• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wrap my head around this game's weapon damage. Is there drop-off? Why are some guns consistently one or two shotting my ass while I am dropping 10+ E-11 rounds into someone at long range or 4/5 EE-3 bursts?

Also, final part on Sullust as Rebels. Going from 33-8 to 35-22 because it's either AT-AT or Turbo lasers that kill you on spawn and else you just get dicked by the abundance of imperials flooding into your spawn. Come on..

B-Dex

I think extremely close to someone, like literally at someone's feet, should still be lethal. As it is, you can impact the side of a hallway and still get a kill if someone is nearby. Same with barrage, those grenades should have a very small area of effect, and they should make a noise or flash or something.

You can bounce barrage off surfaces. It shows red grenade symbols on each grenade. It explodes in a bunch of sparkles.

Klyka

Banned
I can't wrap my head around this game's weapon damage. Is there drop-off? Why are some guns consistently one or two shotting my ass while I am dropping 10+ E-11 rounds into someone at long range or 4/5 EE-3 bursts?

Also, final part on Sullust as Rebels. Going from 33-8 to 35-22 because it's either AT-AT or Turbo lasers that kill you on spawn and else you just get dicked by the abundance of imperials flooding into your spawn. Come on..

I have no idea man. I ask the same thing.
I have the E-3 equipped. I see a guy stand there. I zoom in and shoot three bursts at him. They all hit. He has half health left. I hear a thud and instantly die. It was the guy I shot and he killed me with an E-3.

Why?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I think hero hunt should be on a rotation thing not whoever kills the hero becomes the hero. That way it actually encourages cooperation.

I honestly get a little sad when I see the end scoreboard and there is a guy with 1600 points and 0 kills because you know he tried his ass off to kill the hero but never quite managed to.

Also the hero icon needs to be like highlighted and bolded on the map when it's available. It's so easy to miss and because of that in my 30+ hours of game time I've only been a hero in actual battles less than 10 times.

The ATST icons and ship icons are fine because they sorta kinda have set spawns, at least I think they do but the hero one just appears wherever.

Getting to be a hero just doesn't feel organic, or like something that you have a decent chance of being.

Also I really wish the game would hide your deaths from you and just display another stat like player level instead. It would keep the overall rage lower and people more focused on getting points not a high KDR.

I don't know if im allowed to post Hot uk deals?

Just a heads up that this is 34.99 at simply games in the uk.

Are you allowed to post links? MMight be a better price for poeple to jump in?

I have the E-3 equipped. I see a guy stand there. I zoom in and shoot three bursts at him. They all hit. He has half health left. I hear a thud and instantly die. It was the guy I shot and he killed me with an E-3.

Why?

Pretty much. The EE-3 also has this amazing tendency to leave people on virtually 2/3 health and then you get screwed over for whatever reason.

Impact grenades and barrage (now that more people have them) are really giving me a sour experience.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Pretty much. The EE-3 also has this amazing tendency to leave people on virtually 2/3 health and then you get screwed over for whatever reason.

Impact grenades and barrage (now that more people have them) are really giving me a sour experience.

Impact nades bother me more than anything because there is nothing you can do about it really. With barrage I find that the safest thing to do is just jam my jump pack and I can usually survive.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Impact nades bother me more than anything because there is nothing you can do about it really. With barrage I find that the safest thing to do is just jam my jump pack and I can usually survive.
I liked Levelcap's recent suggestions for adjusting explosives. Impacts only a one hit kill if it's a direct shot and the thermal detonator countdown doesn't start until it hits the ground.

I liked Levelcap's recent suggestions for adjusting explosives. Impacts only a one hit kill if it's a direct shot and the thermal detonator countdown doesn't start until it hits the ground.
If you get the right angle you can airburst thermal detonators over enemies behind cover.

prag16

Banned

Why?

This is the type of shit I've been complaining about since launch. Maybe it looks different from his perspective? Maybe there's lag involved? May be on his screen you didn't get off all those shots yet? Who knows.

Extremely frustrating though to pound a dude in the middle of the back with 6-8 on target E11 blasts, only to have him turn on me with the same gun and drop me almost instantly, while still having half his health left. I know I need to get gud. But no, that's not the issue here. How.

Klyka

Banned

Well you CAN do something,you can have Bodyguard rank 2 or 3 equipped.
But you need to have it unlocked AND upgraded which is a grindathon.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

Best is when you see someone running perpendicular from you and as your bolting them they can turn toward you and 1 or 2 shot you and they live.

I always run around in the game thinking I'm always the priority target for the enemy, thinking why didn't you shot this other guy he was closer, of course in reality this is not true :)

Klyka

Banned
I also like surprising a dude from behind in close range,unloading into him and as he is at half health he spins around and one shots me with a DL44. The DL44 even has this super distinct sound so you KNOW you are dead before it even happened.
Like,you hear the DL44 sound and it's over.
For me,I already know I am dead the moment I see a guy with a pistol.

MADGAME

Kind of random but wanted to comment on how I'm both surprised and not surprised at the sheer number of Star Wars themed PSN usernames people have playing this game. I kind of expected it, but every match there are so many.

DavidDesu

Just playing the snow speeder training mission and I wanted to turn the UI off but you simply can't when you need to take down the walkers. I wish they could translate the mini game onto the in cockpit controls. Also wish you could pick and choose more of what UI you want to see, you know let you switch everything on or off individually. Say keep a simple crosshair and radar but nothing else etc.

Hope they make small additions like this.

Oh and a button to switch UI on or off completely when you just want to soak up the visuals without having to go into the menu. Could dedicate one side of the touchpad, or lose an emote as I will NEVER use them.

Klyka

Banned
Kind of random but wanted to comment on how I'm both surprised and not surprised at the sheer number of Star Wars themed PSN usernames people have playing this game. I kind of expected it, but every match there are so many.

I almost died laughing at "DarthAnalVader" topping the kills and then seeing his Half-naked Bondage gear Darth vader avatar on the endscreen.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

It's the same on the Xbox as well, I thought mine was pretty unique being SW related, but in every match there are a few other folks as well. I know you can change your name on Xbox and not on PSN so not sure if that's a factor.

kitch9

Banned

Why?

Lag compensation by the sounds. Online gaming is an illusion mostly. You aren't actually playing directly with others, merely a rough approximation of where they were a fraction of a second ago whilst a complex algorithm jumbles it all into something playable.

Insta deaths are an artifact of that.

Why?

Me too, I complained about this earlier :(

I only get high k/d ratios when I get into an AT-AT or a hero pick up, or else I'm always screwed over. It sucks.

I almost died laughing at "DarthAnalVader" topping the kills and then seeing his Half-naked Bondage gear Darth vader avatar on the endscreen.

LMAO

Nothing better than spotting Rebel scum and shooting them with the SE-something pistol about 2/3 times, they turn around and one shot me with the DL-44.

Also, I keep switching between the EE-3 and the E-11. But damn, some guy two shot me with the E-11 at somewhat medium range. I snag it too, put on explosive shot and I need multiple hits.. whaaaaaaaaaaat.

Should I switch out bodyguard for scout? I kinda like sneaking around and not be thrown into the frontline meatgrinder, but I loved bodyguard for the protection from all these explosion based weapons. And I am kinda worried that scout is redundant because you'll have some guy running past you with guns blazing.

Every time I've tried to take them out they still got their torpedo off before they died. Doesn't matter if it's from the ground or in a fighter.

Thats ok. The real value in shooting them down is that you shorten the DPS phase for the Rebels. Each Y-wing adds around 10 seconds to the DPS phase. That's why you'll see the ring around each Y-wing symbol shrink when each one is called in.

If you shoot down a Y-wing, the remaining time left in the ring icon for that Y-wing will be lost and the next Y-wing, if they have one, will be called in.

Basically, the DPS phase lasts as long as they have icons. You can shorten the DPS phase substantially by shooting down Y-wings. Even if they drop their bomb, you still prevent all of the ground troops, AT-ST's, orbital strikes, etc from having additional time to keep DPS'ng, which is were the real damage comes from.

You can easily cut each DPS phase by at least half if you manage to shoot down the individual Y-wings.

Finally giving this a try with the Steam Controller. Still getting used to it, but I do feel more comfortable than I did with a gamepad. Jury is out if it will be comfortable against PC kb/m users or not.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, same here. There's several in every game.

Nothing better than spotting Rebel scum and shooting them with the SE-something pistol about 2/3 times, they turn around and one shot me with the DL-44.

Also, I keep switching between the EE-3 and the E-11. But damn, some guy two shot me with the E-11 at somewhat medium range. I snag it too, put on explosive shot and I need multiple hits.. whaaaaaaaaaaat.

Should I switch out bodyguard for scout? I kinda like sneaking around and not be thrown into the frontline meatgrinder, but I loved bodyguard for the protection from all these explosion based weapons. And I am kinda worried that scout is redundant because you'll have some guy running past you with guns blazing.

Yeah, and this is ALWAYS the case. They sprint past you into the open, firing until the gun overheats. I stoped asking myself "why would you run there?"

Theorry

Yeah the E11 indeed. I get two shotted from so insane range. Try it myself and always think it sucks and people wont die. I dont know what it is with that gun.

Am I crazy or is that DL-44 stupidly overpowered? It feels like I get hit twice and I'm dead. Oof.

Two bodyshots up to 20 meter or one headshot up to 20 meter.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Well you CAN do something,you can have Bodyguard rank 2 or 3 equipped.
But you need to have it unlocked AND upgraded which is a grindathon.

Naw that's not a real counter, they can still kill you under most circumstances and you're left feeling "well there was nothing I could have done about that except have my bodyguard ranked at 2 for this exact same scenario, never mind the fact I just spawned 10 seconds ago".

mileS

Yeah the E11 indeed. I get two shotted from so insane range. Try it myself and always think it sucks and people wont die. I dont know what it is with that gun.

E11 in my opponents hands = deadly sniper
E11 in my hands = peashooter.

Seems to be one of the best overall guns in terms of working well in any situation. At least others have said, I can't do shit with it for some reason :/

E11 in my opponents hands = deadly sniper
E11 in my hands = peashooter.

yup, nothing worse than emptying a gun into someone's head, then dying and seeing the guy who killed me with one shot from the same gun has full health.

I like the game, but shit like that frustrates the hell out of me.

Theorry

Holy crap.

ruUZE4b.gif

lol, what's the point of the AT-ST on Tatooine? Some guy planted a vehicle turret in the mountains and I get destroyed by something I can't hit from the get-go. Also, the missiles seem to do absolutely jack shit to A-wings.

mileS

Supremacy is insanely hectic and kind of not fun once everyone is leveled up.

I think once more and more people hit 50 the game will change quite a bit. Yeah you have most of your unlocks before that, but that's the time when you start mass spending creds on star card charges. People use them pretty sparingly right now on PS4. For better or worse we will see how it is, I just look at it being another way to adapt. Game is still insane amounts of fun for me despite all the downfalls, many of which will get fixed.

Hey guys,

A weird thing happened to me last night when playing Walker Assault on Sullust. I was flying in an A-Wing when I collided with the ground and glitched out of my vehicle and became a ground trooper again. This was all well and good until I realised that I was also invincible and had no way of exiting to the menu via the Options button...

Thanks to the PS4's share functionality you can now enjoy the video of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHfb_3DjvpA

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sooo, couldn't help myself. Double dipped on the PC version to go along with my PS4 version.

God this game look amazing at native 4K. The assets were already nigh perfect, it was just the (albeit already good) IQ of the PS4 version holding it back from looking like a movie.

Now I just can't decide if I like playing with TXAA or without.

At 4K jaggies are not really ever visible aside from things like the Tie Fighter wings at the main menu. With AA on, there are no jaggies, anywhere, ever. But it is decidedly softer.

Bog

Junior Ace
Hey guys,

A weird thing happened to me last night when playing Walker Assault on Sullust. I was flying in an A-Wing when I collided with the ground and glitched out of my vehicle and became a ground trooper again. This was all well and good until I realised that I was also invincible and had no way of exiting to the menu via the Options button...

Thanks to the PS4's share functionality you can now enjoy the video of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHfb_3DjvpA

Known bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom