• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
One thing most folks dont realize is that speed effects weapon strength negatively. Flying slow makes your laserfire stronger.

Also changing to inverted controls helped me huge.

Well shit, I always thought that moving slow helped with accuracy, but never made the relation of speed and damage. I suppose there's the takeback that you're now an easy target.

adj_noun

Why are the alien races locked behind the last few ranks? That'll take forever to get to.

Once you get to the mid thirties or so it's some of the only things left to give you incentive keep going. I swear I've gone through a few levels where nothing unlocked, not even an emote or something.

dancmc

Why are the alien races locked behind the last few ranks? That'll take forever to get to.

True. I am all for rewarding players who are great and invest a lot of time but at this rate it will be feb before I unlock the biker scout.

Hope they add other empire skins as well. Crimson guard would be bad ass

Pastry

Banned
This game can be the most fun ever and the next match you realize how staggeringly fucking stupid some of the game design decisions they made are. I just played a round of Supremacy where the Rebels were spawning into canyons with the Empire throwing unlimited grenades (cause some idiot put them on timers) at spawns while an AT-AT, Vader , several turrets and 4 Tie Fighters also camped the spawn.

For the love of god give the Rebels a ground vehicle. This I also the problem with dumb vehicle tokens. The rebels couldn't reach any of he tokens so hey were endlessly bombarded with enemy ties. It's dumb as shit.

CoLaN

The problem i have with this game is that when you kill or get killed it just feels kind of cheap, not because you outplay someone or get outplayed

dancmc

This game can be the most fun ever and the next match you realize how staggeringly fucking stupid some of the game design decisions they made are. I just played a round of Supremacy where the Rebels were spawning into canyons with the Empire throwing unlimited grenades (cause some idiot put them on timers) at spawns while an AT-AT, Vader , several turrets and 4 Tie Fighters also camped the spawn.

For the love of god give the Revels a ground vehicle. This I also the problem with dumb vehicle tokens. The rebels couldn't reach any of he tokens so hey were endlessly bombarded with enemy ties. It's dumb as shit.
Yeah. Really wish the vehicles were just there to climb into. Don't like the icon thing. I know functionally its not that different but it's really jarring.

B-Dex

True. I am all for rewarding players who are great and invest a lot of time but at this rate it will be feb before I unlock the biker scout.

Hope they add other empire skins as well. Crimson guard would be bad ass

The black, I'm assuming it's fabric, part of the scout trooper changes colour to match. Blue on Hoth and brown on tatooine. I'm pretty sure. Also they have coloured ones in the single player missions. Be silly not to have them usable in multi.

zedge

This is on the frontpage of reddit.

lmao

Noticed a bug or exploit on Endor Walker Assault.

Sorry for the potato quality but I can't upload it directly from the PS4 from my hotel room... So its off screen.

The clip starts out with them having no Y wings locked in and then boom once they get one locked in... They get 5 instantly. Watch the left most uplink and the Y wing at the top to see what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/nEaxBS4mhIk

I saw this tonight also. Thought it was lag or something, weird.

Enilced2

So I'm trying to play this for the first time with 3 friends but it keeps putting us into empty game modes. What the heck is going on ?

jackdoe

Now that people are getting into higher levels, it becomes clear how much of an advantage you get, the higher level you are. The personal shield is such a bullshit power up for objective type gameplay, and is locked to the higher levels. If you're going to allow a powerup which lets you circumvent any defense, then at least let everyone get it at a relatively low level. Jesus. People starting fresh this Christmas are going to be mighty pissed as they get steamrolled by level 50 players who have bullshit star cards that they won't have.

Now that people are getting into higher levels, it becomes clear how much of an advantage you get, the higher level you are. The personal shield is such a bullshit power up for objective type gameplay, and is locked to the higher levels. If you're going to allow a powerup which lets you circumvent any defense, then at least let everyone get it at a relatively low level. Jesus. People starting fresh this Christmas are going to be mighty pissed as they get steamrolled by level 50 players who have bullshit star cards that they won't have.

It doesn't stop grenades or ballistic weapons.

B-Dex

Can easily counter it with homing shot, bowcaster, impact grenade, detonator, melt it with explosive shot etc.. I thought it was B S at first too but meh. Not so much.

I played just a little bit last week and just played a little bit again today and I already feel like I'm getting completely steamrolled way more than when I was playing last week right around launch. It's kind of crazy.

jackdoe

It doesn't stop grenades or ballistic weapons.

Can easily counter it with homing shot, bowcaster, impact grenade, detonator, melt it with explosive shot etc.. I thought it was B S at first too but meh. Not so much.
That's assuming your teammates in the near vicinity have the appropriate starcards to counter it. If they don't, then you're SOL and your Y-Wing timer just got reset.

Did eight rounds of Fighter Squadron, eight straight Rebel victories. Win lose win lose win lose (win lose).

I mean, some of them kinda came close, but man.

It's funny because the Rebel air superiority is a decent counter to Imperial vehicles, but Fighter Squadron is unbalanced because of this lol.

Rixxan

pretty annoyed by the overwhelming map balance issues that walker assault has

i'd be fine with it completely if it allowed teams to play both sides, dont understand why that doesnt happen, best time wins or whatever

I played just a little bit last week and just played a little bit again today and I already feel like I'm getting completely steamrolled way more than when I was playing last week right around launch. It's kind of crazy.
Exactly. Now that I'm using the T-21, I'm faring a little better but it shouldn't be this way. And I shouldn't see the AT-ST and turret pods destroyed so quickly. And there should NEVER be rockets that lock on humans unless they're jet packing (like Warhawk). Such bullshit.

But I had fun tonight despite my negative KDR. First match was BS though. 2-16 or something.

Is party join broken or is no one playing this?

What platform are you trying to play on? What modes are you trying to search for?

If you are finding empty games with your party have someone else try finding a game. I have had issues on PS4 where my friend would try and search and find nothing. I would then search and would find full games.

Ok, jetpack solves a lot of my problems with some of the map design(too much channeling) and general movement. Definitely a game changer. Wish it had like a 15 second cooldown, though

BHK3

Banned
So I FINALLY hit the level needed for the final weapon.

Dear god this things a monster, it's not that good at long range but I can 2 shot anything thats not super far away...please balance this nonsense.

Also, what's a cycler rifle exactly? Is it more star card stuff cause I've ignored all that. I'm waiting until I have enough money to buy a ton of stuff at once, since I noticed this homing missle and ion cannon and barrage bullshit is about 95% of my deaths instead of actually skillful gunfire.

B-Dex

So I FINALLY hit the level needed for the final weapon.

Dear god this things a monster, it's not that good at long range but I can 2 shot anything thats not super far away...please balance this nonsense.

Also, what's a cycler rifle exactly? Is it more star card stuff cause I've ignored all that. I'm waiting until I have enough money to buy a ton of stuff at once, since I noticed this homing missle and ion cannon and barrage bullshit is about 95% of my deaths instead of actually skillful gunfire.

Tusken Raider gun basically. Hint:It's total Garbage. Pulse Charge is infinitely more useful.

Enilced2

What platform are you trying to play on? What modes are you trying to search for?

If you are finding empty games with your party have someone else try finding a game. I have had issues on PS4 where my friend would try and search and find nothing. I would then search and would find full games.
Okay got it I'll try that next time because yea it was finding empty walker assault games

Alright so I bought this yesterday and couldn't manage to connect to a game then, thought maybe it's just an isolated incident, so tried again today and nope, same thing.

I try to find a match and it hangs for a bit then says I was disconnected. Everything else on my PS4 works fine.

Guess I'll go ahead and return it if I can't fix this...

Inside

Have these news about the upcoming Battle of Jakku DLC been posted yet? If so then just use the force on me.

Star Wars Battlefront is getting free DLC themed after the upcoming film “The Force Awakens”, known as The Battle of Jakku. The content will be available for all those who pre-ordered the game on December 1, and to all other players on December 8. We have known for a while that the DLC would feature two new maps, but today a brand new gameplay mode was revealed as well.

Turning Point, the latest game mode, fits into the Star Wars lore as a look at what followed the battle of Endor. A lead level designer described the mode as following:

“At the edge of the map, the Empire has constructed a make-shift base as well as smaller fortifications strewn across the landscape. Following an emergency landing, the Rebels need to locate the enemy bases to attack and take control of them all. Rebels need to locate and capture one of the three control points in Imperial control. The clock is ticking, but if the Rebel team succeeds with a capture additional time will be added and new control points will be available for capture. Moving through these increasingly challenging checkpoints, the ultimate goal is the Empire’s base where the final stand will take place.”
One of The Battle of Jakku’s maps, called Graveyard of the Giants, features dynamic visual spectacles like the crashing star destroyer seen in a recent trailer. An official livestream will be held on November 30, revealing more gameplay from the upcoming DLC. The official site has also been updated with more details on the new content, including the maps and compatible game modes:

Graveyard of Giants
Fight on the Graveyard of Giants in Turning Point, Supremacy, Walker Assault, and Fighter Squadron.
Goazan Badalands
Experience the badlands of Goazan in Blast, Drop Zone, Droid Run, Cargo, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs. Villains.

Cant wait to try the new gamemode and see all the dynamic visual spectacles

Kosma

Banned
Ok so I encountered a weird bug, entire team got killed over and over for being outside the map on walker assault, but we were just spawning normally

:/

Had to quit after 3 deaths

Ferrio

Banned
Alright so I bought this yesterday and couldn't manage to connect to a game then, thought maybe it's just an isolated incident, so tried again today and nope, same thing.

I try to find a match and it hangs for a bit then says I was disconnected. Everything else on my PS4 works fine.

Guess I'll go ahead and return it if I can't fix this...

Either plug your PS4 directly into the modem, or put it on DMZ to rule out any NAT issues. If it works then you know it was a router issue.

Hikami

The cycler rifle is such a waste of credits. Can't find any good use for it besides maybe when people are using shields but that's so situational that it's useless.

MDave

The cycler rifle is such a waste of credits. Can't find any good use for it besides maybe when people are using shields but that's so situational that it's useless.

Might come in handy later on when most of the player base has leveled up and unlocked the shields, those things can be so annoying.

My K/D has improved from 0.5 to 0.7 after unlocking the T-21. So THIS is the gun I kept getting killed by. I don't need to get the scoop version since I'm on PC hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom