• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that people are getting into higher levels, it becomes clear how much of an advantage you get, the higher level you are. The personal shield is such a bullshit power up for objective type gameplay, and is locked to the higher levels. If you're going to allow a powerup which lets you circumvent any defense, then at least let everyone get it at a relatively low level. Jesus. People starting fresh this Christmas are going to be mighty pissed as they get steamrolled by level 50 players who have bullshit star cards that they won't have.

The game definitely becomes more enjoyable the higher you get, lower ranked players really are at a disadvantage. Weapon wise, it's fine. The E-11, DLT-19, and A280C are all good weapons that are very viable. However, card wise they are just at such a disadvantage. Now I know why they added the system that you can use your partner's deck.

Vard

The game definitely becomes more enjoyable the higher you get, lower ranked players really are at a disadvantage. Weapon wise, it's fine. The E-11, DLT-19, and A280C are all good weapons that are very viable. However, card wise they are just at such a disadvantage. Now I know why they added the system that you can use your partner's deck.
Whoa, you can use your partner's deck? Is this already available or is that something they are adding in an update?

Moff

Yeah, its been nerfed like crazy.

Has a really big drop on it too.

yeah I expected that because I have never seen anyone use it, haha, still gonna buy it, though.

had my most fun round so far, yesterday.
hoth supremacy in an A-Wing. Damn, I was easily the top player, 30:2 k/d and over 9000 obj. score with the next guy in the 4000.

the A-Wing is such a good fighter, wrecking at-sts in 2 runs, Tie fighters have no Chance anyway and on hoth there are so many imperials in trenches or elsewhere on the ground you can simply saw through them.
lock ons from infantry anti air can easily be avoided in all the mountains, there, too.

Impulsor

http://swbstats.com/

Definitely get it on the PS4. I regret getting it on the PC, every day the numbers just keep getting lower.

I've yet to find trouble finding full games on PC *shrug*

Depend on the time you play and the game mode. Last night I had issues finding games in the smaller modes. Modes like WA are still populated all the time though.

Sadly I have to agree on this. WA, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, No problem.

Other modes sometimes seem impossible to play on PC and you have to wait a lot or back out and join in again.

:( I'm worried about the long term with this game.

Damn the PC numbers are very low! and this is the first game that I buy on PC after a long time :( well at least I got the ultimate edition at $78
but now I'm thinking if I should get a refund and get the game on my PS4? what do you think guys

JimiNutz

Banned
It doesn't stop grenades or ballistic weapons.

Or death from behind via melee.
I ran up to a drop pod yesterday with personal shield activated thinking I was safe...
While I was securing the pod someone walked up to me from behind (so didn't show on radar) and melee'd me to death from behind.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody else find that in Fighter Squadron wins tend to favour the Rebels over the Empire? A-Wings are probably the best standard vehicle of the four, and the Millennium Falcon is basically cheat mode.

Delio

Anybody else find that in Fighter Squadron wins tend to favour the Rebels over the Empire? A-Wings are probably the best standard vehicle of the four, and the Millennium Falcon is basically cheat mode.

Yeah having even a few rebel pilots who are able to use a A-wing even remotely good gives them a huge advantage. Not to even mention if someone good grabs the Falcon.

heringer

The cycler rifle is such a waste of credits. Can't find any good use for it besides maybe when people are using shields but that's so situational that it's useless.

Really? So they nerfed huh? It was amazing in the beta. What exactly did they nerf?

Oh well. The pulse rifle is pretty great. You can HK pretty much on any distance. So satisfying to nail someone on the other side of Hoth.

Simo

No not really, that I've seen or experienced anyway. It usually all depends on how good your team is though as the couple of times I lost as the Imperials was usually due to other players grabbing Slave 1 and then doing absolutely nothing with it.

I love Fighter Squadron and usually it's the first mode I'll jump into when booting up the game. lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yup. A-wings have a weirdly buggy hitbox, and the falcon vs. slave is absurdly favored for the rebels.

Tidalwave

Just had a match of Walker Assault on PS4 where someone modded out the AtAts. Lasted for a long time before I realized the progress bar wasn't moving.

Hikami

Really? So they nerfed huh? It was amazing in the beta. What exactly did they nerf?

Oh well. The pulse rifle is pretty great. You can HK pretty much on any distance. So satisfying to nail someone on the other side of Hoth.
Don't remember using it much in the beta so I can't compare it well but.. the bullet has slower travel time and a huge drop on it, it also doesn't one hit kill unless you get a headshot.
The pulse rifle is much better at the moment. These snipers should've switched places for their unlock levels.

Machina

Banned
Well shit. What's the best sniper rifle now then? The first one you can access is horrible, too slow to fire.

This is definitely one of those games where you have to define what a sniper is. The Cycler was fine as it was, all it needed was a longer cooldown time. That would have nullified the abuse, but once again DICE overbalanced to satisfy screaming idiots.

Ran into my first hacker tonight. He went 320-10. Was impervious to all damage except explosives, was using a headshot aimbot and he was managing to kill heroes in one shot. :/

Imperials won on Endor Walker Assault without a single bit of damage to the AT-AT because of it hahaha.

heringer

This is definitely one of those games where you have to define what a sniper is. The Cycler was fine as it was, all it needed was a longer cooldown time. That would have nullified the abuse, but once again DICE overbalanced to satisfy screaming idiots.

On that note, you guys enjoy the DL-44 while you can. :p

MDave

Ran into my first hacker tonight. He went 320-10. Was impervious to all damage except explosives, was using a headshot aimbot and he was managing to kill heroes in one shot. :/

Imperials won on Endor Walker Assault without a single bit of damage to the AT-AT because of it hahaha.

Enlighten us on how that cutscene looks like because we will never see it otherwise hah.

Wasn't able to find a full Supremacy game this morning around 6:30am Eastern. Hopefully I was just unlucky enough that all of the full games were actually full.

MADGAME

Hit level 40 last night, now that glorious Scout Trooper is mine. I feel like the Scout sniper rifle (E-11s) will be a weapon in one of the expansions. Seems like a no-brainier.

The problem i have with this game is that when you kill or get killed it just feels kind of cheap, not because you outplay someone or get outplayed

Couldn't disagree more. I find myself getting shot at from the side or back and have a chance to defend myself, unlike a Call of Duty or Battlefield. Every kill and death felt earned to me.

heringer

Couldn't disagree more. I find myself getting shot at from the side or back and have a chance to defend myself, unlike a Call of Duty or Battlefield. Every kill and death felt earned to me.

I agree. In modern Call of Duty, for example, the TK is so small that I always feel it's a matter of spotting the opponent first. Because of that, I feel skill comes more from navigating the map and positioning yourself properly rather than actually aiming and shooting.

In Battlefront the window is big enough to allow comebacks, and since the headshot multiplier is bigger than CODs, a really skilled player can still quickly drop enemies.

Ludist210

So I've been playing a lot lately, and my only real complaint is the lack of any sort of browser-server. I wish I could play more easily with groups of friends, but the way the game handles multiplayer matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired.

Also, I've noticed the teams don't rebalance at all after a match. Case in point, I played a lot of Fighter Squadron last night, and the villains won every match. Why? The same top six players were on their team every single match. Teams just swapped sides without balancing them out after the match.

With all that said, the game is still a lot of fun. I just need a better gun (I just hit rank 10).

Ledhead

Ugh, just played imps on hoth walker assault. We did really well and generally stomped the rebs and they still took down both walkers on the final transmitters

Agreed. It's also usually easy to flee a losing encounter if you sprint or duck behind cover. I'm constantly flanking, hiding in foliage and sniping with my head just barely above cover.

So many players recklessly rush into choke points in this game.

MBison

Imperial players on Walker assault need to realize they can take down y wings with ion torpedoes. Would help the "balance".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom