• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosseye

Barrage is officially useless now. It takes far too long for the grenades to detonate, its like 2 seconds or something? Which in 99% of cases is ample time for your prey to vacate the area and avoid any damage. Its only really effective now if your target simply hasn't seen you fire a barrage or if they have incredibly slow reactions.

Maybe its for the best though, spamming grenades is never a fun tactic to play against. I've gone back to thermal detonators anyway.

I've also not used the homing shot yet - I find it so nauseatingly annoying (not necessarily getting killed by it, but being forced to deviate from your intended route to avoid the lock, potentially into a worse situation) that I decided I wouldn't inflict it on other players. You're all welcome :p

jorma

is now taking requests
i'm still getting kills with barrage, but at a far more reasonable rate than i used to. i think the nerf was highly warranted, and i don't think it was made useless either.

Raven77

I wish they would flash up "HEY YOU CAN USE YOUR MISSILES ON REBEL SHIPS" when you get in an AT-ST. I don't think most people play through the training and I've rarely seen anyone attempt to take down ships with it.

See I don't really understand this, why would you NOT be able to? I think most people probably would assume you can, except they also probably would rather just hit the easy targets running around on the ground, regardless of which one helps more to win the match.

Apeboy

I would have rather waited a couple of weeks, if not until the first of the year for a patch. DICE continuing to mail this in. Now with the holidays approaching I would imagine this is what we, and all the Christmas crowd will play for the foreseeable future.

Everything but the actual gameplay is stellar. DICE's game design team is obviously out of ideas, desire and excuses.

Since the patch has anyone noticed loading times becoming ridiculous? I can join a game but it doesn't load. I've been waiting 5 mins and it has happened twice now, even with a restart of the console. On xb1.

Hikami

I see more people using the Bowcaster now that Barrage is needed.

I've been using it for a while now myself with a jump pack or a smoke grenade and it's pretty effective. You can fly over enemies and just fire it at them for a kill or force them to get closer with a smoke grenade and fire then.

jeemer

See I don't really understand this, why would you NOT be able to? I think most people probably would assume you can, except they also probably would rather just hit the easy targets running around on the ground, regardless of which one helps more to win the match.

Why wouldn't you be able to? Because afaik, aside from other ships, ion torpedos (which specify that they're for targeting vehicles) and hans lucky shot (also not obvious) no other weapons in the game lock onto ships?

There's literally nothing I saw that makes it obvious you can fire the missiles at ships, there's no prompt, no lock on or anything. Once you launch a missile you will see a target on a ship if it remains in your sights, but until then there's nothing. Unless I missed something?

I've been gaming for a long time, played a lot of shooters and a bunch of battlefield. I had no idea through almost about 30 hours of the beta that you could target ships with the at-st, I found out with the training mission after release. It's very rare that I see someone do it, and very rare I find myself being targeted by a scout walker when I'm flying. I'm not convinced this is because they're saving it for infantry either, the grenade launcher is already amazing and has a fast cooldown.

Klyka

Banned
Barrage is now less of a kill weapon and definitely a "i throw this on a point or guys in cover and flush them out" one.

Interceptors removed from all tier 3 by the looks of it. AT-STs are not a viable counter as they generally get blown up immediately and even then it begs the question whether or not they will be able to destroy any air vehicles. Combine with the fact that Rebels can hold air superiority for so long now.

DL-44 being strong as ever, kinda sucks now because I am 100% sure the EE-3/Explosive shot got nerfed.

I think barrage got a needed nerf. I use it mind you, post patch. You just need to use it strategically. I did like how awesome it was pre-patch. Only used it for a day or two before it was patched though :p But yeah. It was OP... They really need to nerf that pistol though. And A-Wings.

Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

Everytime I see this gif I start laughing. No matter how unfunny the response this is related too, Cage's laugh is just infectious hahahaha.

_Legacy_

Is anyone else getting crazy lag from games since the patch? I haven't played a stable match since. I restarted my router and done all sorts but still cannot figure it out, will try again later tonight.

I'm finding smoke/flash grenade combo to be very effective as rebels on Turning point. Tossing the smoke at a capture point allows a lot of people to break through the lines and makes imperials think they can also get through unseen leading to some easy kills.

MADGAME

Is anyone else getting crazy lag from games since the patch? I haven't played a stable match since. I restarted my router and done all sorts but still cannot figure it out, will try again later tonight.
Yes, last night was bad for me. Bad connection errors and players disappearing the reappearing on the map. Sweet gravy on top of a shitty patch.

Ozorov

The guy who publishes them is on paternity leave right now. He is working on it.

Yes I saw that but DICE/EA is a huge company. Don't they have anybody to fill in for him while he's on the paternity leave?

Or just let someone else post them, can't be that hard. I would assume he's not the only one that has the patch notes.

Kane1345

Yes I saw that but DICE/EA is a huge company. Don't they have anybody to fill in for him while he's on the paternity leave?

Or just let someone else post them, can't be that hard. I would assume he's not the only one that has the patch notes.

Agreed

Called EA again today about why the code they gave me last night didn't work. Apparently they've run out of codes for the PS4. What the fuck.

Apparently it's been a big problem with BestBuy in-store preorders for the game. They said they would "escalate" the issue but said I probably had to wait until next Tuesday.

Well fuck it then. I'll just only play Fallout 4 until next Tuesday then.

Dr Prob

Banned
I had no problems playing WA on Jakku yesterday

This is all I'd get last night/this morning:

L6LWCOS.jpg

Tested it again a few minutes ago and it worked fine, though I didn't have the stomach to keep playing after being stuck on an absolutely horrible rebel team in Turning Point.

"Ok, let's take this point! Who's with me?"

No one is with me. Guess the giant red indicators, timers counting down and musical cues are too subtle.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
For shits and giggles I tried the game at 4K with 200% resolution scaling and -3.0 mip map to sharpen up textures. Ran at like 1 frame per 5 seconds. Here's a cropped sample of the full image on Endor.

16cs57.png

Lawd! That is all.

I wish they would flash up "HEY YOU CAN USE YOUR MISSILES ON REBEL SHIPS" when you get in an AT-ST. I don't think most people play through the training and I've rarely seen anyone attempt to take down ships with it.

I tried it for the first time last week on the WA Tatooine map, and boy did that change when I was taking them out like a mobile SAM. Accept A-Wings. This dude was able to survive the whole time with 13% health or something. It was like he was invulnerable. Never died once.

The game would benefit from having TIPS during loading screens which give out helpful info like the AT-ST missiles and other tidbits of info folks obviously miss out on

Still trying to power though here. I knew I was gonna have an uphill battle as I settle in to the steam controller, but I had no idea that I'd be pitted against people who are significantly more leveled up than I am (or just flat out better). I've commented before that it feels like there isn't skill based matchmaking, and it's starting to take its toll.

Again, would love for single player modes like in old battlefront.

BKSmash

This is fucking ridiculous. Since the patch (with Jakku stages on) the matchmaking is pure shit. I've played the game for over 30h and have almost never found an empty match, until now. This shit better get patched soon, it's really sad when everything was top notch before the patch.

This is fucking ridiculous. Since the patch (with Jakku stages on) the matchmaking is pure shit. I've played the game for over 30h and have almost never found an empty match, until now. This shit better get patched soon, it's really sad when everything was top notch before the patch.

Sounds like a problem with fractured communities and dlc with matchmaking only. Lot of players do not have Jakku or downloaded it yet.

Also being free to everyone, how the hell is it not included in a regular patch?! Making ppl go and download it separately is going to have lot of folks not getting the dlc.

Called EA again today about why the code they gave me last night didn't work. Apparently they've run out of codes for the PS4. What the fuck.

Apparently it's been a big problem with BestBuy in-store preorders for the game. They said they would "escalate" the issue but said I probably had to wait until next Tuesday.

Well fuck it then. I'll just only play Fallout 4 until next Tuesday then.

I wonder if we will see an out pouring of anti-Best Buy sentiment, like we did for GMG when they had their key issue.

MADGAME

Here are problems I've encountered since the patch, some I've seen commonly reported and others not. For me personally, there are enough issues and frequency for the patch to be considered shit.

Sometimes Star Cards don't work
Sometimes I receive a message after death "You got lost far far away"
Hero Bug constant squat hopping (only one occurrence for me)
Bad connections/lag
Empty matches
Shoot/R2 not working sometimes as Boba, or serious lag after trigger is pulled
Sound stuttering
Constant state of match load, have to exit application and relaunch.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but Scan Impulse has been nerfed. Opponents do not stay on the screen in red nearly as long as pre-patch.
Did the time description in the star card get reduced, or are you saying the highlighted scan time is actually less than the star card description?

B-Dex

I'll let the crap matchmaking slide till the 8th. Because then everyone can use Jakku. But it is really terrible that even on PS4 there aren't enough people playing with Jakku in the rotation.
Goazan Badlands is a really nice map but you'll never get to play it.

That far far away message is because you died outside the play area. I found on turning point it's almost an instagib despite the timer remaining 10 seconds.

Edwardo

Is the problem where you can't use any cards or powerups until you die happening in just Heroes vs Villains, or in other modes too?

Here are problems I've encountered since the patch, some I've seen commonly reported and others not. For me personally, there are enough issues and frequency for the patch to be considered shit.

Bad connections/lag
Empty matches
Sound stuttering

Did the time description in the star card get reduced, or are you saying the highlighted scan time is actually less than the star card description?
I'm on leave tonight and I wanted to play. The patch fucked me over royally. At least you can actually play the game.

slash3584

Bad connections/lag
Empty matches
Sound stuttering

Both the infinite loading and the Star Cards bug happened to me before the patch.

I was hoping they would fix it in this patch :(

Eggbok

So apparently I can't play Battlefront with my friend because he doesn't have Jakku?????
Even when we aren't actually playing the Jakku map it tells him that he doesn't own the content. What the hell!?

MADGAME

I'm on leave tonight and I wanted to play. The patch fucked me over royally. At least you can actually play the game.
Yes, thankful I can play. Hope you get to also!

Both the infinite loading and the Star Cards bug happened to me before the patch.

I was hoping they would fix it in this patch :(
Happened to me only twice between launch and patch. Last night, post-patch, this happened at least a half-dozen times in 3 hours.

Ozorov

So apparently I can't play Battlefront with my friend because he doesn't have Jakku?????
Even when we aren't actually playing the Jakku map it tells him that he doesn't own the content. What the hell!?

I think you must un-check the Battle of Jakku-thing and chose "Normal/Main Game" or whatever it says

jeemer

One thing I did notice yesterday was that I heard an r2 unit making comments every time I took out an enemy in my x-wing. Is that new? I played HOURS of flight squadron grinding to 50 and I can't say I ever noticed it before.

Ugh. You just gave me a flashback to a similar issue I had trying to play bf3 premium content with a friend. I hope you get it resolved :/

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

did you toggle off jakku other wise it will only match you with other people who have jakku installed

Eggbok

I think you must un-check the Battle of Jakku-thing and chose "Normal/Main Game" or whatever it says

Ugh. You just gave me a flashback to a similar issue I had trying to play bf3 premium content with a friend. I hope you get it resolved :/

did you toggle off jakku other wise it will only match you with other people who have jakku installed

I think that's what it was lol, now we just get dead lobbies. -_-
Totally missed that option though lol.

Edit: We got dead lobbies becahse he had Jakku+ highlighted and I had main menu highlighted.
/dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom