• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the SE-14C and Explosive Shot combo. Massively overpowered.

I try not to abuse it, but I will admit I've been using it to tackle the Drop Zone trophy (kill 10 enemies capturing your pod). The capture time is so quick that you need to be able to take them out in a single hit.

MrHoot

battlefront is fun and better than its predecessors in every way except not having the space fights game mode

"Dumbed down" is far more meaningless and unsubstantiated than "fun". The game handles extremely well, equipment all feels unique and has different benefits. In game pickups encourage movement. Game modes are plentiful and diverse.

I got nothing really against the pickups. I've seen some critics towards it but I don't mind them.

Game mods are the standard fair, but I wouldn't cal them "plentiful", especially compared to previous iterations: No campaign, space battles, galactic conquest or any form of single player on a 60 bucks game. Less freedom when it comes to vehicles, a lower number of people overall, lower number of scenarios and lower number of units. It plays extremely well (again, kudos to the sound design and visuals and "juicing") but everything eventually dies down as you notice the maps are linear and/or don't encourage any kind of teamwork, or just have too few options to make them interesting. It's not that it should even have as much options as SWBF2, there can be a compromise. But the fac that there is so, so much less than it is just baffling.

I genuinely loled at that post, what the hell. We're not allowed to have fun with Battlefront, guys! DON'T YOU DARE

btw I can't wait to get home and play some more :D

Never have I said "Don't have fun", it's nice you're having fun with it. Just that "fun" is a non-argument and yes, I happen to be severely disappointed by the game. But sorry i'm breaking your little glass prison of pure glee.

The only significant difference is the presence of Clones Wars in the original games. That's it.

There will he a dedicated community of players for this game for years. The season pass isn't going to destroy the game or community, it's going to make it better.

There is much more missing than just Clone Wars units.

And there is precisely a problem with releasing DLC maps after releasing a game with so few: You're fragmenting your community, which is a problem also Call of Duty had several times, or other games which have similar scheme, by gating different parts into different maps (especially considering the no-so-light pricing). I would already be a lot less fired-up about the game if the season pass scheme wasn't so outrageous or if the base game wasn't so bare.

Even more if suddenly we get the franchise in a regular fashion (Battlefront 2, Battlefront 3). It seems extremely dodgy to invest any kind of money as player in that franchise as it is, depending on how the future may be.

And how in the world is are you comparing this to The Order? Two different games in two different genres.

Because I take it as two cases of "Style over substance". It tickles all the good things when it comes to presentation. But inside is a very simplistic system, especially compared to previous iterations in the same respective genres.

The game itself is disappointing, albeit not "bad". It's perfectly serviceable but also as an old battlefront fan (and star wars fan) yeah no there could've been way, way more to this. My main point is that using the shortcut argument of "Fun" is doing a disservice. You can totally have fun with the game. I had fun with it the first few hours but there are better options out there. And I think it's a disservice to the franchise to give it a free pass entirely based on presentation.

Anyway i'm out. Clearly this isn't an opinion thread so my mistake to even try

MastAndo

Stocked up on charge cards since I'm in love with explosive shot, and happened upon a glitch that has me stuck on 99 (infinite) charges. I'm trying not to exploit it, but certain modes have suddenly become pretty easy when you have all that extra firepower at your disposal. It's certainly nice to approach 30 kills in a match of Blast. Forget the DL-44, the SE14C with explosive shot is ridiculous.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I've put about 12-14 hours into the game and I wanted to make a post about how I feel. For some background, I am a long time gamer, been playing since the NES days when I was 5-6 years old I never really stopped. I've played a lot of games on every major system and that has always included PC. I played Unreal Tournament, CS, Battlefield, etc.

I'd like to address several of the complaints I keep hearing as I feel that this game is getting a bad wrap. I am not saying that it is flawless, but i'm reviewing it objectively (EDIT: SUBJECTIVELY as these are my thoughts and opinions) for what it IS and not what I WANT or THOUGHT it would be.

- The game has no depth and gives players no reason to keep playing.
This statement makes me cringe. The reason we used to play games is because they were FUN. I didn't sink hundreds of hours into Unreal Tournament so I could unlock some uber gun at level 50. I kept going back because it was a tight shooter and it was really fun. I also feel that Battlefront is really fun. I unlock new cards for my hand, new guns every now and then BUT I don't feel like I'm unable to compete with those who have been playing for 70 hours. I like Battlefronts unlock progression as I think it keeps the playing field relatively even. TLDR: I play games because they are fun, not to unlock stuff. Battlefront is fun and keeps the playing field even by giving you good weapons early.

- The game requires no team work or strategy, it's a mindless shooter
Did Unreal Tournament require tons of strategy? Did Quake? Games like TRIBES did, and Battlefield but only in certain modes really. This is EXACTLY how Battlefront works. When a team coordinates on Walker Assault it is a different match. I played online with 3 friends and we were working with other groups of players on our team, it was a coordinated effort and we won. Without that strategy and team work, we probably would have lost. Just because the PLAYER BASE has changed doesn't make the game bad. When playing deathmatch, sure, there isn't as much strategy but that is to be expected. TLDR: No game requires strategy, but if you want to have a better chance at winning in Battlefront, strategy definitely helps and works, just like in many other games.

- The game has no class system and lacks customization
The "hand" system in this game, combined with the many many cards you can load essentially lets you create a pseudo-class. You have LOTS of customization options with creating your hand-load out so I feel classes aren't necessary. Want to be a "heavy" then take a rocket launcher and explosives, want to be a sniper, take the sniper rifle, etc. Not an issue.

- Complaints about hero tokens and vehicle tokens on the battlefield
This is a fantastic, FANTASTIC thing. At first I thought "this is really dumb". Then, the first time I got into an AT-AT I realized something, that these token pickups on the battlefield are actually solving 2 big problems with shooters.
1. It keeps people from standing around vehicle "spawns" and crowding around under an AT-AT waiting to try and get in. Instead it allows people to just PLAY THE GAME and if they see a token that allows them to fly an X-Wing they can go pick it up.
2. The hero tokens - this solves the problem of what I like to call "skill-runaway" in online shooters. In COD a lot of times the team that has the best player or two eventually starts to run away with the match about halfway through as kill streak rewards start to stack up and decimate the other team. Battlefront side steps this issue by letting whoever becomes the hero be random chance. This allows players who aren't doing so great to try it out and have some fun. The most skilled players will still likely win, but it keeps them from running away with the match.
TLDR: Hero tokens and Vehicles tokens solve 2 big online shooter problems by letting players focus on the match and not standing around vehicle spawns.

In conclusion, I'm enjoying this game a lot, it's a solid 8/10 for me and I expect it to be a 9/10 after a few expansions. I agree that it needs 1-2 more maps for each mode, especially Walker Assault. However, what maps ARE in there are very solid and gorgeous to experience. I had no expectations going in, I'm simply playing the game they delivered.

Should EA and DICE's business practices of (possibly) withholding content for future expansions be rewarded with your purchase...that's a really tough question. I will say this though, I feel like the game is worth 50-60 dollars. I paid $45 and am more than happy with it and feel that what IS there is worth that amount of money. 4-5 dollars an hour for 10-12 hours of entertainment is less than the cost of a movie's 2 hours...

I should bookmark this post, my thoughts exactly.

--
Also something that really bugs me is that a lot of people are complaining about the lack of a campaign (mostly people who haven't even played the game). Why is it bad that a game doesn't have a campaign? I see tons of ten to twelve hours singleplayer games with no multiplayer. Literally no one complains about that, while if you just look in hours of 'fun'. You will probably have a lot less value for your money with the singleplayer only game.

Let's say this suddenly had a mediocre 5 to 6 hours singleplayer campaign, then the complaints about 'not enough content' wouldn't probably be here. And because of the lack of those 5 hours, the game is suddenly utterly bad for the haters...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The DL-44 being absurd without something like explosive shot is a big deal. It lets you have leeway to use something like Scan Pulse and get the drop on people, which with that weapon means they aren't going to kill you unless you really mess up your aim(which is hard to do when you see their exact location through a wall).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I saw TWO Hero pickups right next to each other on the Rebel side of Sullust WA the other day, it was odd.

And I can never find one for ground battles, lol.

I was shocked to find an AT-AT one for the my very first time the other day. How do people get them so fast?

Raven77

MrHoot, the last home console Battlefront game was what, 2005? Thats a decade ago...

The video game market has changed (in my opinion) for the worse. Most games are dumbed down in many ways from previous iterations. Deus Ex: Human Rev. is not as complex, etc. as the first but doesn't make it a bad game. When it came out, people understood it was a sequel to a 11 year old game. Expectations should be tempered after so much time has passed.

I get where you're coming from though, I was devastated by how bad a sequel Battlefield 3 was compared to BF 2. With BF 4, I tempered my expectations and after some patches I ended up really enjoying the game for what it was. We will likely never get "proper" sequels to some of our older beloved games...sadly.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
LOL. This guy wants to be right so bad.

Sorry brosef, Battlefront is fun as hell and I have put more hours into it than I have put into the majority of linear CINEMATIC single player games. I purchased TWO copies of the game on PS4 and will purchase TWO season passes so the wife and I can continue to enjoy playing a wonderful multiplayer shooter.

I did not want a shitty DICE singleplayer and I don't think $60 is too much for this game as I have gotten my money's worth.

Content != worth. Time of enjoyment == worth.

4 hour campaign? Not worth $60.

20 hours of mutliplayer or single player? Worth $60

Agreed. I am loving the game, and I do not regret this purchase one bit. Then again, I come from a time where simple 8-bit games were $60-$80 a pop.

The Adventures of Bayou Billy and The Karate Kid, now that was a regrettable purchases back in the day.

Honestly I would be willing to bet that most of the people who are over level 24 (which I think is the level required for barrage) are running Jump pack + Explosive shot + Barrage + SE14C, this seems to be the most popular load out right now.

If all the cards felt like meaningful things to have on you it'd be better, also the fucking personal shield should be a power up and the group shield should be a star card.
I can't do squat with the Barrage. I've tried and the timer is too long. Almost Thermal Detonator long. So, I've switched back to the Impact Grenade. I happily sacrifice blast radius for a near-instant fuse.

And I'm not entirely clear here, but can a player who's procced the personal shield shoot out of it, or is it like the squad shield where blaster anything doesn't go in or out?

Is the bounty trait worth it?Anyone some feedback?
Yes, very much so. It takes a few kills to level up, but after then it can put some pretty awesome powerups in your hands. I am glad I spent the credits on it.

nillah

Banned
ovMh8bf.png

This Battlefront definitely has its problems but I hate how people come in here and trash the game by comparison to the old ones and hold them on some high pedestal like they are unassailable.

The old Battlefront games were unbalanced as fuck too. I remember several maps (Kashyyk comes to mind) that were completely skewed against against 1 team. Also, most of the heroes were shit, space combat sucked, flying into capital ships got repetitive after the 3rd time, nade spam was all over the place, not to mention you had a class that had a rocket launcher as the default gun.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the old games to death but people seem to be looking at them through rose-tinted glasses. At least theres a chance that the issues on this game will be fixed/balanced.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've put about 12-14 hours into the game and I wanted to make a post about how I feel. For some background, I am a long time gamer, been playing since the NES days when I was 5-6 years old I never really stopped. I've played a lot of games on every major system and that has always included PC. I played Unreal Tournament, CS, Battlefield, etc.

I'd like to address several of the complaints I keep hearing as I feel that this game is getting a bad wrap. I am not saying that it is flawless, but i'm reviewing it objectively (EDIT: SUBJECTIVELY as these are my thoughts and opinions) for what it IS and not what I WANT or THOUGHT it would be.

This statement makes me cringe. The reason we used to play games is because they were FUN. I didn't sink hundreds of hours into Unreal Tournament so I could unlock some uber gun at level 50. I kept going back because it was a tight shooter and it was really fun. I also feel that Battlefront is really fun. I unlock new cards for my hand, new guns every now and then BUT I don't feel like I'm unable to compete with those who have been playing for 70 hours. I like Battlefronts unlock progression as I think it keeps the playing field relatively even. TLDR: I play games because they are fun, not to unlock stuff. Battlefront is fun and keeps the playing field even by giving you good weapons early.

Did Unreal Tournament require tons of strategy? Did Quake? Games like TRIBES did, and Battlefield but only in certain modes really. This is EXACTLY how Battlefront works. When a team coordinates on Walker Assault it is a different match. I played online with 3 friends and we were working with other groups of players on our team, it was a coordinated effort and we won. Without that strategy and team work, we probably would have lost. Just because the PLAYER BASE has changed doesn't make the game bad. When playing deathmatch, sure, there isn't as much strategy but that is to be expected. TLDR: No game requires strategy, but if you want to have a better chance at winning in Battlefront, strategy definitely helps and works, just like in many other games.

The "hand" system in this game, combined with the many many cards you can load essentially lets you create a pseudo-class. You have LOTS of customization options with creating your hand-load out so I feel classes aren't necessary. Want to be a "heavy" then take a rocket launcher and explosives, want to be a sniper, take the sniper rifle, etc. Not an issue.

This is a fantastic, FANTASTIC thing. At first I thought "this is really dumb". Then, the first time I got into an AT-AT I realized something, that these token pickups on the battlefield are actually solving 2 big problems with shooters.
1. It keeps people from standing around vehicle "spawns" and crowding around under an AT-AT waiting to try and get in. Instead it allows people to just PLAY THE GAME and if they see a token that allows them to fly an X-Wing they can go pick it up.
2. The hero tokens - this solves the problem of what I like to call "skill-runaway" in online shooters. In COD a lot of times the team that has the best player or two eventually starts to run away with the match about halfway through as kill streak rewards start to stack up and decimate the other team. Battlefront side steps this issue by letting whoever becomes the hero be random chance. This allows players who aren't doing so great to try it out and have some fun. The most skilled players will still likely win, but it keeps them from running away with the match.
TLDR: Hero tokens and Vehicles tokens solve 2 big online shooter problems by letting players focus on the match and not standing around vehicle spawns.

In conclusion, I'm enjoying this game a lot, it's a solid 8/10 for me and I expect it to be a 9/10 after a few expansions. I agree that it needs 1-2 more maps for each mode, especially Walker Assault. However, what maps ARE in there are very solid and gorgeous to experience. I had no expectations going in, I'm simply playing the game they delivered.

Should EA and DICE's business practices of (possibly) withholding content for future expansions be rewarded with your purchase...that's a really tough question. I will say this though, I feel like the game is worth 50-60 dollars. I paid $45 and am more than happy with it and feel that what IS there is worth that amount of money. 4-5 dollars an hour for 10-12 hours of entertainment is less than the cost of a movie's 2 hours...

90.gif

This post mirrors my feelings to the T. Probably due to the same gaming history. I started with a hand-me-down Commodore 64 from an uncle (which got me into developing my own games from coding books from the library) in the mid 80's, until my single mother could afford to get me an NES around '87-'88. All those $80 8-bit 2 hour (4 -6 level) games back in the day, lol. How would modern gamers survive then?

I should bookmark this post, my thoughts exactly.

--
Also something that really bugs me is that a lot of people are complaining about the lack of a campaign (mostly people who haven't even played the game). Why is it bad that a game doesn't have a campaign? I see tons of ten to twelve hours singleplayer games with no multiplayer. Literally no one complains about that, while if you just look in hours of 'fun'. You will probably have a lot less value for your money with the singleplayer only game.

Let's say this suddenly had a mediocre 5 to 6 hours singleplayer campaign, then the complaints about 'not enough content' wouldn't probably be here. And because of the lack of those 5 hours, the game is suddenly utterly bad for the haters...

It also has Star Wars and EA in the titles. That alone gathers it's fair share of BS. Always has been a, you either love it, or you hate it with that IP.

Raven77

This Battlefront definitely has its problems but I hate how people come in here and trash the game by comparison to the old ones and hold them on some high pedestal like they are unassailable.

The old Battlefront games were unbalanced as fuck too. I remember several maps (Kashyyk comes to mind) that were completely skewed against against 1 team. Also, most of the heroes were shit, space combat sucked, flying into capital ships got repetitive after the 3rd time, nade spam was all over the place, not to mention you had a class that had a rocket launcher as the default gun.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the old games to death but people seem to be looking at them through rose-tinted glasses. At least theres a chance that the issues on this game will be fixed/balanced.

100% agree. The old Battlefront games were loaded with issues, not to mention the pretty awful gun play which is massively improved in the new one.

Just because a game has more content, doesn't mean that content makes it a better game...

100% agree. The old Battlefront games were loaded with issues, not to mention the pretty awful gun play which is massively improved in the new one.

Just because a game has more content, doesn't mean that content makes it a better game...
Its a big reason why we (the competitive SWBF2 scene) had so many rules that they'd make MLG blush.

Stocked up on charge cards since I'm in love with explosive shot, and happened upon a glitch that has me stuck on 99 (infinite) charges. I'm trying not to exploit it, but certain modes have suddenly become pretty easy when you have all that extra firepower at your disposal. It's certainly nice to approach 30 kills in a match of Blast. Forget the DL-44, the SE14C with explosive shot is ridiculous.

Explosive shot in general needs a nerf. It has no range limit, and it drastically outperforms just about all other charge cards except scan pulse, and then only in situations where finding the enemy is difficult (Endor). Just about every game I join now, the top couple of players are using explosive shot to wreak havoc on the other team, usually from a high vantage point.

MiguelItUp

THANK YOU! I remember having a ton of issues with the original games, especially with online. However I do remember having issues with the gun play. No joke, I remember playing it wondering how it would've been if DICE had made it instead. Majority of the time I was forced to play the game(s) locally because that was when it actually was the most functional. :( Honestly I think a lot of people have extremely thick nostalgia goggles. I'm sure we all loved the original Battlefronts to a certain degree, but I'm not lying when I say that I've most definitely put more time into the latest than the previous. More content is great! We all love more content, but what you said is definitely true. There are games out there that have loads of content, but if the core gameplay is lacking or just doesn't click, none of that content is going to matter in the end anyway.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man.

I disagree with everything you've said. You must have some massive blinders on to think that this game is dumbed down from the original two. It's pretty on par. I can say this with authority as I spent 5 years playing SWBF2 competitively. I know that game inside and out. What it was and what it wasn't. The only significant difference is the presence of Clones Wars in the original games. That's it.

Battlefront is a game that relies on its excellent gameplay for excitement and fun rather than an excess of Pavlovian rewards and unlocks the equivalent of a participation trophy that modern shooters use. There will he a dedicated community of players for this game for years. The season pass isn't going to destroy the game or community, it's going to make it better.

Its a big reason why we (the competitive SWBF2 scene) had so many rules that they'd make MLG blush.

THANK YOU! I remember having a ton of issues with the original games, especially with online. However I do remember having issues with the gun play. No joke, I remember playing it wondering how it would've been if DICE had made it instead. Majority of the time I was forced to play the game(s) locally because that was when it actually was the most functional. :( Honestly I think a lot of people have extremely thick nostalgia goggles. I'm sure we all loved the original Battlefronts to a certain degree, but I'm not lying when I say that I've most definitely put more time into the latest than the previous. More content is great! We all love more content, but what you said is definitely true. There are games out there that have loads of content, but if the core gameplay is lacking or just doesn't click, none of that content is going to matter in the end anyway.

So much revisionist theories on what BF 1/2 were. It cracks me up. They were even slammed back then for being too "dumbed down/casual" compared to other shooters. Yet it persevered because just like this reboot, it was damn fun. With this one having MUCH better gunplay by far.

Clearly people who A) have never played the originals, B) are just posting based on content and measure their "worth" by that, or C) both A & B.

PrankT

Is the bounty trait worth it?Anyone some feedback?
I want my 7k back. It's cool sometimes, but Scout or Bodyguard are far better because they are always useful. Bounty Hunter is too random and there are plenty of items in the field where Bounty Hunter is somewhat unnecessary.

They weren't perfect, but they also offered a very different game.

The classes were fairly balanced really, and the whole rocket launcher was needed as it was a class based game and also it was packed with vehicles in many of the maps. Unlike this one, which is bare on vehicles, typically only the Empire will have it's couple of walker options, other than that it's air vehicles on some maps. Rockets were needed to deal with the tons of vehicles in other maps in the original battlefronts, as well as it wasn't that effective against infantry really.

The old battlefronts just offered so much more content, tons of maps, vehicles, heroes, unit types, weapons, and so on.

Jito

Banned
Poor map design, over powered weapons and the invincibility glitch are starting to sour my experience with the game.

How did they think it was a good idea to essentially let players leave the confines of the map and just shoot down from cliffs above the battle? It fucking sucks having to deal with losers sat on a hill taking pot shots at me while I'm trying to play the actual game.

Too many games I've spawned in an aircraft and been mobbed by the 3 enemy aircraft before I've fully spawned in, DICE need to fix the aircraft spawning system, it encourages camping and is broken as is. Really they should just remove the red targets on enemy aircraft unless you are really close to them, no reason I should be able to see where they are at all times.

They weren't perfect, but they also offered a very different game.

The classes were fairly balanced really, and the whole rocket launcher was needed as it was a class based game and also it was packed with vehicles in many of the maps. Unlike this one, which is bare on vehicles, typically only the Empire will have it's couple of walker options, other than that it's air vehicles on some maps. Rockets were needed to deal with the tons of vehicles in other maps in the original battlefronts, as well as it wasn't that effective against infantry really.

The old battlefronts just offered so much more content, tons of maps, vehicles, heroes, unit types, weapons, and so on.

Thats not how I remember it. Rocket launchers and grenade spam were used to hold choke points on the maps. You have one player constantly feeding them ammo and it was effective as hell against infantry. The rocket launcher had the same (or really close) damage radius as a grenade.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I can't do squat with the Barrage. I've tried and the timer is too long. Almost Thermal Detonator long. So, I've switched back to the Impact Grenade. I happily sacrifice blast radius for a near-instant fuse.

And I'm not entirely clear here, but can a player who's procced the personal shield shoot out of it, or is it like the squad shield where blaster anything doesn't go in or out?

Yes, very much so. It takes a few kills to level up, but after then it can put some pretty awesome powerups in your hands. I am glad I spent the credits on it.

You can't shoot at all, it makes your crosshair red. However, you can impact nade someone in the dome, which I have done with satisfaction on several occasions.

Kingsora

Do you have a link to your Battlefront community website where you are always talking about. I am kinda curious :)

Kingsora

Poor map design, over powered weapons and the invincibility glitch are starting to sour my experience with the game.

How did they think it was a good idea to essentially let players leave the confines of the map and just shoot down from cliffs above the battle? It fucking sucks having to deal with losers sat on a hill taking pot shots at me while I'm trying to play the actual game.
It's called snipers, you have that in every multiplayer game. I agree it's not fun to be sniped, but not including it would have been really strange.

Jito

Banned
It's called snipers, you have that in every multiplayer game. I agree it's not fun to be sniped, but not including it would have been really strange.

That's not what I'm talking about at all, where did I mention snipers? I'm talking about DICE allowing players to leave the confines of the map to climb up cliffs and sit there all game taking pot shots at people and shooting directly into spawn points. It fucking sucks.

Sulik2

What is the point of the air game in supremacy? None of the fighters can bomb or highlight ground targets and they move so fast its pretty much impossible to find targets on the ground. Its fun dog fighting in the air, but it seems to impact the battle so little I have just stopped bothering getting into fighters.

Honestly, the game is deeper than people give it credit for. There's a class like system already at place, it's just more fluid and interchangeable than something defined like other games. Some people should be coming out with the proper loadouts to deal with things, like a guy on rockets to take care of mechs and a dude running recon whenever he gets a chance.

But then the game spins that shit around and says "Get the high ground, spam grenades, and abuse everything you can". Suddenly people don't care about going after anything else besides players because that won't net them enough points in the end.

This is why I'm pining for balance changes, because I see a great game underneath the mess. Like how many people would dread Endor if they gave us another Walker? Or stopped treating modes that aren't TDM like TDM? I'd certainly groan less while playing FS, at the very least.

Kingsora

What is the point of the air game in supremacy? None of the fighters can bomb or highlight ground targets and they move so fast its pretty much impossible to find targets on the ground. Its fun dog fighting in the air, but it seems to impact the battle so little I have just stopped bothering getting into fighters.

Well honestly in a lot of games I have seen people with 30 tot 40 kills that were in the air the whole time. A buddy of mine can also get a lot of ground kills during a game in a flying vehicle. I can't however, it's quite difficult.

Ramirez

The Rebel ships can take out AT-ST's pretty easily, but yea, it's pretty pointless overall. You just end up having to watch for instant respawn ships anyways, ugh.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I notice it is a little easier to "target" ground forces when in cockpit mode, and third person for dogfights.

Kingsora

That's not what I'm talking about at all, where did I mention snipers? I'm talking about DICE allowing players to leave the confines of the map to climb up cliffs and sit there all game taking pot shots at people and shooting directly into spawn points. It fucking sucks.

About which cliffs are you talking about then?

Kosma

Banned

Are you me?

Feels like it

B-Dex

Jakku live stream starts in 20 mins on the EAStarWars twitch channel.

Also servers are going down tomorrow for Jakku prep. Like an hour or so for each platform at different times.

I just want more survival missions. Dice...put some more of those in the season pass and you have my money. I love playing online but I am having a blast playing these 4 survival missions over and over.

Thats not how I remember it. Rocket launchers and grenade spam were used to hold choke points on the maps. You have one player constantly feeding them ammo and it was effective as hell against infantry. The rocket launcher had the same (or really close) damage radius as a grenade.

Only a few maps had chokepoints at all, most maps in old battlefront were huge and very open outside of a few inside locations. Missile launchers were not all that effective in infantry combat, slow reloads, limited ammo, and easy to dodge really.

jackdoe

You need to learn how to do strafing runs. Once you learn this, you can easily get one to three kills each run. Rebel air superiority is completely overpowered. To the point where I got wrongfully accused of cheating for doing extremely well in an A-Wing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I just want more survival missions. Dice...put some more of those in the season pass and you have my money. I love playing online but I am having a blast playing these 4 survival missions over and over.

I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed them as well. Maybe that Star Wars feel effect, lol.

Jakku stream in 15 minutes... whoo!

You need to learn how to do strafing runs. Once you learn this, you can easily get one to three kills each run. Rebel air superiority is completely overpowered. To the point where I got wrongfully accused of cheating for doing extremely well in an A-Wing.

It sucks that even if Imperials wanted to stop the Rebels from totally fucking their walkers, they have a super difficult time if a person gets an A-Wing.

That reminds me. People are memorizing spawn locations for air battles in walker assault. I spawned once and got shot down almost immediately.

Fix that shit, DICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom