• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jakku should probably not be listed as DLC as yeah, it will fragment the player base, especially as an optional download even while technically free for everyone. Maybe it's this way because of the pre-order bonus split, and maybe it'll change once it's available for everyone. But really, Jakku is part of the base game, it just happened to come post-launch. So it should be treated as part of the standard roster.

Again, beating that dead horse, this is where server browsers make a world of difference. Playing Battlefield 4 at unusual hours while holding the season pass, I could see exactly what maps and modes were playing in servers and how active they were. Battlefront desperately needs transparency in the server searching and matchmaking.

It wont change, though. They've kept it simple and it'll stay that way.

Apeboy

Geez, had opportunity to play today. Met new and exciting casual bugs from patch.

Good jorb DICE, not sure why you put this patch out. Damage control? A we're trying? Flip the peons a fish?

Whatever it was, it wasn't to help gameplay.

Yep. It's like the whole launching games through the battlelog website thing with Battlefield. EA/DICE didn't suddenly go "oh shit we were totally wrong" regardless of how many bitched that an ingame browser would have been the better way to go.

B-Dex

It's funny the explosives got badly nerfed but proximity bombs got buffed. Pretty sure their blast radius is triple what it used to be. Even jump packing away if you trigger most likely won't save you.

It's funny the explosives got badly nerfed but proximity bombs got buffed. Pretty sure their blast radius is triple what it used to be. Even jump packing away if you trigger most likely won't save you.
Althought I will say I giggle every time I die just after firing off a jump pack, the ragdolling is sometimes pretty hilarious.

Ramirez

Someone at DICE played that last leg of Turning Point and thought "Yup, this is good, ship it", oh boy. This is like that last leg of Zavod 311 Rush with the MCOM at the top of the tower, just a complete cluster fuck.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think that's what it was lol, now we just get dead lobbies. -_-
Totally missed that option though lol.

Edit: We got dead lobbies becahse he had Jakku+ highlighted and I had main menu highlighted.
/dead

Hahahaha, I can see this happening a lot.

Jakku should probably not be listed as DLC as yeah, it will fragment the player base, especially as an optional download even while technically free for everyone. Maybe it's this way because of the pre-order bonus split, and maybe it'll change once it's available for everyone. But really, Jakku is part of the base game, it just happened to come post-launch. So it should be treated as part of the standard roster.

Again, beating that dead horse, this is where server browsers make a world of difference. Playing Battlefield 4 at unusual hours while holding the season pass, I could see exactly what maps and modes were playing in servers and how active they were. Battlefront desperately needs transparency in the server searching and matchmaking.

Agreed.

Boke1879

I think that's what it was lol, now we just get dead lobbies. -_-
Totally missed that option though lol.

Edit: We got dead lobbies becahse he had Jakku+ highlighted and I had main menu highlighted.
/dead

Yea that's a very inconvenient way of doing things. It's just going to create confusion. At least now I know to uncheck the Jakku tab.

When it's free to all it really needs to be part of the rotation

Is the problem where you can't use any cards or powerups until you die happening in just Heroes vs Villains, or in other modes too?

Haven't noticed it anywhere else yet. HvV is my favorite mode, and this almost ruins it. Not sure how the hell this happens.

Hope they fix it asap

Kane1345

Figured out an interesting tactic to win the last point on TP as rebel. Throw a smoke grenade near the capture point between the capture point and the empire spawn and then activate scan to see advancing empire through the smoke. Helps all the rebels advance and you can pick off empire in the smoke too. Won a couple games with it now :)

Maybe I'm just lucky but so far it's working

Ledhead

Sounds like a problem with fractured communities and dlc with matchmaking only. Lot of players do not have Jakku or downloaded it yet.

Also being free to everyone, how the hell is it not included in a regular patch?! Making ppl go and download it separately is going to have lot of folks not getting the dlc.

Yeah, I have noticed some half-full matches and some nearing empty, whereas I never encountered those pre Jakku.

Ozorov

First Imperial victory on Endor in over 24 hours of playtime! WOOO!

is-this-real-life-700x493.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh I've seen plenty of Imperial wins on the other maps. Just not Endor.

Gotta get that law passed to allow three Sith at a time.

Gonna need Darth Jar Jar to balance the force.

N30RYU

Dice should come up with a "WAR" mode,. were you get twice the points for each kill, but with friendly fire activated so each comrade you kill adds +1 to your deaths...

It's getting borring seeing ppl spam again and again grenades... or throwing thermal detonators to his team just to make openings... without any kind of punishment

there's no punishment in shooting trough your team unless you shoot something that can kill you.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
little over 70 hours played and ive still have yet to see imps win endor walker assault ive seen it damn close down to 1 y wing left at the last point and they barley took the at at down but never a win

I think that was people wishful thinking. I'm still getting 2 shot by it all over the place.

What would solve the mystery is patch notes.

I guarantee you the DL-44 was not changed. Maybe they nerfed a little bit more damage at long range which was 19 past 40 meters before the patch. But it would be pretty useless since you shouldn't be using the DL-44 for long range anyways unless it is to kill people at slivers of health. Within that though I was using it how I would normally do and was destroying people like normal(2 shotting). Since I hit 50 I've practically tried to stay away from the DL-44 unless I run into a team of people using them in Drop Zone/Droid Run. Then I whip mine out and show them who's boss.

All about the E-11 and SE-14C for me currently.

It's impossible to win walker assault as the Empire. The Walkers go down so easily.

Especially if the Rebels have A-Wings in the skies which a lot of people have figured out now. You get 2 A-Wings in the sky and just camp the TIE Fighter/Interceptor spawn and people who jump in die the moment they take control of the fighter. This is another place where you need to have a random spawn 360 degrees around the map. After playing all the game modes a lot you can tell this game wasn't properly play tested for balance. Or at least no one tried to exploit the spawns like regular players would.

5taquitos

that's absurd. only one guy has access to this information? can he put his baby down for a second and EMAIL SOMEBODY?

Don't put this on the guy that's on paternity leave, put it on the company he works for. He should be able to take his leave without having to worry about putting up patch notes. This is on the rest of the management.

lawnchair

Banned
Don't put this on the guy that's on paternity leave, put it on the company he works for. He should be able to take his leave without having to worry about putting up patch notes. This is on the rest of the management.

you're right of course. i only singled out the guy because SG-17 made it sound like the patch notes were his sole responsibility, which is ridiculous in itself ..

Jinaar

Thread title is a lie. Last night was all about 'nades shoved up my ass so far up that it refreshed my own grenades and I could infinitely vomit them from my mouth. Or the opposition in Supremacy to hot foot it across the map and sit in all the laser towers and snipe us as we spawned in this winter Wonderland from hell.

The fun never even started. Dice, damn you. Damn you all to hell!!!

Edit: F' the dl-44 or whatever it is called.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Thread title is a lie. Last night was all about 'nades shoved up my ass so far up that it refreshed my own grenades and I could infinitely vomit them from my mouth. Or the opposition in Supremacy to hot foot it across the map and sit in all the laser towers and snipe us as we spawned in this winter Wonderland from hell.

The fun never even started. Dice, damn you. Damn you all to hell!!!

Edit: F' the dl-44 or whatever it is called.

are you rocking the bodyguard trait card? if not you should would help big time against explosives

jackdoe

It's impossible to win walker assault as the Empire. The Walkers go down so easily.
I've won plenty of times as Imperial. However, if everyone on the Rebels actually carried Ion Torpedos, then Imperials would never win. 20 players firing ion torpedos at the same time, instantly does 40 damage to a Walker. If they have four Y-Wings, that's one walker down and another at half life.

Lacix

I was able to shot down 2 Y-wings on Tatooine with an AT-ST each with one shot. But on Endor you can't see and target them. :-( They need to slow down the Y-wing spawning with uplinks on Endor.

Did the time description in the star card get reduced, or are you saying the highlighted scan time is actually less than the star card description?

That's a good question. I didn't look at the description in the card - just notes that the scan highlight time is markedly shorter.

BTW anyone else notice droids and other turrets locking on a LOT faster than pre-patch? It's also very noticeable.

prag16

Banned
I think that was people wishful thinking. I'm still getting 2 shot by it all over the place.

What would solve the mystery is patch notes.

Small sample size, but while I was still getting stomped by it up close, I didn't get wrecked from afar quite so much last night.j

Barrage is garbage now. I don't have it unlocked yet, but judging by what happened when other people used it on me yesterday... In one case an asshole shot the nades at me and landed them at my feet(when he probably had me dead to rights if he had just shot me with his gun) and I just laughed and sprinted right at him and shot him in the face as he was trying to get his gun up. I barely took damage.

Ferr986

One thing I did notice yesterday was that I heard an r2 unit making comments every time I took out an enemy in my x-wing. Is that new? I played HOURS of flight squadron grinding to 50 and I can't say I ever noticed it before.

yes that happened before the patch.

Eggbok

Is there a reason why L1 + R1 don't work properly now or is the game messed up?
Annoying that I have to die in order to use my jetpack, specials, etc.

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't get a code with all of these problems introduced in the patch. It's typically DICE though, hopefully it'll be fixed by next week.

DavidDesu

Am I missing something with my 2nd hand of cards or is it a bug that what I pick never stays and just resets to a blank hand... I've tried renaming it, no luck. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. On PS4 by the way.

B-Dex

Is there a reason why L1 + R1 don't work properly now or is the game messed up?
Annoying that I have to die in order to use my jetpack, specials, etc.

That's only in HvV mode. Amazing how much Jank got through with the patch. Can't even use power ups till you die as well.

Reinstalled the game. Still doesnt work for me - permanently stuck on loading screens even after the new install.

Dont know what else i can do - is there a link anywhere to EA livechat or is anyone here an EA/DICE employee that can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom