• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Gunner

How's Jakku? Haven't had a chance to play yet, just got home from work. Damn thing didn't go up when it was supposed to at 8 this morning. xD

Unlike everyone else in here it seems, I think it's fantastic. Only played turning point, but it seems extremely balanced at this point- I've won and lost plenty of times as both sides.

MDave

I thought I would tackle the Survival modes for a change of pace, and man I am finding this difficult on Hard, haven't even tried Master. Got to the final Wave on Tatooine, they throw everything at you.

Hero Battle and Battle is pretty hard too, can't do these on Master. AI team mates can't rely on to stay out of the way.

How are people getting 5 stars on these modes?! I'm playing solo, though.

nillah

Banned
Same here. I was playing Heroes and Villains. When playing as a soldier, you can't use them the first time. Only when you die first.
Same here same mode. Was wondering if it's because I just equipped the DL-44 which I got from a code inside the deluxe edition of the game.

Wonder if this is a result of a recent patch. I remember in BF4 they patched some ladders and the ability to ride an elevator to the top of a building lol

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
They need to make the fighters enter the map from random directions. Whichever side loses the initial air battle just ends up getting farmed in the skies. Last couple maps I've been dead the exact second I took control.

I thought I would tackle the Survival modes for a change of pace, and man I am finding this difficult on Hard, haven't even tried Master. Got to the final Wave on Tatooine, they throw everything at you.

Hero Battle and Battle is pretty hard too, can't do these on Master. AI team mates can't rely on to stay out of the way.

How are people getting 5 stars on these modes?! I'm playing solo, though.

A good chunk of people are getting 5 stars on Survival by just cheesing the maps in certain spots where you take very little damage and the enemies just funnel into you since that's what the AI does. The Hero Battle Mode on Master is relatively easy with AI accompanying you. Just position the AI in front of you to absorb damage while you pick off the enemy. Remember if you grab the coins from your dropped AI it doesn't count against you. Just be aggressive and pick Leia and use her heal. The soldier one is a bit more challenging but definitely doable, nades are your friends in that mode and just find a place where enemies will funnel into you. If you stay glued to a Blast Cannon in a good position you are practically invincible.

I love Jakku and Turning point because it feels like a real battleground. Teams are forced to use the sparse cover and tactically advance. I love the fire fights that you experience.

Mik2121

Is L1 and R1 acting up for anyone? Go to use one of my cards and it's completely dead but will randomly work

That hasn't happened, but there's been a few times where I started the game and suddenly my character would throw a grenade, jump with the jump pack and use the middle card. What the hell :S

MBison

Is there any other successful method of getting a jakku code that Amazon failed to send with preorder other than ea help desk?

I contacted Amazon and they said contact ea

I did that and did as ea said but they said they have technical issues and can't give me a code for several hours

B-Dex

Jakku is one week early for people that pre-ordered the game. Season Pass gets you 2 week early access to the expansions.

Jakku is one week early for people that pre-ordered the game. Season Pass gets you 2 week early access to the expansions.

How is this stuff still happening in 2015. Early access for a season pass? Does cod do that? This whole game just feels like it's trying to force you to buy the season pass.seems shady

MDave

A good chunk of people are getting 5 stars on Survival by just cheesing the maps in certain spots where you take very little damage and the enemies just funnel into you since that's what the AI does. The Hero Battle Mode on Master is relatively easy with AI accompanying you. Just position the AI in front of you to absorb damage while you pick off the enemy. Remember if you grab the coins from your dropped AI it doesn't count against you. Just be aggressive and pick Leia and use her heal. The soldier one is a bit more challenging but definitely doable, nades are your friends in that mode and just find a place where enemies will funnel into you. If you stay glued to a Blast Cannon in a good position you are practically invincible.

Thanks for the advice!

It's difficult to find a good spot to cheese on Survival Tatooine, there's no place the AT-ST's can't get to on that map that I can find. They are ok on their own to take on, just about if there is two of them if they are close to each other, but on that last wave with every type of trooper after you as well it's crazy. Constantly running away, hoping I stay out of harms way long enough to recover health.

The problems I have with both Battle modes is when I have to come out of cover to collect the coins, most of the time by the time I collect them they have already respawned and attack me from multiple directions. And if I wait too long after killing that wave before I collect the coins, they disappear hah. When I get in a rhythm where I am killing them at a slow but constant rate is when things go bad I guess, and need to take as many out in one go, with nades as you said. Then rush out get coins rush back to cheese spot. That can be tough with the cool down time taking longer then their respawn speed hah.

Any good spots to cheese that you can recommended?

Both Tatooine maps in these modes are too wide open hah.

The Hoth map is tricky in Battle modes too.

Sullust on Survival, I barely did on Normal haha. Will do that one last.

Turning point map is huge! Finally encouraged me to try the pulse cannon and got 26 kills. Definitely going jump pack and pulse cannon on this map.

Also wish we could shoot through the wooden bridges on Endor. They seem so flimsy but they seem to block all my shots.

adj_noun

I was in a 10 on 4 Fighter Squadron game due to a bunch of folks quitting out. (We were the 4)

We were Imperial. They were A-Wings.

I think we ended up with 80 points or so. I'm actually kinda proud of that.

Turning point is great. And the map for it is great too. Very dissapointing that it's the only map with turning point though. Hope they patch the other big maps to support it soon.

So, is nobody playing or something? Matchmaking on PC keeps finding nothing, I only played one round of Turning Point which was cool but I wanted to play Jakku in walker assault mode but there doesn't seem to be anybody playing. :p

So, is nobody playing or something? Matchmaking on PC keeps finding nothing, I only played one round of Turning Point which was cool but I wanted to play Jakku in walker assault mode but there doesn't seem to be anybody playing. :p

Check your Internet connection I'm playing on PC without problems.

derFeef

I like that the best palyer presented is not most kills anymore. Or is that on Turning Point only?
I really like that mode btw. Great addition.

Faceache

Same; the only mode I can play with Jakku enabled is Turning Point.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

you have to turn off jakku on the top if you want to get into a game of anything else not everyone has the dlc and if you have it toggled on its looking for people with jakku

I bought the ultimate digital edition, but apparently a few hours late to count as a preorder.

Is there any way to get a code for Jakku, NA PS4? Can I buy it from somewhere? I have a few days off and I wanna make the most out of them....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I bought the ultimate digital edition, but apparently a few hours late to count as a preorder.

Is there any way to get a code for Jakku, NA PS4? Can I buy it from somewhere? I have a few days off and I wanna make the most out of them....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Flip through the past few pages. Lots of people discuss how they were able to get a Jakku code from EA Support.

The Jakku map is fucking incredible looking, these guys are wazards.

And my god dl44 is just an abomination, it is the only thing people use and I keep getting 1-2 shotted. Damn rank 23...

Flip through the past few pages. Lots of people discuss how they were able to get a Jakku code from EA Support.

speaking with them atm, don't think they wanna help. EA....

yep, spend more than 100$ on their game, they didn't wanna give me a code, said I didn't preorder. Well fuck'em.

I'm loving the new game mode on Jakku.

Feels more like the traditional Battlefield Rush mode. Finally letting me putting that pulse cannon to good use, but I really gotta work on my aim. Seems like its headshot or bust with that thing.

Kane1345

Have they seriously not released the patch notes yet?! Since they nerfed barrage I don't really want it in my rotation right now since I don't really find use for it in TP. Thermal detonators seems like they've been nerfed too. Need notes!

Ozorov

Have they seriously not released the patch notes yet?! Since they nerfed barrage I don't really want it in my rotation right now since I don't really find use for it in TP. Thermal detonators seems like they've been nerfed too. Need notes!
How so?

Impulsor

My experience on PC with the new patch yesterday:

-LEt's try out fighter squadron on jakku.... looking for 80% full games, 70% full games, 60%... 50%.... 40%... 30%... settling for new game.

- *Joins a random match, eventually gets to jakku in the rotation, spawns as tie interceptor, immediately crashes into debris before having control because of too low spawn*

- Pursues A-wing. A-wing is STILL mostly unhittable.

- Rebel Side, grabs millenium falcon, rams slave 1 to test the patch, maybe they fixed this shit*

- Nope, Slave I blows up, Falcon Unscathed. Tries again in the same match, GG WP, 18 K points.

-Let's try Walker Assault now, of course no games available from the get go if searching for jakku,eventually gets there through rotation.

-DL 44 still is OP close to mid range, even got some kills at mid to long range. Barrage nerf isn't that bad.

-New mode is cool.

Patch this shit DICE, your game does not have that much people playing already and this is only going to make it worst.

jeemer

Matchmaking certainly seemed to have gone a little funky last night. They're really going to want to address that asap.

Barrage was a bit overpowered but it's now been nerfed so hard that it's become a bit worthless. I'm glad they seem to have made the grenades weaker across the board though - I even found that impact grenades seemed to take slightly longer to actually throw last night? I think I might switch back to the bowcaster.

I'd still be interested to hear if anyone on pc thinks the DL-44 is broken. I'm becoming more and more convinced it's an issue on console because of the exaggerated snap-to aim assist people have mentioned. I rarely die to it on pc and when I do it seems to be to headshots.

Can't believe people are already bitching about turning point. I only played a couple of games last night but we won as both rebels and imperials. Give it some time, jesus.

Just take away the A-Wing's shielding ability, give it speed boost, and lower its HP by a smidge

That's really not the issue, it's the hitbox especially when it's turning. You can't lock onto them properly compared to any other ship. When someone is new to flying and is going slowly in a straight line with the a-wing they CAN die fast, and missiles still work on them when their maneuvers are on cooldown, even if shields are still up.

Dewbacks for Tatooine
Beru Lars
Owen Lars
Figrin D’an [leader of The Modal Nodes]
All of Max Rebo's band members

You had some great shouts, but are scraping the barrel a bit with these ones I think! I wouldn't want to ever see dewbacks on principle. I was just talking to a friend about how I wished I could somehow play as max rebo himself though, that'd be silly but fantastic!

There are lots of other game modes?

According to the complaints I've read about this game, I'm fairly certain there is only one game mode with 4 maps.

- Nope, Slave I blows up, Falcon Unscathed. Tries again in the same match, GG WP, 18 K points.

Try again just in case they patched in since the first ram eh? Dem points :p

hesido

My(!) patch notes: (Things that I have noticed)
  • Each map is played twice, so after a rotation you'll have played as both sides on the 4 maps, whereas previously you always were the same side on the same map in rotations.
  • Barrage seems to be nerfed, slighlty longer to detonate, and less damage
  • Infinite Charged Star Card glitch(?) seems to be fixed.
  • Spawn points changed drastically
  • Wait time at the beginning of round added, where you can happily jump in place until match starts.

Dr Prob

Banned

Same on PS4, though there are full games happening on the other maps even with Jakku+ selected, so I guess you just have to wait out the rotation at this point instead of heading right into a match.

Only played one game of Turning Point so I don't really have much of an opinion on how it plays other than longer range stuff seems more viable here, as despite shit being scattered about everywhere for cover, players still have to move from shit to shit.

Also, the game gave me 4-5 Orbital Strikes in a row immediately upon entering the game. That doesn't seem right, though I wasn't complaining.

Pretty much enjoyed my time with Turning Point and WA on Jakku. TP is very much like rush though I'm not too sure about the funnelled meat-grinder it becomes on the last checkpoint. Still, I appreciated the abundance of cover across the whole level and in WA managed to win as both the rebels and imperials in back-to-back games, so that was a nice surprise. Hopefully, TP will be introduced to the other maps ASAP as its definitely a good game-mode and one that I will be playing more of.

One downer I did spot from the new map was there are a lot of places where you cant fire through holes or gaps in the debris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom