• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BokehKing

Banned
Oh, that.

What is more infuriating are teammates who are so blind they don't realize there's people up there!

Seriously. Blind teammates are the most annoying thing in any game.
Yeah this game could have benefited from a 'spotting' mechanic like battlefield

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah this game could have benefited from a 'spotting' mechanic like battlefield

Well, from what i recall from Battlefield, people where blind there as well, whether or not you used the spotting mechanic...
I recall the countless times when my teammates kept dying to enemy snipers i spotted for them... And having to switch to a sniper class and do some long-range counter-sniping.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Is it just me or is Hero Hunt the worst multiplayer mode ever created? I'm trying to get the trophy for a win in every mode because I'm an idiot, but HH is the only one I have left and I'm not sure I'll ever eke out a win there. Landing the last hit on the hero is such a crapshoot given how fast they can kill you, and then every time I become a hero I barely have time to get a handle on their abilities before I eat it since everyone in the match is gunning for you. I managed to lead one match with 16 kills for most of it, but then lost out to someone who got close to 30 in the last few minutes. Looking at how many HH matches I've seen end with a third to half of the players on the list with 0 kills, it seems like a pretty poorly balanced mode in general.

EDIT: Clicking back through the last few pages, I see I'm not alone.

adj_noun

Is it just me or is Hero Hunt the worst multiplayer mode ever created? I'm trying to get the trophy for a win in every mode because I'm an idiot, but HH is the only one I have left and I'm not sure I'll ever eke out a win there. Landing the last hit on the hero is such a crapshoot given how fast they can kill you, and then every time I become a hero I barely have time to get a handle on their abilities before I eat it since everyone in the match is gunning for you. I managed to lead one match with 16 kills for most of it, but then lost out to someone who got close to 30 in the last few minutes. Looking at how many HH matches I've seen end with a third to half of the players on the list with 0 kills, it seems like a pretty poorly balanced mode in general.

I'd suggest doing the single player Hero battles to practice your heroes, and use one of the rapid fire guns w/explosive shot to zap the heroes in the back when possible. It can take (a lot of) time, but eventually you might get a couple good Luke runs and snag it.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Just watched Episode III again.

There are some fantastic locations that would totally work for this Battlefront, like Kashykk. Droids versus Clones and Wookies. There were also some really cool vehicles.

But especially the Jedi temple would be very cool location. Imagine attacking with 30 clone troopers battling against 5 to 10 Jedi That would be beyond epic.

latest

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Not just you, the mode is just mind boggling. One of the offline/co-op modes lets you play as any Hero so you can try to get a feel for them there so you're atleast comfortable with the abilities, but there's not much advice to actually BECOMING the hero aside from being at the right place at the right time. And the explosive ammo card, I guess.

I joined the mode with a friend and we took turns doing suicide charges towards eachother when we would became the hero because I am also an idiot that wanted to get one win then bail on the mode.
no regrets

zeitgeist

So one of my challenges is to kill 10 Airspeeders (Snowspeeders I'm guessing) but I can't find the map they are on. I've been doing Supremacy on Hoth but it is just A Wings and X Wings.

Where are the Airspeeders at?

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
I'd suggest doing the single player Hero battles to practice your heroes, and use one of the rapid fire guns w/explosive shot to zap the heroes in the back when possible. It can take (a lot of) time, but eventually you might get a couple good Luke runs and snag it.

Yeah, that's the best option, but I've come to resent HH so much that at this point if I can't learn how to play the mode just by playing the mode, I'd kinda rather not bother haha.

How do the saber characters block blaster fire? I've seen others do it but haven't figured it out myself -- is it one of the shoulder button abilities or do you just regular attack into blaster fire?

adj_noun

The best is when you get your one win in every mode and the achievement doesn't pop.

...and then, days later, it activates while you're watching Youtube.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How do the saber characters block blaster fire? I've seen others do it but haven't figured it out myself -- is it one of the shoulder button abilities or do you just regular attack into blaster fire?

Yeah, I think it's left shoulder button. You have a limited amount of "block" to use.

Kingsora

Yeah, that's the best option, but I've come to resent HH so much that at this point if I can't learn how to play the mode just by playing the mode, I'd kinda rather not bother haha.

L2 on PS4

B-Dex

The best is when you get your one win in every mode and the achievement doesn't pop.

...and then, days later, it activates while you're watching Youtube.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I think it's left shoulder button.

I've been most kills on Blast 3 times. Still no trophy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Hold L2/LT to block. There's a circle that drains but blaster shots deflect while it's active.

Block also works when another saber user is attacking, it'll repel and stun them.

edgefusion

i gotta admit, game is an absolute marvel audiovisually, like legit fucking amazing even to a cynic like me. so yeah.. excellent job DICE!

but.. i suck HARD :( really depressing to play when it's death 3 seconds after spawning in Walker Assault. again and again and again. why is there always an invincible Skywalker asshole around the corner? why are there homing rockets? why does everyone have infinite nades? why can i never control vehicles? and when i finally do why do i get shot to pieces instantly?

argh so frustrating. maybe im too old for this, probably should just give up.

I'm in the same boat! Actually glad to hear I'm not the only one. I played blast and did pretty well but in all the other game modes I get crushed repeatedly from the moment I spawn. I'm returning it to the shop this weekend because of it. As amazing as the game can be I'm just too bad at it for it to be any sort of fun.

Kingsora

I'm in the same boat! Actually glad to hear I'm not the only one. I played blast and did pretty well but in all the other game modes I get crushed repeatedly from the moment I spawn. I'm returning it to the shop this weekend because of it. As amazing as the game can be I'm just too bad at it for it to be any sort of fun.

I am guessing that you are bad in every shooter? Because I think Battlefront is really casual/noob friendly so that every can have fun with it.

In COD or Battlefield when you aren't good, it just is not fun anymore.

Naudi

Banned
I cant get enough of fighter squadron, glad i finally tried it out lol. I got 45 kills and 2 deaths in 3 matches. Only downside is how short the maps are and how unstoppable falcon is.

edgefusion

I am guessing that you are bad in every shooter? Because I think Battlefront is really casual/noob friendly so that every can have fun with it.

I don't play shooters regularly, but I'm a big fan of Destiny which I do prerty well in and find enjoyable. It's stark contrast to how terrible I am at battlefront. Literally all I do is die, it's very unfun.

So one of my challenges is to kill 10 Airspeeders (Snowspeeders I'm guessing) but I can't find the map they are on. I've been doing Supremacy on Hoth but it is just A Wings and X Wings.

Where are the Airspeeders at?

The one with lava... forgot the name. Also the snow one. But that's in Walker Assault, where you have to use the speeders to take down the AT-ATs.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I don't play shooters regularly, but I'm a big fan of Destiny which I do prerty well in and find enjoyable. It's stark contrast to how terrible I am at battlefront. Literally all I do is die, it's very unfun.

I think what makes battlefront especially hard is it really tests your awareness. You can't really just run around and shoot things and expect to do well. Going out into the open is going to get you killed by one of 30 different things. I find I do best on maps where I can take it slow and stick to the edge to pick people off while hovering around the objective so I know where enemies are going to filter into, like sullust and tatooine. It's also why I suck really hard at Hoth, especially on supremacy because the last point is always really open so you're just dying all the time.

PSOreo

I'll say Just Cause 3.

I love the gameplay in Battlefront but honestly after playing it a fair amout I'm rather bored with it.

I would go for Just Cause 3. Wait for Battlefront to have more maps.

Honestly, I'd wait it out. See what DICE does as far as balance and exactly what gets added at the start of December. If you like what you see from them then I'd jump in. It is an extremely fun game and most of the glaring faults(a-wing/dl-44/spawns) can be easily patched.

I had to put the multiplayer down for a couple of days once I hit Rank 50 because the spawns in Drop Zone(especially Dune Sea Exchange) made me rage.

Thank you, I really appreciate the honesty! Just Cause 3 it is then.

Nyx

In BF I can capture bases (Conquest), drop med packs, revive teammates, spot enemies, drop ammo packs, transport people in a vehicle, to name a few things next to shooting.

My KD ratio in BF4 is 0.56 or something but I've been top capturer many times, in Battlefront I have a much harder time helping my team.

arimanius

In BF I can capture bases (Conquest), drop med packs, revive teammates, spot enemies, drop ammo packs, transport people in a vehicle, to name a few things next to shooting.

My KD ratio in BF4 is 0.56 or something but I've been top capturer many times, in Battlefront I have a much harder time helping my team.

Well you don't have as many options besides capturing in battlefront to help your team. I do wish battlefront was more like battlefield but seems they went a more casual way.

Nyx

Well you don't have as many options besides capturing in battlefront to help your team. I do wish battlefront was more like battlefield but seems they went a more casual way.

True and it's probably my lack of map knowledge but I feel that in BF4 I have a lot more routes to bases, if it's busy on route 1 to base A f.e. I can go to other bases or have alternative routes to base A.

In Supremacy in this game I feel that there's just 1 or 2 ways to get to a capture point and if the enemy team is decent enough those routes are blocked and it feels like I'm just dieing over and over and over.

mileS

It certainly does. But It still helps the DL 44 a lot.

Gonna disagree here. It brings the shot dmg from like 51 to around 75. Basically meaning you still need a short range headshot or 2 body shots to kill. Explosive shot is kind of a terrible choice for the DL 44.

Gonna disagree here. It brings the shot dmg from like 51 to around 75. Basically meaning you still need a short range headshot or 2 body shots to kill. Explosive shot is kind of a terrible choice for the DL 44.
Explosive shot is only good for burst and high ROF weapons.

vixlar

This. I'm not good at shooting, but I like Battlefield series because I keep all the game reparing vehicles. After some rounds the pilots look for me as passenger. I make a lot of points just for that. I try to play the ojectives, and it is rewarding. Or spotting and pokeballs, always the proper recon tasks, not sniping.

I love Battlefront, it is really fun, but it makes me sad that even with objectives, all the game is centered in kill kill kill.

Finally got Lvl 25 on PS4 :D DL-44 <3

But IMO there is something off with the hit detection and player feedback on PS4.

Sometimes i just die from 1 shot. Or my enemy is just eating etc.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The DL-44 is insanely stupid to play against.

Yep, the only way to really deal with the DL-44 is by using the DL-44 or the EE-3 and staying farrrr away from everyone. I think if the DL-44 had it's accuracy over long ranges toned the hell down and given more damage fall off at range it would feel better balanced.

This is ridiculously strong, but to be fair there were a lot of easy kills from unaware players he could have gotten with an E-11 as well.

mileS

DL-44 should be a 3 shot kill IMO. Can't nerf it too much. Honestly the more I play the less I think it matters to me. It's slightly overtuned and that's about it in my eyes. The range sucks, it has pretty high recoil and if you don't aim your shots well you aren't going to magically be top 3 or anything. You can still kill someone just as fast up close with the other 2 pistols if you line your shots up. The DH-17 is a monster and if you can line up an upper chest shot so the recoil and spread pulls you towards a headshot, bam easy kill. The SE-14C (burst) can one shot if you hit the full burst up close. Excellent weapon as well.

So when you take a long hard look at it, I think the DL-44 isn't as far and away the best as many say. Not saying it doesn't need a slight nerf to dmg though, I just think it can't be too much. 3 Shot kill would be perfect.

Just think the reception new Christmas players are going to get when they'll have to face DL -44 users, most of the players that started at launch will have it by then, this is not a case of a most experienced players owning noobs because they don't know the maps etc. The DL -44 outshines any other weapon by a mile pain and simple.

Walker Assault is so crushing when you're on a bad team.

Or playing against a really good one.

Frustration-wise, the former is far worse. It's one thing to get schooled, another to watch your teammates completely avoid the objectives.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just think the reception new Christmas players are going to get when they'll have to face DL -44 users, most of the players that started at launch will have it by then, this is not a case of a most experienced players owning noobs because they don't know the maps etc. The DL -44 outshines any other weapon by a mile pain and simple.

In general they should mostly be queued up with other new players I think. But man it's gonna be rough not just because they'll be facing tons of DL-44 wielding murder machines. But map knowledge and awareness is huge in this game because of how quickly you die, and being put into a match where everyone generally knows the flow of the game except you is gonna be painful.

Does anyone play the EA battlefront app? I read you can level up this way but I just seem get cash only and am still stuck on level 9.

Any tips on if this is worthwhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom