• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekgrey

Well fuck my K/D ratio is about to get even worse haha

Edit: yeah, the burst paitol is my gun of choice right now, sometimes the modified Jawa blaster for smaller maps, but haven't unlocked the E-11 yet. Hopefully today.

so basically most of the stuff that actually needed nerfing didnt get touched. Thats just super.

Nothing is sacred.

At least take solace in the fact that things like driving people to treat the game like a TDM instead of focusing on the objective will always be a constant.

Just played a Blast Match on the new map. Spawns are fucked even on this map. There are freaking caves and shit where you can spawn yet there they are spawning right in the open with 3-4 enemies with their backs turned to them. WTF!

Which weapon is best in your opinion?

E-11 is all purpose beast.

I've been eating people up with the SE-14C after I figured out the burst on it. Even beating out people with DL-44 CQ. The good people that I have ran into using DL-44 we kill each other if we both engage each other at the same time. It also seems like the SE-14C has a bit more autoaim to it. Might be due to compensating for the burst.

Hikami

Well this was surprising
Y2OZ10h.jpg

I was expecting Turning Point to be heavily one-sided for Imperials but we won as Rebels pretty easily too, depends on your team I guess.
You're still Imperial fodder most of the time though as Rebels, actually went pretty negative like 2 and 13 K/D or something.

Smoke grenades are really useful here btw. Can provide lots of cover while capturing or just trying to get to the capture points in general since there's little cover.

You've been able to choose maps since the game came out.

On PS4 you hit square instead of X when choosing a game mode and that will take you to a map select menu.

And yes Jakku is available to all modes.
Shit I didn't know that at all! I just choose which mode I want and it puts me into random games.

B-Dex

Walker Assault is good on Jakku. Maybe a slight rebel skew. But otherwise seems balanced. Had to wait 20 mins for a match but it was fun.

Now I'm waiting for a Goazan Badlands Drop Zone. Been 15 only 3 people.

It is but why add another layer if bullshit by pretending you are not sitting on it.
Now this may sound crazy, but stay with me here. Jakku may not have been done in time for the game to go Gold.

giphy.gif

- DL-44 is still a two-shot kill.
- Homing shot still locks on too quickly.
- A-Wings are still impossible to hit.
- Personal shields are still god mode.
- Barrage is nerfed.

End patch notes.
This is so damned disappointing to hear. Though the A-Wings are the only thing that drives me to madness.

It is crazy how even my kills are. On the stupid Diorama I currently have 1,227 kills as an Imperial soldier and 1,225 kills as a Rebel Soldier. "Balance!"

Another change I just noticed is in the Diorama, they changed "Win 10 matches in each of the Battlefront multiplayer modes" to "Win 10 matches in each of the original Battlefront multiplayer modes" on the T-47 Airspeeder. Wonder whose job was that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jakku really highlights how aggressive the LOD transitions in Battlefront can be. One of the downed AT-AT's feet looks like a muddy, shitty texture until you're really close. I'd be nice if DICE had included an LOD slider.

k4n3

Banned
wow this new map is about as lazy and uninspired as you can get its literally a giant sandbox with trash just randomly thrown around the map

Ferr986

Considerng the problem with A-Wings is not just some parameters like damage, but its their hitboxs that are broken, I don't think we're going to see them fixed soon...

If it was a forest "another Endor"
If it was snow "another Hoth"
Volcanic world "another Sullust"

I just don't know what people expect anymore

Damned it you do, damned if you don't. The DLC is a movie tie-in. It's not like Dice decided that it would another desert planet. What other choice did they have? Not release DLC based on The Force Awakens? Then you'd have another large group of people complaining that Battlefront is ignoring potential play spaces from the new movie.

k4n3

Banned
lmao i went to search goolge for the patch notes Eurogamer use comments from random people on reddit as a source, and it wasnt even a definitive comment he was like "ugh i think they nerfed the dl-44 maybe.... idk" but in big bold headlines DL-44 NERFED! you heard it here first!

way to gain credibility

mileS

A-Wings hitbox wasn't fixed eh. Well thats depressing. Like I said in previous posts, I've found ways around it, to deal with the bullshit, but this is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom