• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

Its also incredibly difficult to lock onto a Y-Wing with an ion torpedo due to their angle of approach and speed.
They approach from the same direction every time for the bombing run so once you know that it is difficult at all, as long as you position yourself appropriately.

Maybe some additional strategy for a large number of the team would be appropriate as you don't want the whole team in one spot as easy targets, but most of the Rebrls should be focused on the Walkers. A couple pilots in the air can take them out also, but imo that's tricky to time it to be be aligned in the Y-wing flight path as they start the bombing run.

Also, were you able to find a full Supremacy game or is the emptiness persisting?

I've found the only map that I can consistently down Y-wings is the final bit on Sullust since they all come from the wide open area opposite the walkers. Also the two turbolaser towers that have perfect aim there help a lot.

If you have two people on those turbolasers and one or two people flying you can pretty much win regardless of the amount of Y-wings providing the walkers have decent health.

I played some more last night. Only my second sitting with the title. Hit level 9. I have to say, this game is a whole lot of fun. I think this is the first game ever where I actually play more than one mode. Every mode is fun. My favorite might be Blast, 10v10. It's hectic, but not too hectic.

It's hard to decide which mode I like to play. The Fighter Squadron is well done. It's a good way to blend in AI into a versus mode. Very cool.

I'm playing on the PS4 and the game is just gorgeous and beautiful to listen to with my Sony Gold headphones.

Piccoro

This game is too much fun.
Currently at level 15, been playing every day after work, don't have the drive to play any other game. :p

missa thinkin mesa addict to Battlefront...

They approach from the same direction every time for the bombing run so once you know that it is difficult at all, as long as you position yourself appropriately.

Maybe some additional strategy for a large number of the team would be appropriate as you don't want the whole team in one spot as easy targets, but most of the Rebrls should be focused on the Walkers. A couple pilots in the air can take them out also, but imo that's tricky to time it to be be aligned in the Y-wing flight path as they start the bombing run.

Also, were you able to find a full Supremacy game or is the emptiness persisting?
I tried for 2 minutes and gave up and went to Walker Assault which I got in a full match immediately. Had to leave for work then afterwards.

The sooner Dice fix these fucking spawn points the better. They are absurd. I'm sick of spawning (not even on my team) right in the middle of a bunch of enemies and being shot within seconds.

adj_noun

Went another bunch of rounds in Fighter Squadron, once more the Rebels won every time.

I'm at the point where I half consider losing by 200-160 as the Imperials to be something of a moral victory. It's better than the 200-40 curbstomps I've seen.

So what happens when you destroy a Y-Wing? Is the AT-AT invulnerable for the time that the Y-Wing would have added if it struck the AT-AT? I always figured that it was just a set amount of time of vulnerability and destroying the Y-Wings had no effect. Seems I was mistaken.

Yoday

Strange, I have seen many complain about this and I haven't really run into it that often. Do you notice it in a specific mode?
I've noticed it in Walker Assault and Supremacy more than other modes. I have actually spawned between two enemies that were no more than 10m apart and nowhere near friendlies before, it was absolute madness. Hell, I have actually spawned where an enemy was currently firing at and died instantly.

So what happens when you destroy a Y-Wing? Is the AT-AT invulnerable for the time that the Y-Wing would have added if it struck the AT-AT? I always figured that it was just a set amount of time of vulnerability and destroying the Y-Wings had no effect. Seems I was mistaken.

Destroying a Y-Wing removes one full icon from the total amount Rebels have gotten in that round. The AT-AT is still vulnerable until all of the Y-Wings are gone but it saves your team like 15 seconds of damage.

MBison

Is it only if it's destroyed before it's shooting the projectile, or does that not matter?

Don't think that matters it's just the length of time.

Plus it's an achievement and a special objective award

It's challenging but not that difficult if you start to lock in as soon as the y wing appears on map.

In most games I've played i seem to be the only one attempting it.

Machina

Banned
There are some serious butthurt cunts in this world. I finally got the Slave One in Fighter Squadron after having the powerup stolen from me a few times, then the asshole flying the Falcon decided to pop his shield and ram me from behind after I started outflying him. I died instantly, he survived.

Just.....Absolute fuckwit.

It always seemed to happen to me in Drop Zone for some reason...

Whatever it is, it's very frustrating. I just had to quit due to rage since I spawned three times in a row right next to an enemy AT-ST. Is there a feedback form I can fill it or something to let Dice know this kinda nonsense is happening?

I thought after the beta they'd have fixed this, but I guess not.

There are some serious butthurt cunts in this world. I finally got the Slave One in Fighter Squadron after having the powerup stolen from me a few times, then the asshole flying the Falcon decided to pop his shield and ram me from behind after I started outflying him. I died instantly, he survived.

Just.....Absolute fuckwit.
That sounds awesome! Will try that cheers!

Not sure if this is a bug or luck but at this point it seems like a bug.

I've played countless rounds of walker assault and I've only played on 1 team the whole time.

Everytime i play its like this
Hoth = imp
endor = imp
sullust = reb
tat = reb

every time i join. I've never played rebels on endor.

So weird...

Machina

Banned
I think it's more the fact that if you don't sacrifice yourself suiciding the Falcon your team has to deal with it for the majority of the map because of how overpowered it is.

Both the hero pickups in FS are OP to some degree. The Slave 1 takes a shitload of damage to destroy. But yes the Falcon is clearly OP. It has a powerful laser, shields, boost AND Missiles. I mean fucking really? When did the Falcon EVER fire missiles?

Machina

Banned
Not sure if this is a bug or luck but at this point it seems like a bug.

I've played countless rounds of walker assault and I've only played on 1 team the whole time.

Everytime i play its like this
Hoth = imp
endor = imp
sullust = reb
tat = reb

every time i join. I've never played rebels on endor.

So weird...

I don't think you've played two games in a row as the same faction, not unless you quit out early then rejoined another game. It always cycles back and forth.

prag16

Banned
Also, I've noticed the teams don't rebalance at all after a match.

Yeah, it definitely seems like the game keeps the same teams together indefinitely until/unless people leave the lobby. In some cases it may be due to people being partied up, but I doubt that alone can explain why I almost NEVER see anything get switched up.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If you want to sink to his level, sure. Ramming people in order to just kill them because they're pissing you off is low hanging fruit.

As long as it's possible I don't see a reason not to do it as it removes a big threat from the empire. I got two slave kills in one life before due to the dumb shield thing, it loads you an absurd amount of points on top of it.

Need to get the word out for DICE to actually change it.

Machina

Banned
As long as it's possible I don't see a reason not to do it as it removes a big threat from the empire. I got two slave kills in one life before due to the dumb shield thing, it loads you an absurd amount of points on top of it.

Need to get the word out for DICE to actually change it.

People can do it if they like, obviously the game as it is now allows that, but I don't have to respect it. Just like the Impact Grenades, it is just cheap.

kriskrosbbk

I've always wondered and will ask ,do we know if the shadow trooper on rank 50 will have the invisibility feature in multi like in the missions? That would be crazy.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
What is considered the most fun / popular mode to play?

I absolutely love Walker Assault.

It really captures the feel of the Battle of Hoth, and I don't just mean the map, I mean the imperials marching on a rebel base, the Goliath AT-AT's, the air support, the general tempo of the battle.

Walker assault on Endor's moon is pure gaming bliss.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
I highly prefer Supremacy over Walker Assault. I feel 90% of the time someone sits in a walker and shoots at me.
I get about 50 kills and ~10 death each Supremacy match let alone all the multi kills (5 or more kills with a grenade ). So much fun this mode!

adj_noun

I highly prefer Supremacy over Walker Assault. I feel 90% of the time someone sits in a walker and shoots at me.
I get about 50 kills and ~10 death each Supremacy match let alone all the multi kills (5 or more kills with a grenade ). So much fun this mode!

I don't know how you folks get these K/D ratios. I'm always getting capped trying to take a point or getting to the darn point.

DrKelpo

Banned
was playing a round of fighter squadron lately... some guy had around 18000 points...how is that even possible??

even in very good rounds incl. lots of damage on the enemy transporter i maxed out at 9000 or so.

Klyka

Banned
I don't know how you folks get these K/D ratios. I'm always getting capped trying to take a point or getting to the darn point.

I get instakilled by people from any range all the time. Nothing I can do.
I need to use that network overlay thing to check my ping and leave high ping games.

My KDR is so far below my KDR in any other game, it's terrible.

ukas

I get instakilled by people from any range all the time. Nothing I can do.
I need to use that network overlay thing to check my ping and leave high ping games.

My KDR is so far below my KDR in any other game, it's terrible.

Seriously. I get nailed from people across the map that I can barely see. How in the hell are they hitting me? The people not using the sniper card, that is.

At his point, Blops3 hardcore is way more fun than this.

def sim

Seriously. I get nailed from people across the map that I can barely see. How in the hell are they hitting me? The people not using the sniper card, that is.

I use the explosive shot card and a nice accurate LMG blaster to take out people from long range. The splash damage can really add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom