• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

Just popped me and update for the game. and once in the game is you select the new mode it ask you if you wanna go to the store to download it or just "exclude" it

If you didn't preorder, you get it a week later. on Dec 8th

Guess I didn't buy it in time. When I do that it says tell me more.

Turning point is grayed out just taunting me.

CoLaN

I wish they would stop putting maps or entire game modes behind preorder incentives, even if its just one week early access.

Jito

Banned
Saw a post on the battlefront subreddit saying the invincibility glitch has been patched which is great, hope we get some proper patch notes soon.

Yeah I don't know about Turning Point. I thought I was going to love it. In actual practice though it seems like the ultimate zerg mode. As long as Rebels just head towards a point they will cap it every time since it takes so long for the point percentage to fall. I wish this game at least had a 5-10 second respawn timer.

I know it is still early but not feeling it. Also, holy fuck did they nerf the fuse on barrage. I'm not going to say it is useless but it is a lot less appealing. Thermal Detonator seems to now have a shorter fuse time AND a 5 second less cooldown fully upgraded. Guess it is back to Thermal Detonator for me.

Ozorov

Did that. Says it's unavailable. Entered my Deluxe Edition code which said it gave me access to both the Deluxe content and early Jakku access on launch day.

US here.

Okey, I got my code with the "Day 1"-edition. Have you seen any others with the deluxe edition getting Jakku?

I know it is still early but not feeling it. Also, holy fuck did they nerf the fuse on barrage. I'm not going to say it is useless but it is a lot less appealing. Thermal Detonator seems to now have a shorter fuse time AND a 5 second less cooldown fully upgraded. Guess it is back to Thermal Detonator for me.
I'm not going to complain about any of those changes. Have you noticed any other changes?

Apeboy

wtf DICE

Upwards of 2gigs of data on content you've been sitting on and couldn't include it in the original install/download to be unlocked a week later.

really, wtf

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is Turning Point only on Jakku or does it apply to the other maps as well? Haven't gotten a straight answer on that yet.

wtf DICE

Upwards of 2gigs of data on content you've been sitting on and couldn't include it in the original install/download to be unlocked a week later.

really, wtf
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I thought the general consensus was DLC-On-Disc was akin to eating babies.

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to respond. I agree that the A-Wing is utterly ridiculous. However, whenever I am Imperials I just go for X-Wings only. I don't even bother with A-Wings, which has helped ease my frustration level greatly. Fighter Squadron still remains my second-most favorite game mode, in spite of DICE's oversight (Blast being my first).

My buddy and I figured out a pretty good tactic to dealing with A-Wings which works on pretty much everyone. The trick is to not lock on them initially(no L2). Get as close as you can to one and follow them until they are going straight(only time hitbox isn't completely broken) for 1-2 seconds then slow the hell down and unleash lasers. You should be able to get them down to half health or sometimes even kill before they react. If they go into evasive maneuvers/shield let go of lock at this point and just follow them a little bit, they'll think they evaded you. They will start scanning for someone to attack and at this point you lock and unload your missile and it should be a kill. If for whatever reason you still see them spazzing out it is because one of your teammates has a lock on them.

Have had a lot of success doing the above even though it still doesn't stop the snowballing if the Rebel side has 4+ A-Wings just because your average player doesn't stand a chance at killing one.

I'm not going to complain about any of those changes. Have you noticed any other changes?

None that are readily apparent. E-11 was great on Jakku except for the last point where I switched to SE-14C on Imperial side. The burst is just crazy good in such close quarters. Also good news for anyone going for AT-ST tramples. AT-ST spawns near the last point on Turning Point just rush onto the last point and you should get guaranteed 2-3 tramples. Come in from the right side and move through the point and you'll manage to catch a lot of them off guard on the left side. Just don't stop moving forward, it is useless trying to change directions in that thing. Only turn if you know you can get 3-4 guys who don't know you are there. I managed to get 5 just screwing around since I knew the AT-ST is just a sitting duck on that map unless you are aggressive with it. Trample forth my brethren!

bombshell

Is there a place for the full patch notes? I remember DICE usually posts the full notes on their forums.

This seems like as detailed as we will get :(

The below patch notes apply to PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- General bug fixes for vehicles and physics improvements
- Game modes balancing tweaks
- HUD UI adjustments
- Audio optimizations
- General crash and stability fixes
- Online traffic performance improvements
- Various text fixes for all languages
- General bug fixes for both Missions and Multiplayer
- Legacy Controls should now work as intended

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...tlefront-dec-1st-patch-notes-ps4-pc-x1#latest

MGrant

- DL-44 is still a two-shot kill.
- Homing shot still locks on too quickly.
- A-Wings are still impossible to hit.
- Personal shields are still god mode.
- Barrage is nerfed.

End patch notes.

B-Dex

There is nothing wrong with homing shot.
And judging by their lack of nerf transparency I wouldn't want them changing anything else. They are probably scared to post detailed notes.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, the skybox on Jakku is incredible. Missles, Star Destroyers, blaster fire, and a crashing Super Star Destroyer all fill it up and seem like a huge battle is going on. Awesome.

Ozorov

Wow, the skybox on Jakku is incredible. Missles, Star Destroyers, blaster fire, and a crashing Super Star Destroyer all fill it up and seem like a huge battle is going on. Awesome.

Yeah its amazing. The sound and scene when the star destroyer crashes is mind blowing.

I don't think I have died to a homing shot in a while. If you are locked then just hide behind a cover. Don't run in the open and you will never get hit by it.

Also was there a bobba fett nerf? Cause if anything needs nerf its that character.

Did anyone who got the physical Deluxe Edition get two codes in your box? One for the Deluxe content and one for Jakku? Or was there only one code?

ekgrey

Wait, I haven't had a chance to play yet (Jakku downloading now thanks to a code I bought for $0.44 on CDkeys) but is the impact grenade nerfed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom