• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game has some of the most spectacular "moments" ive ever encountered in video gaming, on a daily basis.

So many instances where you are running along and you see an X wing taking on a tie fighter overhead, only to see them come crashing down in front of you and watching buildings crumble. Walking into a cave only to hear the familiar sound of the thermal imploder, then seeing bodies come flying out.

i love all the little mini battles going on across maps and then seeing the fighters battling overhead.

This game is just pure popcorn fun - i honestly dont care so much about depth or whatever - its one of the few shooters ill keep playing as i can actually perform ok in it as it seems to appeal to the casual fan base.

I still think its one of the best sounding games ive ever heard.

This is what keeps me playing. Yes it's shallow but I've still not lost that Star Wars feeling and awe when I'm playing. And the hype coming up to the new film and the hype for playing the game after the movie will keep me going. They timed the release of this game so cleverly if you asked me. Plus the Battle of Jakku timing. Just the right time when some people are starting to get tired of the maps.

It's really interesting that I've had several people round mine who have watched me play this and it's one of the first mp games where I had gamers and non-gamers actually watch me play the game and look genuinely interested. Some of my mates have just outright bought it after seeing it just because it looks and sounds so authentic. Even though many decided not to get it because of the light content, but just couldn't help themselves after seeing it and playing it haha.

Ozorov

Just played a few games.

• There is a startup timer beyond the 30 seconds. I had to wait while everyone was loading into the map.
  • You now play both attack and defend in Walker Assault
  • What seemed like a fully charged pulse rifle brought me down to 45 hp,
  • Seems they have done something with the spawns, as a Rebel on Hoth I now was never spawning right near the left m-com on the first section. I did spawn as Han right into an Orbital Strike (FML).
  • There seems to be a delay on the barrage power up. Enough time to get out, since the delay triggers when they are on the ground. No more easy kills.
Have to play some more but these were the things that I noticed. The AT-AT's still melt though.
I like what I'm reading. Is this on PC btw?

GrazGamer

So until this game I had never played an online shooter in 20 years of gaming but I decided to give it a go, on PC.

I tried with the controller but got my ass handed to me a lot and said as much in a previous post but on the advice of others I decided to try with K/M, which was surprisingly straight forward, even on the couch.

I am not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but I am having fun I didn't expect to have.

Some games I can go into and die a lot but other times, like last night, I got into a few games and managed to do reasonably well, getting some of my best results.

I only have a 0.3 K\D ratio and my win ratio is only about 44% but I am trying to follow the objectives rather than run around wildly and while sometimes I don't believe I am having much impact on the game there are other times where I do and I definitely feel I am getting better.

I have reached level 13 yesterday so still a long way behind many other players in the games I am playing in but it doesn't detract from the fun even when almost everyone else seems better than me.

I don't get to play much and I am away for a week next week so I expect to come back to everyone being on a much higher level than me but as long as I can still have fun with it while still being behind everyone else I will keep playing.

Majin Boo

Just played a few games.

• There is a startup timer beyond the 30 seconds. I had to wait while everyone was loading into the map.
  • You now play both attack and defend in Walker Assault
  • What seemed like a fully charged pulse rifle brought me down to 45 hp,
  • Seems they have done something with the spawns, as a Rebel on Hoth I now was never spawning right near the left m-com on the first section. I did spawn as Han right into an Orbital Strike (FML).
  • There seems to be a delay on the barrage power up. Enough time to get out, since the delay triggers when they are on the ground. No more easy kills.
Have to play some more but these were the things that I noticed. The AT-AT's still melt though.

Well that's a start, anything about the DL-44?

Impulsor

List of things I want tweaked:

-DL-44
-Fighter Squadron
-Nerf Falcon Shield so it can't obliterate Slave 1 without suffering damage.
-Nerf A-Wings
-Buff TIEs
-AT-AT Assault rebalance so it's less one sided.
-Grenades tweaks so it isn't a Michael Bay movie every time.

I'd be happy with that.

bombshell

Screenshot of the 1.03 details on PS4.

nNLaOhH.jpg

Faceache

So until this game I had never played an online shooter in 20 years of gaming but I decided to give it a go, on PC.

I tried with the controller but got my ass handed to me a lot and said as much in a previous post but on the advice of others I decided to try with K/M, which was surprisingly straight forward, even on the couch.

I am not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but I am having fun I didn't expect to have.

Some games I can go into and die a lot but other times, like last night, I got into a few games and managed to do reasonably well, getting some of my best results.

I only have a 0.3 K\D ratio and my win ratio is only about 44% but I am trying to follow the objectives rather than run around wildly and while sometimes I don't believe I am having much impact on the game there are other times where I do and I definitely feel I am getting better.

I have reached level 13 yesterday so still a long way behind many other players in the games I am playing in but it doesn't detract from the fun even when almost everyone else seems better than me.

I don't get to play much and I am away for a week next week so I expect to come back to everyone being on a much higher level than me but as long as I can still have fun with it while still being behind everyone else I will keep playing.

A lot of the skill in modern shooter's comes from learning to predict where the enemy is likely to appear from and being ready for it. I recommend giving the smaller game types a go, such as Drop Zone, and keeping a close eye on your radar to learn how it works.

The bigger modes in the game can result in some pretty random and frankly unfair deaths, so it's difficult to filter out deaths where you did something wrong from the random ones.

bombshell

So it's confirmed Turning Point is only playable on the Graveyard of Giants map. It's the only map showing up when I press square on the mode.

The 2 new maps can be selected in all the other modes as they said.

So it's confirmed Turning Point is only playable on the Graveyard of Giants map. It's the only map showing up when I press square on the mode.

they will probably slowly make variants of the other maps to accommodate it.

and too bad there's no Battlelog for this, they had patch notes up there in big detailed posts. (also would like to read some of them delicious stats and match results)

That's a shame. Hopefully they roll it out to incorporate more maps from the other modes. Turning Point sounds like a cool new mode!

FeD.nL

I like what I'm reading. Is this on PC btw?

Well that's a start, anything about the DL-44?

Yup on PC.

Played Sullust just now:

• Imperials now have access to Tie Interceptors phase 1, Tie fighters phase 2 and no air vehicles phase 3
  • Rebels have X-wings phase 1, A-wings phase 2, snowspeeders phase 3. So safe up those anti vehicle turrets for the snowspeeders
  • Boba Fett's missle seems to have been slightly nerfed. Only a direct hit on a target standing still resulted in a kill. I hit my missle hit a running target and it took 70 hp off of him.
  • Someone in my game said his DL-44 was nerfed, haven't checked myself.
  • Sullust has the spawns tweaked because it was much easier as imperials to hold the first phase down. Second phase can still be a bitch though.

kriskrosbbk

When you hit square on turning point mode to choose a map the only option is the Graveyard of Giants one.No turning point for the old maps folks.
But hey you can play Supremacy and WA on the new one.

Do what I did.

Select Blast, choose the ice cave level. Always.

Your mark here is, if the score hasn't reached 50 kills in when you hit the 5 minute mark, you are good to go.

I'll give it a try. Just hopped back on after not playing for a while and went 23-3 first game. Needless to say I was pretty salty when the trophy didn't pop...

Fonds

Anyone having problems finding a game on PS4?

It's giving me nothing but empty games atm.

*edit* seems to have fixed itself :p

Choabac

I put in the dlc code for Jaku last week and now it shows turning point with "content not installed" over the top of it. When I click it it says that I don't own or have access to the content for availability and for me to check the store. I click on the store but nothing loads.

Is this same message everyone else is getting or is the content not tied to my account?

mileS

Ugh I fucking hate patch notes like that. Might as well say "fixed some stuff" because thats all I get from that.

Has anyone tested the A-wings hit box?

Ozorov

I put in the dlc code for Jaku last week and now it shows turning point with "content not installed" over the top of it. When I click it it says that I don't own or have access to the content for availability and for me to check the store. I click on the store but nothing loads.

Is this same message everyone else is getting or is the content not tied to my account?

The maps isnt live yet

Selvin

Neo Member

I get the same message, playing on PS4. When I used the code I checked twice that it had been used, so I am pretty sure that it was activated correctly.

they will probably slowly make variants of the other maps to accommodate it.

and too bad there's no Battlelog for this, they had patch notes up there in big detailed posts. (also would like to read some of them delicious stats and match results)

Wouldn't bet on it. Sending gamemodes to die is kinda a specialty of Dice. Its possible, but past history would say not probable.

Meh, tried Ice Caves for Blast three times now. I only had most kills twice, but all three ended before time was up :l

Fuck this trophy until they patch it. And when they patch it, I hope they lower the requirements ("get a five killstreak" would be nice) or straight up give it to anyone who's had most kills before.

Ozorov

Meh, tried Ice Caves for Blast three times now. I only had most kills twice, but all three ended before time was up :l

Fuck this trophy until they patch it. And when they patch it, I hope they lower the requirements ("get a five killstreak" would be nice) or straight up give it to anyone who's had most kills before.

So the bug is that you don't get the trophy if you win before the time is up?

mileS

They nerfed the pulse rifle? Why would they do that? Might as well remove it from the game.

I haven't used it much so I can't comment. Seems like a strange card to nerf. I mean it was super powerful yes, but still required a decent amount of skill on PS4 (obviously different on PC) that is if your target wasn't just sitting there. They probably looked at the data and seen that a large % of people used it and racked up a ton of kills with it. Not like that would justify a nerf but still. I mean with the Cycler Rifle being garbage now too, what are we left with for long range?

Someone on reddit was saying they may have nerfed Impact Grenades. Now that's a nerf I can get behind lol!
They have clearly nerfed the barrage
this as well! An overall nerf to all the grenades would be awesome and would go a long way for most of the community that hates this shit being spammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom