• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
E-11 is 3 shot kill to the body? man my aim must be terrible or I'm dealing with some funky lag because that never seems like the case for me.

A lot of people have talked about it lately. Long range fights can get extremely frustrating. Pump a bunch of shots into someone, like a good 5-6. Leave cover and get plunked with 2-3 shots and I'm dead instantly.
Doesn't weapon damage depend upon range? It has to to make sense of what I've experienced.

The way I've seen it weapons do full damage at their effective range, but less so when overshooting or undershooting that distance. Makes sense from a balance perspective, in which case your choice of weapon class and range you're firing at makes all the difference in the world.

So the E-11 would be 3 shot kills at medium range, and more shots at any other range. When I use that weapon it takes a ton of shots to down somebody at long range, and close up I hold down the trigger and spam it center of mass.

Interesting. I guess rate of fire is more important at short range with rifles. I was mistakenly interpreting that as doing less damage per shot.

E-11 is 3 shot kill to the body? man my aim must be terrible or I'm dealing with some funky lag because that never seems like the case for me.

A lot of people have talked about it lately. Long range fights can get extremely frustrating. Pump a bunch of shots into someone, like a good 5-6. Leave cover and get plunked with 2-3 shots and I'm dead instantly.

Depends on the range. It's a 3 shot kill up to 10m only. After that's it's a 4+ shot kill.

Everything you need is right here:

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-charts

zedge

Shadow Trooper spotted in the wild, via Reddit

AgreeableVapidIbis.webm

Saw one last night on ps4 for the first time.

Shadow Trooper spotted in the wild, via Reddit

AgreeableVapidIbis.webm

I unlocked Twi'lek last night :3
Would have unlocked Shadow Trooper as well, but didn't have the creds for both (17,000 credits for each skin).

47 hours playtime to get to Level 50, but I binged pretty hard over the weekend since I knew I'd be out of town for Thanksgiving. Heroes vs Villains has been my goto mode, where you can get an large amount of credits and XP by frequently playing as the heroes/villains.

Anth1888

DICE should get rid of K/D ratio in Walker Assault and Supremacy. Every fucker seems to think its TDM and not play the objective. You should be rewarded for defending and attacking each base more so than kills. Even the fucking heroes run around only to rack up kills doing nothing for the team.

Needs to get sorted, more so than balancing IMO.

MiguelItUp

I'm enjoying the gameplay itself, but wow if I'm not already bored by it.

To each their own, a lot of us are still really enjoying it. :D I went from rank 11 to 21 yesterday on Fighter Squadron. Just grinding away to 50, haha. Doing so made me appreciate Fighter Squadron a LOT more than I originally did. So rather than just being a typical grind, I'm still having fun. It's great!

Theorry

DICE should get rid of K/D ratio in Walker Assault and Supremacy. Every fucker seems to think its TDM and not play the objective. You should be rewarded for defending and attacking each base more so than kills. Even the fucking heroes run around only to rack up kills doing nothing for the team.

Needs to get sorted, more so than balancing IMO.

K/D should be gone in every shooter game imo. But if that happens the world will burn i think.

mileS

Depends on the range. It's a 3 shot kill up to 10m only. After that's it's a 4+ shot kill.

Everything you need is right here:

http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-charts

I get this, again, there are still strange things that happen once in a while that many have talked about. See someone off in long range, fire at them a good 6-8 times, leave cover and get 3 shot by someone using a weaker gun for ranged. It makes no sense sometimes.

Anth1888

K/D should be gone in every shooter game imo. But if that happens the world will burn i think.

Even just get rid of the deaths section on the leaderboard. It's frustrating when you have maybe 2/3 guys on each team playing the objective whilst the other 15 odd players are in a deathmatch. Go play blast ffs.

MiguelItUp

Agreed. We've reached a point where a ton of people care about their K/D so much that it can interfere with gameplay. So much so that people are just selfishly playing team-based games without carrying about the team or objectives and just focusing on their own K/D.

Has this been posted?

"We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass."

Sounds like free content is coming in addition to the season pass stuff. Good. :)

Source: http://www.ea.com/news/the-start-of-your-star-wars-adventure
I haven't seen this at all! This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

I would love if this stays the base game and they'd keep releasing packs. I just want prequel content but there's no way in hell a Battlefront 2 focuses on that and retreading the OT again would be dull and TFA trilogy stuff is still years away from completion.

But additional season passes? Sign me up. I just hope they detail what's in store more in depth unlike the current pass.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Sometimes while playing in the middle of a match when all sorts of bullshit is going on due to all the random one shot mechanics due to poorly thought up abilities, I wonder what this game would be like if it was what people feared and was just somewhat of a reskinned battlefield. You know, proper player classes than can only have certain weapons and abilities, a little more tactile thinking than finding a long range weapon and hiding behind something picking everyone off across the map, an actual conquest mode where everyone doesn't get shoved into fighting down two areas at a time. Having a squad of more than 2 fricking people as if I only have 1 friend I want to play with.

I mean I like what we have, but part of me would have liked to play that game.

40 A-wing kills on Hoth, 14k points.

I feel so dirty..
Now do it in a TIE. ;P

I know, A-Wings just don't feel fair sometimes.

There's something broken with A-Wings right? Cause I always do much better with one than any of the other ships ignoring hero units, they are also the most annoying of the four fighter options to take out.

This. It promotes selfish behavior, nothing more. Especially in team oriented games/modes. Thanks Doom II, /sigh. Well at least there it was justified, but to have them in team based games, no.

Would totally be for removing it in this, mine is sitting on like 1.7, but my friends are all just under 1 and their goal seems to be getting up there with me. It just isn't fun when people ignore the point of a mode just for kills, it doesn't help when developers don't really award points properly for completing the actual goals either, tacking on a couple more points doesn't work.

MADGAME

Saw one last night on ps4 for the first time.

I figure hitting 50 can't take more tan 80 hours of play time if you're constantly in the top 5 every game. Hell even less if you're getting heroes constantly in modes like fighter squadron.

I've seen a few already.

I unlocked Twi'lek last night :3
Would have unlocked Shadow Trooper as well, but didn't have the creds for both (17,000 credits for each skin).

47 hours playtime to get to Level 50, but I binged pretty hard over the weekend since I knew I'd be out of town for Thanksgiving. Heroes vs Villains has been my goto mode, where you can get an large amount of credits and XP by frequently playing as the heroes/villains.

I see one in basically every round. Tons of people are lvl 50

I'm 6 ranks away.

O_O
I'm 26 hours into the game and just about level 37, but I haven't seen one. I have seen Sullastan, Rodian and Scout Trooper so maybe it's a level thing and I'm getting matched with players ranked closer to me.

I get this, again, there are still strange things that happen once in a while that many have talked about. See someone off in long range, fire at them a good 6-8 times, leave cover and get 3 shot by someone using a weaker gun for ranged. It makes no sense sometimes.

In many cases when I think this is the case, I'm actually getting shot from multiple enemies, so it appears as if the enemy I am looking at got a 1-2 hit kill, when really, they just finished the job.

Theorry

Has this been posted?

"We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass."

Sounds like free content is coming in addition to the season pass stuff. Good. :)

Wait what. If that true that would be great. The maps will seperate the community. Weapons, gadgets and heroes dont if thats included in a season pass.

"We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass. "

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Has this been posted?

I had a feeling they would do this, but refused to say anything due to possibly being lambasted at the time, lol.

Boke1879

That Jakku DLC sounds exciting :D

Turning Point sounds a lot more like Rush.

3 Phases, and with every Phase you have to capture the base.

I hope after Jakku is out for everyone, the Map will be added to the standard Walker Assault and Supremacy Playlist. And should be required to own.

Don't see why they can't add it to the WA and Supremacy lists.

Boke1879

Has this been posted?

This is awesome. So free content including maps along with the season pass stuff. Good news.

jackdoe

I'm guessing with the next patch, Dice is going to start introducing more out of bounds areas in certain maps. They went gung ho with the Hoth Walker Assault map (as it was fully playtested in the beta), but Tatooine has interesting places where people with jetpacks can camp and grief if they wanted to.

prag16

Banned

Yeah, I'm struggling with this type of crap too. I'm on PC. Some people seem to have INSANELY precise aim from super long range. I'll be out of cover for a half second and I get rekt with a E11 or A280C in what seems like about 3 shots from extreme range.

On the other side of the coin, I'll get the drop in somebody and pump a good 4-5 torso shots into them, and they turn on me and roflstomp in instantly in 1-2 even with the weaker guns. The best is the times when that happens, and the enemy is still at something like 80 health... I mean come on man.

I do that type of stuff to other people sometimes, where I feel like I in no way deserved the kill, but it happens at most 10% of the time it occurs in the other direction. Without a doubt I'm not that good at the game. But what I've seen goes beyond just that; there has to be some kind of lag related crap going on at times.

Has this been posted?

That sounds fantastic!

I had a feeling they would do this, but refused to say anything due to possibly being lambasted at the time, lol.

It kinda makes sense, given what Visceral has done with BFH and what DICE LA is doing with BF4. Both have given free maps and other content to non-Premium customers in the past year. Maybe the tide is turning...

I want a new mode that involves ground troops on a planet and then air combat out in space. The idea in my head how this would work is very vague but it could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom