• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTripper

Has anyone gotten all the Survival mission trophies/achievements? Are they harder than doing the solo battle missions on Master difficulty?

I still need to get all the survival mission trophies, so if anyone wants to do them sometime on PS4, send me a FR.

PSN: JxOxHxNxSxOxN

So what exactly changed in the patch? I only played 1 match of of Turning Point, and couldn't really tell.
1. Stopped the game working at all for people like me (got a refund after 3 hours with both MS and EA customer support)

2. Seems a lot of empty matches.

3. Some cards don't work now.

4. EA /DICE showed how inept they are again

Such a shame. I really liked this game.

The problem is I can't ever buy it down the track, because what if the problem I have is never fixed and the games never load again?

MBison

Has anyone had luck today getting a Jakku code for a preorder from the EA help desk? Sometime last night they stopped giving them out and my friend can't get one today either despite preordering.

Super annoying.

Oni Jazar

Why the fuck is Dice so quiet about the issues on the game? I can't believe how silent they have been on this whole ordeal. This is a HUGE game they should have community people all over twitter/facebook/forums letting people know that they are on top of every issue. I'm thinking they have no detailed patch notes because their "patch" is pathetic.

I've defended the game on release because there's a great core game that just needs some content, balance and polish, but it seems like the patch has made things worse.

Kane1345

Really enjoying turning point on the rebel side. Love the challenge it presents and the feeling when you win is brilliant! Of course when you're with a crappy team it's horrid. Just need them patch notes DICE. 41 hours and still having a lot of fun :D

MDave

Using the SE-14C with its amazing 5 round burst + Explosive shot is helping obliterate DL-44 users on Blast. Probably over kill though hah. But it feels so satisfying.

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, what, the patch broke the game? How ironic, after such a smooth launch and considering Battlefield 4 launch being a mess while patches helped the game...

(Been playing Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein New Order for a few days, plus i don't have a Jakku code...)

Homing shots aren't that difficult to get away from... Either hide behind something until the marker is gone or, if you're out in the open, run in a large half circle while hopping (it tends to overshoot you and hit something else).

Impact grenades are a joke now. They don't do shit for splash damage.

It's not that I don't know how to get away from them, it just seems like I'm the only person not using them. Also, as a person who likes to push for objectives, and try to win the matches regardless of k/d ratio, they are kinda hard to avoid.

Naudi

Banned
New mode is great! Hope they add other maps to it soon. Only been out like what 2 weeks and already get new stuff. Keep it comin!

Ruze789

Crazy lag issues tonight for me on Xbone. Fighter squadron was unplayable, and I had to quit out of 2 matches of Turning Point. But I played several more matches of TP and had a lot of fun with it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Wow this patch completely nerfed up everything....game feels off now, and i cant put my finger on what it is. Im dying like crazy and barely killing anyone. Death spawning a ton and things just feel broken compared to before this patch. Might step away until they put out another one and fix it.

jackdoe

The DL 44 is bullshit
You say this, but the the real bullshit is the SE-14C with explosive shot. It tears through enemies like butter. I repeatedly get a six to twelve kill streak by jetpacking into a group of enemies and letting loose with the explosive shot + SE-14C combo. I'm abusing it now, but I fully expect Dice to nerf it and fix the A-Wing problem and was surprised it wasn't fixed with the latest patch.

My first 8 deaths in Walker Assault on Jakku:

2 x Smart Rocket
4 x Skill Cannon
1 x Thermal Imploder
1 x An actual gun

Objective points in WA and Supremacy should be tripled. Take K/D out of stats.

Nerf/remove the Skill Cannon. It's the most annoying multiplayer weapon I've ever come across in gaming. People literally sit at the back of the map and use it over and over. There is no warning. It's impossible to dodge. I'm punished for wanting to play the objective.

I loved this the first couple of weeks but have begun to hate it. I can barely stomach more than a match or two at a time right now.

lawnchair

Banned
1. Stopped the game working at all for people like me (got a refund after 3 hours with both MS and EA customer support)

2. Seems a lot of empty matches.

3. Some cards don't work now.

4. EA /DICE showed how inept they are again

Such a shame. I really liked this game.

The problem is I can't ever buy it down the track, because what if the problem I have is never fixed and the games never load again?

another cautionary tale regarding buying games right at release these days, i guess ..

i hadn't planned on buying this at launch (for the thousand reasons pointed out in this thread), then my will broke and i just bought it cuz i knew my brother would be getting it too. i probably should've waited for the inevitable COMPLETE EDITION or whatever as i had initially planned. this might be the last time i buy a game at launch.

MBison

My first 8 deaths in Walker Assault on Jakku:

2 x Smart Rocket
4 x Skill Cannon
1 x Thermal Imploder
1 x An actual gun

Objective points in WA and Supremacy should be tripled. Take K/D out of stats.

Nerf/remove the Skill Cannon. It's the most annoying multiplayer weapon I've ever come across in gaming. People literally sit at the back of the map and use it over and over. There is no warning. It's impossible to dodge. I'm punished for wanting to play the objective.

I loved this the first couple of weeks but have begun to hate it. I can barely stomach more than a match or two at a time right now.

What is the skill cannon?

Yep. I'm really surprised that Dice didn't give the gun some type of targeting laser or something. Something that could give you a heads up that someone is aiming at you.

What is the skill cannon?
Pulse cannon. The most skillful weapon in the game.
Yep. I'm really surprised that Dice didn't give the gun some type of targeting laser or something. Something that could give you a heads up that someone is aiming at you.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the homing shot (and how 50% of the times I spawn I'm already getting an ENEMY TARGETING warning) but at least I have a warning and a way to get around it. The skill cannon gives you zero chance to react and it is the most abused weapon in the game.

Ferrio

Banned

I hope this is sarcasm.

edit: Oh pulse, not homing.

Anyways, almost all the cards are crazy overpowered in one way or another. Think it's kinda unfair to target the ones that you're only dying to.

I hope this is sarcasm.

edit: Oh pulse, not homing.

Anyways, almost all the cards are crazy overpowered in one way or another. Think it's kinda unfair to target the ones that you're only dying to.
I'm targeting the one that takes literally zero skill to use. You hold down a button, auto lock on and have infinite range. There's plenty of problematic stuff in this game but that thing is an embarrassment and its inclusion is unjustifiable.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm targeting the one that takes literally zero skill to use. You hold down a button, auto lock on and have infinite range. There's plenty of problematic stuff in this game but that thing is an embarrassment and its inclusion is unjustifiable.

What cards don't take 0 skill to use? Everything is easy, that's kinda the point of the game. If you're talking about homing, then do something about it. Equip smoke grenades, get the bodyguard trait, learn to move your ass when you hear beeping. Even if you die to one you gotta realize someone gave up other really useful cards to get access to it.

I could see your point if most of all the other cards weren't all equally as good.

What cards don't take 0 skill to use? Everything is easy, that's kinda the point of the game. If you're talking about homing, then do something about it. Equip smoke grenades, get the bodyguard trait, learn to move your ass when you hear beeping. Even if you die to one you gotta realize someone gave up other really useful cards to get access to it.
Other cards outside of homing actually require you to physically aim or at least get in to range with. Homing at least gives the opponent a chance to avoid it. The pulse cannon is a free kill card. Why not just make every gun auto lock and kill then? What a bizarre thing to defend.

Ferrio

Banned
Other cards outside of homing actually require you to physically aim or at least get in to range with. Homing at least gives the opponent a chance to avoid it. The pulse cannon is a free kill card. Why not just make every gun auto lock and kill then? What a bizarre thing to defend.

Well you're focused on how easy it is, and not actually how useful it is. Okay let's say it's a free kill every X amount of seconds. So? You got multiple cards that have easy to use explosives that can kill multiple people. You got a jetpack that gives you insane mobility and the ability to position yourself above your enemies. I've seen smoke grenades shut down advances from the other team. There's ion torpedos that tear through vehicles, including AT-AT's, AT-ST's, fighters, and even Y-wings. They're all bring way more to the fight than a single death.

border

I can probably guess the answer to this, but if my friends don't have Jakku they definitely cannot play it, right? Not even if we're in the same party?

MBison

The pulse cannon isn't any different than any number of shooters I've played where I'm sniped millions of times a game like Battlefield or any other. I don't feel like I get killed by the pulse cannon all that much.

Klyka

Banned
I can probably guess the answer to this, but if my friends don't have Jakku they definitely cannot play it, right? Not even if we're in the same party?

They can't, no.
They have to wait till the 8th or get a key for like 50cents from cdkeys.com

Hikami

You say this, but the the real bullshit is the SE-14C with explosive shot. It tears through enemies like butter. I repeatedly get a six to twelve kill streak by jetpacking into a group of enemies and letting loose with the explosive shot + SE-14C combo. I'm abusing it now, but I fully expect Dice to nerf it and fix the A-Wing problem and was surprised it wasn't fixed with the latest patch.
You can do that with pretty much any automatic/butst weapon + explosive shot though. The crutch here is the explosive shot.

pistachio

Banned
I hope DICE takes all the complaining with a grain of salt. The patch didn't change the mechanics much at all, and almost every powerful star card has a counter technique. Seriously, people keep bitching about the homing missile, but it's so easy to avoid - I would never put it in my hand.

There are definitely game mode balancing issues, but it seems that a lot of people are begging for nerfs when they just need to get better or play differently. I'm not even that good and I can see that the majority of DL-44/homing missile/pulse cannon/etc. complaints come from sore losers.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Wait the pulse canon auto locks? Isnt that the sniper rifle you have to charge up and aim carefully. It actually takes some skill to use IMO. So confused.

I must be playing a different game because i am still im wrecking with the t21b.

I can see non battlefield players not doing well in this game though. You gotta move cover to cover and pay methodically unless you are some rocket pack suicide guy/gal. Just like bf4 if you are caught out in the open you are dead. Too many good snipers out there.

MrDaravon

I hope DICE takes all the complaining with a grain of salt. The patch didn't change the mechanics much at all, and almost every powerful star card has a counter technique. Seriously, people keep bitching about the homing missile, but it's so easy to avoid - I would never put it in my hand.

There are definitely game mode balancing issues, but it seems that a lot of people are begging for nerfs when they just need to get better or play differently. I'm not even that good and I can see that the majority of DL-44/homing missile/pulse cannon/etc. complaints come from sore losers.

Most of my bullshit homing missile deaths seem to be from shit spawns/spawn camping (ex I spawn out in an open field on Hoth and just have no cover/recourse in time), so them fixing that will take care of that problem. I've never realllllly seen a whole lot of Pulse Cannon usage so I can't comment on that, but I think the DL-44 is pretty indefensible right now. If they addressed that, spawns, and some of the unbalanced faction stuff on certain maps/modes (aka Empire on Endor, and I hear the last point on TP in Jakku is apparently also a mess?) that would take care of the majority of my issues.

I really feel like it's already too late to an extent and they've lost their initial captive audience with some of the poor word of mouth from the beta, lackluster reviews, and word of mouth post-launch. The fact that a patch hit two days ago and there are still no patch notes is completely and utterly insane, not to mention the patch introducing new technical issues. I have no idea what in the goddamn hell they are doing over there. I really want to like the game more than I do but they're making it hard, all but one of my friends has dropped it and he's only mostly still with it because he bought the season pass (which I think he regrets). He's a fairly casual gamer and this was his first season pass, and he just seems confused at the fact that he downloaded a patch, we don't know what was in the patch, then he looked it up on reddit and people are trying to figure out what all was in the patch. And this guy is 100% EA's "casual" target audience for the game. EA needs to get their shit together quick, and both the paid and free DLC is going to need to be stellar. I'm going to go ahead and pick up Xenoblade because I don't have any confidence EA is going to get their house in order for even just the existing content and game before the end of the year.

Oddly my biggest takeaway right now if I kind of want to try Battlefield 4, I never played that one.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Just played 5 matches on turning point to see what all of the complaining was about.

All i can say is if you are dying to the pulse canon and the homing shot repatedly then you are just not very good.

The homing shot is brain dead simple to dodge and the pulse canon is only good against morons that stand around out in the open.

The only op weapon is the dl44 and it is only barely so. Hell i just went 33 and 12 with an e11.

The number one mistake i see everyone doing is running out in the open and making themselves easy targets.

Use cover, play slower and succeed. Also, its a battlefeild game, expect to die a lot.

Edit: btw scan pulse is the best card in the game. Use it.

Just played 5 matches on turning point to see what all of the complaining was about.

All i can say is if you are dying to the pulse canon and the homing shot repatedly then you are just not very good.

The homing shot is brain dead simple to dodge and the pulse canon is only good against morons that stand around out in the open.

The only op weapon is the dl44 and it is only barely so. Hell i just went 33 and 12 with an e11.

The number one mistake i see everyone doing is running out in the open and making themselves easy targets.

Use cover, play slower and succeed. Also, its a battlefeild game, expect to die a lot.

Yeah I never understood people complaining about either. I rarely, if ever, die from either in all modes. I also always play with a Jump Pack equipped and if I need to travel across an open area I Jump Pack from cover to cover. The only times I die from Pulse Cannon is when I'm not paying attention and stay at a corner for too long and I can't remember the last time I died from Homing Shot. With the Jump Pack equipped and if you are without cover you just need to hear the missile and when it gets close just Jump Pack and while it will do damage to you it won't kill unless it is a direct hit.

I'm sorry to say to people but if a guy has enough time to Homing Shot you in an open area he could have killed you with a blaster.

The pulse cannon isn't any different than any number of shooters I've played where I'm sniped millions of times a game like Battlefield or any other. I don't feel like I get killed by the pulse cannon all that much.

Yeah as far as blind sniping this has it the least.

Really like the new map. It is super open.

You had some great shouts, but are scraping the barrel a bit with these ones I think! I wouldn't want to ever see dewbacks on principle. I was just talking to a friend about how I wished I could somehow play as max rebo himself though, that'd be silly but fantastic!

If they're keeping all of the expansions limited to just the original trilogy, it's kind of hard to come up with content to fill up four whole expansions! It is the best I could come up with based on the things that I thought would make the game perfect. Most likely they're going to put content from "Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens" in there after they run out of content from the original trilogy.

MDave

Will they make Yoda a hero for the upcoming expansions, or put him in with the prequel content whenever they get around to doing that? He isn't seen using a light saber and fight at all in the original trilogy, was wondering on how that works out if they want to keep things accurate.

He would have a tiny hitbox, move fast and do acrobats I guess, how would they balance that?

The game keeps crashing with a display driver error.
It only happens when I play Battlefront. Not sure if there's an easy fix or something that's wrong with the game.

hesido

Scan pulse rules. I'm guilty for using the infinite card glitch before it was fixed, though. Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom