• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone figure out how to get the card decks to save? I can save the first deck fine, but the 2nd hand doesn't. Every time. I tried renaming it too, nope. NEW HAND is so frustrating to see when I get in game.

So I'm stuck with either a hand designed for infantry, or one designed for taking down vehicles the whole match.

The 2nd slot is bugged, use the 3rd slot for the 2nd hand.

Klyka

Banned
Man sits at edge of map on endor walker assault with a dl 44 and a pulse rifle being completely untoucheable and goes 79-0

Fuck this, I'm out

CoLaN

Everything in this game seems designed to make sure skill is involved as less as possible, in favour of spammy abilities and op stuff, lol

MDave

The 2nd slot is bugged, use the 3rd slot for the 2nd hand.

Thanks! Playing the PC version I struggle so much to hit the right number keys on my keyboard when in the middle of an intense shoot out to use my cards. Sometimes I forget I have to hit them again after using the pulse rifle or ion missile, to switch back to my blaster. I have to stop moving to hit those keys, which makes me a sitting duck even if its for just a fraction of a second to hit those keys.

I wish I could use a controller for things like that, but use the mouse for aiming, hah.

Kosma

Banned
Yeah, it's ending up as I'd guessed, about like every other MP game. Missed being able to play for a few days, sit down today, now I've gone from hovering around mid-level to bottom-five every match. Ended up dead last on the team just now. Oh well, guess I'll leave it on the HDD so it can sit there as another blown money reminder that I'm no longer able to devote the time to keeping up with MP games anymore.

Just sit back and play to win with the team and not look at your score then you'll get back in the groove

(easier said than done I know)

I felt like you with Blops3 from thw start. This game is much gentler but pick a mode that suits you and don't rush rush rush

Anyone figure out how to get the card decks to save? I can save the first deck fine, but the 2nd hand doesn't. Every time. I tried renaming it too, nope. NEW HAND is so frustrating to see when I get in game.

So I'm stuck with either a hand designed for infantry, or one designed for taking down vehicles the whole match.

Wait until you get to the spawn screen where you hit square. Select your hand from there. It will be there. All of the other screens just show the default hand. It's weird.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
On fire here, killing ever Villain I see.

Really enjoying this, yet to wield a lightsaber though

mileS

Heroes vs Villains is great, but for me it always brings out the worst example of team balance or matchmaking I've seen. I don't think I had a single close match. It's either 5-1 or a total blowout.

Hard to do a shuffle after when you kind of need to play the other side, but maybe a shuffle after it goes through 2 games would help.

CoLaN

The game was fun for the 20 hours i played, but im going back to a balanced game where i actually feel like i kill and get killed because of a good play

Wait until you get to the spawn screen where you hit square. Select your hand from there. It will be there. All of the other screens just show the default hand. It's weird.

Underneath the hand on most screens are left and right arrow buttons. Use them to cycle through the hands other than the default one. I only found it today by accident

LoveCake

You can get more points killing people than gunning for the objective. I went back and forth several games last night on Supremacy, one with my truaty E-11 where I focused on taking nodes and defending and the other just picking everyone off from a distance. The games where I played for straight kills my face was on the leaderboard and walked away with a higher cumulative end of round score count than the games where I played the objective. The game has devolved a bit to just looking for things to kill.

So long as kills are the highest rank on objective based game modes this will probably continue. People need dem kill counts.

There is no "I" in team though that's the point.

This is not CoD it is about completing a mission/task the kill ratio is incidental.

That is how i see it anyway.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Heroes vs Villains is great, but for me it always brings out the worst example of team balance or matchmaking I've seen. I don't think I had a single close match. It's either 5-1 or a total blowout.

Hard to do a shuffle after when you kind of need to play the other side, but maybe a shuffle after it goes through 2 games would help.

yeah we just won 5-0 there, I managed to kill a hero 8 times

game before went 4-4 and we lost though

12309776_414305072099250_2464018548733783825_o.jpg

OmegaFax

I don't think I've had this problem ... Have you tried creating or customizing decks in the Android/iOS companion app? It'll save it and push it to the game the next time you boot up.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Have they secretly updated the game on their side? I can see my party members in the game now, three of us play together but it never highlighted the third player who wasn't a partner till today, now we can suddenly see him in any mode.

Whats the difference between the Tie Interceptor and regular Tie Fighter? Why would anyone choose the Tie instead of the Tie/I.... The interceptor is supposed to be better in everyway

So are we going to have a new thread every day shitting on Battlefront?

^ Christ, I wish I had the time to devote to this game as you do. I've only got 15 hours and 25 levels right now. Curse of being a married adult 9-to-5er. Plus Fallout 4.

So are we going to have a new thread every day shitting on Battlefront?

^ Christ, I wish I had the time to devote to this game as you do. I've only got 15 hours and 25 levels right now. Curse of being a married adult 9-to-5er. Plus Fallout 4.

Haha, every part of my free time I'm spending on it.

It has taken me 46 hours to hit level 47.

Also good thing I don't like F4. : D

Liberty4all

Banned
I love the game personally, also spending every bit of free time playing.

Personally I like the chaos, the crazy kills, items, love it all.

Gave the steam controller another good try this morning. Combination of getting more familiar with maps and unlocking more guns probably are the reason for me performing better, but I do feel like it could be doable on PC. If there was a larger population to more reliably sort accurately based on skill, it'd be perfect. Had a few rounds where I broke middle of the pack, but still am most frequently In The bottom half.

As it stands, I have ok luck if I play very defensively, and stay the hell away from open areas. Long range blaster battles are a death sentence due to the number of shots it takes to drop.

Gyro hasn't been as helpful as I thought it would be. Need to tinker with the sensitivity more.

Ps the blunderbus is love.

Zomba13

I'm soooooooooooooooo over getting killed by the DL-44.

Sucks they give the most powerful gun in the game to the people who paid more.

I'm soooooooooooooooo over getting killed by the DL-44.

Sucks they give the most powerful gun in the game to the people who paid more.

Must be new to dice. The do this every dlc. Release overpowered gun as dlc > patch overpowered gun next patch. Maybe they're just incompetent (doubt it) but I think it's deliberate.

To be fair I don't know the context of the DL 44 though as I haven't kept up with Battlefront.

There is no "I" in team though that's the point.

This is not CoD it is about completing a mission/task the kill ratio is incidental.

That is how i see it anyway.
And? Did you misread my post? I'm talking about how people don't care for objectives and gave a possible reason why. And who mentioned COD? I never compared Battlefront to anything.

I'm saying prioritizing kills in an objective game mode is stupid and people fall right in line with wanting to see their faces as the number 1 guy in that round - which is always the most kills, front and center. Its not incidental if its given the highest priority on the win screen of an objective based mode.

That, along with scoring, does not incentivise objective play, rather, straight kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom