• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

prag16

Banned
Why are they saying it's a "super" star destroyer crashing... Looks like a regular one to me.

Super-Star-Destroyer.jpeg

The only super star destroyer seen was the Executor, Vader's ship in the OT.

darthbob

Why are they saying it's a "super" star destroyer crashing... Looks like a regular one to me.

The engine layout on the back matches that of an Executor-class Star Dreadnaught.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How are they handling DLC integration as far as playlists go? Jakku should be a mandatory download so that all playlists benefit.

There are no playlists. It's just matchmaking for your chosen mode (or map) with almost no transparency as to where you're connecting. It sucks.

Honestly is not even remotely close, in my opinion. The big part of Conquest is tactically choosing which base is more valuable to capture and each base generally also provides additional vehicles and spawn points. Supremacy is just constantly pushing in one direction, much more similar to Rush.

Ah ya the ability to choose a spawn point would be great.

mileS

Jakku sounds epic! Love the idea of the new mode, fits perfect in a game like this. Also another map for my favorite mode by far, Fighter Squadron. That will probably end up being its best map too (with all the stuff going on) Really excited for this but I'm also wondering when we will get a balance patch.

prag16

Banned
The engine layout on the back matches that of an Executor-class Star Dreadnaught.

Yeah, I saw a post on reddit comparing it. However the shots from the front, it looks like a garden variety star destroyer. And the one in their Jakku trialer that appears to be on its way down also seems to be a 'normal' star destroyer.

So also, how do we redeem our Jakku shit a week early from preordering? I ddin't get any separate key or email or anything? Will origin send them out ahead of launch?

adj_noun

I love Fighter Squadron

It's one of my favorites, but lately I've felt like all I'm doing is trading off wins with the Rebel A-Wings dominating every time.

Yeah, I saw a post on reddit comparing it. However the shots from the front, it looks like a garden variety star destroyer. And the one in their Jakku trialer that appears to be on its way down also seems to be a 'normal' star destroyer.

I still kinda suspect someone added an unintentional "super" in there (all the Battle of Jakku stuff has been so focused on that regular star destroyer crash, including Lost Stars featuring a non-super crash as the main setpiece) that it feels a bit weird to add in a super crash that's not even in the Jakku trailer) but I won't be able to confirm/deny until seeing the actual crash.

Pastry

Banned

The Super Star Destroyer that is crashing is a major plot point in one of the new books.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

There was definitely more than one, and the SSD's ranged in different sizes, Vader's being the largest of the class.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Star_Destroyer

I do not think they showed an SSD crash yet, there is tons of other debris and crashing ships going on as well I believe. The pics at the Jakku link are just concept art of already crashed SD's.

Crossing fingers it is not a misprint, lol.

The Super Star Destroyer that is crashing is a major plot point in one of the new books.

Good to know. Sounds pretty hopeful then. Is it the Battlefront Book?

9781101885505_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg

Or one of the others?

Theorry

Scout card and scan pulse in combination with the DH17. Took me a week to find my setup and now i am beasting like crazy. Scan pulse is so cheap really. But credits arent any problem so i spamming that thing like crazy. So many pre fire peaks haha.

Pastry

Banned
There was definitely more than one, and the SSD's ranged in different sizes, Vader's being the largest of the class.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Star_Destroyer

I do not think they showed an SSD crash yet, there is tons of other debris and crashing ships going on as well I believe. The pics at the Jakku link are just concept art of already crashed SD's.

Crossing fingers it is not a misprint, lol.

Good to know. Sounds pretty hopeful then. Is it the Battlefront Book?

9781101885505_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg

Or one of the others?

No, it's Lost Stars. It's technically a young adult book but it's imo kind of better than all of the new non-young adult books. Only ones I haven't read are the Battlefront one and the one about Ventress.

5taquitos

Scout card and scan pulse in combination with the DH17. Took me a week to find my setup and now i am beasting like crazy. Scan pulse is so cheap really. But credits arent any problem so i spamming that thing like crazy. So many pre fire peaks haha.

I use the same setup but with the 5-round burst pistol. It tears shit up, especially on Cargo.

Anyone see these screenshots of this 'graphics mod'? Looks like a lot of sharpening but...I dunno it looks good.

http://imgur.com/a/ib8nW

That's actually a good comparison. They have this strange filter on them all, they look real, but look as if they're real on a VHS tape, if that makes any sense.

I guess thats pretty neat. Kind of making Battlefront look the way many of us remember it from our youth with the lower contrast and generally darker image. It does give it sort of a realistic feel, though I dont know how much credit to give the mod and how much to give DICE in this situation.

If I had this for PC I'd definitely be interested in giving it a shot and seeing how I feel about it, but I don't so oh well.

mileS

DH17 is awesome. It feels different, in a really good way. I still haven't got enough rounds in with it to say for sure if its what I want to go with for Mid to short range, because obviously the DL 44 is hard to beat. Sometimes I just feel more in control with the DH17 though. The DH17 is really good for mid range.

Tawpgun

I hope Turning Point is available on the other WA/Supremacy maps.

It sounds like an easy enough concept to port to other maps but the ending (attacking the empire base) might be harder to implement.

Theorry

DH17 is awesome. It feels different, in a really good way. I still haven't got enough rounds in with it to say for sure if its what I want to go with for Mid to short range, because obviously the DL 44 is hard to beat. Sometimes I just feel more in control with the DH17 though. The DH17 is really good for mid range.

Yeah have the same. And then with the 280c who should perform abit the same i cant get any kills. Dont know what it is with the DH17 and finally after week of abit of struggeling i am playing really good with that gun. Get offcourse sometimes one shotted by a DL44 but awell for the rest i win most gunfights with against other guns now.

Klyka

Banned
The DL44 is so ridiculously overpowered, I laugh every single time I get 1 or 2 shotted by it.
Everyone who bought the deluxe version got a hell of a deal with having that shitstain of a gun already unlocked.

I assume we're going to get some balancing changes alongside Jakku, right?

+1 to hoping Turning Point includes the other maps. It should've shipped with the game though, lol.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, it's Lost Stars. It's technically a young adult book but it's imo kind of better than all of the new non-young adult books. Only ones I haven't read are the Battlefront one and the one about Ventress.

That was my second guess. While I am not a "young adult", I do find them to be actually pretty decent sometimes. I will give it a look, thanks.

DJ Gunner

The DL44 is so ridiculously overpowered, I laugh every single time I get 1 or 2 shotted by it.
Everyone who bought the deluxe version got a hell of a deal with having that shitstain of a gun already unlocked.

Overpowered but in my experience much harder to use than the DH-17. At least with the DL there's a chance the user can miss. the DH-17 is auto-win at anything but long range.

Theorry

You know in a instant also if it was a dl44 that killed you. So many deaths when you think without that gun he would have been dead. I just try to dance all day now against that gun. Its abit stupid that people unlock it right away. Lucky its only level 25 when you can unlock with the deluxe edition would have sucked if it was level 50..

I assume we're going to get some balancing changes alongside Jakku, right?

+1 to hoping Turning Point includes the other maps. It should've shipped with the game though, lol.

Doubt it. DICE never has been very quick.
And i think Turning point is only for that map. If the dlc releases are abit like Battlefield.

Klyka

Banned
Overpowered but in my experience much harder to use than the DH-17. At least with the DL there's a chance the user can miss. the DH-17 is auto-win at anything but long range.

The DL44 will 1 or 2 shot you before you even take half the guys health off with the DH 17.
Bring ping into the mess as well and you usually die before even hearing the impact sound of the blaster on you.

DJ Gunner

The DL44 will 1 or 2 shot you before you even take half the guys health off with the DH 17.
Bring ping into the mess as well and you usually die before even hearing the impact sound of the blaster on you.

I'm not arguing the power of the DL44, but after having used both for hundreds of kills each I find the DH17 laughably easy to own with, and easier to use than the DL. I could be way off, but it truly feels as if the DL44 has next to no aim assist while the DH17 is almost impossible to miss with.

Donos

There are no playlists. It's just matchmaking for your chosen mode (or map) with almost no transparency as to where you're connecting. It sucks.

Everytime when i see this thread and think "maybe time to get it and jump in" i remember that it has no browser which is really a major roadblock for me. I use the server browser all the time in BF4 (PS4).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I have been loving that Scout Blaster card on smaller maps with the DH17. I ignore the DL44 unlock from Deluxe. Used it at first, I just do not like the feel, no matter how OP it may or may not be. And it is even sweeter one shotting those who have it with the Scout Blaster, lol.

Everytime when i see this thread and think "maybe time to get it and jump in" i remember that it has no browser which is really a major roadblock for me. I use the server browser all the time in BF4 (PS4).

You are in and out of games so quick though, that I almost don't miss it. Flows well to me personally.

Klyka

Banned
I'm not arguing the power of the DL44, but after having used both for hundreds of kills each I find the DH17 laughably easy to own with, and easier to use than the DL. I could be way off, but it truly feels as if the DL44 has next to no aim assist while the DH17 is almost impossible to miss with.

I play on PC, so aim assist isn't a factor. You just hit people.

Theorry

Well its says here always when i start matchmaking. "Looking for server based on location" or something like that. So they probably look at the best server for you and your ping.

Does anyone know the hitbox data? Head vs torso vs leg damage? I think I may be having a harder time because I'm not necessarily going for the head assuming head is more damage.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Pretty sure the headshot multiplier is significant.

It's gotta be at least 2x for headshot I don't think it's more than that, the E-11 is a 3 shot kill to the body but 2 shot to the head, the DL-44 seems to do a very even 50 damage to the body and a straight up 1 hit ko to the head.

The reason I hate the T21b and T21 is because even with a headshot they don't seem to do enough to kill you but will leave you at like 5 or 7 hp.

It's gotta be at least 2x for headshot I don't think it's more than that, the E-11 is a 3 shot kill to the body but 2 shot to the head, the DL-44 seems to do a very even 50 damage to the body and a straight up 1 hit ko to the head.

The reason I hate the T21b and T21 is because even with a headshot they don't seem to do enough to kill you but will leave you at like 5 or 7 hp.

T21 OHK headshot is only up to 10m. T21B can't OHK headshot.

Theorry

Does anyone know the hitbox data? Head vs torso vs leg damage? I think I may be having a harder time because I'm not necessarily going for the head assuming head is more damage.

I think its the same as Battefield. 2.0 head, 1.0 torso, 0.9 ;legs.
DL44 is indeed a 1 hit kill headshot up to 20 meters.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=DL-44

T21 can one shot headshot somebody up to 10 meters as it does 50 damage.
T21B cant because it does max damage of 45.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=T-21

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=T-21B

mileS

E-11 is 3 shot kill to the body? man my aim must be terrible or I'm dealing with some funky lag because that never seems like the case for me.

A lot of people have talked about it lately. Long range fights can get extremely frustrating. Pump a bunch of shots into someone, like a good 5-6. Leave cover and get plunked with 2-3 shots and I'm dead instantly.

E-11 is 3 shot kill to the body? man my aim must be terrible or I'm dealing with some funky lag because that never seems like the case for me.

A lot of people have talked about it lately. Long range fights can get extremely frustrating. Pump a bunch of shots into someone, like a good 5-6. Leave cover and get plunked with 2-3 shots and I'm dead instantly.
This is me.

Thanks for the replies though. I will have to change my ways and aim for the head. I think Uncharted taught me to aim low but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom