• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA's Recommendation:

"If you get stuck while matchmaking, or encounter an infinite loading screen when connecting to a server, exit your game fully and try joining a game again."

great fucking work.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So the patch now makes you start all smashed into each other and then wait like a minute? Why?

The game at launch was a smooth experience with people getting multiplayer matches going quickly.

EA were concerned that this wasn't providing the BF experience that most people expected, so they patched it to be fucked up.

Christ. Now MS wont refund my purchase and neither will EA.

EA
Gaurav: I am afraid as in that case a refund won't be possible from our end as the purchase is from Xbox.

MS
Alright, I see the licenses on the account but not the purchases. It sounds like since it was purchased through EA Access, they would need to refund it for you.

Ozorov

I honestly doesnt have any big problems with dl-44. I just want them to fix the air battles, it's in a huuuuge favor for the rebels due a-wings. I dont even wanna mention the falcon

Ozorov

The trophy "Impressive. Most impressive" - "Earn a total of 5 stars from Battle missions". Do they mean I have to get 5 stars on all mission or just 5 "overall" on battle missions?

I won as a rebel today with 3 seconds left on the clock :D, in the last spot. as someone here said before; smoke and flash are good in this mode

Everyone should equip Pulse Scan on Turning Point. It makes getting points 100000000x easier. They really should remove it from this game. Only thing that should have it are the power up droids.

Got my refund.

"As a one time courtesy I was able to get special authorization to refund that charge for you. A refund of $117.59 will post to your account within 72 hours. Depending on your credit card company's policy they may hold the funds for up to 30 days, but it's usually much faster than that."

FUCK EA. No more bullshit DICE purchases again. What a waste of fucking time and bullshit.

MDave

I suck at Supremacy on Tattooine. I keep getting T-21'd or DL-44'd or EE-3'd to bits. I try to stick with others, wiped out by grenades. I try to go solo, someone snipes me from miles away. I focus on the objectives instead of kills, but I guess I need to focus on kills instead. So I get the airspeeder/tie fighter and do some ground attacking and start racking up kills quick, hoping that it helps my side get to those points and capture them. Nope. Still lost!

I do rather good on Hero hunt though! Came first in one of the 4 matches I played, and a close 2nd or 3rd in the others. SEC pistol and explosive shot is a Hero killer.

Everyone should equip Pulse Scan on Turning Point. It makes getting points 100000000x easier. They really should remove it from this game. Only thing that should have it are the power up droids.

I mean really it should be a fixed-point ping to show where the enemy "was" at the time of the scan, rather than an active highlight. It would still have use, but not be a wall hack. Explosive Shot still needs a solid nerf as well....possibly makes your weapon overheat 2-3x faster? Or just reduce the damage buff and reduce its effect over long range.

But you're right, Scan Pulse is highly effective on that map. I've used it in conjunction with Smoke for happy shooty fun times.

Palpable

Is there a list of changes from this update anywhere? Feels like the impact grenade is now a firecracker. Why'd they nerf that!? Seems they also added time to the barrage fuse.

I had a game last week where I went 105 and 3. I need to post the screenshot.

lawnchair

Banned
Is there a list of changes from this update anywhere? Feels like the impact grenade is now a firecracker. Why'd they nerf that!? Seems they also added time to the barrage fuse.

I had a game last week where I went 105 and 3. I need to post the screenshot.

.... apparently the guy in charge of putting out the patch updates is on paternity leave

MastAndo

I suck at Supremacy on Tattooine. I keep getting T-21'd or DL-44'd or EE-3'd to bits. I try to stick with others, wiped out by grenades. I try to go solo, someone snipes me from miles away. I focus on the objectives instead of kills, but I guess I need to focus on kills instead. So I get the airspeeder/tie fighter and do some ground attacking and start racking up kills quick, hoping that it helps my side get to those points and capture them. Nope. Still lost!

Yeah, same here. I'm basically useless in any of the larger game modes. It feels like as soon as I try to focus on objectives, I get slaughtered, usually from range. If I treat it like Blast, and just go for kills, I can manage to stay alive (via focusing 100% of my attention on the location of the enemy and gunfights) but it defeats the purpose of playing those modes. This part of the game still hasn't quite clicked for me.

jorma

is now taking requests
As a technical writer/communicator, can't stop laughing at this. DICE has ONE technical writer?

As a technical writer/communicator, can't stop laughing at this. DICE has ONE technical writer?

It's perhaps not included in the sprint, and something he just does? (We don't release patch updates where i work, so i don't know how those routines are usually set up.) But i can't imagine it's something dice skipped deliberately just because that one guy is away for a few months.

But if he just does it every time there isn't anyone else keeping it in mind until it's too late. I can relate, i do plenty of shit that noone else in the company will realise is being done until the day inevitabely comes when it isn't done. Because i'm the only one who has been doing it for so long.
And i work for an even bigger employer than DICE :)

Beefy

The game at launch was a smooth experience with people getting multiplayer matches going quickly.

EA were concerned that this wasn't providing the BF experience that most people expected, so they patched it to be fucked up.

It's annoying as hell. Also L1/R1 don't work all the time now either. It also seems to be more laggy then before.

B-Dex

It's perhaps not included in the sprint, and something he just does? (We don't release patch updates where i work, so i don't know how those routines are usually set up.) But i can't imagine it's something dice skipped deliberately just because that one guy is away for a few months.

But if he just does it every time there isn't anyone else keeping it in mind until it's too late. I can relate, i do plenty of shit that noone else in the company will realise is being done until the day inevitabely comes when it isn't done. Because i'm the only one who has been doing it for so long.

It does not take 2 days to post a change log. Deliberate radio silence. They really messed up the game. Matchmaking issues. New bugs and Jank. Early access Jakku not having enough players basically making it so I have to disable it to get into matches. Huge nerfs except to the A-Wing and DL-44.

Beefy

It does not take 2 days to post a change log. Deliberate radio silence. They really messed up the game. Matchmaking issues. New bugs and Jank. Early access Jakku not having enough players basically making it so I have to disable it to get into matches. Huge nerfs except to the A-Wing and DL-44.

Yep, there is still no point in getting in a T-Fighter etc. X-Wing and A-Wing are still OP as fuck.

It really depends, and there's not really any kind of industry standard for release notes, unfortunately. I was reading an article recently about how a number of tech companies (esp app developers) are more and more issuing "we fixed bugs in this release" notes and that's that.

At our department, we generally document EVERYTHING. We're working on integrating into the Agile process but as you note, it can be hard--since there is no true "spec sheet" and Agile is so fluid, we've mostly been resorting to writing up notes after the feature is fully developed, as opposed to in-tandem with the team. More Waterfall than Agile, I guess, for us.

Anyway, it's just really interesting to me. We have our release notes in final draft form the week before the release, so someone suddenly getting sick or otherwise being "out" wouldn't affect us that much. Even if we didn't write them in advance, I'm shocked DICE doesn't have one other employee who can handle this kind of thing.

jorma

is now taking requests

Yeah, likely silence until they figure out the bugs. I was just speculating as to why they might have missed to put out the patch notes together with the patch.

Anyway, it's just really interesting to me. We have our release notes in final draft form the week before the release, so someone suddenly getting sick or otherwise being "out" wouldn't affect us that much. Even if we didn't write them in advance, I'm shocked DICE doesn't have one other employee who can handle this kind of thing.
I'm sure they do! But if they release it now people will just be pissed about them not commenting on the new issues :)

Beefy

How hard is it to round up somebody else to put detailed patch notes together though? Shouldn't be this difficult lol

Patch notes:
.....Make things worse.

Gotta say I really hate the homing missile. It's overpowered if you are close so you can't get behind cover. Basically a free kill. If it had like minimum distance, or locked more slowly when close instead of faster it would be fine

Beefy

Gotta say I really hate the homing missile. It's overpowered if you are close so you can't get behind cover. Basically a free kill. If it had like minimum distance, or locked more slowly when close instead of faster it would be fine

I get killed at least 3 times a game by it. People even use it when they are a few feet away.

Yeah, finally jumped in a TIE and still having tons of bullshit with the A-wings and they only made it worse by swapping tie spawns on certain tiers.

jorma

is now taking requests
I get killed at least 3 times a game by it. People even use it when they are a few feet away.

If you lose to homing missile from a few feet away you kinda deserve the L :)
It aint easy to get a lock from that range. Any gun, including the T21B, is a better choice.

adj_noun

Spent some time in a Walker Assault trying to use the Ion Torpedo on stuff in the sky.

Shooting at Y-Wings didn't seem to do much.

Shooting at X-Wings was pretty darn effective. I downed a couple.

Shooting at A-Wings was lol, A-Wings.

Spent some time in a Walker Assault trying to use the Ion Torpedo on stuff in the sky.

Gotta take the ships angle and speed into consideration. The best time to shoot them is when the ship is heading towards you with a bit of distance, that way the missile hits them head on.

Ive had no luck shooting after ships flying away.

vypek

I wanted to try this. So how exactly do you take down a Y wing?

FranXico

Did anyone else here notice the new bug where if you play as a regular soldier in Heroes and Villains you can't use your star cards until the first time you're taken out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom