• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a bug introduced with the patch.

latest

They look like they probably deserved it.

even EA Live chat doesnt even fucking work anymore - just blank screens of endless loading. seems to be in line with their fucking game right now.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It doesnt seem to happen every game does it?

Most are saying HvsV mode they see it often. I have yet to play since the patch, started Until Dawn last night and it got me hooked. I will be jumping on today though.

even EA Live chat doesnt even fucking work anymore - just blank screens of endless loading. seems to be in line with their fucking game right now.

Something seems to have went wrong, did you try running a registry repair with ccleaner?

im just pissed off im the only one affected by the latest patch and cant play. How can it only be affecting me? its ridiculous!

Have you tried "Repair Game" in Origin? Maybe a leftover config file which is corrupted or something?

Edit: But a reinstall should have probably solved this, strange.

jorma

is now taking requests
It's funny the explosives got badly nerfed but proximity bombs got buffed. Pretty sure their blast radius is triple what it used to be. Even jump packing away if you trigger most likely won't save you.

I think i've killed myself more often than enemies using those blasted things, so the buff was probably needed :p

Something seems to have went wrong, did you try running a registry repair with ccleaner?

Gemüsepizza;187566993 said:
Have you tried "Repair Game" in Origin? Maybe a leftover config file which is corrupted or something?

Edit: But a reinstall should have probably solved this, strange.

ON XB1 so not using origin.

reinstall doesnt work. No game works. im with EA live chat now but nothing is really going on. such a shame and so damn frustrating.

Gemüsepizza;187567896 said:
Do other multiplayer games work? If not this could hint on some general network problems which are not game specific.

everything else works. I can see lobbies, not as open, game loads up, i can see other players joining, just cant load a single game.

guy told me to do this

ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS:-
========================
Lets give a try to these following stepsto clear the alternate MAC addess if there is any -:

1)Select the option: Settings -> Network Settings
2)Select the option: Advanced Settings
3)Select the option: Alternative Mac Address
4)Select the option: Clear

so checking it now

Edit: doesnt work. same problems.

Svartnatt

Encountered a bug last night I haven't seen described here so far:

Had 49 charges on my Explosive Shot card, added Explosive Shot to a different hand, and then all charges disappeared. Charge count was zero when I started the next match.

I tried using the card but it didn't work, so it's not an issue of the charges being there and just not displaying properly. I actually had zero charges for a match.

I was pretty pissed, but next match, they magically came back. I was about to spend some credits to get them back, glad I didn't.

This happen to anyone else?

Faceache

Every match now begins..

"I've got a really bad feeling about this.."
"BOOM!"
"BOOM!"
"BOOM!"

I really want to play Vader, but sheesh. If you choke someone and it's not 1vs1, prepare to lose 40% of your health (if he's smart enough to use explosive shot, and even without it hurts). Everybody impact grenades your face and jumppacks away from you. URGH.

Also, sometimes I just want to strangle my teammates. We're on Jakku and I am 77-6, we're on the final tier and they only have 3 Y-wings but one of our walkers is already really weak and the other is at 40% or so. I see a airspeeder immediately go for the 40% one, and I stand there ALONE shooting at the damn thing and of course it manages to complete the minigame and they win on virtually the last second. It's gotten to the point that they should flash people with a large sign that says 'THEY ARE TOW CABLING YOUR DAMN WALKER, SHOOT THE SPEEDERS FFS''.

dab0ne

I'm having a lot of trouble connecting to EA servers. It works fine then all of a sudden it just won't connect. Anyone else dealing with this? Do I need to open a specific port on my modem or something to make it consistent?

Ahhh, thought it was PC for some reason. Gotcha.

Hopefully what they recommended works.

Doesnt work.

You're not the only one. I just did a google search and this is a problem that even mods in the EA forums are responding to.

Did you buy this digitally?

If so, I would call xbox support, ask for "hardware support", and demand a refund. customer support will say no. hardware support will say yes.

Bought it digitally.

Mods arent responding to me at all. ive logged a case and submitted all the documents they wanted. But yes, nothing works. Im completely locked out of all the MP games, which for an MP only game, is pretty fucking ridiculous.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm having a lot of trouble connecting to EA servers. It works fine then all of a sudden it just won't connect. Anyone else dealing with this? Do I need to open a specific port on my modem or something to make it consistent?

What system? Seems to be popping up with Xbox right now.

God these help staff are so fucking full of shit

"Gaurav
I understand as sometimes it takes time to synchronize the patch with the whole game."

that is absolute bullshit.

Where can I download the DLC? I don't get it.

Edit: Btw it's impossible for me to get a positive k/d in this game. I'm pretty good at FPS/TPS normally and I still have a 0,91 k/d in SWBF.

dab0ne

Ps4 here. Constantly closing app and restarting my ps4.

Edit: decided to connect after my 3rd ps4 restart. Reminds me of battlefield 4 all over again.

i get that sometimes. but the game just doesnt load for me now. even the EA team doesnt know what is going on.

dab0ne

i get that sometimes. but the game just doesnt load for me now. even the EA team doesnt know what is going on.
Yeah it's pretty weak. I told myself I wouldn't buy this at launch after the problems I had with battlefield 4. I'm a fool.

Edit: just kicked me off ea servers again WTF!?

Yeah it's pretty weak. I told myself I wouldn't buy this at launch after the problems I had with battlefield 4. I'm a fool.

Edit: just kicked me off ea servers again WTF!?

the thing is it was working perfectly for me before. The only issues were actual things like spawn points/overpowered weapons etc - but these are balance issues. now i have a MP game which wont connect to a single game!

B-Dex

So turning point capture points don't count towards capture point challenges. How much of an afterthought was this mode?
Also it lists Heroes as being in Turning Point on the menus even though they aren't.

dab0ne

the thing is it was working perfectly for me before. The only issues were actual things like spawn points/overpowered weapons etc - but these are balance issues. now i have a MP game which wont connect to a single game!
Same here actually. Seems after the patch connecting to EA just isn't happening.

Same here actually. Seems after the patch connecting to EA just isn't happening.

its so fucked. its not NAT issues i keep telling them - its a problem with the fucking game! every other game works and NAT is open - and i can see lobbies and the game loads, i just cant enter any actual MP game!

B-Dex

Yesterday on PS4 it would sit at the pre-game lobby where you can pick your weapon and hands saying waiting for players even though the game was 40/40. I noticed in the top right it said waiting for players in yellow and had a number. I'm assuming some people had connection issues and it stalled the game for everyone. Might be what's happening? I restarted the game anytime it happened and it seemed to fix it for me.

Yesterday on PS4 it would sit at the pre-game lobby where you can pick your weapon and hands saying waiting for players even though the game was 40/40. I noticed in the top right it said waiting for players in yellow and had a number. I'm assuming some people had connection issues and it stalled the game for everyone. Might be what's happening? I restarted the game anytime it happened and it seemed to fix it for me.

have done a restart. hard power down restart, and re installed the entire game. Still happening.

Hopefully you get a refund dude. I finally got in. I connected directly to my modem instead of my repeater and that's working... For now. Good luck man.

EA's response to me:

'We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance

Regards,
Sanjeet K.
EA Customer Experience"

they closed my case, without solving it.

Theyre also blaming my connection, which was fine and lagless yesterday and i have 100mbps. They are saying thats why the game refuses to load. what UTTER bullshit.

ekgrey

Tweet EA, ask them why Sanjeet K. is closing tickets without resolving the issue. Keep calling, ask for escalation immediately.

Digby

Neo Member
everything else works. I can see lobbies, not as open, game loads up, i can see other players joining, just cant load a single game.

guy told me to do this

ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS:-
========================
Lets give a try to these following stepsto clear the alternate MAC addess if there is any -:

1)Select the option: Settings -> Network Settings
2)Select the option: Advanced Settings
3)Select the option: Alternative Mac Address
4)Select the option: Clear

so checking it now

Edit: doesnt work. same problems.

I had the same issue.

I disabled the firewall on my wireless router and it fixed the issue immediately. no clue why....try that if you're willing.

I had the same issue.

I disabled the firewall on my wireless router and it fixed the issue immediately. no clue why....try that if you're willing.

i dont think i have a firewall on it as i have never set one up before and dont know how to. it was working yesterday, nothing has changed since then.

GRaider81

Kind Of feel done with it now. Sunk 30 hours to get to level 30 which has been great fun but the balance is way off now I feel. It's just not enjoyable as it was when everyone was lower level imo.

Some thoughts on Jakku's large map

Turning Point:

Fun mode, seems mostly balanced though map layout and capture location have a huge affect on how this plays out. Last point is IMPOSSIBLE to take unless the Imperials are all asleep or teams are super unbalanced. I like the persistent progress in capping each location though.

Walker Assault:

Almost literally poop from a butt. Uplinks are way too easy to defend, and it's extremely difficult to root out Rebels as they're shooting the Walkers from miles away. The walkers being split on opposite sides of the map doesn't help either. The last point is especially egregious, with a wide open field the imperials have to cross to even get to the last uplinks.

Still have to try Supremacy, hope it's better than WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom