• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonds

Plus not wearing a helmet celebrates the new style in the Force Awakens.
It's like saying hey, I'm a dropout too... I don't like where this empire is going.

How long did it take for you to get set up with someone to talk to? My chat has been sitting here on the "Please wait" screen for quite a bit now.

If you just Googled "EA Chat," try the second result. I had the same issues you did when I tried that first result.

I don't know how you other guys did it. I tried twice and both times the EA reps were asking for proof of purchase and actually saw that the Battlefront edition I had wasn't a pre-order edition. It's coming out for free in a week. Can't they just throw me a bone and give me a code? Oh well, haha.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Does the new mode use the original 4 maps or is it just Jakku?

Is Jakku included in Walker Assault and Supremacy?

If you just Googled "EA Chat," try the second result. I had the same issues you did when I tried that first result.

I don't know how you other guys did it. I tried twice and both times the EA reps were asking for proof of purchase and actually saw that the Battlefront edition I had wasn't a pre-order edition. It's coming out for free in a week. Can't they just throw me a bone and give me a code? Oh well, haha.

Really? Bummer. That sucks. Definitely worked for me. Here's the email I got:

Dear ,
This new code has been issued against your open case. The issued code is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
Regards,
Shueb A.
EA Customer Experience

Beaulieu

I cant play jakku. When the map is on the rotation it never finds games. When i put it off it takes 2 minutes to find a game. I guess no one preordered this game in southamerica (x1). This set a bad precedent for the season pass, no one is going to be playing those maps. They should give them for free.
Are there any gaffers from this region finding any games? I want to know if i should change to ps4 version.

Or maybe people are working and havent downloaded the map yet ? Just a guess...

But yeah I agree that its bad for community divide on DLC launches.
I was going to buy the season pass for this but after hitting lvl 25 yesterday, im already getting tired of that game :(

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Just Jakku

Yes

Why the fuck would they do that? One map mode is worthless.

Tried some Turning Point on Jakku. It seems only marginally different than Supremacy. It's another "run a long way to capture point, get cut down en route, respawn and try again" type map.

It seems like it would be an interesting mode if the teams were allowed to talk and coordinate pushes on control points. But since we're not it's just another meat grinder clusterfuck where everybody does whatever they want and maybe you'll win or maybe you'll just eat it for 10 minutes until time expires. If you try to capture a point on your own, chances are that everyone else is so far away that you'll be dead by the time they get there. So you pretty much have to approach the points with 2-3 people running with you.

So just like every large map Battlefield mode ever. Shocked!

What are some of your thoughts on what's over powered?

I seem to never win a blaster fight against a DL-44 (unlocks at level 25). I'm a good player, and only seem to have an issue when going against players using that blaster.

wolfhowwl

Banned
Put some time in last night and got an AT-AT gunner power-up just in time for the rebels to come running out of cover to shoot the walkers.

So this is the power of the Dark Side...

greenmangaming pre-orders don't count as real ones?

also having connection issues after patch.. poor connection -warning on almost every match now..

B-Dex

This patch ruined matchmaking. I have to turn off Jakku to find any games that aren't empty in any mode other than Turning Point.

Ferrio

Banned
So how do you actually shoot down Y-wings with the Ion Torpedo? People have said in this thread you can do it, I've tried but the Torpedo never hits the damn thing and even if it did the Y-wing already got it's stun off.

Klyka

Banned
So how do you actually shoot down Y-wings with the Ion Torpedo? People have said in this thread you can do it, I've tried but the Torpedo never hits the damn thing and even if it did the Y-wing already got it's stun off.

Their animation doesn't really matter, if you kill a Y-Wing it gets rid of it's icon at the top and thereby shortens the time the AT-AT is vulnerable.

moai

Or maybe people are working and havent downloaded the map yet ? Just a guess...

But yeah I agree that its bad for community divide on DLC launches.
I was going to buy the season pass for this but after hitting lvl 25 yesterday, im already getting tired of that game :(

Nah the game was already struggling without jakku. Yesterday i couldnt find any supremacy matches, just WA. On the official ea battlefront xbox forums theres already some threads complaining about asia, australia and brazil empty servers. On the ps4 ones there is none.
Halo 5 and other games have the same problem, with the disaster that the x1 is outside the us developers should start putting on the cover "multiplayer only available on us".
Otherwise let us choose servers, at least on this console. But this is a vicious circle, small markets dont get any attention, stuff like this happens and they get smaller :(
For my part never again buying an x1 multiplayer version.

Klyka

Banned
So you fire the cannon as they begin attacking or what?

You mean the Ion Torpedo?

Once you play the maps a bit,you know where the Y-Wings spawn at. Then just lock on and shoot them with it. This will lower the time that the AT-AT is vulnerable. One Torpedo kills a Y-Wing.

Klyka

Banned
I'm a spunky chick who spams the same emote over and over again on both sides of the Galactic Civil Fence.

image.php

Idk what the fuck happened, but it seems I can't aim after the update... lol. I played 4 matches of WA and got like 5/15. And just yesterday I had matches ending with 20/5.... what the? Seriously, it looks like aim assist is gone for me. And I suck at aiming in controllers.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I've only done it once and had to get the lockon while it was swooping down to the first AT-AT, so the missile was heading towards it rather than chasing it.

It seems finicky taking down air vehicles in general though.

N30RYU

A-wings
DL-44

+1

DL-44 should be nerfed (maybe 3 shoots overheat or someting like that)... the A-wings hit box equal to the x-wings

And the new mode is Empire focussed... 20 ppl defending the last spot makes it quite dificult to capture it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I tend to let the challenges dictate what I'm playing. Keeps me from not sticking with one mode and burning out.

I was doing that until I got a challenge around targeting rifle kills, which wouldn't unlock for me for another 10 levels..

antonz

Jesus Turning point is awful. Gameplay has conditioned people to be way too eager to Camp and now they add a mode that is literally the complete opposite. Watch the Rebels do nothing but camp around AT-AT wrecks etc not even trying to hold the capture points

MADGAME

who the hell plays as a dark trooper in hoth...
Actually it's not that bad. Snow accumulates on the armor, making the color a blend of black and white. While not overly camouflaged while moving, you blend in fairly well against the mountains/hills and also in Echo Base.

deoee

How about just having them ready for when the patch went live? Or not some vague balance changes description in the notes that were put out.

I know what you mean but personally a day more ore less does not change what the patch did :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom