• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
When can we expect news about the season pass? I'm probably gonna skip it unless I know for sure there's gonna be some Clone Wars content included.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can dirty UKers play today too, or do we have to wait until the 15th? I have the game preordered on PS4 but why not abuse the 10 hour EA access thing for shits and giggles?

PSYGN

Can anyone tell me how the maps are in Drop Zone? I really liked the Sullust map because it was smaller and felt like there was more rivalry between teams than Walker Assault. Do the other maps in Drop Zone omit vehicles and heroes? If so, then I might have to get this game. I just want gun-on-gun action as much as possible.

JonCha

The 40-player (is that the number?) mode sounds like great fun; everything thrown into one huge sandbox by the sounds of it.

Keby

Haven't checked rest of the thread yet, but I see there is will be a PS4 community thread, anything for PC yet? none of my friends are getting this game and it makes me sad :(

Xater

Supremacy, Walker Assault, Fighter Squadron, Cargo - 4 maps
Drop Zone, Droid Run - 6 maps
Blast, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs. Villains - 9 maps

I expect to play Supremacy and Drop Zone the most, so that does seem a little thin. God damn it.

Bsigg12

Is this right. Are we still getting absolutely nothing for any single player content. No unlocks, no exp, just nothing.

Honestly they are almost amusingly bad.

Yes and it's kinda shit that you don't get any points towards your level or buying unlocks. I did 2 of them and didn't see anything.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
When can we expect news about the season pass? I'm probably gonna skip it unless I know for sure there's gonna be some Clone Wars content included.

Probably the day of, or after the movie launches. It probably contains content that will spoil parts of the movie.

Yoday

I finally got to put in some time, and holy hell is this game just nothing but fun. I played the Alpha and Beta, but having more maps really makes things a lot more fun. I have played a handful of the smaller maps so far and I honestly think the Beta maps are so far the least impressive maps visually. The ice caves of Both are absolutely gorgeous, and the map beneath the sandcrawler is amazing with the wind kicking up sand and blowing around tarps. I don't give a shit what resolution this game is running at on XBO, it is still the most impressive thing out there. Equally impressive is the unfaltering framerate so far. After about four matches of Blast I haven't noticed a single framerate dip.

adj_noun

How does Fighter Squadron works? Can you select what ship you want?

I just want to be inside an X-Wing 24/7 :)

It's kind of an arcadey flight shooter. I've played it a few times and I'm still not quite sure how the heck you get good at it. I'd love to see a dedicated fighter game with these graphics one day.

You pick between X-Wing/A-Wing or TIE/TIE Interceptor.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I finally got to put in some time, and holy hell is this game just nothing but fun. I played the Alpha and Beta, but having more maps really makes things a lot more fun. I have played a handful of the smaller maps so far and I honestly think the Beta maps are so far the least impressive maps visually. The ice caves of Both are absolutely gorgeous, and the map beneath the sandcrawler is amazing with the wind kicking up sand and blowing around tarps. I don't give a shit what resolution this game is running at on XBO, it is still the most impressive thing out there. Equally impressive is the unfaltering framerate so far. After about four matches of Blast I haven't noticed a single framerate dip.

Man...

5... more... days!

I have not been this hyped for a Star Wars game since SWG! Then the movie a month later!

Great time to be a Star Wars fan!

Also, Uprising is pretty damn sweet as well.

Ferr986

It's kind of an arcadey flight shooter. I've played it a few times and I'm still not quite sure how the heck you get good at it. I'd love to see a dedicated fighter game with these graphics one day.

You pick between X-Wing/A-Wing or TIE/TIE Interceptor.

Great news being able to select ship! I always loved the X-Wing model since I was a kid :)

I actually liked using ships in the beta, although the controls weren't the best at first.

adj_noun

My favorite mode so far has been Hero Hunt. Less me getting shot in the back, more running helter skelter after Luke Skywalker. :D

I also dig Heroes vs Villains, but I have yet to be in one that wasn't a curb stomp for one team or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom