• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

Blast trophy is still fucked
Of course, of course it is.

I got to level 17 and bought the EE-3 gun or whatever its called and I'm mightily disappointed. Fires three short blasts for each burstnof fire and it feels like it takes multiple shots to do any real damage, which goes against what the stats for the gun tell me. Urgh. Quite how people reached rank 40 in the first 2/3 days with this game worries me. How...?! 24/7 play seemed necessary. I've played about 10 hours to get to 17 so no idea how they did it. I'd day I'm middling in terms of where I finish in the leaderboards for most things.
EE-3 really shines in the overlapping area between midrange and long range. If you play the gun's range correctly you will beat mid range weapons as they will be at the threshold of their reach, and also contend with the long range weapons being used in closer segments of their range.

vypek

They are not useless, you just need to aim a shot at them after they are hit.

Yeah, makes sense. Thats what I used to do with the cycler in the beta and it worked well. The grenade was good for around the corner kills when guarding a point though. Of course I always have a thermal as well

deoee

Origin People:

QIaIHfR.png

I'm gotta stream it:

www.twitch.tv/deoee/

kriskrosbbk

The thing that PSN store was updated and there is no sign of Jakku makes a bit concerned.
They just forgot the preorder deal folks lol .We all get it on 8th. Cheers.

Theorry

Not sure of Turning Point is really balanced. The Rebels can very easy and quick reach the last base. Wich is one control point, but its easy to defend for the Imperials that last point. Even if you got rekt before.

Lonnie413

Just take away the A-Wing's shielding ability, give it speed boost, and lower its HP by a smidge to bring it more in line with the Interceptor. Bring the Interceptor's HP up to A-Wing's level and give it idk a faster laser cool down or something.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Not sure of Turning Point is really balanced. The Rebels can very easy and quick reach the last base. Wich is one control point, but its easy to defend for the Imperials that last point. Even if you got rekt before.

Isn't that what they were going for, that it's more difficult for the imperials to hold? The Imperials have three chances and it if all the chanches are 50/50, the imperials would eventually win easily.

Klyka

Banned
Not getting anything on Origin, even though I preordered as soon as it was possible...

Guess I have to wait a week for Jakku. Lame.

right click Battlefront. select "game details". Look at bottom of the page next to the season pass. click it and select "download".

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So I am still getting that I don't have acces to the Jakku content? Is it because it's not avalaible yet or is it because there is something wrong with my pre-order?

PS4 btw

Kane1345

Still deciding if barrage is a worthwhile card to have now. The delay on grenade activation is enough for people to get out of dodge unless they're in a tunnel or something. Might be a greater change for the good though because there is a lot of grenade spam in the game

Theorry

Still deciding if barrage is a worthwhile card to have now. The delay on grenade activation is enough for people to get out of dodge unless they're in a tunnel or something. Might be a greater change for the good though because there is a lot of grenade spam in the game

Yeah its for sure nerfed. People have alot of time to run away now. Will still be good in small corridors i think.

bosseye

They really need to fix the melee - so bizarre that you can't move whilst melee'ing, leads to some ridiculous situations.

Also, has anyone else had their star card greyed out after dying just after activation? Is that a bug or am I missing something? Went to use explosive shot, died, card was greyed out and I was unable to use explosive shot for the remainder of the game.

deoee

Turning Point is really fun. It feels like a dynamic battlefield.
I wish they'd just make it available for all big maps (and vice versa, WA available for Jakku)

vypek

Any body know if some of the "graphical glitches" are fixed? The one in mind is that sometimes after homing shot it used, anytime I zoom in I am see my screen get the same greenish overlay that I had in homing shot. Same goes for orbital strike sometimes.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'll have to wait until the 8th to sample Jakku, since I'm still renting. Glad to see others say it's fun.

I'm continuing to find that I'm really good at Fighter Squadron relative to other modes. Maybe my childhood spent playing the X-Wing series is paying off?

I would like some patch notes.

Stuff still needs addressing but does seem like they did do some balance fixes which sound good. Not sure that pulse rifle needed such a big nerf though, it was something that required skill to use unlike the cyclic rifle used to be instant one shots

Kane1345

Barrage is still be good for controlling points or uplinks. It just isn't the cheap kill card it was before.

After playing with it a bit more I have to agree that it's way more situational now than it was before. Before it was useful everywhere but it's now best used in corridors, choke points and capture zones

B-Dex

Barrage is still be good for controlling points or uplinks. It just isn't the cheap kill card it was before.

You literally have almost 8 seconds to run away from it now. It is useless unless other grenades are being spammed at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom