• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished a match with 25 player kills including slave 1 (as the falcon) today. I rammed him with shields up and ended the match with 82% health. It only took maybe 7-8% off. Slave 1 is a chump competitively.

I played as heroes two games back to back today.

Played as the Falcon, you basically can't die I have no idea why it has health.

Just wrecked, Rammed Slave I twice and killed it with Shields.

In the next game I got like maybe 5 kills as slave 1 with everyone attacking me so I suicided so no one got the points for killing me :)

Hmmmm. So I died and then someone threw a concussion grenade thing and while dead I became affected with the whiteish blurry screen and it carried over into my respawn and stayed there. Definitely wasn't hit by the blast while I was alive. Was reading the kill screen on what killed me as it happened.

Also - they need to provide an option to remove the HUGE FUCKING PICKUP DISPLAY that pops up in my face every time I pick one up. Shit is insanely huge and unnecessarily blocks the FOV.

OmegaFax

Hero Hunt is probably one of the most ill conceived MP modes Ive played in years.

Run run run, get a few shots on the hero, die, respawn repeat.

Then when I finally did become the Hero I spawned directly in front of the entire group and die within about 10 seconds.

Whelp....Ill never play that mode ever again.

I feel the same way. It's my least favorite mode. Played it about three or four times and I think I got the trophy for it and never played it again.

Klyka

Banned
I just spawned 5 times in a row in the exact same spot that was directly out in the open on Sullust and got killed by the exact same dude sitting halfway across the map with an E-3 before I could even move more than two steps.

That sure was fun.

You can NOT tell me that the gameplay design part of this game was made by anyone at DICE who has ever touched a Battlefield game before.
I refuse to believe that the people who basically invented this genre of shooters could produce spawn placements this bad.

At this point,I would honestly be happier if the game just spawned you at your end of the unless you partner start. At least then you won't randomly spawn in front of 10 people shooting you.

I just spawned 5 times in a row in the exact same spot that was directly out in the open on Sullust and got killed by the exact same dude sitting halfway across the map with an E-3 before I could even move more than two steps.

That sure was fun.

You can NOT tell me that the gameplay design part of this game was made by anyone at DICE who has ever touched a Battlefield game before.
I refuse to believe that the people who basically invented this genre of shooters could produce spawn placements this bad.

At this point,I would honestly be happier if the game just spawned you at your end of the unless you partner start. At least then you won't randomly spawn in front of 10 people shooting you.
Spawning in this game is a joke, indeed.

Liberty4all

Banned
Why am I so bad at this? I feel like I can't kill anyone before they kill me. Tips pls.

Should I like not use ADS or something?

I find that finding cover and letting people run into your fire helps. Or when pushing forward ALWAYS take the parts of the map with cover. Open areas are death traps.

Experiment with different blasters. Unlike what some say, I feel there is a big difference between how each one feels. Find a blaster that feels right to you.

Also - they need to provide an option to remove the HUGE FUCKING PICKUP DISPLAY that pops up in my face every time I pick one up. Shit is insanely huge and unnecessarily blocks the FOV.
I also find the credits you've accumulated after a match slow, annoying and unnecessarily dragged out. Just display a screen with all the stats on it please ea.

Jaleel

To people bitching about not getting kills, try playing smaller game modes. Droid run for instance. 6v6 is a lot easier then 20v20 and getting shot from fucking everywhere. Srsly. Bounce game modes for more enjoyment.

jackdoe

WTF, can heroes get zones in supremacy?

And these spawn areas need some work. Some of them are moronic.
Absolutely. Which is why a Vader or Luke can completely turn the tide of battle. Their moveset is better equipped to take an active part in capturing points.

MADGAME

Anyone want to get an 8-player GAF group going for either Supremacy or Walker Assault?

Or any game mode, actually. I like it all.

Edit: PS4

Absolutely. Which is why a Vader or Luke can completely turn the tide of battle. Their moveset is better equipped to take an active part in capturing points.

I feel Luke and Boba are best at turning the tide. I haven't seen Vader do as much, mainly because he's not as mobile and tends to get whittled down faster in my experience unless he has Stormtrooper backup. He's the only hero with no escape move, which I think makes him less versatile and survivable than most of the other heroes.

I've seen good Luke and Boba players completely hold capture or uplink points by themselves.

Ferrio

Banned
Leia or Emp are the best for defending IMO. You can get up to 3 people to spawn at your location, all while dropping powerups/shields whatever.

Crosseyes

Banned
I'm ok with the bad spawn occasionally to avoid things like Endor Empire spawns. Spawn, run 30 seconds, trade some shots, die, repeat.

One of the biggest reasons why it's impossible to win Endor as empire in walker assault is the empire spawns a mile away from where the AT-AT walks to giving rebels potshots from their own spawn unopposed.

There's no ticket system or penalty for dying besides a quick wait so I'm perfectly happy with some sub standard spawns in order to keep it from being boring. Most spawns I can run and see action within a few seconds, something I think is wonderful game design.

prag16

Banned
play in third person it's easier to aim
Not when you're against a wall and your head blocks your view, or when you're trying to fire from cover and inadvertently light up the edge of your cover with a dozen bolts while the enemy remains untouched.

So there's an adjustment, but yeah, the FOV difference alone is a huge plus. Not sure I agree "aiming is easier" though.

Not when you're against a wall and your head blocks your view, or when you're trying to fire from cover and inadvertently light up the edge of your cover with a dozen bolts while the enemy remains untouched.

So there's an adjustment, but yeah, the FOV difference alone is a huge plus. Not sure I agree "aiming is easier" though.

i played exclusively third person mode in cod mw 2

Hikami

So I've played for about 25 hours now and It just isn't enjoyable anymore. It was fun at first sure, but then people start to actually unlock stuff. It's just frustrating me more than even Black Ops 3 did. Unbalanced shit everywhere, broken spawns, one-sided game modes, and every death just feels like you died to something cheap instead of being out-skilled by someone else.

Hope they fix all this crap or I'm just done with the game.

LowSignal

Why do the hero vehicles in fighter squadron have so much health? I've seen a squad of 4-5 x-wings/tie fighters shoot at slave 1/millennium falcon for forever and do little damage. Who tested that and thought that would be fun? maybe if they had 60 secs to fly around and respawn in a regular vehicle or lower the health on hero vehicles.

SpyGuy239

For anyone having issues dropping players in less than 8-10 accurate shots, but are themselves getting dropped in 1-3 constantly with all guns... what do your assist numbers look like?

I think it toned down a little bit, but for a while I had over 70% as many assists as kills, which seems patently absurd. Others on my friend list are mostly more like 25-35% iirc.

story of my life ):

Also is there anyway to check stats online in a browser without going in the game ala battlelog?

Laputa_94

Me and a friend just got into a couple of matches in Walker Assult where we dominated the other team. I think there were not as high as a level as me and my friend. (early 40's) poor guys. Even won on Endor as imperials.
lpV3BWhl.jpg

kWqejlwl.jpg

Also heres a photo I took in game that I thought looked nice.
zWVivJSl.jpg

Got this on Monday on Xbox One. My brothers and I are having quite a lot of fun with this. My younger has been playing it pretty much nonstop.

It's really nice to have a modern shooter with splitscreen. It's a blast.

Edit: My younger brother is playing Hero Hunt, and keeps singing, "I will be your hero, baby!" whenever he becomes a hero character. Haha.

First time playing the game since Sunday. Sad to see it absolutely infested with pulse rifles, homing missiles, and people camping out on the tops of ridges. :/

MDave

Thermal Imploder sound effect is so good. I need to get my 5.1 system out of the attic.

The sounds and visuals in this game ...

The more I play this game the more I see the serious problems.

There are just some baffling design decisions here. Most of them have been talked about already...

-Laughable spawns which lead to rampant spawn camping

-2 shot DL-44....just why?

-Infantry homing rocket....WTF DICE....WHY?

-Uber janky hero on hero combat especially saber combat. Basically whoever hits first can just wail away until the other is dead.

-A-wings

There are problems in that game that just shouldnt be there considering that DICE has been making MP shooters since forever.

Im really hoping for a massive first balancing patch.

I think this is still a really fun game. Supremacy is basically conquest and its done pretty well. It's worth experiencing and playing a few hours now and then for his good the visuals and sound are.

T-21B is my new baby. Didn't like it at first but really feeling it now, even in some close quarters engagements (of course where it excels is the mid-long range game).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

There are just some baffling design decisions here. Most of them have been talked about already...

-Uber janky hero on hero combat especially saber combat. Basically whoever hits first can just wail away until the other is dead.

-A-wings

There are problems in that game that just shouldnt be there considering that DICE has been making MP shooters since forever.

You can block with a saber to repel and get an attack in. Though Leia specifically IS able to stunlock really hard with her blaster ability.

Liberty4all

Banned
I feel Luke and Boba are best at turning the tide. I haven't seen Vader do as much, mainly because he's not as mobile and tends to get whittled down faster in my experience unless he has Stormtrooper backup. He's the only hero with no escape move, which I think makes him less versatile and survivable than most of the other heroes.

I've seen good Luke and Boba players completely hold capture or uplink points by themselves.

Emperor is awesome too as a mobile spawn.

-A-wings

I pretty much only use the Bodyguard trait due to all the homing rockets and impact nades. Being able to equip multiple types of grenades is bad game design imo. You should only be allowed one type in a deck.

Blast is my jam.

Finished in 1st place 3 games in a row with around 20 kills per match.

Part of it was using the Jetpack to somehow get behind the enemy spawn points. Seemed like I was killing a lot of people from behind.

Machina

Banned

-A-wings

I think it's coming and soon. They would probably like to do some serious balances before the Jakku update drops. DL-44, A-Wing and Impact Grenades are going to be nerfed from orbit. You can't really nerf the homing missile without breaking its purpose completely, so it will just forever remain a questionable decision.

If they aren't, I will be perplexed.

Impulsor

Hero Hunt is probably one of the most ill conceived MP modes Ive played in years.

Run run run, get a few shots on the hero, die, respawn repeat.

Then when I finally did become the Hero I spawned directly in front of the entire group and die within about 10 seconds.

Whelp....Ill never play that mode ever again.

Hero Hunt is stupid. Yesterday I managed to get the achievement of Winning a match of every game mode and score 10 kills and I think I ain't going back there any time soon.

There's a Diorama that requires you to win 10 matches of every game mode, lol, nope.

Machina

Banned
Hero Hunt is stupid. Yesterday I managed to get the achievement of Winning a match of every game mode and score 10 kills and I think I ain't going back there any time soon.

There's a Diorama that requires you to win 10 matches of every game mode, lol, nope.

Yeah I agree, played Hero Hunt for the first time for the sake of the exp challenge, just to get it out of the way mostly. I won one match by a landslide and played out a dozen others where I was just fodder 90% of the time.

Very unfun, frustrating game mode.

Bastables

I think there is something glitchy in endor walker assault that makes it more ch easier on the Rebels. It seems that the 2nd set of uplinks can direct in 6 or so y wings in one complete circle as opposed to one y wing.

slash3584

I think it's coming and soon. They would probably like to do some serious balances before the Jakku update drops. DL-44, A-Wing and Impact Grenades are going to be nerfed from orbit. You can't really nerf the homing missile without breaking its purpose completely, so it will just forever remain a questionable decision.

Maybe they'll include a star card that makes you non-lockable (like the snowspeeder ability).

Had the most perplexing Cargo match yesterday. No one defended their base on both teams, so it became more of a trading minigame till the end.

Klyka

Banned
To people bitching about not getting kills, try playing smaller game modes. Droid run for instance. 6v6 is a lot easier then 20v20 and getting shot from fucking everywhere. Srsly. Bounce game modes for more enjoyment.

If you don't have the DL-44 unlocked for the smaller maps,you are at an enormous disadvantage, at least on PC.

You can nerf homing shot. Make it so that it wont be a instant kill. Done. Like 80% damage instead of 100%

Both Grenades need a harder nerf. Maybe only 60% damage now instead of 100%. And the radius needs a tiny nerf too.

Something has to happen against the Pulse Cannon too. Got really annoying yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom