• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

There are some serious butthurt cunts in this world. I finally got the Slave One in Fighter Squadron after having the powerup stolen from me a few times, then the asshole flying the Falcon decided to pop his shield and ram me from behind after I started outflying him. I died instantly, he survived.

Just.....Absolute fuckwit.
That's the strategy lol. The people that I hate are the falcon's that make it their only goal to ram you. Shield or not. Strangely enough for me, its mostly not. If you really want to tale us both out right away go for it. You're missing out too lol. Idiots.

Also strangely enough last night I won as Imps 5 times. Helps when you get in a really good random group and most people end up staying.

adj_noun

Also strangely enough last night I won as Imps 5 times. Helps when you get in a really good random group and most people end up staying.

I have no idea how the heck this is even possible assuming the usual all A-Wing opposition.

Grats on the wins though. Wish I could figure out the Rebels.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
I don't know how you folks get these K/D ratios. I'm always getting capped trying to take a point or getting to the darn point.

Start with switching to third person mode if you haven't already. That gives you a huge advantage.

Furthermore always fire from the hip even during long range engagements. The accuracy is the exact same whether zoomed in or not.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Went another bunch of rounds in Fighter Squadron, once more the Rebels won every time.

I'm at the point where I half consider losing by 200-160 as the Imperials to be something of a moral victory. It's better than the 200-40 curbstomps I've seen.
There are some serious butthurt cunts in this world. I finally got the Slave One in Fighter Squadron after having the powerup stolen from me a few times, then the asshole flying the Falcon decided to pop his shield and ram me from behind after I started outflying him. I died instantly, he survived.

Just.....Absolute fuckwit.

Fighter Squadron is broken in all sorts of ways, I was saying the same yesterday when I was playing. Three games in a row Slave 1 was taken out by hitting the Milennium Falcon, I myself did it by accident trying to follow Slave 1 closely when he back flipped into me and exploded instantly causing me minor if any damage.

A-Wings are also easily the best fighters, there's no noticeable downside to using the ship, if it is weaker than any of the others the broken hit box or whatever is making it hard to hit hides that fact.

The problem with the game is that the only mode that shouldn't be "balanced" as such is Walker Assault, it's kind of the point that the Empire is this powerful force that needs fighting off. Dice have messed with that mode making it super easy to take down AT-ATs within the first two points now, on the other hand modes like Fighter Squadron aren't that balanced because one team just outright have better more powerful fighters and an op hero unit.

Not that Empire can't win at FS, but a good player in the Falcon can rack up kills like there's no tomorrow and little stands in its way. The only way I've defeated the Falcon is hammering on it for most of the match, even as Slave 1 it can take ages to whittle it down.

Not sure if this is a bug or luck but at this point it seems like a bug.

I've played countless rounds of walker assault and I've only played on 1 team the whole time.

Everytime i play its like this
Hoth = imp
endor = imp
sullust = reb
tat = reb

every time i join. I've never played rebels on endor.

So weird...
I don't really play Walker Assault, but I have the same issue every time I hop on Supremacy.
Hoth = Rebel
Tattoine = Imperial
Endor = Rebel
Sullust = Imperial
Every time. Adding the 5th map will help a lot.

I don't think you've played two games in a row as the same faction, not unless you quit out early then rejoined another game. It always cycles back and forth.
He didn't list them in the order they appear in the rotation.

Kyzer

Banned
I've been having a blast with this game. Don't necessarily agree with the vehement hate, although the mission mode and map variation does scream incomplete.

There are random little complaints I do have though:

-Rebels get camo in every level while storm troopers stick out like a sore thumb. Kind of unfair.

-No compass or anything on the map, leaves me at a loss to describe enemy position, considering rocks and ships are hardly specific landmarks.

-Spawn system is kind of garbage...enemies spawn right on me/behind me all the time, which can be bad for them at times as well.

-Maps severely lack complexity. It often feels like there's a front line in the middle of the map or in a small area where action inevitably comes together, and it makes it hard to have any sort of varying strategy. It's often die, spawn ,run to where everyone is. If you kill someone odds are the area youre in is too small to do anythingnother than retreat or be killed. And I can't even avoid it because at best there's two other routes and they're going to be occupied as well. And everything is kind of...flat? And small... Idk how to describe it. Its like the teams are just waves clashing all the time and there's not much recourse. I never thought I'd look at call of duty in a positive light like this but all the buildings and nooks and crannies add more variation to the conflicts. Imo anyways.

-Mission mode is like a skeleton. But what's there is so fun!

Pastry

Banned
I've been having a blast with this game. Don't necessarily agree with the vehement hate, although the mission mode and map variation does scream incomplete.

There are random little complaints I do have though:

-Rebels get camo in every level while storm troopers stick out like a sore thumb. Kind of unfair.

-No compass or anything on the map, leaves me at a loss to describe enemy position, considering rocks and ships are hardly specific landmarks.

-Spawn system is kind of garbage...enemies spawn right on me/behind me all the time, which can be bad for them at times as well.

-Maps severely lack complexity. It often feels like there's a front line in the middle of the map or in a small area where action inevitably comes together, and it makes it hard to have any sort of varying strategy. It's often die, spawn ,run to where everyone is. If you kill someone odds are the area youre in is too small to do anythingnother than retreat or be killed. And I can't even avoid it because at best there's two other routes and they're going to be occupied as well. And everything is kind of...flat? And small... Idk how to describe it. Its like the teams are just waves clashing all the time and there's not much recourse. I never thought I'd look at call of duty in a positive light like this but all the buildings and nooks and crannies add more variation to the conflicts. Imo anyways.

-Mission mode is like a skeleton. But what's there is so fun!

I kind of agree on your last point. In BF4 I could spend an entire match fighting in one single area and there would be multiple other fights going on around the map. These maps are so linear that there is only ever a fight at one point.

Anyone that hates Sullust too??

Really cant stand that map in the 40 players modes...

I specifically hate the middle section of that map in Walker assault, and think it might be the worst section of any of the WA maps. The rest, especially the first section/Imperial side, I quite like. That "funnel" around the second set of WA points though....SMH.

Siphorus

was playing a round of fighter squadron lately... some guy had around 18000 points...how is that even possible??

even in very good rounds incl. lots of damage on the enemy transporter i maxed out at 9000 or so.

Its really easy if you get the millennium falcon, I rammed the SLAVE I and started shooting other players and before I know it I had a 10,750+ prompt.
http://i.imgur.com/j5cwiKB.jpg (Not embedding due to huge image).

DJ Gunner

I kind of agree on your last point. In BF4 I could spend an entire match fighting in one single area and there would be multiple other fights going on around the map. These maps are so linear that there is only ever a fight at one point.

Wouldn't this largely have to do with the fact that the big modes require attack/defend at specific locations? Supremacy, you're fighting to control two points at any given time. When a point is taken or lost, a new point opens and the fight moves. Same with Walker Assault, as the Walkers Advance.

I'll tell ya, it surprises me how much people complain about nearly everything in this game. I haven't had this much fun with a shooter maybe ever.

The only other point I want to address specifically is Flight Squadron. A-wings only have the advantage in a room where everyone flies around at full speed chasing everyone else. This goes for both sides- fly yourself at full speed into the fray and then back your throttle off 100%. Target lock other ships, fire and they are done in less than two seconds. Rinse, repeat. You just sit in the middle flying slow shooting down everyone else that goes zipping past you. Once I started doing this I usually have 20+ kills (AI+player) and less than 10 deaths per game, usually the highest score by far. And I've yet to fly the Falcon or Slave 1.

jackdoe

The problem with the map design is that if one or two members of your team just stop moving, they can easily clog any one of the two or three ground routes to the objective. I just played a match on Tatooine where there were six Stormtroopers going through one passageway to the objective. However, those in front decided not to tackle the objective and instead hang back and pick off defenders. Well, great, but us four Stormtroopers who want to tackle the objective are effectively blocked in and have to literally jump over you, making us larger targets, to get to objective.

They also absolutely need to let us choose spawn points by the next patch.

16BitNova

Surprised this game was only 20 something gigs on PS4! Nice.

Is there anyway to tell which power up you are going to switch for when trading for another one? Or is it just random?

FeD.nL

Ugh, why are impact grenades a thing. Seriously what kind of developer thinks, well let's make a grenade that explodes immediately so even if you get flanked just throw it in the general direction of your attacker and get a kill.

teokrazia

Holy shit.
Coming back after some hours in Rainbow Six: Siege is like enter to the next gen: the graphical impact and the stuff going on are just astonishing.

Ugh, why are impact grenades a thing. Seriously what kind of developer thinks, well let's make a grenade that explodes immediately so if you even get flanked just throw it in the general direction of your attacker and get a kill.

Impact grenades have been balanced better in other games, where you need to score a direct or near direct hit to do any real damage. They definitely need to be toned down in this game, as does DL-44, Barrage, and Explosive Shot.

5taquitos

Impact grenades have been balanced better in other games, where you need to score a direct or near direct hit to do any real damage. They definitely need to be toned down in this game, as does DL-44, Barrage, and Explosive Shot.

I feel like the Impact Grenade should only be a kill if you hit the person directly, otherwise it should do like 90 damage tops, with an incredibly quick drop-off.

Imperial players on Walker assault need to realize they can take down y wings with ion torpedoes. Would help the "balance".
OK, I had no idea.

I think I tried to take one down once or twice, nothing happened and I assumed it was a canned situation you couldn't affect.

5taquitos

OK, I had no idea.

I think I tried to take one down once or twice, nothing happened and I assumed it was a canned situation you couldn't affect.

Spent one round blasting 6 y-wings out of the sky in a row with an AT-ST on Sullust. We still lost on the next phase, but it definitely kept the walkers standing during the second phase.

OSHAN

Is there no team balance in this game after a round? In modes like Droid or Drop or Cargo, I've noticed the teams seem to stay the same, even when the losing team gets utterly destroyed. It's strange.

Klyka

Banned
Is there no team balance in this game after a round? In modes like Droid or Drop or Cargo, I've noticed the teams seem to stay the same, even when the losing team gets utterly destroyed. It's strange.

There is no balancing, correct.
Teams will always stay the same and you can't switch teams either.

dh4niel

Do people think this game has longevity on PC even with the lack of content? Will people stick with it? I really want to pick it up.

I feel like the Impact Grenade should only be a kill if you hit the person directly, otherwise it should do like 90 damage tops, with an incredibly quick drop-off.

I think extremely close to someone, like literally at someone's feet, should still be lethal. As it is, you can impact the side of a hallway and still get a kill if someone is nearby. Same with barrage, those grenades should have a very small area of effect, and they should make a noise or flash or something.

DarkKyo

Do people think this game has longevity on PC even with the lack of content? Will people stick with it? I really want to pick it up.

This will be the biggest Star Wars game for the next couple of years at least, I don't think it's going to die down anytime soon.. especially with lots of DLC content on the way.

Will depend on how well DICE supports and rebalances the game I think. We've got a content patch coming next week, so that will be the first big test. If they address some of the most glaring balance and design issues in this first pass, then there's hope the game will last at least the length of the season pass. With how thin the initial offering is for large maps though, at least on PC, I doubt this will have anywhere near the longevity as BF4.

Boogdud

Imperial players on Walker assault need to realize they can take down y wings with ion torpedoes. Would help the "balance".

Every time I've tried to take them out they still got their torpedo off before they died. Doesn't matter if it's from the ground or in a fighter.

PSYGN

I had 2.5kd in the beta playing Drop Zone and topped the leaderboards with captures. For someone who likes playing the smaller Drop Zone mode, has your kd increased, decreased, or stayed the same?

I'm playing Black Ops 3 but I can see myself buying this game again in the future with more maps.

Every time I've tried to take them out they still got their torpedo off before they died. Doesn't matter if it's from the ground or in a fighter.

To do it in a fighter, you pretty much have to be right on the Y-Wing's tail right as they fly into the map. Pretty sure you can't do it for consecutive Y-Wings, since once you blow up one the next will be right behind it.

Helps to be on the earlier phases as well where the Y-Wings have to fly farther to reach the Walkers.

mileS

That's pretty fucked up.
Sure it is. I've had lots of bad luck. Being stuck on a shit team, nobody playing the objective. It sucks but all you have to do is leave the game after its done and hope for a better team. That has been working for me. 60% win rate.

Jito

Banned
Think that's the final straw for me, no idea why but this game suffers from insane lag spikes every single match and it's completely ruined the game for me. No other game does this, didn't happen during the beta at all and my connection is solid. Pretty pissed I've wasted money on this and I can't even play it consistently.

Think that's the final straw for me, no idea why but this game suffers from insane lag spikes every single match and it's completely ruined the game for me. No other game does this, didn't happen during the beta at all and my connection is solid. Pretty pissed I've wasted money on this and I can't even play it consistently.

That's very strange. This game is probably the smoothest shooter I've played this gen. Haven't experienced any lag at all.

Machina

Banned

You're on your own there man. Lag spikes were strong for the first few days post launch but for the past few, my experience has been very solid on only decent internet.

Sounds like something on your end. This game has been remarkably stable.

Jito

Banned
Yeh I really seem to be the anomaly here but it's ruined the game for me. I'll still keep trying to get a good match in when I can but it's annoying that half way through a decent match the connection goes to shit and I'm just lagging about everywhere.

Sounds like something on your end. This game has been remarkably stable.

It's not though, my connection is fine. Works fine on all other online games I play. I can be half way through a decent match, only person on the network, and suddenly it starts lagging. Even done speedtests in a game when it's occurring and the results came back fine.

majik13

Yeah I have yet to experience any semblance of lag or frame drops, been a very solid experience, in that regard. I think with much less vehicles to account for, the game doesn't require as much bandwidth as the Battlefield series. I have witnessed some odd bugs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom