• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

They could have easily done an urban environment with Tattooine (Mos Eisley)--missed opportunity.

Yeah, the end of the walker assault Tattooine map is a tease of how an urban Tattooine could play. Mos Eisley (or some other settlement, maybe Achorhead) would be an amazing addition.

mileS

wow this new map is about as lazy and uninspired as you can get its literally a giant sandbox with trash just randomly thrown around the map

It's a warzone on a desert like planet. I think they did a good job for what it is. Making it look like an actual warzone, making it look like a crazy battle has been going on for a while. Still making the map function like it should, having plenty of cover and different lanes to rush, but making it look like all the debris is random and chaotic.

darthbob

KrgikmS.gif

lolwtf is up with that explosion

OmegaFax

This game has the worst aim-assist especially when switching to ADS. Get the authentic "can't shoot shit" feeling of a Stormtrooper from the films. My DL-44 aim is so bad I'm starting to believe Greedo did shoot first.

Theorry

I hate Hoth so much. I can do well on every map but on that map i just cant get any kills. Its all such long range. Getting raped by every weapon and i cant get kills on that map for some reason.

B-Dex

They made highest objective score/defended the primary win screen mention with most kills in a secondary slot now. Lol

They made highest objective score/defended the primary win screen mention with most kills in a secondary slot now. Lol
So odd that a developer as experienced as DICE wouldn't understand the importance of emphasizing objective play from the very beginning. Emphasize k/d at all and that's what the player base will be concerned with.

I'm not sure, but I played the Falcon just now and it seemed like the health depleted faster than before.
Or it's just that I had the entire opposing team shooting at me

Majanew

Banned
Still don't want to play as imperial on Walker Assault. This game has serious spawn and balance issues. Might trade it in, but it's just so purdy.

I posted this earlier, but I really think DICE could make the perfect Star Wars [Original Trilogy] game if they included the following things in the expansions:

MAPS:

0). SPACE BATTLES - All DICE has to do is make a space battle in front of the original Death Star from "Star Wars", and then an additional one from "Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi" with Endor and the unfinished Death Star in the background and I would be happy. Throw in the asteroid field from "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back" and DICE just pleased everybody.
1). Dagobah
2). The Death Star [with a map for the surface vehicle battles and also maps for the on-foot interior battles - with an added mission mode for flying into the trench and proton torpedoing it]
3). Bespin [Cloud City]
4). Yavin IV
5). Mos Eisley [Tatooine]

VEHICLES:

1). B-Wing
2). Storm IV Twin-Pod Cloud Car
3). Tauntauns for Hoth
4). Darth Vader's Tie-Fighter
5). Dewbacks for Tatooine

HEROES:

1). Yoda
2). Chewbacca
3). Obi-Wan Kenobi
4). Lando Calrissian
5). Biggs Darklighter
6). Wedge Antilles
7). Beru Lars
8). Owen Lars
9). Figrin D’an [leader of The Modal Nodes]
10). General Madine

VILLAINS:

1). IG-88
2). General Veers
3). 4-LOM
4). Bossk
5). Bib Fortuna
6). Death Star Gunners
7). Admiral Piett
8). All of Max Rebo's band members
9). EV-9D9
10). Garindan
11). Grand Moff Tarkin
12). Ponda Baba
13). Tusken Raiders
14). Weequay
15). Zuckuss

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I posted this earlier, but I really think DICE could make the perfect Star Wars [Original Trilogy] game if they included the following things in the expansions:

MAPS:

0). SPACE BATTLES - All DICE has to do is make a space battle in front of the original Death Star from "Star Wars", and then an additional one from "Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi" with Endor and the unfinished Death Star in the background and I would be happy. Throw in the asteroid field from "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back" and DICE just pleased everybody.
1). Dagobah
2). The Death Star [with a map for the surface vehicle battles and also maps for the on-foot interior battles - with an added mission mode for flying into the trench and proton torpedoing it]
3). Bespin [Cloud City]
4). Yavin IV
5). Mos Eisley [Tatooine]

VEHICLES:

1). B-Wing
2). Storm IV Twin-Pod Cloud Car
3). Tauntauns for Hoth
4). Darth Vader's Tie-Fighter
5). Dewbacks for Tatooine

HEROES:

1). Yoda
2). Chewbacca
3). Obi-Wan Kenobi
4). Lando Calrissian
5). Biggs Darklighter
6). Wedge Antilles
7). Beru Lars
8). Owen Lars
9). Figrin D’an [leader of The Modal Nodes]
10). General Madine

VILLAINS:

1). IG-88
2). General Veers
3). 4-LOM
4). Bossk
5). Bib Fortuna
6). Death Star Gunners
7). Admiral Piett
8). All of Max Rebo's band members
9). EV-9D9
10). Garindan
11). Grand Moff Tarkin
12). Ponda Baba
13). Tusken Raiders
14). Weequay
15). Zuckuss
That's kind of a shitty list when you talk about villains

DryvBy

My friend and I are having a discussion. Are all the maps just sections of the supremacy maps per planet?

Example: Hoth blast map is just a section of the Hoth supremacy map.

Ozorov

I tend to let the challenges dictate what I'm playing. Keeps me from not sticking with one mode and burning out.

I'm always starting the day with one game of supremacy, then one game of walker assasult and so on. Working my way through the playlist. So I'm trying to play one mode atleast once a day or so If I have time. Except maybe hero hunt, cause that is not fun at all imo.

My friend and I are having a discussion. Are all the maps just sections of the supremacy maps per planet?

They reuse a lot of the same assets and some of the same areas, but also have new areas that aren't accessible in smaller modes. Half the small maps are completely unique and don't reuse a lot of the same assets/areas of the large maps, though.

B-Dex

Ice caves is nowhere in the supremacy map.

Goazan Badlands can see the ship crash from turning point way off in the distance. I really like it. Desert canyon with a tunnel and tight canyon corridors.

5taquitos

Not at all. There are many examples, but you won't find the Hoth Ice Caves or the Jawa Refuge on their planets' respective Supremacy maps. There are some that reuse general layouts, but the prop placement is different.

farmerboy

Played a bit of walker assault last night for the first time. I must say I enjoyed it, but there's something about the game that I'm just not grasping.

I get absolutely pumped and I'm not sure what to do to get better. I don't really know the maps but I gather that 40 guys on one map means that knowing the map won't make much difference.

And it feels like I get killed real easy. Any tips?

The game's fucking gorgeous though.

I doubt it, but does anyone have a spare PS4 Jakku code? I was going to buy one from CD Keys but it looks like it's only for the PC.

How do you get in a T-47 Airspeeder? Is it a powerup you have once you're already in the air?

It's a regular vehicle pickup, normally during stage 3 Walker Assault.

border

Tried some Turning Point on Jakku. It seems only marginally different than Supremacy. It's another "run a long way to capture point, get cut down en route, respawn and try again" type map.

It seems like it would be an interesting mode if the teams were allowed to talk and coordinate pushes on control points. But since we're not it's just another meat grinder clusterfuck where everybody does whatever they want and maybe you'll win or maybe you'll just eat it for 10 minutes until time expires. If you try to capture a point on your own, chances are that everyone else is so far away that you'll be dead by the time they get there. So you pretty much have to approach the points with 2-3 people running with you.

moai

I cant play jakku. When the map is on the rotation it never finds games. When i put it off it takes 2 minutes to find a game. I guess no one preordered this game in southamerica (x1). This set a bad precedent for the season pass, no one is going to be playing those maps. They should give them for free.
Are there any gaffers from this region finding any games? I want to know if i should change to ps4 version.

Tried some Turning Point on Jakku. It seems only marginally different than Supremacy. It's another "run a long way to capture point, get cut down en route, respawn and try again" type map.

It seems like it would be an interesting mode if the teams were allowed to talk and coordinate pushes on control points. But since we're not it's just another meat grinder clusterfuck where everybody does whatever they want and maybe you'll win or maybe you'll just eat it for 10 minutes until time expires. If you try to capture a point on your own, chances are that everyone else is so far away that you'll be dead by the time they get there. So you pretty much have to approach the points with 2-3 people running with you.

I was worried about this--a mode like that looks like it would benefit from teamwork and communication.

Played a lot of R6 Siege beta this past weekend and thank god for team voice options. Met some cool people and wouldn't have won a lot of rounds without team voice chat.

Klyka

Banned
The new map is really fun, I love it!

Supremacy is insane on it cause how wide and open it is. Really hard to get to the points on the rebel side!

Voidwolf

PS4 for me. They asked me what platform and what my PSN is. Took about 2 mins. Totally worth it.

Edit: they probably asked for my PSN because they won't give out more than 1 per PSN account.

How long did it take for you to get set up with someone to talk to? My chat has been sitting here on the "Please wait" screen for quite a bit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom