• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. People should of been suiciding anyways. Emp/leia don't get their bodyguards unless some peons die on your team. Not spawning a single bodyguard in a round is so wasteful.

Well yeah but at least before you were at least using your cards as you died. Now you can't even do that. It literally is a pointless death.

Boke1879

I played that first, I was on the Rebel side, I still am not entirely sure what as a Rebel you are supposed to do, but we got ripped to shreds., as The Empire have the AT-ST at their disposal the Rebels don't seem to have a chance.

Rebels are supposed to capture one of the points in each section. The idea is to have both sides contesting a point and while the imperials are contesting one the Rebels go and try to capture the other zone.

KodaRuss

I lIke the new map/game mode. Went 41-16 with Imperial. Seems that imperial is at a pretty big disadvantage until the very end. Can end up being a really long match as well.

Great map though imo

N30RYU

Rebels are supposed to capture one of the points in each section. The idea is to have both sides contesting a point and while the imperials are contesting one the Rebels go and try to capture the other zone.
Yeah. This... and then die miserably against 20 enemies trying to capture the last zone.

Wow, Turning Point sure is a blast as a rebel! I love spawning at the back of the map, having to sprint for a long time to get in a position to do anything and then getting killed by a skill cannon before I see an enemy! Or I can spawn on my randomly selected partner who has been at the back of the map the entire time buffing his K/D and not playing the objective! When I do get in the capture point I get about 7 seconds of life before a grenade inevitably kills me! Awesome!
I lIke the new map/game mode. Went 41-16 with Imperial. Seems that imperial is at a pretty big disadvantage until the very end. Can end up being a really long match as well.

Great map though imo
How is Imperial at a disadvantage? You have the enemy funneling in to select spots on the map. You also have the high ground for most of it. It's literally shooting fish in a barrel. It's a camper's dream.

arimanius

I don't know what the patch did besides add a delay to barrage. Played a few games of supremacy and balance and spawns are still a mess.

Ledhead

I don't know what the patch did besides add a delay to barrage. Played a few games of supremacy and balance and spawns are still a mess.

I have seemingly avoided the bad spawn mess. I do get some rough ones at times, but nowhere near as bad as some of those describe by posters in this thread. I didn't read patch notes, but did notice something off with my barrage ability. Good to know it's been delayed I suppose

Wow, Turning Point sure is a blast as a rebel! I love spawning at the back of the map, having to sprint for a long time to get in a position to do anything and then getting killed by a skill cannon before I see an enemy! Or I can spawn on my randomly selected partner who has been at the back of the map the entire time buffing his K/D and not playing the objective! When I do get in the capture point I get about 7 seconds of life before a grenade inevitably kills me! Awesome!

How is Imperial at a disadvantage? You have the enemy funneling in to select spots on the map. You also have the high ground for most of it. It's literally shooting fish in a barrel. It's a camper's dream.

The map is huge, you can approach any of the three spots from so many directions if you want. Any claiming of a point is permanent in this mode, so every little bit you do hurts the empire, it's not really about holding a point for too long. The whole game mode is pretty much a battle of attrition scenario.

Impact grenades are only a kill now if they land a direct hit. They seemed to have fixed the glitch/bug with the unlimited star cards as well. Yesterday I played a ton and continued to stay at 99, today it finally started to go down.

For anyone who wants to rack up a ton of kills on Imperial doing Turning Point. If you get a Thermal Imploder save that shit till you see 5+ on a point. I managed to kill 12 on the last point. Also a tip for those playing on Rebel above 5 players it doesn't make the cap go any faster so if you are on the point you are just making yourself an easier target.

Still not feeling Turning Point though. I think it just feels like too much of a zerg fest.

I have seemingly avoided the bad spawn mess. I do get some rough ones at times, but nowhere near as bad as some of those describe by posters in this thread. I didn't read patch notes, but did notice something off with my barrage ability. Good to know it's been delayed I suppose

Barrage is about as shit as Homing Shot is against a good player now. Not only do you see them whip out there gun for Barrage but you now have a ton of time to run away. Since the grenades explode in sequence you can be standing on the first nade as it lands and start running and you'll dodge all three. It is such a joke. All they needed to do was lower the blast radius and maybe a bit of the damage. Screwing with the fuse timer took away the one advantage it had over a regular Thermal Detonator at a higher cooldown. Using the Thermal Detonator now for a couple of matches and holy shit am I spamming that nade every 10 seconds. I expect a nerf on that in the future as well. I paired it up with the Bounty Hunter trait card for a lot of fun.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Did that. Says it's unavailable. Entered my Deluxe Edition code which said it gave me access to both the Deluxe content and early Jakku access on launch day.

US here.

This is what mine looked like inside the Deluxe box. So it says the 8th, like it is for everyone who purchases the game. The early access was a pre-order incentive that had a separate code.

lFTXY7s.jpg

Bbqf62Z.jpg

minx

The moment that the second damage phase ends airspeeders spawn on the rebel side except on Endor. I believe there are 3 spawns but only 2 speeders can be in the air at a time. If you want a guarantee just camp the spawns since the airspeeders WILL get shot out of the sky. Then just fly away from the battle till damage phase is about to pop.

Practice the tow line stuff in the tutorial so you don't blow your shot when you get it because it is your first time doing it. Only thing that can bring you down are really AT-ST/smartrocket while you are twirling around. It is kinda difficult to get a lock on the speeder with the Ion Torpedo and actually have it land.

Weird, every time I have gone for this I have been shot too much and the cable then snapped. Or I'll be holding the opposite direction of the mini game completely and the cursor still won't go to the middle. It's one achievement that is bothering me.

pistachio

Banned
Not a fan of the new map rotation. Playing the same map twice (once for rebels, another for imperial) is annoying. I'd rather have it the way it was before.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not a fan of the new map rotation. Playing the same map twice (once for rebels, another for imperial) is annoying. I'd rather have it the way it was before.

I am indifferent with it. On one hand I can see people who want to see more variety, on another hand I think it makes it offer the loser a chance to adapt on the same map and try to win on the opposing faction, and vise/versa for the winner to try and win on both sides.

I still think they need to have team juggling with the matchmaking each map/round.

kgb_abc

Neo Member
Not sure if this has been posted or not, but if you are like me and preordered the deluxe edition and did not receive your early Jakku code here is how I got one:

-Open a ticket at help.ea.com
-I chose the option for them to call me (They literally called back in 2 minutes, I never had such quick service)
-They will have you take a picture of your receipt and game disc and upload it to the ticket
-They then emailed me a code

Hope this helps anyone...

Edit: the whole process took about 10 minutes

EA support came through for me and got me the code for the maps. I did preorder the game from Best Buy but I was never emailed a code and their support was useless. EA had me upload a photo of my receipt and a few minutes later I had a code.

Did you talk to them through their chat? I've been having the same issue.

kgb_abc

Neo Member
Did you talk to them through their chat? I've been having the same issue.

Check out my previous post. I chose the option to leave my number and have them call you back. They called within two minutes. It was super easy to get a code if you legitimately preordered...

Oare

I still think they need to have team juggling with the matchmaking each map/round.

This.
I don't know what happened yesterday, but I had three guys on my team (in Blast) who'd just spawn and literally shoot at the sky or at walls until they got killed. They wouldn't even move, they'd just stand still and shoot continually in directions where no enemies could even physically come.
Since teams aren't shuffled between rounds, I got them five times in a row.
Really weird.

Ledhead

This.
I don't know what happened yesterday, but I had three guys on my team (in Blast) who'd just spawn and literally shoot at the sky or at walls until they got killed. They wouldn't even move, they'd just stand still and shoot continually in directions where no enemies could even physically come.
Since teams aren't shuffled between rounds, I got them five times in a row.
Really weird.

Yeah, a team shuffle would be nice. I have been in waaaay too many one-side games, getting stomped, or stomping round after round.

They need to do something about the AT-ST spam in all of the larger modes. Especially the last base in Turning Point is a joke with an AT-ST walking in after the last one died not even a minute ago.

Also make normal blasters do some noticeable damage against them again. The way it is now everyone just stops bothering about them because you simply feel out of place.

Sayers

Yes that's exactly the problem, all of the Villains of the OT with the exception of Vader, Emperor, Boba Fett or Jabba (but I doubt we will see him playable) are just not interesting.

The prequels however have some great villains, even the Clone Wars cartoon. But pretty sure they'll at least use 1 or 2 villains from episode 7. There just is nobody interesting from the OT they can add as a Villain.

DICE could very easily reskin Boba Fett as Cad Bane. And I would pay more money than I care to admit for an Ahsoka hero unit.

Kibbles

This is what mine looked like inside the Deluxe box. So it says the 8th, like it is for everyone who purchases the game. The early access was a pre-order incentive that had a separate code.

lFTXY7s.jpg

Bbqf62Z.jpg

Shit I see mine says that too, what a waste this deluxe edition was. This game hardly has any content for the money, why the maps aren't out for everyone is dumb.

Edit: fuck it bought the season pass and it still won't let me play. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckkkkkk

Check out my previous post. I chose the option to leave my number and have them call you back. They called within two minutes. It was super easy to get a code if you legitimately preordered...

They sent me a code... but it was invalid. I think I'm done with this game for the week.

prag16

Banned
Jesus Turning point is awful. Gameplay has conditioned people to be way too eager to Camp and now they add a mode that is literally the complete opposite. Watch the Rebels do nothing but camp around AT-AT wrecks etc not even trying to hold the capture points
Yep, seems like a total campfest so far.

kgb_abc

Neo Member
I haven't been able to get anyone on the chat. I'll have them call back tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get one that works.

Might want to try the call back feature. You leave your number with them and a rep will call you. The chat wait time for me was 25-30mins and i got a call back almost immediately

BahamutPT

So, um... Is there any way to change your spawn point in Fighter Squadron?
I was constantly spawning in a place where I couldn't control my ship before being thrown against some ship debris on the Jakku map, essentially getting a suicide loop.

How's Jakku? Haven't had a chance to play yet, just got home from work. Damn thing didn't go up when it was supposed to at 8 this morning. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom