• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Holy crap.

ruUZE4b.gif

Yeah, they have some serious work to do fixing these spawns, there needs to be a redline area

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why am I so bad at this? I feel like I can't kill anyone before they kill me. Tips pls.

Should I like not use ADS or something?

Moozo

I hate the health bars. My aim always goes to shit once I know they're one shot from dying. (Or my gun seems to do half the damage once they're under 1/3 health)

xxl30001

Banned
The DL-44 is so powerful holy shit. Easily coming first in every blast match I'm playing. If you react fast enough you can literally 3 vs 1 at close range as long as they don't have that shotgun. It has powerful mid-range too with excellent firerate.

vypek

Why am I so bad at this? I feel like I can't kill anyone before they kill me. Tips pls.

When I used to do well I used to only use ADS at long range to get a clearer focus. I think it was mentioned that ADS doesn't actually improve the accuracy of the gun. The problem I'm having is that I stepped away from the game for a few days because I had other obligations and now I can't get any good matches going. I'm getting slaughtered so I'd like some new tips as well.

I used to be incredible with the DLT-19 but I feel like a ton of my shots are missing now.

5taquitos

I would try to lead your shots a little more than you think you should. Also, headshots make a huge difference, and damage drops off significantly at range.

I finally got to to play as a Rebel hero on Endor! Not once, but three times in one game, I got lucky I guess.

Went for Han the third time and well..

We were at the second uplinks and I got between the waterfall and the bunker and I got there right as most if not the entire team spawned.

giphy.gif

I just kept moving forward while shooting everything that moved. Then out of nowhere Vader and an entourage of stormtroopers appeared. I hit Han Solo's spam move and open up on him, he deflects most of it. I overcharge a shot that takes a massive chunk off his health, I am sadly cornered and gunned down by like 5 or 6 stormtroopers (I seriously pissed them off I guess).

Sadly the DVR was still processing another 5 min clip so I cursed like hell, because that was truly the greatest moment I have had in Battlefront yet.

ADS only when it's long range.. even then sometimes it's not that effective because you strafe slower while ADS. Don't aim directly at moving enemies.. lead your target. AIM FOR THE DOME!

Ferrio

Banned

Ya don't use ads unless you need the zoom, it doesn't increase your accuracy at all.

I think map knowledge is probably the most important thing to know in order to stay alive in this game. So just keep playing.

How to fix hero hunt:

-The hero is selected off a rotation of the players so everyone gets to be a hero

-The hero gets 1 minute to go ham, unless he's killed. That way no hero camping in a corner.

-Everyone gets 3 sessions of being a hero so that her to use all once. It'll ends up like this:

Game start
0:00 P1 Han
1:00 P2 Leia
2:00 P3 Luke
3:00 P4 Han
4:00 P5 Leia
5:00 P6 Luke
6:00 P7 Han
7:00 P8 Leia
8:00 P1 Luke
9:00 P2 Han
10:00 P3 Leia
11:00 P4 Luke
12:00 P5 Han
13:00 P6 Leia
14:00 P7 Luke
15:00 P8 Han
16:00 P1 Leia
17:00 P2 Luke
18:00 P3 Han
19:00 P4 Leia
20:00 P5 Luke
21:00 P6 Han
22:00 P7 Leia
23:00 P8 Luke
24:00 Game End

May seem crazy to only have 1 minute each, but it's only reasonable to keep the overall match time from getting absurd. And again, forces the heroes to hunt instead of hide.

Ledhead

I finally got to to play as a Rebel hero on Endor! Not once, but three times in one game, I got lucky I guess.

Went for Han the third time and well..

We were at the second uplinks and I got between the waterfall and the bunker and I got there right as most if not the entire team spawned.

giphy.gif

I just kept moving forward while shooting everything that moved. Then out of nowhere Vader and an entourage of stormtroopers appeared. I hit Han Solo's spam move and open up on him, he deflects most of it. I overcharge a shot that takes a massive chunk off his health, I am sadly cornered and gunned down by like 5 or 6 stormtroopers (I seriously pissed them off I guess).

Sadly the DVR was still processing another 5 min clip so I cursed like hell, because that was truly the greatest moment I have had in Battlefront yet.

Hahahaha, I did the exact same thing playing Han on Jundland wastes. I was cruising on my lonesome through some caves, picking off troopers here and there. I turned a corner and ran into 7 or 8 stormtroopers are running full sprint towards me. I didn't last long

ADS only when it's long range.. even then sometimes it's not that effective because you strafe slower while ADS. Don't aim directly at moving enemies.. lead your target. AIM FOR THE DOME!

Ya don't use ads unless you need the zoom, it doesn't increase your accuracy at all.

I think map knowledge is probably the most important thing to know in order to stay alive in this game. So just keep playing.

Yeah, don't use ADS if you can help it. It just slows you down and doesn't help your accuracy.

Thanks for these tips, I've been sucking a fair amount too and hopefully keeping these in mind will help me improve (I'd like a positive k/d for once lol)

Striker

For the up close encounters I kept trying to ADS for some reason and I'd die. But I have gotten better at it. Did five games of Drop Zone and won every single one, sweeping the score every time. I do like the smaller maps in this game, even if there isn't many.

Play in 3rd person. You'll have better situational awareness and anticipation. Also, hang back with a pulse cannon to lighten the opposition up before ruling towards an objective/ location.

The DL-44 is so powerful holy shit. Easily coming first in every blast match I'm playing. If you react fast enough you can literally 3 vs 1 at close range as long as they don't have that shotgun. It has powerful mid-range too with excellent firerate.
EE3 with explosive shot does wonders, especially against the DL44

Dr Prob

Banned

As others have said, there's no penalty for hip firing, shooting while strafing, moving around etc. The only thing ADS does is slow you down and make you an easier target. So try to keep moving, aim for the head, play within the range of your weapon, and maybe try third-person (outside of really close quarter stuff where cover can interfere with your aim) if you haven't already as it seems easier to track your shots that way for some reason. Can take a little getting used to if you're accustomed to other systems.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Then learn to just throw grenades everywhere.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So I just watched Episode II again, Genosis would just be an awesome location for Battlefront.

Clone Troopers versus Droids
Yoda versus Count Dooku
They both have some really cool vehicles

We probably won't see it in this Battlefront game, but it really would be a match made in heaven.

Klyka

Banned
Wait so....the hero tokens always spawn in the exact same spot on the map?

So people literally do nothing else than sit where they spawn and then play as a hero getting billions of kills?

God this game is so fucking dumb.

Kingsora

How to fix hero hunt:

-The hero is selected off a rotation of the players so everyone gets to be a hero

-The hero gets 1 minute to go ham, unless he's killed. That way no hero camping in a corner.

-Everyone gets 3 sessions of being a hero so that her to use all once. It'll ends up like this:

Game start
0:00 P1 Han
1:00 P2 Leia
2:00 P3 Luke
3:00 P4 Han
4:00 P5 Leia
5:00 P6 Luke
6:00 P7 Han
7:00 P8 Leia
8:00 P1 Luke
9:00 P2 Han
10:00 P3 Leia
11:00 P4 Luke
12:00 P5 Han
13:00 P6 Leia
14:00 P7 Luke
15:00 P8 Han
16:00 P1 Leia
17:00 P2 Luke
18:00 P3 Han
19:00 P4 Leia
20:00 P5 Luke
21:00 P6 Han
22:00 P7 Leia
23:00 P8 Luke
24:00 Game End

May seem crazy to only have 1 minute each, but it's only reasonable to keep the overall match time from getting absurd. And again, forces the heroes to hunt instead of hide.

First of all that's an incredible long game. And second of all it wouldn't be Hero hunt, because why would you bother trying to get yourself killed by the hero? Everyone would just hide if the Hero has a 1 minute timer. Also it's absolutely not fun anymore when you got your last time as a Hero and still have 10 minutes to play without having anything to win or achieve.

I agree that the mode could be better, but this just wouldn't be the solution.

TVexperto

So people literally do nothing else than sit where they spawn and then play as a hero getting billions of kills?

Is there a map / list so that I can see where they spawn? I never get one / dont know where they spawn.

Kingsora

Pretty sure it doesn't always spawn in the exact same location. It spawns on different places every time. The places however are always the same I noticed. But just sitting and wait for the Hero token to spawn wouldn't be helpfull, because maybe that time the Token spawns on another spot.

mileS

have to remember its a wiki guide.

after playing the game for quite a while now I can confirm that they spawn on at least 3-4 different locations (per map). Knowing them makes a huge difference but in no ways does it mean you can sit there and expect to get it 100% of the time.

So I just watched Episode II again, Genosis would just be an awesome location for Battlefront.

Clone Troopers versus Droids
Yoda versus Count Dooku
They both have some really cool vehicles

We probably won't see it in this Battlefront game, but it really would be a match made in heaven.
It would be a good map. But if they bring it in with other prequel stuff, like Utapau, the Jedi Temple, and Kashyyyk (wookies v troopers!), I would love it wholeheartedly.

I think the biggest problem is the lack of customization and lack of weapons. More options need to be implemented before moving into complete new territory in the Star Wars universe.

have to remember its a wiki guide.

after playing the game for quite a while now I can confirm that they spawn on at least 3-4 different locations (per map). Knowing them makes a huge difference but in no ways does it mean you can sit there and expect to get it 100% of the time.
This is legit.

Tokens will disappear once two people have picked them up. Also, good luck camping behind enemy lines. I see the system now as the equivalent to the way power weapons work in Halo competitive modes.

I've rarely seen one player play as the hero for an entire match, and it's still pretty rare to see one player consistently play as a hero in repeated matches. There are too many variables as is before people star demanding random locations. We need more weapon variety and better weapon balance first.

Vitor711

Holy dick - the Falcon is unbalanced as f*ck in fighter squadron. Fuck that noise. It can ram into Slave 1, killing it instantly, and not even dropping below 65% health.

Zomba13

(PC here)

Does anyone else's audio just go "fuzzy" randomly? Like for no reason? Kinda like if the audio connection came loose (which I know it's not because everything else sounds fine and always does and it only happens here).

Kingsora

It would be a good map. But if they bring it in with other prequel stuff, like Utapau, the Jedi Temple, and Kashyyyk (wookies v troopers!), I would love it wholeheartedly.

I think the biggest problem is the lack of customization and lack of weapons. More options need to be implemented before moving into complete new territory in the Star Wars universe.

I don't exactly agree with the Customization part, what do you expect then? Silencers or scopes on laser rifles? :p

More weapons would be really cool, but I think the basic weapons isn't really a problem. While some extra would be nice, I don't think they can really add a lot more weapons that would feel different from the current ones.

However more options to the Star Card would be nice, even if they would add more things out of the prequels. When it comes to weapons and vehicles the prequels are far more interesting then the OT.

But does it Uncharted 3 Tree?

uncharted-3-ps3-texture-screenshot.jpg

jk

Can someone explain to me how the FUCK! The Rebel vs Imperial air battle is balanced?

I just played 2 games of Walker Assault.

I went 15 kills 0 deaths as an A-Wing and fucking wrecked so much damage it was crazy, for example I came so close to killing a ton of AT-ST's and turrents and damaged the ground force heavily, I came 1st overall in the game and that was my first time ever in Walker Assault :)

I then got switched to Imperial and tried to do the same, only to discover the Tie Figthers are made of fucking paper. I got 0 kills from 6 attempts in a Tie fighter, each time being roasted by an X-Wing immediately.

You can't evade as well as the X-wings, you don't have as much health either.

What is the advantage of being the Imperials in the air? A quick burst of speed so you can?.....get a little head start of the X-Wing you can't shake before you die to what feels like 3-4 shots?

EDIT: Didn't see spoiler tags.

And that's Uncharted 1.

Digby

Neo Member
(PC here)

Does anyone else's audio just go "fuzzy" randomly? Like for no reason? Kinda like if the audio connection came loose (which I know it's not because everything else sounds fine and always does and it only happens here).

Yep happens to me too.

prag16

Banned
(PC here)

Yes, but it only happens in menus. Never had it happen during gameplay. Odd.

vypek

I think I might be dropping this game in a few days. I just can't get anything going at all anymore. I used to be able to at least complete games in the top half and now I'm getting death streaks. IDK what changed from beta to actual game for me.

Zomba13

Yes, but it only happens in menus. Never had it happen during gameplay. Odd.

I get it in menus but I think that is when it's connecting to the servers/Origin or whatever and when loading the next map/tallying score but I also get it randomly in matches for no real reason.

Kingsora

I think I might be dropping this game in a few days. I just can't get anything going at all anymore. I used to be able to at least complete games in the top half and now I'm getting death streaks. IDK what changed from beta to actual game for me.

Just play some more; you'll get better. After 10 hours of playing I had a KD ratio of 0,70, now after 30 hours it's about 1,4 and still going up.

Battlefront isn't a game where you need reflexes, but in my eyes you just need to play smart and know the maps really good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The little aesthetic details really bring the imagine together in motion. I love the layered decal effects appropriate for each map, like snow falling on your gun and character when outside in Hoth, or the ash/tar on Sullust staining your boots and pants. Endor's moon and the mud, Tattooine and the dust. Gives characters a great degree of physical presence in the world.

I also really like how on Hoth you can see snow blowing off the top of the AT-AT. Third person animations are great too. Stop, crouch, then start moving and instead of going into a straight crouch walk the character kicks off with the back legs to get into position for movement. Love it.

Hero Hunt is probably one of the most ill conceived MP modes Ive played in years.

Run run run, get a few shots on the hero, die, respawn repeat.

Then when I finally did become the Hero I spawned directly in front of the entire group and die within about 10 seconds.

Whelp....Ill never play that mode ever again.

prag16

Banned
For anyone having issues dropping players in less than 8-10 accurate shots, but are themselves getting dropped in 1-3 constantly with all guns... what do your assist numbers look like?

I think it toned down a little bit, but for a while I had over 70% as many assists as kills, which seems patently absurd. Others on my friend list are mostly more like 25-35% iirc.

vypek

Just play some more; you'll get better. After 10 hours of playing I had a KD ratio of 0,70, now after 30 hours it's about 1,4 and still going up.

Battlefront isn't a game where you need reflexes, but in my eyes you just need to play smart and know the maps really good.

Possibly. It could be that I don't know the maps as well as everyone else but I'm just doing really terrible recently

Boogdud

Only when you pop the shield. Otherwise both die.

I finished a match with 25 player kills including slave 1 (as the falcon) today. I rammed him with shields up and ended the match with 82% health. It only took maybe 7-8% off. Slave 1 is a chump comparatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom