• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gotta take the ships angle and speed into consideration. The best time to shoot them is when the ship is heading towards you with a bit of distance, that way the missile hits them head on.

Ive had no luck shooting after ships flying away.

It can work when they're flying away actually, but it's REALLY wonky. The Survival mission on Sullust has TIE fighters on a few waves, and the ion torpedo vs. them would sometimes work fine and sometimes just not work even if they're at the same angle.

adj_noun

It can work when they're flying away actually, but it's REALLY wonky. The Survival mission on Sullust has TIE fighters on a few waves, and the ion torpedo vs. them would sometimes work fine and sometimes just not work even if they're at the same angle.

Oh yeah, I found it was way easier to take down TIEs with the torpedo in that mode.

The Y-Wings go so darn fast. I'm sure you can take one down, but I'm not sure how you'd get it before they launch their bomb.

FranXico

Gotta take the ships angle and speed into consideration. The best time to shoot them is when the ship is heading towards you with a bit of distance, that way the missile hits them head on.

Ive had no luck shooting after ships flying away.

The only time I ever managed to take out a Y-Wing in Walker Assault was when I happened to get into a Tie-Interceptor just in time for their attack and flew straight into its path.

Oh yeah, I found it was way easier to take down TIEs with the torpedo in that mode.

The Y-Wings go so darn fast. I'm sure you can take one down, but I'm not sure how you'd get it before they launch their bomb.

Whenever I play Walker Assault as a rebel, I equip the torpedo precisely so I can use it to attack the AT-AT.
If you have enough Y-Wings locked on before their attack wave, you'll get enough time to use the torpedo twice. You'll damage the AT-AT a lot more that way.

Palpable

Im usually a pretty positive and optimistic person but this makes me want to turn to the dark side.

Homing shots aren't that difficult to get away from... Either hide behind something until the marker is gone or, if you're out in the open, run in a large half circle while hopping (it tends to overshoot you and hit something else).

It's almost as bad as impact grenades.

Impact grenades are a joke now. They don't do shit for splash damage.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Part of me hopes this patch was literally pushed out just because they needed it for Jakku and had already announced the date for the map and didn't want to go back on it. Because if this is their answer to all the broken and half assed bullshit in the game then they did a terrible job at doing really anything at all.

I don't even play Walker Assault anymore, can't be bothered with the fuss, pretty much always a win for Rebels these days unless their team has a bunch of sucky players. During the Beta Walker Assault was awesome, no bullshit blasters, no stupid cards auto one shotting you, and we all knew the rifle was going to get nerfed come release as annoying as it could be. As time went on players on the Rebel side clued up on how to fight back, you'd get a good game out of it with the winner being decided in the last leg. I haven't played a Hoth WA game where the AT-ATs make it past the second point, and there's literally no point using AT-STs on some of these maps, you're just an easy obvious kill.

And of course Fighter Squadron is still pretty one sided, X-Wings and A-Wings just outdo their Tie equivalents, and the Millennium Falcon easily outclasses Slave 1, and that is if it doesn't just ram into it and fly off unscathed.

moai

But at close range homing shot charges super fast. Ive been killed like that, from very short distances.

vypek

But at close range homing shot charges super fast. Ive been killed like that, from very short distances.

I've done this in a decent number of firefights. I love using it in open areas where people dont many places to hide or when someone just landed from the jumppack.

Palpable

What's with people complaining about Walker Assault? It's strongly rebel sided on just Endor and mildly on Sullust. If you have a mildly competent team that plays the objective, you can crush the rebel scum on any map. I can't tell you how many times my team was steamrolling the rebels only to have both walkers tripped because people don't seem to understand you have to shoot the speeders circling the legs.

My win ratio is lower than I'd like (mainly due to the reason above or shitty teammates).

Hnw5wQ.png

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
What's with people complaining about Walker Assault? It's strongly rebel sided on just Endor and mildly on Sullust. If you have a mildly competent team that plays the objective, you can crush the rebel scum on any map. I can't tell you how many times my team was steamrolling the rebels only to have both walkers tripped because people don't seem to understand you have to shoot the speeders circling the legs.

My win ratio is lower than I'd like (mainly due to the reason above or shitty teammates).
You're bragging

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional

MastAndo

Which gun are you using? You seem to make kills incredibly fast...
Looks like the SE14C with explosive shot. It's an awesome combo.

I inadvertently stumbled upon that infinite charge cards glitch (that also refreshed after every death), so I ran amok with SE14C and limitless explosive shot for a couple days. Yeah, felt kinda guilty about it, but figured I'd just enjoy being able to dominate until it was patched. It was really nice going something like 24-3 in a match of Blast, considering I'm pretty mediocre at these type of games.

James93

Came back from playing some games. Must say i'm disappointed how the game has progressed. From the several matches i played it seems the game has degraded into noob tubes, and pulse cannons everywhere. Along with the rebels still having a huge advantage in the air and the ATST still being useless against anyone with brains.

Them launching the bomb doesn't matter. Killing a Y-Wing removes one from the counter regardless. The damage phase will go from beginning to end(no pauses) killing a Y-Wing just lessens the time it is vulnerable. Just making up numbers here as an example, 5 Y-Wings 25 seconds vulnerability(5 second for each Y-Wing), you kill one that takes it down to 20 seconds total.

I had a match where the Rebel's had 2 Y-Wings coming, I shot down the first and they only got 1 Y-Wing vulnerability period. Finding the right spots on the different maps to launch Ion Torpedoes from is the biggest bitch on the planet though.

b0bbyJ03

quick question for the PC players; Im new to fps games on PC, always played on console. right now I'm playing at a very low sensitivity (my DPI is set to 800 and my soldier is at 7% sensitivity in the settings). Due to the low sensitivity I mostly move my arm, compared to higher when i just needed to move my wrists. I was wondering if there are any other low sensitivity players in here that could offer some advice. Do you guys mostly just use your arm to move the mouse or do you incorporate your wrists as well. Thanks.

Klyka

Banned
Them launching the bomb doesn't matter. Killing a Y-Wing removes one from the counter regardless. The damage phase will go from beginning to end(no pauses) killing a Y-Wing just lessens the time it is vulnerable. Just making up numbers here as an example, 5 Y-Wings 25 seconds vulnerability(5 second for each Y-Wing), you kill one that takes it down to 20 seconds total.

I had a match where the Rebel's had 2 Y-Wings coming, I shot down the first and they only got 1 Y-Wing vulnerability period. Finding the right spots on the different maps to launch Ion Torpedoes from is the biggest bitch on the planet though.

Yup, the entire animation of the Y-Wing, including the bomb doesn't matter.
If you shoot down a Y-Wing each time it spawns, you DRAMATICALLY cut down on the time the AT-AT are vulnerable. It's the only way that Imperials can win.

5taquitos

Yup, the entire animation of the Y-Wing, including the bomb doesn't matter.
If you shoot down a Y-Wing each time it spawns, you DRAMATICALLY cut down on the time the AT-AT are vulnerable. It's the only way that Imperials can win.

Aye, the Y-Wings should be priority targets for aircraft, AT-STs, and ion torpedos. Doesn't matter if it blows up right as it's about to zoom off.

Klyka

Banned
Can you target Y-wings on endor?

Yes. The Y-Wings always spawn in the same locations on the maps,depending on the phase. If you know that location,you can position yourself to shoot them down.

I found that literally just standing opposite of where they fly in and have them fly towards you,will net you a hit every time.

Beefy

If you lose to homing missile from a few feet away you kinda deserve the L :)
It aint easy to get a lock from that range. Any gun, including the T21B, is a better choice.

People hiding in trees etc. Specially when they are the rebels. I had a guy do it to me 3 times in a game, just hide in some undergrowth and homing shot.

Ferrio

Banned
Yes. The Y-Wings always spawn in the same locations on the maps,depending on the phase. If you know that location,you can position yourself to shoot them down.

I found that literally just standing opposite of where they fly in and have them fly towards you,will net you a hit every time.

Ah wasn't sure you could get a good lock on with all the trees.

Naudi

Banned
People hiding in trees etc. Specially when they are the rebels. I had a guy do it to me 3 times in a game, just hide in some undergrowth and homing shot.

You really should have plenty of time to get out of sight of it. Just use it for a while and you will learn how to dodge it easy by watching the people you shoot it at lol. But it's also ok that it does get some kills when using it otherwise what's the point. If he is just hiding in bushes waiting I'm sure he could just as easily kill you super fast with 21b

Beefy

You really should have plenty of time to get out of sight of it. Just use it for a while and you will learn how to dodge it easy by watching the people you shoot it at lol. But it's also ok that it does get some kills when using it otherwise what's the point. If he is just hiding in bushes waiting I'm sure he could just as easily kill you super fast with 21b

That's what I didn't get the most I kept thinking why use homing shot when you can shoot me.

Naudi

Banned
That's what I didn't get the most I kept thinking why use homing shot when you can shoot me.

Who knows, maybe they just unlocked it and wanted to try it out, all I know is on endor I usually only get a few kills with it cause it's just too easy for people to get behind the closest tree.

scoobs

So apparently the homing shot is the new cheese? Went into a walker assault on hoth and was killed 7 out of 10 times with a homing shot. I'm teetering on the edge of never playing this game again, its not fun dying instantly to nades/homing shots/heroes/ATATs/rockets/etc

So apparently the homing shot is the new cheese? Went into a walker assault on hoth and was killed 7 out of 10 times with a homing shot. I'm teetering on the edge of never playing this game again, its not fun dying instantly to nades/homing shots/heroes/ATATs/rockets/etc

Yah I've avoided the large modes since about the first week for this reason. The smaller modes have more cover and less opportunity to get killed from 300 yards.

Ferrio

Banned

Bodyguard trait.

moai

If you lose to homing missile from a few feet away you kinda deserve the L :)
It aint easy to get a lock from that range. Any gun, including the T21B, is a better choice.

Not really. It locks super fast and you cant react. I tried it and it seems really easy.

LoveCake

I have loved playing this for the last two weeks or so, but last night after the update I was hmm this is ok as I didn't play it much, but tonight played about two hours or so & I hate it.

The new map rotation is stupid, it takes a age to get through the maps & you know that as soon as you are the Empire you are going to lose.

I have been getting blown to bit by the homing shots now as well & the new Jakku map people are just jet-packing on top of the crashed ships & you have zero chance to take them out.

I used to finish consistently in the top ten & could level up in an hour & a half to two hours (i'm level 30 now) but it has taken me two hours tonight to level up half!

What have EA done to this game?

Naudi

Banned

Bodyguard trait and get behind cover? I only play large modes and I can't remember the last time homing shot killed me.

Crackbone

Bodyguard trait and get behind cover? I only play large modes and I can't remember the last time homing shot killed me.

I'm in the same boat. When I do get popped by homing shot it's usually because it's my own fault. I'd honestly say though 9 of 10 are easily avoidable. Occasionally I'll get a suicide guy that's just going to get it off regardless of exposing himself to fire but what can you do.

Naudi

Banned
I'm in the same boat. When I do get popped by homing shot it's usually because it's my own fault. I'd honestly say though 9 of 10 are easily avoidable. Occasionally I'll get a suicide guy that's just going to get it off regardless of exposing himself to fire but what can you do.

Yeah exactly. I really think it would help for people to use it and see how other people dodge it. It helped me anyway.

I feels like every time I try to shoot down a Y-Wing, even if it's flying directly towards me, my Ion Torpedo flies right past it. By the time it makes a u-turn the Y-Wing has already booked it outta there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom