some Youtubers will be streaming. I assume we'll get details on what's included with it at that time.
Oh cool, good to know.

I wonder when we'll get an outline of the Season Pass stuff. I love the game but I'm not buying the pass until I'm more clear on what's in it. I know there's that vague count list but I'm curious about locations, weapons, heroes, etc.

Woorloog

Banned
So the guys over at symthic are saying the RT-97C is the best gun hands down. The "meta" as they call it. Based on tech specs taken from the game files.

I see a lot of people using it, so there may be some truth to it.

It has too much recoil for me, can't hit a barn door with it. Hipfire at close range? Sure, but i can do that with other weapons that work better for me at long range so absolutely no point to it.

Besides, i'd imagine it will be nerfed a bit at some point, so i don't see point in learning to use it until after its post-nerf state.

God I hope that star destroyer crashes into the playable map hnnnnng

Doubt it :-\ Will likely be a background event. That would be insanely epic if it crashed and you got to fight through it (the area that the Falcon flies through in TFA trailers).

East Fighter Squadron map idea right there :)

SRTtoZ

Game is still fun as fuck. I'm about 20 hours in and my friend and I put in a good 3-4 hours today after Destiny and just had a blast. Its not perfect, but its good ol arcadey fun with amazing sound design.

Woorloog

Banned
They fixed most/all of that. Would have been a great fit for this game if they'd made them.

Not sure how they'd fit Star Wars when nothing like that happens in the films.
And it isn't like there are any opportunities for them on the maps either... And i have hard time thinking any possibilities.

Beyond that crashing Star Destroyer but... eh. Can't repeat the same trick everywhere.

Dynamic weather or such would be interesting though.

It's insane how unbalanced Fighter Squadron mode is. Once someone gets the Falcon or Slave they just annihilate. I've seen regular matches of those going 20-20-0 or similar nearly every match. It's a fun mode but that's ridiculous.

arimanius

I know it's been said to death but man do the spawns suck on any map and mode. Got done playing a game of cargo and kept spawning right in front of guys. Having said that cargo is great for recharging your star card.

def sim

I noticed more and more people are using special cards liberally. I saw more than a couple of smoke grenades, too. Very cool!

It's insane how unbalanced Fighter Squadron mode is. Once someone gets the Falcon or Slave they just annihilate. I've seen regular matches of those going 20-20-0 or similar nearly every match. It's a fun mode but that's ridiculous.

All ships pretty much need a rehaul and the A wing needs a serious nerf.

I think it's crazy how slow ships are allowed to go.

Also hero coins shouldn't drop untill both transports are gone. And the score limit should be raised to 300.

I wouldn't mind seeing the hero timer coming back just for that mode.

WillyFive

Saw the cool Force Awakens toys in stores; I wish this game had tied in better with the movie. The new ships and designs would have been great.

Jobbs

Banned
Imperials don't seem to even really try to win on walker assault endor. They already know winning is impossible and just fuck around until it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom