• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machina

Banned
Yep, the young cockheads are out in force during thanksgiving. I just left a Supremacy game where I went 1 and 18, a lot of which were spawn kills or two shot D-44

DICE really need to hurry up and fix this shit because it's making the game intolerable.

MilkyJoe

I shit you not, I must have spawned and been killed within seconds, at least 8 times in a row. Last game I died 21 times for one kill. How is that fun for anyone playing?

Machina

Banned
I shit you not, I must have spawned and been killed within seconds, at least 8 times in a row. Last game I died 21 times for one kill. How is that fun for anyone playing?

I played the beta and the opening few days after launch, and the games were flowing much better then than they are now. Everyone has discovered which weapons are OP and are just abusing the shit out of them while they still can to bolster their K/D.

It isn't even a stereotype to suggest these fuckers have come over from the likes of COD and Battlefield and brought their bullshit with them.

I played the beta and the opening few days after launch, and the games were flowing much better then than they are now. Everyone has discovered which weapons are OP and are just abusing the shit out of them while they still can to bolster their K/D.

It isn't even a stereotype to suggest these fuckers have come over from the likes of COD and Battlefield and brought their bullshit with them.

Agree.

Some of the unlocks made things sadly worse. I hope Dice will do something soon, really soon.

What is the point of unlocks if it's detrimental to the game play going forward. It's a joke. So annoyed right now.

I mean i wouldnt have issues with the unlocks if this things wouldnt change how the game plays.

But now everyone running around with two grenades or homing shot and pulse rifles... its just getting annoying.

Dont get who thought it would be a good idea to have so many instant kill stuff in the game.

Klyka

Banned
Evolve in terms of "That's really fun for 5 hours than it sucks cause it's too hard/too little people etc. pp".
And I don't see that happening here too, Battlefront is that kind of shooter where you hop on for two hours, have the fun of your life (and salt until they fix the issues) and hop off again :D

I will try to get them to buy the game in December :)

btw. how does this stats site pull player numbers if there is no connection to any kind of Battlelog?

Because EA gives the API to their stats stuff and they can pull it from there.
The game still saves all the stats and such and you can look them up for people inside the game.

I still think traits are hilarious in that I have to get kill streaks to make them better XD

What platform? I can always find a full match in any mode on PS4 (NA).
Derp, probably should have included that information, hey? :) I was referring to PC.

I guess that jives with the purchase numbers EA talked about where PS4 was dominating in player counts compared to other consoles and PC combined. I was just surprised that it's already becoming such a challenge to get into a match.

I have the game on both PC and PS4. I can find a match in any game mode within seconds on PS4, but I always have trouble finding matches on PC.

Sometimes I'll find a match first try, but most of the time I spend upwards of 5 minutes searching and trying different modes before I find a game. I also get a "disconnected from EA servers" warning a lot.

Freaking annoying. The game already seems totally geared towards consoles with the controls and server browser, I'm thinking lots of PC gamers have just noped out and went back to BF3/4.

Yopis

Why does Battlefield get lumped in with COD so much? Different games imo. People abusing the best weapons is like every shooter since MW4 and training wheel perks were introduced.

Crackbone

I have the game on both PC and PS4. I can find a match in any game mode within seconds on PS4, but I always have trouble finding matches on PC.

Sometimes I'll find a match first try, but most of the time I spend upwards of 5 minutes searching and trying different modes before I find a game. I also get a "disconnected from EA servers" warning a lot.

Freaking annoying. The game already seems totally geared towards consoles with the controls and server browser, I'm thinking lots of PC gamers have just noped out and went back to BF3/4.

This is why I purchased it on PS4 even though I have a really high end rig. The game screamed console release with the lack of server tools.

so TotalBiscuit just done his review

he did not like it.... but of more concern he said there is allready not enough community on PC to find games on other modes (other than Walker Assault + Heros and villians)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtwK6Oe23I

so just be aware if you are thinking about buying the PC version

Curious. . . I'm able to find matches in the gametypes I've tried - cargo, blast, and supremacy. There is certainly a wait though, and I am in NA. Player base is definitely the biggest detractor for this game. Really wish they made all playlists available with AI offline.

Klyka

Banned
http://swbstats.com/

The PC version usually has a 24hour peak of 30k+ people playing.
I never had a problem getting into any mode, not even the smaller ones.

http://bf4stats.com/

Battlefield 4 has a lower peak than Battlefront, but not too far apart.

I think Battlefront will be fine for now with finding matches. You don't really need crazy amounts of concurrent players to fill the matches.
It also depends on where you are located when you are trying to play and what time it is.

FeD.nL

I'm not a 100% sure yet but in Walker Assault I kinda get the idea that the spawns are timer based. Like on Hoth for example, first spawn of the imperials is at the back. Then the spawn switches to the part where you need to fight uphill, and spawns rebels at the top of it close by. After that the spawns switch to the downed AT-AT.

I've played Hoth now a number of times and it seems to happen in this order every time, and other maps it gives it the same feel. Makes the games feel very repetitive and samey. I barely experience unique firefights any more. I really hope we're getting a proper conquest on proper conquest maps, or even better a titan-like mode.

moai

I really like the bowcaster but im not clear how it works. Sometimes is a one shot kill that sends the other player flying and sometimes it only does small damage.

Khasim

Anyone here who's experiencing long queues in Europe on PC? I play almost every day and never wait more than 3 seconds for a match, I play Walker Assault, Blast, Fighter Squadron and Dropzone, occasionally Heroes vs Villains or Hero Hunt, and I've never had to wait except before release when I needed a VPN to play. Will try other modes today just to be sure, but it seems that there's a lot of people playing on PC in Europe.

Also, fuck grenades, especially the barrage skill and impact nades. I might try switching from the Scout trait to Bodyguard just to get rid of all those instakills. What damage reduction are we talking about here? Has anyone measured it? I don't want to waste 7k credits.

Also, I saw that video of someone owning completely with the DL-44 on PS4. It's not like that on PC. I usually get killed by grenades, but when we're talking weapons, I think they're really balanced, because I've never been in a match and said "Everyone's killing me with gun X". Seems like I die to all of them equally.

I just found out that if you have perfect timing, you can basically shoot in one long burst using EE-3 (it overheats really fast though). You need to shoot in really precise, constant intervals, but two bursts from it destroy anyone in close to medium range anyway. I love this gun.

Klyka

Banned
Anyone here who's experiencing long queues in Europe on PC? I play almost every day and never wait more than 3 seconds for a match, I play Walker Assault, Blast, Fighter Squadron and Dropzone, occasionally Heroes vs Villains or Hero Hunt, and I've never had to wait except before release when I needed a VPN to play. Will try other modes today just to be sure, but it seems that there's a lot of people playing on PC in Europe.

Also, fuck grenades, especially the barrage skill and impact nades. I might try switching from the Scout trait to Bodyguard just to get rid of all those instakills. What damage reduction are we talking about here? Has anyone measured it? I don't want to waste 7k credits.

Also, I saw that video of someone owning completely with the DL-44 on PS4. It's not like that on PC. I usually get killed by grenades, but when we're talking weapons, I think they're really balanced, because I've never been in a match and said "Everyone's killing me with gun X". Seems like I die to all of them equally.

I just found out that if you have perfect timing, you can basically shoot in one long burst using EE-3 (it overheats really fast though). You need to shoot in really precise, constant intervals, but two bursts from it destroy anyone in close to medium range anyway. I love this gun.

Never have to wait longer than MAYBE 5 seconds,if it all.
It usually connects me immediately, shows "Looking for full game" or "looking for 80% full game" and then I am in.

I'm only playing Walker Assault and having a blast, thing is I'm not really sure how it works. What is making the AT-ATs vulnerable?

WA has three "rounds" each with two stages. The first stage is when the rebels need to activate the uplink stages. After you turn one on a red bar will start to fill the icon and when it's done your team gets a Y-wing.

The Y-wings are used in stage two where they come in and attack the walkers making them vulnerable. Each Y-wing gives you around 10-15 seconds of vulnerability.

Also the Empire can shoot down Y-wings to decrease the attack time and you even get an achievement for doing it.

What kind of emotes ate you guys rocking?

I'm using the Tusken raider, laugh and Oh Yeah. The Tusken just provides so much utility in both insulting someone you just killed as well as stating your dominance over teammates after picking up a power-up.

Nooooo!, Ion Shock, and Saber Fight

Nooooo! I'll use in the exact opposite situation, when someone gets a pick up before me. Saber Fight I'll bust out whenever I'm defending something and things ger quiet, or if I ever kill Luke. Of course Ion Shock I'll just spam none stop next to the Emperor.

Ugh. So torn on this game. Thinking about doing the deal at Gamestop so I can get $30 off NHL.

Reviews and comments in this OT are so polarizing.

I really like the bowcaster but im not clear how it works. Sometimes is a one shot kill that sends the other player flying and sometimes it only does small damage.
Its a charge gun that shoots in an arc horizontally. The closer to your target the more bullets from that arc can hit. The farther away the more spread the arc becomes.

Ugh. So torn on this game. Thinking about doing the deal at Gamestop so I can get $30 off NHL.

Reviews and comments in this OT are so polarizing.

The game definitely has a lot of balancing issues and a few things are broken.

The core experience is amazing though and if you're looking for a casual and arcadey Battlefield this is the game for you. Play with friends if you can and you'll enjoy the experience a lot more.

This Supremacy spawns really need to be fixd.

Someone from Reddit made this.

sWBldPf.jpg

I noticed that shit too.

Did they 'map' the other maps too? I have navigational issues...

Raptor

Yep, the young cockheads are out in force during thanksgiving. I just left a Supremacy game where I went 1 and 18, a lot of which were spawn kills or two shot D-44

DICE really need to hurry up and fix this shit because it's making the game intolerable.

I havent played at all because of the spawn system, I really love the game that Im waiting to it to be fixed to return to it, I dont want to hate it because of this shit so I dont play lol.

so TotalBiscuit just done his review

he did not like it.... but of more concern he said there is allready not enough community on PC to find games on other modes (other than Walker Assault + Heros and villians)

so just be aware if you are thinking about buying the PC version
Definitely noticed this. Walker Assault, Fighter Squadron, and H&V are the only ones I can consistently find matches with reasonable numbers of players.

It's making it hard to finish challenges involving other match types (yes I know you can pay 500 credits to randomly get a new one).

MADGAME

I would really love to know why your cards don't refresh after death.

Or why they still need a refresh if you use one prior to getting in a vehicle. Use a shield, for example, then instantly spawn a vehicle and stay in it for a long time, come out and your card is just starting the cooldown.

This is exactly why A-wings are broken, jeesh

I am still having a truck load of fun and Jakku is gonna be hitting soon.

I tried the DL-44 for a while, I like it. But honestly, it's only a monster up close. It's got a strange spread to it (it's not always a dead center shot) and recoil. Plus, medium range is like 4 shots and you don't even need to bother for long range. If they nerf its close range, they should make it more viable across other ranges I think. I love the gun and its sound so it would be a shame to see it fall into obscurity after the nerfs.

I mean, the gun balance is pretty tight actually. So far I am not seeing the same blasters over and over again, some more than others, but I generally see like 80% of the various blaster types in a single game.

Still sticking to the EE-3 with explosive shot though.

When the score counter just won't stop

Bumhead

Banned
Just played a game of Walker Assault on Hoth as the Rebels, and our team managed a sum total of ONE Y-Wing on the first phase.

Think we only had 10 across the whole match.

Probably the biggest shitshow I've ever seen in an online game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
but of more concern he said there is allready not enough community on PC to find games on other modes (other than Walker Assault + Heros and villians)

A mate dropped in earlier this evening, around 6pm on a Friday, to give the game a whirl on my PC. I'm based in Australia. First two attempts to find a game of Walker Assault failed. Attempt to find Supremacy failed. Attempt to find Drop Zone failed. Two more attempts at Walker Assault and we finally found a game, with 180+ms ping mind you.

Local community is fucked and the matchmaking is worse. Dreadful for a multiplayer centric game and I'm glad I haven't spent a cent on the season pass.

arimanius

What kind of emotes ate you guys rocking?

I'm using the Tusken raider, laugh and Oh Yeah. The Tusken just provides so much utility in both insulting someone you just killed as well as stating your dominance over teammates after picking up a power-up.

I'm using the ion shock, fist bump, and robot. Every time I kill someone or do something in a cool or owning way I do the robot. Lol

i blame my old destiny habit on this

Klyka

Banned
A mate dropped in earlier this evening, around 6pm on a Friday, to give the game a whirl on my PC. I'm based in Australia. First two attempts to find a game of Walker Assault failed. Attempt to find Supremacy failed. Attempt to find Drop Zone failed. Two more attempts at Walker Assault and we finally found a game, with 180+ms ping mind you.

Local community is fucked and the matchmaking is worse. Dreadful for a multiplayer centric game and I'm glad I haven't spent a cent on the season pass.

Australia always has problems with online communities.
It's a thing I see with every game in every thread.
Sad, really.

dk_

People still don't understand Walker Assault. How is that possible?! I want a proper matchmaking system as I refuse to play with idiots. People go 1-30 without making objectives. WTF!

DavidDesu

I had a game the other night where I got killed three times in a row with the homing shot, which just feels cheap. It's frustrating. The limited weapons in the beta really helped it feel like a better playing experience, and more genuine to Star Wars as well, except for the damn cycler rifle. I can agree it's a bit mental now. Frankly I'd like to see a lot of the weapons removed. Just normal guns and one type of grenade and the jump pack. That would be fun for me. Maybe for Walker Assault limit the weapons, but in death match let you use whatever you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom