• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machina

Banned
If you don't have the DL-44 unlocked for the smaller maps,you are at an enormous disadvantage, at least on PC.

I would argue the 44 isn't the only dominant weapon on smaller, more condensed maps. The Shotgun blaster with explosive shot is absurdly powerful even from moderate to medium ranges.

jorma

is now taking requests
I think it's coming and soon. They would probably like to do some serious balances before the Jakku update drops. DL-44, A-Wing and Impact Grenades are going to be nerfed from orbit. You can't really nerf the homing missile without breaking its purpose completely, so it will just forever remain a questionable decision.

If they aren't, I will be perplexed.

I think barrage, jet pack, the best E- carbine and Luke Skyfucker should be nerfed, those are the things that fuck me over the most at least. And A-wings when flying, yeah.

I only ever get killed by homing missiles once in a blue moon. I do get plenty of kills with it, but i still cannot understand why! It's excellent at zoning off areas though, since ppl will gtfo whenever they get locked.

I don't come across the DL-44 in my killcam all that much tbh, maybe because i'm not high enough level to have unlocked it myself yet? Just one level to go, so perhaps i'll come across it more often by then.

B-Dex

Homing Shot is so easily countered I don't know why there is all this whining about it.

ENEMY LOCKING
ANNOYING SOUND
MISSLE INCOMING
Visual indicator of where it's coming from

Literally 4 warnings and on screen information.

Machina

Banned
You can nerf homing shot. Make it so that it wont be a instant kill. Done. Like 80% damage instead of 100%

If that happens, people will stop using it. I honestly believe the only reason the majority of people are using it is because they know it's OP and an almost guaranteed kill if you catch some poor bozo out with no cover.

People not using it at all sounds attractive I know, but DICE won't agree. Everything in the game has to have a beneficial purpose to save face.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If that happens, people will stop using it. I honestly believe the only reason the majority of people are using it is because they know it's OP and an almost guaranteed kill if you catch some poor bozo out with no cover.

People not using it at all sounds attractive I know, but DICE won't agree. Everything in the game has to have a beneficial purpose to save face.

Well, they seemed content to pretty much neuter the cycler rifle from the beta to launch. :p

Machina

Banned
Well, they seemed content to pretty much neuter the cycler rifle from the beta to launch. :p

Yeah and that was a mild mistake as well. Cycler needed to be nerfed yeah, I know because I played the beta, but it didn't need to be made completely useless. That to me seems as dumb as something being overpowered and all that has happened is the Pulse Rifle replacing it.

jorma

is now taking requests

I think jet packs and some sort of grenade (impact, thermal, barrage) is what the majority of people use. Probably because they know it's OP.

Klyka

Banned
I think jet packs and some sort of grenade (impact, thermal, barrage) is what the majority of people use. Probably because they know it's OP.

Jetpack and Barrage is hilarious.
Or Jetpack and Impact.

Hell, Barrage in general is hilarious. THREE GRENADES at the same time XD

You can nerf homing shot. Make it so that it wont be a instant kill. Done. Like 80% damage instead of 100%

Both Grenades need a harder nerf. Maybe only 60% damage now instead of 100%. And the radius needs a tiny nerf too.

1. Get the bodyguard trait.
2. Survive all grenades and rockets.
3. Kill dirty grenades and rocket spammer.
4. Profit.

Wait so....the hero tokens always spawn in the exact same spot on the map?

So people literally do nothing else than sit where they spawn and then play as a hero getting billions of kills?

God this game is so fucking dumb.

Left a game for the first time yesterday due to an opponent just continuously Hero token camping, He was a Hero on the map at least three times in succession...

And I mean at least.

It got beyond the joke.

;-/

Maybe they'll include a star card that makes you non-lockable (like the snowspeeder ability).

Had the most perplexing Cargo match yesterday. No one defended their base on both teams, so it became more of a trading minigame till the end.

Smoke grenades prevent lock-on, they are really useful for WA, but nobody uses them. Nobody wants to give up ways to kill people and help your team instead.

jorma

is now taking requests
Jetpack and Barrage is hilarious.
Or Jetpack and Impact.

Hell, Barrage in general is hilarious. THREE GRENADES at the same time XD

Yeah, i unlocked barrage yesterday and played the desert map with it. So dirty in those rocky crevasses. :)

Tuffty

Yeah I agree, played Hero Hunt for the first time for the sake of the exp challenge, just to get it out of the way mostly. I won one match by a landslide and played out a dozen others where I was just fodder 90% of the time.

Very unfun, frustrating game mode.

Absolutely. My first time playing it I got super lucky and became Leia and went on to get a 50/3 KD ratio. Every other time since has been frustration upon frustration of just trying to be the hero. I've had so many experiences of finding a hero and blasting them, throwing grenade, homing rocket, doing most of the damage to them only for someone to get a number of final shots in and they become the hero.

To me, you fix it by either setting the next hero to be the one who deal the most damage to them overall, they do keep a track of that statistic after all, or you rotate heroes through everyone in the match so everyone has a shot at being the hero and creating a more even playing field.

heringer

I would argue the 44 isn't the only dominant weapon on smaller, more condensed maps. The Shotgun blaster with explosive shot is absurdly powerful even from moderate to medium ranges.

You can still do great with the second more powerfull pistol (forgot the name) too, but the DL-44 does need a nerf indeed. I'm always afraid of too much nerf requests though, because there's a risk they will nerf too much and make the weapon useless.

Homing shot really shouldn't be nerfed. Like, at all. I'm surprised people still can't deal with them. If they nerf it might as well remove from the game because nobody will use if if it isn't a one shot kill.

Machina

Banned
Absolutely. My first time playing it I got super lucky and became Leia and went on to get a 50/3 KD ratio. Every other time since has been frustration upon frustration of just trying to be the hero. I've had so many experiences of finding a hero and blasting them, throwing grenade, homing rocket, doing most of the damage to them only for someone to get a number of final shots in and they become the hero.

To me, you fix it by either setting the next hero to be the one who deal the most damage to them overall, they do keep a track of that statistic after all, or you rotate heroes through everyone in the match so everyone has a shot at being the hero and creating a more even playing field.

I think the latter option sounds good. Relying on damage dealt just encourages more use of OP explosives then all of a sudden the hero becomes unfun.

You can still do great with the second more powerfull pistol (forgot the name) too, but the DL-44 does need a nerf indeed. I'm always afraid of too much nerf complaining though, because they just might make the weapon useless with a nerf and that's also not good.

Homing shot really shouldn't be nerfed. Like, at all. I'm surprised people still can't deal with them.

Probably talking about the SE-14C, it's pretty good, like really good. Video explaining why it's so good. I use it over the DL-44.

Symphonia

Banned
So I've played for about 25 hours now and It just isn't enjoyable anymore. It was fun at first sure, but then people start to actually unlock stuff. It's just frustrating me more than even Black Ops 3 did. Unbalanced shit everywhere, broken spawns, one-sided game modes, and every death just feels like you died to something cheap instead of being out-skilled by someone else.

Hope they fix all this crap or I'm just done with the game.
So you refuse to play because other people are playing more and earning rewards for doing so? OK, sure.

heringer

Why don't we just nerf the entire game?

I think the weapons are very balanced, it's pretty fine the way it is.

Overall I do agree the weapons are well balanced, aside from one or two duds.

But the DL-44 is a bit too much. Lowering it's fire rate a little would be enough, imo.

Dr Prob

Banned
Everyone knows how to avoid being killed by the Homing Shot! That's not the issue. It's annoying because people using it can lock down certain lanes and affect traffic just by poking their heads out a bit and looking in a direction.

heringer

Everyone knows how to avoid being killed by the Homing Shot! That's not the issue. It's annoying because people using it can lock down certain lanes and affect traffic just by poking their heads out a bit and looking in a direction.

I don't see it as an issue that needs to be rectified.

Machina

Banned
Tried supremacy for the challenge. Man, if you get a bad team in that mode, you're fucked no matter how well you perform individually.

That's how team based modes are supposed to be.

Exactly. I crack the shits in chat every time it's obvious a team is back on its heels while the top 4 players are north of 50 kills and contributing nothing. DICE nailed the execution of the mode itself. The problem is people.

Ferrio

Banned
Fighter Squadron is straight up broken right now, it's pretty ridiculous. Fuck the lack of maps or whatever, if Dice doesn't fix some of these glaring balance issues soon that will kill the population. Both that and hero hunt need some big tuning.

heringer

Yeah, especially when it's no shuffle and you get stuck on team 'I have no clue what the fuck I am doing' unless you back out.

That is indeed a problem. There should be rebalancing after matches. Hopefully they will fix that.

But the fact that a bad team always loses shouldn't be a surprise.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I signed up for a GameFly trial so I could keep playing. I'm not letting financial burdens stop me from enjoying my first shooter since Metal Gear Online 2. I am so buying this when I can.

Been using the PSN account JeffZeroTheHero, but I'm going to buy a $10 PSN card from Walmart tomorrow and switch back to my main account. Add JeffJaqi!

Scout is phenomenal btw. I went from sucking to holding my own immediately. I play to my strengths, sneaking around and waiting on you to stumble about, and then -- pow! -- I shoot you. So fun.

Memory

Fighter Squadron is straight up broken right now, it's pretty ridiculous. Fuck the lack of maps or whatever, if Dice doesn't fix some of these glaring balance issues soon that will kill the population. Both that and hero hunt need some big tuning.

Have not played in a couple days due to overtime at work, what's been broken?

heringer

The issue with Battlefront is, the game doesnt even try to get you some competent team mates...

I had this issue yesterday. Had to switch the lobby 3 times or so to finally get a fun match.

Indeed it is an issue. But at least it's a very easy to solve issue.

If my bad team could win a match because I did really well, then that would be a much harder issue to fix.

Screenshot-Original.png

Couldn't even get a single uplink online at the second segment. Jeesh..

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
A Trait card shouldnt be the solution to obviously unbalanced stuff...

But what would you do then? When you use Homing shot you are already a sitting duck and reducing it's damage to 80% would make the weapon completely useless. They already reduced they Cycler Rifle that was fun to use.

In the last three pages people are also complaining about the DL-44 , Pulse rifle, the grenades, Barrage, Hero Hunt, Fighter Squadron, Walker Assault, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, ...

All because they probably get killed a couple of times by something, so it should be balanced. While using a lot of the above things also requires skill. Maybe some players are just good with a certain weapon or Hero?

Ferrio

Banned
Have not played in a couple days due to overtime at work, what's been broken?

A-wings are just too OP. The rebels already have an advantage IMO due to their shields. That alone isn't bad enough, but then you compound that with A-wings fucked up hurt box and it's just a massacre. Your shots just don't register most of the time on them, and if they do they'll put up their shields. To make matters even worse the Falcon is better than Slave 1, and is damn near unstoppable.

If your team loses as the Rebels on Fighter Squadron your team is really really bad.

shmoglish

Finally a shooter where my K/D is positive from the beginning (and still is positive). But my W/L is horrible. Only playing blast (will try out the other modes at the weekend), but so far I have a W/L ~ 20% w and 80%.

Memory

A-Wings are way too good and the hero ships are basically invincible is what I always hear.

A-wings are just too OP. The rebels already have an advantage IMO due to their shields. That alone isn't bad enough, but then you compound that with A-wings fucked up hurt box and it's just a massacre. Your shots just don't register most of the time on them, and if they do they'll put up their shields. To make matters even worse the Falcon is better than Slave 1, and is damn near unstoppable.

If your team loses as the Rebels on Fighter Squadron your team is really really bad.

Slave I is not invincible. Oh no it isn't... The Falcon, on the other hand. Lol.

Ah yes the Falcon is indeed OP, i've only used it once but I ended up with no deaths that whole match and i got it at the start lol. On the plus side you get tons of points for damaging it. Slave is not that bad but still not worth the effort to kill since it takes so long and needs a few players to focus it.

Have not noticed A-wings being a problem to kill personally but I do seem to live a lot longer when I use them compared to X-Wings.

I'm hoping a balance patch is indeed in the works along with a new map for Jakku.

Dr Prob

Banned
I don't see it as an issue that needs to be rectified.

It's not exactly keeping me up nights either, just that when it's brought up here the discussion seems to focus on how easy it is to avoid being killed by it as if that were the worst and only outcome when the reality is actually far worse.

Just for the sake of discussion, would you like to see more weapons like the Homing Shot?

Ferrio

Banned
I don't mind homing shot, it has multiple ways to counterplay it. Yes it's strong, but so is pretty much every other card.

heringer

It's not exactly keeping me up nights either, just that when it's brought up here the discussion seems to focus on how easy it is to avoid being killed by it as if that were the worst and only outcome when the reality is actually far worse.

Just for the sake of discussion, would you like to see more weapons like the Homing Shot?

Like the Homing Shot in what way?

I wouldn't ask for more weapons like the Homing Shot, but I wouldn't want it to be nerfed or removed either. It's fine as it is now, imo. I would also bring the Cycle Rifle back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom