• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played this game much since release, just hit level 7. How long does it take to get to 25? I kind of wish all the guns and stuff were just unlocked from the get-go.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Haven't played this game much since release, just hit level 7. How long does it take to get to 25? I kind of wish all the guns and stuff were just unlocked from the get-go.
Level 25, it depends
How good you are, but a little more as 15 hours to get to level 25 sounds as a good guess.

And let's be honest in which multiplayer is everything unlocked from the beginning?

FeD.nL

The A-wing on Tantooine is so fucking broken. Just went 25-0 with it, they should really do something about the spawning of the air vehicles as well, at least spawn them a lot higher on the map. That low flying in just sets them up to be killed. And the fact that the imperials don't have access to air vehicles for the final section is mind blowing.

Rebels should really get tauntauns and
4119053594_ba462bc737_o.png
latest

on Hoth.(second is a vehicle which had its 2 scenes cut but can be seen in documentaries.)

Is it me or are the TIE fighters really bad? I can fly and fight pretty decently in an A or X-wing but in either of the TIEs I am absolute garbage, it's like they're made of cardboard.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Well we officially have caught up with the Black Ops III OT. The Battlefront OT has 16 posts more right now.

I am quite surprised considering Black Ops is probably the more popular game and has had a headstart of two weeks.

Theorry

Abit of truth in that. Offcourse maps plays a factor also.

"Only 6% of PS users have the "A New Hope"-trophy, which you get by trying out every game mode. People complaining over lack of content even though they haven't at least tried everything out?"

Looking at those stats is just bad :/ I know I am in the uk, but damn online doesn't have what it used too. Peak players is like 140 thousand on PS4. Doesn't look like its raising at all. Wasn't it higher in its launch week?

gossi

Looking at those stats is just bad :/ I know I am in the uk, but damn online doesn't have what it used too. Peak players is like 140 thousand on PS4. Doesn't look like its raising at all. Wasn't it higher in its launch week?

Yes, it's down on launch week. Games always peak at launch.

I've played this game for 20 hours so far, probably going on 50 or 100. Even without the Jakku stuff in a few days (which I can't wait for) I'm pretty floored as to how much fun I've having with this game right now.

I'm a little confused as to how people figured out within 4 hours of release that this game was "light on content" and a "wallet raping ripoff" when I'm still finding brand new things to collect, unlock, conquer, and just get genuinely excited and giddy about.

There are no bad modes for me, just ones I don't like as much as the others on any given session. But the moments and matches and modes I love are some of the most thrilling and exhilarating Star Wars video game moments I've ever had.

I'm also really surprised at how much time I've spent doing single player challenge stuff or trying to unlock diorama figures or do the little challenges that pop up between multiplayer maps. I'm even more surprised that I'm actually kind of crappy at this game and I still totally love it. I regularly place mid to upper mid tier in matches but I don't really care because the match was such a joy. I can't really say that for other games I'm not fantastic at.

I think a lot of people saw the EA logo on the box and then started creating the narrative of why this game should be vilified. No dedicated campaign, no space battles where you can't see the ground, a season pass etc. It's kind of a shame because this might be the prettiest game of the year and the most I've enjoyed a shooter in ages.

Anyway, I've been meaning to write that out for a while and this seems like the right place for it. Back to playing!

I'm right there with you dude. I have played all the battlefield games, and call of duties but I've always ended up putting them down and getting bored of the mp but I've stuck it out with battlefront. I'm still having a tonne of fun and I don't feel bored yet at all and I'm at level 25 and I've barely touched the single player content.

The fact that getting into matches is so quick and smooth and how they roll into a new match keeps me in that game play loop and I'm always mid or near the top on the leader board which helps. The only thing I want them to fix we this point is the A wings. Other than that I've had a smooth, fair experience. Some weapons seem slightly op but I've never struggled with any blaster really.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So have Dice mentioned any sort of upcoming patch at all? There will be one coming obviously, just wondering when.

Was hitting like 190k I believe on PS4 last week, concurrent numbers will always go down after launch, but it's been hovering around 140-150k for the last couple days i believe on PS4. There's 140k on now and it's 10am on a Saturday, the US hasn't gotten up yet so the numbers will shoot up in a few hours I imagine.

It's a bit of a weird metric to go by too, there could be 2 million players on PS4 every day, just max 140k at one time.

Theorry

I have 30 hours in it now. Not bored yet and looking forward to play some everyday.
New map and mode this Tuesday is nice also. Is it a game i going to play for 2 years? Probably not. Gonna buy the season pass? Probably not. Dont think alot of people will buy it and dont think i will play it enough for another 50 bucks. But i see myself getting around 60 hours of fun out of it or even more. So worth the 60 bucks for me then. I have SP games wich cost me that and i played way less.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
How does matchmaking work, exactly? Here I'd thought it drew in players close to your rank, and until just now I'd had no reason to question that, but I'm Rank 10 (started over last night on my main account, as you may recall) and I just fought a Shadow Trooper for the first time. Aren't they Rank 50?

Klyka

Banned
by the time the first season pass content releases and so the season pass is actually,you know,worth money, it should probably be down to like 40$ if not 30$ online.
This always happens.
I remember buying Battlefield 3's premium for 28€ instead of the normal 50€.

Klyka

Banned
How does matchmaking work, exactly? Here I'd thought it drew in players close to your rank, and until just now I'd had no reason to question that, but I'm Rank 10 (started over last night on my main account, as you may recall) and I just fought a Shadow Trooper for the first time. Aren't they Rank 50?

Matchmaking works by throwing you into the first as full as possible game in your region for that mode that it can find.

Machina

Banned
I've played this game for 20 hours so far, probably going on 50 or 100. Even without the Jakku stuff in a few days (which I can't wait for) I'm pretty floored as to how much fun I've having with this game right now.

I'm a little confused as to how people figured out within 4 hours of release that this game was "light on content" and a "wallet raping ripoff" when I'm still finding brand new things to collect, unlock, conquer, and just get genuinely excited and giddy about.

There are no bad modes for me, just ones I don't like as much as the others on any given session. But the moments and matches and modes I love are some of the most thrilling and exhilarating Star Wars video game moments I've ever had.

I'm also really surprised at how much time I've spent doing single player challenge stuff or trying to unlock diorama figures or do the little challenges that pop up between multiplayer maps. I'm even more surprised that I'm actually kind of crappy at this game and I still totally love it. I regularly place mid to upper mid tier in matches but I don't really care because the match was such a joy. I can't really say that for other games I'm not fantastic at.

I think a lot of people saw the EA logo on the box and then started creating the narrative of why this game should be vilified. No dedicated campaign, no space battles where you can't see the ground, a season pass etc. It's kind of a shame because this might be the prettiest game of the year and the most I've enjoyed a shooter in ages.

Anyway, I've been meaning to write that out for a while and this seems like the right place for it. Back to playing!

Absolutely agree man, this game has been railroaded for the sake of torching EA.

gossi

Ping, then match fullness.

So have Dice mentioned any sort of upcoming patch at all? There will be one coming obviously, just wondering when.

Was hitting like 190k I believe on PS4 last week, concurrent numbers will always go down after launch, but it's been hovering around 140-150k for the last couple days i believe on PS4. There's 140k on now and it's 10am on a Saturday, the US hasn't gotten up yet so the numbers will shoot up in a few hours I imagine.

It's a bit of a weird metric to go by too, there could be 2 million players on PS4 every day, just max 140k at one time.

Yeh good points. I hope it keeps it's player base. I feel it's been a bad year for gaming this year, numbers wise. I'm sure black friday and holiday sales will really pick up tho :)

by the time the first season pass content releases and so the season pass is actually,you know,worth money, it should probably be down to like 40$ if not 30$ online.
This always happens.
I remember buying Battlefield 3's premium for 28€ instead of the normal 50€.

I want to buy this pass, but if that's true I will refrain from it for now. Wouldn't that be kind of a large FU to the people who buy it early when it doesn't actually do anything?. Did you buy the code somewhere else or?

It's kinda funny to see the duality on this game. Personally I am loving it and I am not that bothered by a supposed lack of content. Like someone mentioned earlier, when Jakku is thrown into rotation you won't be the same faction on each map anymore if you stay on the server.

Klyka

Banned
I want to buy this pass, but if that's true I will refrain from it for now. Wouldn't that be kind of a large FU to the people who buy it early when it doesn't actually do anything?. Did you buy the code somewhere else or?

It's kinda funny to see the duality on this game. Personally I am loving it and I am not that bothered by a supposed lack of content. Like someone mentioned earlier, when Jakku is thrown into rotation you won't be the same faction on each map anymore if you stay on the server.

There is never a reason to buy a season pass until like a day or so till the first DLC pack actually comes out. Or sometimes even AFTER all the DLC is out so you know if it's actually worth it. And I usually shop around,yeah.

And yes, people who buy it early pay more for the luxury of waiting for their content

There is never a reason to buy a season pass until like a day or so till the first DLC pack actually comes out. Or sometimes even AFTER all the DLC is out so you know if it's actually worth it. And I usually shop around,yeah.

And yes, people who buy it early pay more for the luxury of waiting for their content

I bought the season pass today because I had $30 in GCU credit as well as the %10 off coupon code for the PS Store.

Otherwise, yeah I'd wait until they announced exactly what was in the first pack.

Beefy

I bought the season pass today because I had $30 in GCU credit as well as the %10 off coupon code for the PS Store.

Otherwise, yeah I'd wait until they announced exactly what was in the first pack.

Yeah I had £30 in Game points. Seeing as I only shop at Game for a console I used them on the pass.

Klyka

Banned

Yeah, that's a proper reason to just pick it up now, no problem there at all.

Ferr986

Yeah for me theres enough content to last me like 20 hours more. Just need that balance patch.

fritolay

I enjoy the game not feeling "competitive" and it is more relaxing. Also while with current content I can't play for hours on end, I do fire up the game after a break or another day, and instantly have fun and get a smile from the great production qualities and fun of the game.

With more content, this will be one I hope I keep those same good feelings. Also it is great game to play with younger family members.

Goddamn, I am trying for Ackbar's elite on Hoth. And out of like four drop pods, I get:
- 4 vehicle turrets (useless)
- Shield (useless)
- 4 Proximity bombs (useless unless you take it with you to your camp spot and even then it's probably 1 kill)
- 2 orbital strikes (useless)
- Infantry turret (semi decent)
- 2 rockets (only decent to hold vs. the two at-st which are like 10 waves apart.

I just needed one blaster cannon, smh.

Now I died on wave 14 once (master) because 4 shadow troopers came barging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom