• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrod38

Enjoyed the four or five matches I played so far but I cant see myself buying the game. Just to many games out there to buy at this time.

Supremacy, Walker Assault, Fighter Squadron, Cargo - 4 maps
Drop Zone, Droid Run - 6 maps
Blast, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs. Villains - 9 maps

Only 4 maps for Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron I kind of expected, but only 4 maps for Supremacy hurts. Only 4 maps for cargo seems weird, as those seem like they'd be easier maps to make (symmetrical).

I feel like there's going to be some blowback from only including 4 maps in the "big" modes. Imagine a Battlefield game only releasing with 4 maps, and how much shit DICE would get for that...

I'm still going to buy it, because I'm a consumer whore who loves both Star Wars and Battlefield, but I'm really glad I got the game for $45 instead of $60.

Yoday

It's amazing how many people still haven't realized that the blaster pistol in third person on close quarters maps is the correct thing to do.

Karak

So hero hunt seems broken.
All I am seeing is people waiting for everyone to widdle the hero down so they can rush in...

wow at the sound of debris falling down your cockpit when you blow up an enemy. What an amazing sound design.
Its awesome sadly its sometimes repeated when your just running aroundon foot to resulting in your head apparently being made of metal> Yes even without a helmet.
I think they like the sound as well hahaha

adj_noun

It's amazing how many people still haven't realized that the blaster pistol in third person on close quarters maps is the correct thing to do.

I'd imagine there's a lot of folks like me who never play shooters, but love Star Wars. Give 'em time.

Heroes v Villains seems like the best way to grind points/xp. Always a good chance of being a hero and racking up kills, but even HURTING heroes can give a lot of points.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Try changing the flight stick setup to southpaw and inverted and it plays very similarly to Rouge Squadron and Battlefront 2. You might like that better.

It's more that the controls aren't separated onto two sticks. (thrust on one doesn't count)

There's no separate yaw/pitch control, and whoever thought auto-centering the aim was a good idea needs to check their life choices.

watership

Too many people never even shift to 3rd person mode. The only benefit first person has is in open areas for brief periods.

MADGAME

Only 4 maps for Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron I kind of expected, but only 4 maps for Supremacy hurts. Only 4 maps for cargo seems weird, as those seem like they'd be easier maps to make (symmetrical).

I feel like there's going to be some blowback from only including 4 maps in the "big" modes. Imagine a Battlefield game only releasing with 4 maps, and how much shit DICE would get for that...

I'm still going to buy it, because I'm a consumer whore who loves both Star Wars and Battlefield, but I'm really glad I got the game for $45 instead of $60.
Love the game and will be there day one and for the long term, but I agree.

adj_noun

Haven't even touched the online stuff yet. Wanted to play the missions levels first. They are rather fun although basic.

The tutorial missions make me a bit sad; I love the tiny snippets of set-up story we get and really wish there was a whole campaign to go with all the multiplayer.

mileS

Boba Fett seems like he's far and away the most overpowered hero so far. So much so that it worries me it will throw the balance off certain modes a little too much. That being said it is a complete blast to play as him.

Boba Fett seems like he's far and away the most overpowered hero so far. So much so that it worries me it will throw the balance off certain modes a little too much. That being said it is a complete blast to play as him.

He will probably be thrown into the Sarlacc....I mean nerfed.

Sephzilla

Just cover your eyes, pretend your blind, and Boba will drop like nothing

Do the maps all have individual names, or is it just Planet-Gamemode.

I only got to play a few matches before work this morning, but what I played it seems they have unique names. Played on Imeperial Hangar (Sullust), Ewok Village (Endor) and Outpost Beta (Hoth)

care to elaborate?
The new maps I'm playing I really don't like. (Walker assault) the desert one lava one. I don't like the pickup system. Can't ever find anything good. (Heroes vehicles orbital drop etc) I may cancel my preorder. And I went positive 3 out of 4 games being towards the top of the scoreboard

Heroes should have been based on who was the top player on each side halfway through the match. Make them OP as fuck and have some fun. It shouldn't be a pickup.

PSYGN

Supremacy, Walker Assault, Fighter Squadron, Cargo - 4 maps
Drop Zone, Droid Run - 6 maps
Blast, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs. Villains - 9 maps

Thanks! I'll come back to this game later. I hope they'll have double the amount of maps then.

deadduck

Heroes should have been based on who was the top player on each side halfway through the match. Make them OP as fuck and have some fun. It shouldn't be a pickup.

So only a limited few (and best) get go be the best characters?

Nope, pickups are far better.

My favorite mode so far has been Hero Hunt. Less me getting shot in the back, more running helter skelter after Luke Skywalker. :D

I also dig Heroes vs Villains, but I have yet to be in one that wasn't a curb stomp for one team or the other.

This is my favorite, actually came in second in one match.

Already got to run around as all heroes and villains and wreck fools. Vader is too much.

So only a limited few (and best) get go be the best characters?

Nope, pickups are far better.

I think Heroes are something that should be earned. Something you should have to work for. I don't like that playing as these characters is the same as picking up a ship for combat.

Ferr986

That would make them even more inbalanced, giving the best player an OP character.

Its fine the way is it now IMO.

so wtf, you just get a lock-on and your missiles and lasers just home in?

Yes, BUT, atleast IMO, regular shooting was better without locking on, you miss a lot shooting with lock on because the tracking seemed poor. Missiles needs to lock though.

The problem is this is a stupid anti consumer ploy, which is why I have an Xbox One and still won't support this. Those people getting EA access just to play this early are reinforcing this kind of behavior from publishers which negatively impacts us all.

Same price as a rental which i usually do. Way more convenient. I have no issues with this.

Nope. Worst thing in these games nowadays is stuff like Killstreaks and rewards to the best players who then get a further advantage. A player who is dominating at the game should not be given a boost/advantage in a game, all that does is make the gap between teams greater. This was awful in the past Battlefronts where you had players just tearing it up because they were so good and just always got the OP hero unlocks to further own face. Nothing is worse than modern shooter designs where the team kicking ass is given a bonus advantage for doing so, to just kick more ass.

Making it random at least gives everyone a chance or can even potentially help a side that's trailing behind.

Theorry

Anyone tips for weapons? I am getting rekt by every gun and my guns dont do damage at any range.

Anyone? I am sure whats going on i have 3.0 kd in BF4 but in this game i am barely above 1.0. Outplay alot of people and then still lose the gunfights for some reason.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
For first person, and in most of the game play, you're losing a huge amount of visual information. It's like putting blinders on .
I thought this game felt bad in third person in the beta and the crosshairs seemed inaccurate. I did much better in first since I could place shots better. Has that been improved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom