• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikami

Something About the vehicle and hero tokens that has not been mentioned is that sometimes you have to be skilled to grab them when they appear on a hot zone. Ive seen many players die running towards them or be killed before they can trigger them. Sometimes it is not that random who gets them.

I hate when this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0rCVOF7xo

You're trying to use that hero/vehicle token? lol nope, let me shoot you out of it.
You pretty much need a personal shield if you want to grab these..

Do you have a link to your Battlefront community website where you are always talking about. I am kinda curious :)
http://theSWBFC.com. We built a new website for the new game, but the lack of private matches put s wet blanket on things a bit. We used to use free forum hosts and have moved between a few in our time, though out PS4 Community has over 100 members right now, all veterans of the old game.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
You need to learn how to do strafing runs. Once you learn this, you can easily get one to three kills each run. Rebel air superiority is completely overpowered. To the point where I got wrongfully accused of cheating for doing extremely well in an A-Wing.

could you give some tips, I barely make any ground kills while in the air

Kingsora

http://theSWBFC.com. We built a new website for the new game, but the lack of private matches put s wet blanket on things a bit. We used to use free forum hosts and have moved between a few in our time, though out PS4 Community has over 100 members right now, all veterans of the old game.

well you have that one mode that's quite fun to play 1 vs 1 with the Heroes and AI teammates.

I think it's amazing some people still play Battlefront II after all this time :)

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
could you give some tips, I barely make any ground kills while in the air

I come in from a pretty steep angle. Get some good altitude towards the edge of the map, point towards the battlefield, and decrease your speed to a crawl. Coming down at this deep angle is gonna make you less likely to draw ground fire. Once you get within range you can see the troops running around like little ants. Start hammering with lasers and the pull up at the last second. I wouldnt accelerate until you have your nose up again or you won't have time to pull up.

Also if you have your ass towards the enemy spawn, give a good look towards their horizon before you begin your strafe or a spawning enemy fighter might come in right behind and youre easy pickings. If you see them coming in though you can swoop on them instead.

I kinda make figure 8s with slow descents and then speedy accelerations back to high altitude, with an eye on the enemy fighter spawn.

I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed them as well. Maybe that Star Wars feel effect, lol.

Jakku stream in 15 minutes... whoo!

Oh that's exactly what it is for me. I have no shame admitting that. This is also coming from a guy who used to play the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games over and over just for that same effect.

I will say though, I cannot beat them on hard lol. I get close but get destroyed at the end.

So, I came across a rather serious bug/glitch/exploit.
Yesterday a had some credits to burn and bought a shitload of charges for my scan pulse card. The card displays 99 charges.
Every time I die in a match the number of charges resets to 99. Just played a match in dropzone, used about 6 or 7 charges, card displayed 92 charges, died and respawned with 99 charges again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh that's exactly what it is for me. I have no shame admitting that. This is also coming from a guy who used to play the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games over and over just for that same effect.

I will say though, I cannot beat them on hard lol. I get close but get destroyed at the end.

Same here on all points you mentioned, lol.

Watching that one at work now!

Play it on "source" for HD 60fps video.

Knowing DICE and the Battlefield 3/4 DLC I am extremely excited for everything coming to Battlefront. We are in for a treat.

Me Too!

All we need to have the perfect Star Wars Original Trilogy game are Space Battles and the following maps:

1). Dagobah
2). The Death Star [with a map for the surface vehicle battles and also maps for the on-foot interior battles - with an added mission mode for flying into the trench and proton torpedoing it]
3). Bespin [Cloud City]
4). Yavin IV

Vehicles:

1). B-Wing
2). Storm IV Twin-Pod Cloud Car
3). Tauntauns for Hoth
4). Darth Vader's Tie-Fighter
5). Dewbacks for Tatooine

Heroes:

1). Yoda
2). Chewbacca
3). Obi-Wan Kenobi
4). Lando Calrissian
5). Biggs Darklighter
6). Wedge Antilles
7). Beru Lars
8). Owen Lars
9). Figrin D’an [leader of The Modal Nodes]
10). General Madine

Villains:

1). IG-88
2). General Veers
3). 4-LOM
4). Bossk
5). Bib Fortuna
6). Death Star Gunners
7). Admiral Piett
8). All of Max Rebo's band members
9). EV-9D9
10). Garindan
11). Grand Moff Tarkin
12). Ponda Baba
13). Tusken Raiders
14). Weequay
15). Zuckuss

Unless I missed something, DICE and EA could literally create the perfect Star Wars game if they included these things.

Did I miss something?

Kingsora

No new Heroes, I know it was stupid hoping for it :'(

Jito

Banned
Trailer looked good, done with the stream now, don't need to watch other people play it.

What's the details on the release of Jakku, I pre ordered the game through PSN, does that mean I get it tomorrow?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I can't do squat with the Barrage. I've tried and the timer is too long. Almost Thermal Detonator long. So, I've switched back to the Impact Grenade. I happily sacrifice blast radius for a near-instant fuse.

And I'm not entirely clear here, but can a player who's procced the personal shield shoot out of it, or is it like the squad shield where blaster anything doesn't go in or out?

You can't shoot at all when you're in a personal shield

Also the way I use the barrage is by using it in tight corridors or around corners. It's also incredible for finishing people off who go around cover because it's almost impossible to avoid all 3 explosions, and if you're already hurt 1 will kill you.

I've put the barrage to serious work because it's just too strong once you get a feel for it.

Wonder if Turning Point mode is going to be available on all the Assault Walker maps or it is just for the Jakku maps. Would be weird to have one new mode only playable on one map.

Dragoshi1

MLG commentary just doesn't work with this game.

As easily as you take out a guy, in turn, you are just as easy to take down.

Hikami

So is turning point only a-
Wonder if Turning Point mode is going to be available on all the Assault Walker maps or it is just for the Jakku maps. Would be weird to have one new mode only playable on one map.
Was just thinking the same. Mode looks fun, but it'll get old quick if it's only on Jakku..

Kingsora

Looks really fun.

Any indication already if this mode will be add to all maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom