• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borrowed both versions from the library. Now to decide which one to play...

The PS4 one has a hold on it so maybe not that one since I can't renew it.

Note: I had cancelled my hold on one of them, but they didn't remove it from the hold shelf and when my family member picked up my holds while they were at the library they grabbed both without knowing. It wasn't out of greed. I usually hold both versions then decide which one I want to play and delete the hold from the one I don't want.

Tubie

I just made like 20k credits today from the solo missions.

I had no idea how easy the hero battles were, I did 5 stars on all maps with very few re-tries using Leia. The regular battles are harder but I still got 5 stars on Sollust.

I still have the survival missions left to do, and some more regular battles to try on harder difficulty.

Hikami

Turning Point is great, the 40 player Jakku map is garbage. Haven't tried the smaller one yet.

But seriously this map has shit for cover so you're constantly getting sniped and shot from across the map. Even worse when I tried Walker Assault and Boba Fett just flew on top of the ship and spawn killed our team for a good majority of the match.

Ledhead

I do enjoy the turning point game-mode. The last point seems almost impossible to take as the rebels. Jakku is alright. I have only played the 40 player map and have had a decent time on it. Definitely not my favourite map though.

Delio

Dont really like Turning Point tbh. Also yeah that final point is super hard for Rebels to take. Like a single point is crazy hard for them.

jackdoe

So they nerfed barrage and thermal detonator to the point that they're practically useless. Did they nerf impact grenade as well?

jackdoe

I thought they only nerfed barrage. What'd they do to thermal detonators?
From what I played, it seemed like they definitely reduced splash damage. Thermal detonators used to kill me from a pretty long distance away. Now, at the same distance, it only does 15 damage to me. I think I have to literally be standing on top of it now for it to kill me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
WOW

But those lasers are making me hungry for cake sprinkles the more I look at it.

Hahaha, the first thing I said was, huh, I can make Star Wars cookies or cake and use red and green sprinkles, lol.

Did that. Says it's unavailable. Entered my Deluxe Edition code which said it gave me access to both the Deluxe content and early Jakku access on launch day.

US here.

I have the DE as well. The code in the box mentioned Jakku (like an advertisement), but I do not see anything on "early access" to it. Just the code for the DE unlocks.

I got a separate code emailed after in store pick up from Best Buy when I preordered the game a day and a half before it released.

One code the dlc ones. I got the early access one from best buy I think.

Same.

DLC code. BB emailed me the Jakku early access one the second after I picked it up.

The level of detail in this game is astonishing, the sand getting caught on Imperial soldiers.

R5wIRGw.jpeg

a916

Is there a trick or an easier way to get a shot at talking down an AT-AT with the speeder? I haven't even been in the position to try it.

Is there a trick or an easier way to get a shot at talking down an AT-AT with the speeder? I haven't even been in the position to try it.

You mean with the tow cable? You can only do it when the walker is exposed. Otherwise, it's just a matter of finishing that towing mini-game.

MiguelItUp

Did this game suddenly die? "Settling for empty games" in Walker Assault base game. The servers got battered or something? Strange, I always got in immediately and now it's slowly building up to a playable lobby.
On PC I've never had a serious problem, however there are moments I've experience when that happens. I just back out and search again and generally find a game quickly.

Boke1879

Just had a nice intense match of Turning point. I was on the rebel side. Imperials had the second leg on lock until literally the last few seconds when we captured a point. Unfortunately since we only had 3 minutes in the 3rd leg we just couldn't push forward.

I'm liking this mode so far. It really needs to be extended to the other maps though.

Dragoshi1

Are we invulnerable during the towing minigame?

I won two times for my rebel team by successfully roping the AT-AT, and I was shot at a bunch but I was never killed.

Hikami

Did they change heroes vs villains or was it always like this? Can't use any star cards as infantry until my first death.

Toa TAK

Banned
Are we invulnerable during the towing minigame?

I won two times for my rebel team by successfully roping the AT-AT, and I was shot at a bunch but I was never killed.

Nope. You can still get shot. Regular rifle fire should fuck you up, too, in terms of the towing, if I remember right.

The moment that the second damage phase ends airspeeders spawn on the rebel side except on Endor. I believe there are 3 spawns but only 2 speeders can be in the air at a time. If you want a guarantee just camp the spawns since the airspeeders WILL get shot out of the sky. Then just fly away from the battle till damage phase is about to pop.

Practice the tow line stuff in the tutorial so you don't blow your shot when you get it because it is your first time doing it. Only thing that can bring you down are really AT-ST/smartrocket while you are twirling around. It is kinda difficult to get a lock on the speeder with the Ion Torpedo and actually have it land.

kendrid

Banned
EA support came through for me and got me the code for the maps. I did preorder the game from Best Buy but I was never emailed a code and their support was useless. EA had me upload a photo of my receipt and a few minutes later I had a code.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They could have easily done an urban environment with Tattooine (Mos Eisley)--missed opportunity.

There is nothing "missed" about a game that will have more content coming free and paid DLC.

This is the movie tie in, taking part of the battle that shaped the ruins we saw teased in the movie. This is the perfect opportunity through marketing.

EA support came through for me and got me the code for the maps. I did preorder the game from Best Buy but I was never emailed a code and their support was useless. EA had me upload a photo of my receipt and a few minutes later I had a code.

How long did you have to wait for their chat to connect you to someone? I've been waiting for an hour...

kendrid

Banned
How long did you have to wait for their chat to connect you to someone? I've been waiting for an hour...

5 minutes.

Did you google 'ea chat'? If so that won't work. Go to the real EA site and select support. From there you create a trouble ticket then the chat window properly opens.

You will need a photo of your receipt so that ready.

Use this link

LoveCake

Just played Jakku as Empire & it's impossible! next game was Rebels on Jakku & it was easier then the Endor map.

I'm not saying it should be easy or hard depending on the side you are on, but at least balanced, the first game as Rebel on Jakku I got my highest score ever.

Boke1879

Just played Jakku as Empire & it's impossible! next game was Rebels on Jakku & it was easier then the Endor map.

I'm not saying it should be easy or hard depending on the side you are on, but at least balanced, the first game as Rebel on Jakku I got my highest score ever.

I played Turning point on Jakku and the imperials just had shit on lock down.

On a side note. This update definitely did something. It's taking long for people to join a game. Eventually we get a full match but only after a couple of minutes into the game.

LoveCake

I played Turning point on Jakku and the imperials just had shit on lock down.

On a side note. This update definitely did something. It's taking long for people to join a game. Eventually we get a full match but only after a couple of minutes into the game.

I played that first, I was on the Rebel side, I still am not entirely sure what as a Rebel you are supposed to do, but we got ripped to shreds., as The Empire have the AT-ST at their disposal the Rebels don't seem to have a chance.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
How so?!?

I listed villains from the original trilogy that at least standout, or that there are action figures of...

...who in the world did I leave out then? Lol!

Yes that's exactly the problem, all of the Villains of the OT with the exception of Vader, Emperor, Boba Fett or Jabba (but I doubt we will see him playable) are just not interesting.

The prequels however have some great villains, even the Clone Wars cartoon. But pretty sure they'll at least use 1 or 2 villains from episode 7. There just is nobody interesting from the OT they can add as a Villain.

Did they change heroes vs villains or was it always like this? Can't use any star cards as infantry until my first death.

I just noticed this. Holy shit is it horrible now. If you start as a soldier you should just suicide first thing so you can use your abilities.

Ferrio

Banned
I just noticed this. Holy shit is it horrible now. If you start as a soldier you should just suicide first thing so you can use your abilities.

Good. People should of been suiciding anyways. Emp/leia don't get their bodyguards unless some peons die on your team. Not spawning a single bodyguard in a round is so wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom