• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Does anyone know if progress is handled via EA's servers? I'm planning on getting the game on PS4, but I'm downloading the EA Access version now. I don't want to put too much time in grinding for unlocks if I have to do it all again on PS4.

moai

Does anyone know if progress is handled via EA's servers? I'm planning on getting the game on PS4, but I'm downloading the EA Access version now. I don't want to put too much time in grinding for unlocks if I have to do it all again on PS4.

On bf4 they were separate profiles.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
This game fucking kicks ass man. Got about 3 hours in on it. The scale of some of these battles is just mind blowing. Cool shit happening constantly. I actually really love how arcade-y it feels lol! I know that will turn some people off but I really like it. I wish I was better at flying though, good god I suck.

Bsigg12

I think easily one of the coolest thing is when you come up on a firefight of 12-15 people and there are lasers flying and grenades exploding and just full of chaos. The game absolutely nails the atmosphere of a Star Wars battlefield.

The look of all it is something unique and stunning. Can't wait to build my new PC next year and max this out.

Dartastic

Might just be the CM's doing? Also, this was for Alpha Access and nothing to do with the final game, right? Can this be discussed in a new thread? This one might get derailed (I know that's not your intention). and I enjoy reading the feedback so far.
It doesn't really seem like it's bribery. The title is click-baity. It seems like they just asking for them to please try and be wary of people breaking the NDA that was in place for the alpha, removing those NDA breaking posts, and being nice and giving them keys as well. I definitely wouldn't classify that as "bribery" at all.

This game fucking kicks ass man. Got about 3 hours in on it. The scale of some of these battles is just mind blowing. Cool shit happening constantly. I actually really love how arcade-y it feels lol! I know that will turn some people off but I really like it. I wish I was better at flying though, good god I suck.

I sucked at first in the beta but it's pretty easy to get used to with practice.

Jealous of everyone playing on EA Access.

gossi

I think easily one of the coolest thing is when you come up on a firefight of 12-15 people and there are lasers flying and grenades exploding and just full of chaos. The game absolutely nails the atmosphere of a Star Wars battlefield.

Yep. It's chaos. I was watching Endor get destroyed earlier, trees falling. So good.

This seems new thread worthy.

Might just be the CM's doing? Also, this was for Alpha Access and nothing to do with the final game, right? Can this be discussed in a new thread? This one might get derailed (I know that's not your intention). and I enjoy reading the feedback so far.
Nope. I used to post on that subreddit a lot and it's just the work of one ex-mod (who destroyed the subreddit's CSS when he was kicked out) drawing conclusions where they weren't any to be drawn, waiting until right before the game came out, and bringing it to a clueless admin as a (successful) attempt to get revenge and disrupt the subreddit right before the game came out. The stupid-ass admin even shadowbanned the official EA Community Manager.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They're just so...strange.

Disney World, (I go often living in Florida), they have had a huge Pin Trading thing for years, well now they started Disney Cards that look like baseball or the old comic book/movie cards, and it is catching on like wild fire. Especially how different places in different parks were giving out free starter packs (real "drug dealers" parents, the one's DARE tells you about is a lie).

Disney is now doing this which everything they touch for collectibles turns to gold... and seems they re revitalizing the classic nostalgic feel of trading card/item collection type stuff from the 80's.

Kinda cool and exciting from a nostalgic sense.

There's a rain map on Endor!?

:drools

I can't handle this... by the way, I always thought your avatar reminded me of artwork for a Wookiee with the eyepiece single goggles from Star Wars Galaxies, complete with a Wookiee smock, lol. It cannot be unseen.

Yep. It's chaos. I was watching Endor get destroyed earlier, trees falling. So good.

Make it stop.

no no no keep going

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't handle this... by the way, I always thought your avatar reminded me of artwork for a Wookiee with the eyepiece single goggles from Star Wars Galaxies, complete with a Wookiee smock, lol. It cannot be unseen.
Can't say I've heard that one before LOL

Does anyone else get giddy like a schoolgirl when you are flying a Tie Fighter and fire the lasers and hear their iconic sound resonate so perfectly? This is one of the few games where sound might actually be my favorite thing about it.

The items that come with the deluxe edition...are those exclusive? It only describes an emote as being exclusive. Can't find info on this anywhere.

Arrghhhh
I'm so torn. PC or PS4... I don't know what to do,
on one hand:
I have a nice PC and can play it almost maxed and I'm better with kb/m than I'm with controller, and the PC version is cheaper

On the other hand I'm worried that PC will have small community that will die out after a few months (Titanfall I'm looking at you). Consoles usually hold people for a while longer.

Anyone else in similar situation?

darscot

Does anyone else get giddy like a schoolgirl when you are flying a Tie Fighter and fire the lasers and hear their iconic sound resonate so perfectly? This is one of the few games where sound might actually be my favorite thing about it.

The game easily takes best sound, its a little unfair though because it's obvious much of the sound came straight from the original source.

Ferrio

Banned
Arrghhhh
on one hand:
I have a nice PC and can play it almost maxed and I'm better with kb/m than I'm with controller, and the PC version is cheaper

On the other hand I'm worried that PC will have small community that will die out after a few months (Titanfall I'm looking at you). Consoles usually hold people for a while longer.

Well deciding on the PS4 version ain't going to help the PC population that's for sure. Only thing I'm worried about PC version is hackers.

The game easily takes best sound, its a little unfair though because it's obvious much of the sound came straight from the original source.

Yes, the sound designers for the movies were amazing. There are no where near as many classic and recognizable sounds in movies that compare to Star Wars. But I've also played alot of Star Wars games, and this is the first one to ever truly do the movies justice with regards to the audio so perfectly. It completely immerses you, even more than the graphics.

I asked earlier but don't think I got an answer. Can you change the button assigned to shoulder switch? In the beta I switched shoulders all the time when going around corners, but d-pad down was kind of awkward.

gossi

You can't give your opinion on this game until you've driven a Speeder Bike through Endor.

The first time I saw one, the rider (a stormtrooper) crashed into a tree and exploded to firey death.

The items that come with the deluxe edition...are those exclusive? It only describes an emote as being exclusive. Can't find info on this anywhere.

The Deluxe edition includes two emotes. The rest is unlocked within an hour of play.

DirtyLarry

Welp. I'll probably try and play it lightly then. I don't want to play stuff twice.
Yeah just so you know, I am in the same boat myself, have both the One and the PS4, and also have EA Access, and as hard as it has been, I have decided I am just going to wait. I have so much else to play right now anyway, it is not that big of a deal.

I just do not see playing the 10 hours to lose everything I achieve next week.

Rocketz

I've had fun so far. Only issues being I had a walker glitch out and go completely invisible and the game crashed on me once.

I really like drop zone.

Now that this game is out there and being played, how party friendly is it? Can you easily party up and jump into a game and stay together? Or do you have to find servers with enough free slots and hope that it keeps the party together?

Special C

I asked earlier but don't think I got an answer. Can you change the button assigned to shoulder switch? In the beta I switched shoulders all the time when going around corners, but d-pad down was kind of awkward.

NXE is out so custom button mapping should be enabled for the OS.

I shrieked like a school girl when first hearing the TIE Fighter missile lock on sound. "I have you now!"

Damn, I wasn't planning on buying this - but my EA Access first impressions have surprised me. It's a load of fun.

Arrghhhh
on one hand:

I WAS in a similar situation, but the gf wanted to be able to play split-screen with me so the PC version was unfeasible and a local retailer is offering all versions for the same price so PS4 for me!

adj_noun

Man, when Heroes vs Villains is firing on all cylinders with two evenly matched teams, it is a blast. So many fun scenarios can play out.

I meleed Vader to death with Leia. :D

Take that, dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom