• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten the 'Ackbar's Elite' trophy? (Complete a Survival mission on Master difficulty without dying.)
Wondering what the best mission for that would be.

Hoth Survival is easiest. Directly back from where you start is a room with only one entrance facing the front of the hangar. Get a Blast Cannon from a drop pod and put it in the back of that room facing the entrance and it is a shooting gallery. They all funnel to you and the blast from the cannon constantly stuns them and kills them. You can even take out AT-ST's by just shooting their legs with the Blast Cannon and not even get shot. Easiest Survival of them all.

Yopis

I thoroughly enjoy watching my team mindlessly run into the same bunker entry choke point being spammed by barrage, impact grenades, detonators and blaster fire over and over again. Packs of 8 people or more just getting mowed down. Hilarious really.

I agree with this.

J_Viper

That targeting rifle is a monster holy fuck

Also, I find this way more enjoyable in third-person view, even the targeting seems more accurate. I wonder why that is?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That targeting rifle is a monster holy fuck

Also, I find this way more enjoyable in third-person view, even the targeting seems more accurate. I wonder why that is?
Funny, I've had the complete opposite experience. I can't hit anything nearly as well in third person as in first.

jackdoe

After making the switch to third person, my game has significantly improved. It's ridiculous how much of an advantage it has over first person. Especially since you can ADS and still see your immediate surroundings while doing so.

arimanius

After making the switch to third person, my game has significantly improved. It's ridiculous how much of an advantage it has over first person. Especially since you can ADS and still see your immediate surroundings while doing so.

My enjoyment went up once I switched to solo playing in 3rd person. The first person pov felt to floating to me.

I ride the train a lot, that's why.
I got quite an amount of credits out of it actually, but there were just too many levels based on pure luck.
TJTK0Lo.png

Been playing this, the extra credits are nice, but a lot of it just comes down to luck with the cards you draw. Still a nice little fun game.

Tubie

I keep switching back and forth between the DLT-19 and the DL-44.

With the 44 it seems if you miss at all you're toast. Sometimes I just suck with it, and I just simply go back to the DLT-19 (and as soon as I switch I get constantly 1 hit killed by people using the 44).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, I'm looking into picking this up with an Xbone during Black Friday, and I haven't been following any drama concerning the Season Pass.

It seems like there's a ton of content that's locked? Is it necessary? What's the best way to jump in for the first time?

PSA: Just use your blaster to shoot at airspeeders that are using their towcables. A few hits will bring them off balance and ruin their chances (they crash most of the time). Such a n easy thing to do and I am always the only one doing it for our team.

iLe2q7s.gif

Xwq96g5.gif

0mgA9kf.gif

The EE-3 with explosive shot lol. And I felt no regrets for that last one.

I keep switching back and forth between the DLT-19 and the DL-44.

With the 44 it seems if you miss at all you're toast. Sometimes I just suck with it, and I just simply go back to the DLT-19 (and as soon as I switch I get constantly 1 hit killed by people using the 44).

I was using the DL-44 for a while but I've gone back to the SE-14C, as good as the DL-44 is upclose it really does lose it's advantage at anything medium to long range. My loadout is now:

SE-14C
Jump Pack
Scan Pulse
Barrage
Bounty Hunter

The SE is a OHK if you're CQ and the first burst hits the target. Bounty Hunter has been awesome as well with the random power-up cards it gives you as your score increases, it's saved me a heap of times.

I'm very much a run-and-gunner so it fits my style perfectly.

Among the new modes in DLC I hope for a Blast mode but with the Barrage, jet pack, and DL44 combo banned.

I mean seriously if you run that setup... Just go and play something else please.

This is garbage. Played a match where they had 3 invincible players coupled with the awful, dog-shit terrible spawning. I'm done with it.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Fighter Squadron is so much fun, vut it's just riduculous how short one game is. They should have at least doubled the minimum time for one game

White collectibles are the most bullshit artificial difficulty I've ever seen. I'm just glad I finally looked up what I need to do in the missions for the plat. I was trying to get unstoppable in every mission and was about to pull my hair out

Ferrio

Banned
Just played a handful of rounds of Fighter Squadron, all won by rebels. One match it was a close call, but the rest it was like 200v50. I chased this one A wing around firing constantly at it for a good long time, not a single shot would register as a hit. So fucking stupid.

Tubie

Just played a handful of rounds of Fighter Squadron, all won by rebels. One match it was a close call, but the rest it was like 200v50. I chased this one A wing around firing constantly at it for a good long time, not a single shot would register as a hit. So fucking stupid.

I usually suck at air vehicles in most games (the only thing I could pilot in BF4 was the little bird) and I was doing great the first time I picked an A-wing in Supremacy.

I couldn't believe people were just ignoring it and running past it.

Ferrio

Banned
I usually suck at air vehicles in most games (the only thing I could pilot in BF4 was the little bird) and I was doing great the first time I picked an A-wing in Supremacy.

I couldn't believe people were just ignoring it and running past it.

Probably the smart thing to do honestly. I could of blown up atleast 3 xwings in that time, and I never did blow up that A wing.

Tubie

Probably the smart thing to do honestly. I could of blown up atleast 3 xwings in that time, and I never did blow up that A wing.

Oh I meant the token to get in one on the ground. Fair to say that group was not very good at all, we lost that game horribly. And that was with me keeping the enemy's ATSTs and tie fighters in check with my A-wing.

Man the insane hate campaign this game has drives me absolutely bonkers and makes me sad for the state of gaming. Nobody gives a shit about quality and development difficulties, just only care about pure numbers. Gamers are absolutely obsesseddd with larger numbers, that's all they ever care about. How many things can I wear? How many maps can I play? How many P's is it? How many weapons?! I get it to a point, but it's absolutely obsessive.

People compare it to Battlefield8 and COD19 and get confused why there isnt as many maps.

People were scared that Dice would try to make this too much like Battlefield and make it a hardcore shooter (which it never was) and are now pissed it's not hardcore enough. I remember people rejoiced when they announced you can't aim down the sights and it can be 3rd person... Now I hear people upset that the gunplay is too simple.

Like holy shit. A developer can never win and gamers can be absolutely pathetic. Well they are probably listening and will prioritize quantity over quality next time... And then people will be confused why it doesnt look as good, why is it so buggy, why doesnt it work for the first few weeks of launch.

But gamers want it all or else they cry like kids that got a red DS instead of the blue one.

Klyka

Banned
Man the insane hate campaign this game has drives me absolutely bonkers and makes me sad for the state of gaming. Nobody gives a shit about quality and development difficulties, just only care about pure numbers. Gamers are absolutely obsesseddd with larger numbers, that's all they ever care about. How many things can I wear? How many maps can I play? How many P's is it? How many weapons?! I get it to a point, but it's absolutely obsessive.

People compare it to Battlefield8 and COD19 and get confused why there isnt as many maps.

People were scared that Dice would try to make this too much like Battlefield and make it a hardcore shooter (which it never was) and are now pissed it's not hardcore enough. I remember people rejoiced when they announced you can't aim down the sights and it can be 3rd person... Now I hear people upset that the gunplay is too simple.

Like holy shit. A developer can never win and gamers can be absolutely pathetic. Well they are probably listening and will prioritize quantity over quality next time... And then people will be confused why it doesnt look as good, why is it so buggy, why doesnt it work for the first few weeks of launch.

But gamers want it all or else they cry like kids that got a red DS instead of the blue one.

The problem is the game has neither quantity NOR quality, EXCEPT for the presentation.
Everything else is like a 5/10 game.

I can sympathize with old Battlefront fans, but I still agree that the hate is largely unfounded. This is a game that plays, looks and runs great on all platforms. It also does an excellent job capturing the original Star Wars aesthetic.

All the above mean it is not a terrible game, even though it lacks the content of its competitors and predecessors. It could have been better, but it's by no means awful.

The problem is the game has neither quantity NOR quality, EXCEPT for the presentation.
Everything else is like a 5/10 game.
It doesnt have quality? No? Fallout 4 has no quality but has a ton of quantity. Battelfront is the opposite.

Every single element of this game was made at an extremely high quality and attention to detail: characters, environments, props, sound, animation, music, design, performance, playability.

There are definitly some fundamental issues with some balance and say spawning issues. But everything else is put to a very high standard that eclipses most modern titles, it's just the lack of content that has people whining.

But it is the first game in this new version, it takes time getting there.

Tawpgun

And my final stats are in

el1WEj9.jpeg

What do I do next? Why continue playing of course.

jesus that poopsock

anyway, I find the complaints about this game amusing.

Battlefront 1 and 2 launched with some pretty shallow gameplay and no unlocks or progression.

But I guess we live in an age of video games where you NEED to have a carrot in front of you and enough bars to fill.

Klyka

Banned
Every single element of this game was made at an extremely high quality and attention to detail: characters, environments, props, sound, animation, music, design, performance, playability.

All the bold is presentation and doesn't matter in what I said.
Performance you could theoretically also put into presentation if you want to.
Playability is...the ability to play the game.....so you can do that, yes. It has easy playablity. I can start it and play it.

You are not making a good case for the game XD

Anyway, it's a fun enough romp but if it didn't have the Star Wars license, no one would even look at this.
It has enormous flaws in map design, spawning and balance.

I still like singing "I'm HAN SOLO, SOLO!" though,so that's ok for me me right now.

"Non fun" abilities? That phrase is almost always used to say "I"m losing to something, so get rid of it".

The "non fun abilities" in this game are not even fun to use for the person using them.
There is no fun using homing shot. There is no fun using impact grenade. There is no fun in barrage. There is no fun in explosive shot. There is no fun in having a trait equipped that makes you stronger than a non traited player and grows stronger the more kills you get. There is no fun in 1 or 2 shotting people with the DL44.

If all of those things didn't have a Star Wars coating and I wasn't singing "I'M LOVING CLOUD CITY, I'M HAN SOLO, SOLO" the whole time, this would not be a very fun game

Tubie

My one complaint is that I wish they made this game like Hardline when it comes to unlocks. In Hardline all you need to do is get enough cash/credits to buy the gun or gadget you want. In this game you need to farm both credits and XP to get what you want.

Pastry

Banned
It's gotten to the point that the only way to be competitive on some maps is to use the DL-44 and its bullshit. I just can't understand how hey thought any of this was balanced. Between the constant nade spam, overpowered heroes and weapons it's a shit show.

Beefy

It's gotten to the point that the only way to be competitive on some maps is to use the DL-44 and its bullshit. I just can't understand how hey thought any of this was balanced. Between the constant nade spam, overpowered heroes and weapons it's a shit show.

I have never had that problem and have yet to even unlock the DL-44. I wouldn't call it a shit show either, it needs balancing and spawns fixed, but then it just reminds me how COD used to be back in the day.

Ferrio

Banned
My one complaint is that I wish they made this game like Hardline when it comes to unlocks. In Hardline all you need to do is get enough cash/credits to buy the gun or gadget you want. In this game you need to farm both credits and XP to get what you want.

I would of loved no unlocks, but the game would of got panned even harder I bet.

The "non fun abilities" in this game are not even fun to use for the person using them.
There is no fun using homing shot. There is no fun using impact grenade. There is no fun in barrage. There is no fun in explosive shot. There is no fun in having a trait equipped that makes you stronger than a non traited player and grows stronger the more kills you get. There is no fun in 1 or 2 shotting people with the DL44.

If all of those things didn't have a Star Wars coating and I wasn't singing "I'M LOVING CLOUD CITY, I'M HAN SOLO, SOLO" the whole time, this would not be a very fun game

Then don't use them? No one is forcing you to use any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom